Total Posts:150|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why God cannot exist

GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:01:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

God is the alpha and omega, beginning and ending. Of course He knows where the plan comes from and is going. He is the originator.

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

Can you prove that God can't create an entity separate from Himself?? Not sure where you get a basis for this apparent limitation.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:21:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

You should try to defend these two claims in a formal debate. But just to warn you, you're going to have to go into more detail. What do you mean by "open infinite," and what does free will have to do with whether God knows where the plan (what plan?) came from or where it is going? And why does it need to come from anywhere but himself? And why couldn't God know it?

Also, why couldn't God create something distinct from himself just because he is everywhere? And why does it follow that God couldn't have free will if he is located everywhere? And what kind of free will are you talking about--libertarian or compatibilist?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:25:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 8:21:07 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

You should try to defend these two claims in a formal debate. But just to warn you, you're going to have to go into more detail. What do you mean by "open infinite," and what does free will have to do with whether God knows where the plan (what plan?) came from or where it is going? And why does it need to come from anywhere but himself? And why couldn't God know it?

Also, why couldn't God create something distinct from himself just because he is everywhere? And why does it follow that God couldn't have free will if he is located everywhere? And what kind of free will are you talking about--libertarian or compatibilist?

I was trying to keep it short but I will definitely iron out the details in a bit sorry for a delay.

just to add a bit more right now..

-Open infinite doesn't begin or end.
-I was talking about Gods Free Will
-The plan to make the universe and god itself in such a way that gods existence would satisfy gods plan. it sounds silly because the concept of god itself is such
-God cannot even account for how everything is, if the future and past is still unraveling as in an open infinite that keeps on going. Or if he/it knows of EVERYTHING which suggests an end knowable only to god such limits would not be able to be imposed by god because the self of god would be determined by the character, a sugary coat for a vacuous concept of a self defining character. It is merely the equivalence of saying God can choose it's first thought. How can someone believe that.
-Even if there is no God that created God. It cannot create itself because what self would it create it with? Even if god randomly came from nowhere and existed always it cannot be said that it is in control of itself.
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
YYW
Posts: 36,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:27:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

lol
Tsar of DDO
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 11:10:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

Thanks for your post; it has made me think of a problem to which I haven't really given much thought, namely, God's being open-ended. Saying God is eternal is to say God is temporally infinite, in other words, beyond any measurement of time. This would mean to denote God in a temporal sense is contradictory in terms. It could not be said God created the World; for, the verb created speaks of something that has past. It could not be said God through Christ redeems the world; for, the verb speaks in the present tense; and, neither could it be asserted God will judge the world; for, here it said God will do something in the future. It goes against logic to say God is beyond time and, then, to speak of God in a temporal sense.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 11:33:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

Secondly, I agree with the premise: If God's being is in all places at all times, it could not be said any other's being occupies that space.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 11:57:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 11:10:58 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

Thanks for your post; it has made me think of a problem to which I haven't really given much thought, namely, God's being open-ended. Saying God is eternal is to say God is temporally infinite, in other words, beyond any measurement of time. This would mean to denote God in a temporal sense is contradictory in terms. It could not be said God created the World; for, the verb created speaks of something that has past. It could not be said God through Christ redeems the world; for, the verb speaks in the present tense; and, neither could it be asserted God will judge the world; for, here it said God will do something in the future. It goes against logic to say God is beyond time and, then, to speak of God in a temporal sense.

I think you're trying to place artificial limits on an omnipotent being.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 11:59:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 11:33:10 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

Secondly, I agree with the premise: If God's being is in all places at all times, it could not be said any other's being occupies that space.

Simple explanation, God exists in all of us.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:53:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:57:41 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/28/2012 11:10:58 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Thanks for your post; it has made me think of a problem to which I haven't really given much thought, namely, God's being open-ended. Saying God is eternal is to say God is temporally infinite, in other words, beyond any measurement of time. This would mean to denote God in a temporal sense is contradictory in terms. It could not be said God created the World; for, the verb created speaks of something that has past. It could not be said God through Christ redeems the world; for, the verb speaks in the present tense; and, neither could it be asserted God will judge the world; for, here it said God will do something in the future. It goes against logic to say God is beyond time and, then, to speak of God in a temporal sense.

I think you're trying to place artificial limits on an omnipotent being.

I'm not placing limits on anyone. I'm not the one saying God is infinite and, then, limiting God in time and space.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:59:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/28/2012 11:33:10 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Secondly, I agree with the premise: If God's being is in all places at all times, it could not be said any other's being occupies that space.

Simple explanation, God exists in all of us.

Then, where does God begin and you end?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 9:10:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 12:53:34 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 11:57:41 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/28/2012 11:10:58 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Thanks for your post; it has made me think of a problem to which I haven't really given much thought, namely, God's being open-ended. Saying God is eternal is to say God is temporally infinite, in other words, beyond any measurement of time. This would mean to denote God in a temporal sense is contradictory in terms. It could not be said God created the World; for, the verb created speaks of something that has past. It could not be said God through Christ redeems the world; for, the verb speaks in the present tense; and, neither could it be asserted God will judge the world; for, here it said God will do something in the future. It goes against logic to say God is beyond time and, then, to speak of God in a temporal sense.

I think you're trying to place artificial limits on an omnipotent being.

I'm not placing limits on anyone. I'm not the one saying God is infinite and, then, limiting God in time and space.

He does what He wants. Are you saying that we limit Him in time and space??
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 9:15:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 11:59:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/28/2012 11:33:10 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Secondly, I agree with the premise: If God's being is in all places at all times, it could not be said any other's being occupies that space.

Simple explanation, God exists in all of us.

Then, where does God begin and you end?

It's kinda like when you and your spouse become one, though you're still 2 separate entities.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 9:28:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

What if Gods plan is only to observe and learn so he can gain knowledge. Just because religion tells us he is "all knowing" doesn't mean he "already knows everything".
It's easier for me to understand Gods plan if I look at everything through the perspective of an almost unconditionally tolerant parent.

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

If energy is found to be a conscious intelligence wouldn't that be a form of proof that God is either a form of energy or uses/used energy as a tool to manipulate the universe to his will?
Isn't all matte,r and all science, and all math based off of what celestial energies created?
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 9:50:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 11:59:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/28/2012 11:33:10 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Secondly, I agree with the premise: If God's being is in all places at all times, it could not be said any other's being occupies that space.

Simple explanation, God exists in all of us.

Then, where does God begin and you end?

Okay that was simply put and deserves a fair answer. He plainly pointed out somewhere god cannot be. What can deter the imagery within that statement?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:43:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 9:10:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:
He does what He wants. Are you saying that we limit Him in time and space??

Yes. I'm saying that, exactly. You say, "God is everywhere, yet not here; for, that's where the Devil lives." "Evil people are all around us." "Truly, the presence of the Lord is in this place." "Hell is complete separation, from God." Have you noticed any common parts of speech, in each sentence? Let me clue you in, if not: They all contain prepositions, and prepositions speak of place.

By saying anything other than God inhabits a position in space, you are, in effect, saying God is everywhere but not here. For instance, to say you are not God, yet you inhabit space is saying there is a space that God does not inhabit; for, you inhabit it.

Secondly, it goes against logic, to say God is not temporal, yet speak of God in temporal terms. If something is beyond time, then, it can't be constrained by the dimension of time; it's non-phenomenal; it does not occur at any temporal coordinate. To predicate God with tense, as in, "God created the World," is to modify God in a temporal sense.
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:47:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 9:28:36 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

What if Gods plan is only to observe and learn so he can gain knowledge. Just because religion tells us he is "all knowing" doesn't mean he "already knows everything".
It's easier for me to understand Gods plan if I look at everything through the perspective of an almost unconditionally tolerant parent.


Well that means your god cannot time travel or be the creator of time itself, all moments past and future... Ignoring that absurdity will get you into the simple issue of identity and how it cant be self assigned so whatever god is would be random necessarily.

2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

If energy is found to be a conscious intelligence wouldn't that be a form of proof that God is either a form of energy or uses/used energy as a tool to manipulate the universe to his will?
Isn't all matte,r and all science, and all math based off of what celestial energies created?

I think that was a joke but celestial also just means galaxies and space. As for proof of energy being conscious I would like to see that. You would still need to answer to Anthony's straightforward argument as gods will may be to exist everywhere in so making it impossible to create a subset model absent of itself. How does one truly reconcile his penetrating statement of where does one end and the other begin?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:54:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 10:43:45 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:10:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:
He does what He wants. Are you saying that we limit Him in time and space??


Theologies fun...so let's get cracking with this.

Yes. I'm saying that, exactly. You say, "God is everywhere, yet not here; for, that's where the Devil lives."

Try taking it in a less literal sense.

"Evil people are all around us."

And?

"Truly, the presence of the Lord is in this place."

See the word presence. Simply saying god is in one place does not mean god is not anywhere else.

"Hell is complete separation, from God."

Taking it to literally once again. God is there, you just don't recognize god, thus you are separated. Hope you get what I'm saying.

Have you noticed any common parts of speech, in each sentence? Let me clue you in, if not: They all contain prepositions, and prepositions speak of place.

By saying anything other than God inhabits a position in space, you are, in effect, saying God is everywhere but not here. For instance, to say you are not God, yet you inhabit space is saying there is a space that God does not inhabit; for, you inhabit it.

God is not a physical entity. God is spirit. Two physical entities cannot inhabit the same space. Theologically speaking, assuming god's existence, god is a part of you.

Secondly, it goes against logic, to say God is not temporal, yet speak of God in temporal terms. If something is beyond time, then, it can't be constrained by the dimension of time; it's non-phenomenal; it does not occur at any temporal coordinate. To predicate God with tense, as in, "God created the World," is to modify God in a temporal sense.

God is not logical. But, when one says god created the world, they are talking in terms of a human conception of time. These temporal terms only serve to allow people to speak about god. Otherwise, it would be impossible.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 12:04:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 9:15:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Then, where does God begin and you end?

It's kinda like when you and your spouse become one, though you're still 2 separate entities.

First of all, saying God is everywhere is given God the property of physicality. God cannot be a metaphysical being and, then, given a position in space. Everywhere is a physical location; being metaphysical would mean God has no physical location; in other words, God is nowhere. Physical beings inhabit space. So, it could be correctly said, a physical being is here; yet, God's being metaphysical isn't.
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 12:34:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 12:04:01 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:15:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Then, where does God begin and you end?

It's kinda like when you and your spouse become one, though you're still 2 separate entities.

First of all, saying God is everywhere is given God the property of physicality. God cannot be a metaphysical being and, then, given a position in space. Everywhere is a physical location; being metaphysical would mean God has no physical location; in other words, God is nowhere. Physical beings inhabit space. So, it could be correctly said, a physical being is here; yet, God's being metaphysical isn't.

If we say god is everywhere and or nowhere it is funny how nobody has reconciled your take on how 1 thing cant coexist with itself without being just itself
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 4:38:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 10:43:45 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:10:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:
He does what He wants. Are you saying that we limit Him in time and space??

Yes. I'm saying that, exactly. You say, "God is everywhere, yet not here; for, that's where the Devil lives." "Evil people are all around us." "Truly, the presence of the Lord is in this place." "Hell is complete separation, from God." Have you noticed any common parts of speech, in each sentence? Let me clue you in, if not: They all contain prepositions, and prepositions speak of place.

By saying anything other than God inhabits a position in space, you are, in effect, saying God is everywhere but not here. For instance, to say you are not God, yet you inhabit space is saying there is a space that God does not inhabit; for, you inhabit it.

We are a physical presence on earth. God's presence is spiritual.

Secondly, it goes against logic, to say God is not temporal, yet speak of God in temporal terms. If something is beyond time, then, it can't be constrained by the dimension of time; it's non-phenomenal; it does not occur at any temporal coordinate. To predicate God with tense, as in, "God created the World," is to modify God in a temporal sense.

If I were to refer to a human in that way then I agree it would be illogical. To say that God must be one or the other is placing an artificial limit on Him. You're speaking from a human perspective and applying the same rules that we are bound by to Him.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 4:56:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 12:04:01 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:15:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Then, where does God begin and you end?

It's kinda like when you and your spouse become one, though you're still 2 separate entities.

First of all, saying God is everywhere is given God the property of physicality. God cannot be a metaphysical being and, then, given a position in space. Everywhere is a physical location; being metaphysical would mean God has no physical location; in other words, God is nowhere. Physical beings inhabit space. So, it could be correctly said, a physical being is here; yet, God's being metaphysical isn't.

Again, we are here physically, God spiritually. You seem to be implying that there is only physicality, and physicality and spirituality cannot exist in the same space. I don't see any basis for the implication that the two cannot co-exist, within the same space.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 5:07:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 12:34:35 AM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 11/30/2012 12:04:01 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:15:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Then, where does God begin and you end?

It's kinda like when you and your spouse become one, though you're still 2 separate entities.

First of all, saying God is everywhere is given God the property of physicality. God cannot be a metaphysical being and, then, given a position in space. Everywhere is a physical location; being metaphysical would mean God has no physical location; in other words, God is nowhere. Physical beings inhabit space. So, it could be correctly said, a physical being is here; yet, God's being metaphysical isn't.

If we say god is everywhere and or nowhere it is funny how nobody has reconciled your take on how 1 thing cant coexist with itself without being just itself

If physicality is all that exists and excludes anything else from also inhabiting that space, then how is it that you exist physically but are also consciously aware of your existence?? Conscious awareness is not a physical property, yet it exists, alongside the physical. Physical existence is also possible without that awareness, so it can't be said that it's contingent on the physical being.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 8:24:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 4:38:02 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 10:43:45 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:10:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:
He does what He wants. Are you saying that we limit Him in time and space??

Yes. I'm saying that, exactly. You say, "God is everywhere, yet not here; for, that's where the Devil lives." "Evil people are all around us." "Truly, the presence of the Lord is in this place." "Hell is complete separation, from God." Have you noticed any common parts of speech, in each sentence? Let me clue you in, if not: They all contain prepositions, and prepositions speak of place.

By saying anything other than God inhabits a position in space, you are, in effect, saying God is everywhere but not here. For instance, to say you are not God, yet you inhabit space is saying there is a space that God does not inhabit; for, you inhabit it.

We are a physical presence on earth. God's presence is spiritual.

So, needless to say, God's being metaphysical does not inhabit space.


Secondly, it goes against logic, to say God is not temporal, yet speak of God in temporal terms. If something is beyond time, then, it can't be constrained by the dimension of time; it's non-phenomenal; it does not occur at any temporal coordinate. To predicate God with tense, as in, "God created the World," is to modify God in a temporal sense.

If I were to refer to a human in that way then I agree it would be illogical. To say that God must be one or the other is placing an artificial limit on Him. You're speaking from a human perspective and applying the same rules that we are bound by to Him.

So, you're telling me God is illogical? God makes no sense? Why would anybody in his, or her, right mind believe in something that makes no sense? Isn't that the definition of "being mad"?
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 8:29:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 4:56:36 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Again, we are here physically, God spiritually. You seem to be implying that there is only physicality, and physicality and spirituality cannot exist in the same space. I don't see any basis for the implication that the two cannot co-exist, within the same space.

No. I'm saying God's being metaphysical is not a spatial being. God doesn't exist in space.
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 8:33:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:28:45 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
1) An Eternal Personal God cannot exist with Free Will because even god itself does not know where the plan came from or is going. This wold be an open infinite

How can you know that God cannot know where the plan came from or is going? Moreover, how does it logically follow that an eternal and personal God cannot exist with free will because he doesn't know where the plan came from or is going? You have to elaborate on this. You have to give reasonable reasons as to why an eternal and personal God cannot exist with free will because he doesn't know where the plan came from or is going. Until you have done that, this claim remains completely unwarranted.


2) If God is Everywhere, Always, God cannot create something separate, So then I would be God. God would still be without Free Will only the one in control is always me if ever

Why can't God, if He is everywhere, create something separate? You have just made baseless claims here, but not given any reasons as to why we should even consider what you have said to be true.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 8:38:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 12:34:35 AM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 11/30/2012 12:04:01 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 9:15:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:56:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Then, where does God begin and you end?

It's kinda like when you and your spouse become one, though you're still 2 separate entities.

First of all, saying God is everywhere is given God the property of physicality. God cannot be a metaphysical being and, then, given a position in space. Everywhere is a physical location; being metaphysical would mean God has no physical location; in other words, God is nowhere. Physical beings inhabit space. So, it could be correctly said, a physical being is here; yet, God's being metaphysical isn't.

If we say god is everywhere and or nowhere it is funny how nobody has reconciled your take on how 1 thing cant coexist with itself without being just itself

I think the problem is most people say God is non-physical and, then, speak as though God had physical dimensions.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 9:02:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 8:29:28 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/30/2012 4:56:36 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Again, we are here physically, God spiritually. You seem to be implying that there is only physicality, and physicality and spirituality cannot exist in the same space. I don't see any basis for the implication that the two cannot co-exist, within the same space.

No. I'm saying God's being metaphysical is not a spatial being. God doesn't exist in space.

So God isn't using his intelligence to manipulate the cosmos? How could e exist if he didn't?
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 9:04:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 12:26:20 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 11/29/2012 10:54:15 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Do you believe God is physical or metaphysical?

both