Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DIS IS 4 U ATHElST!!! GO TO HELL!!!

elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 7:29:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Dis is for u Theists: Prove hell is real!!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 7:34:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:29:13 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Dis is for u Theists: Prove hell is real!!
(RSV) Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 7:50:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:29:13 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Dis is for u Theists: Prove hell is real!!

Before discover the earth is round already God said in the Bible. Proof that God existed
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 7:53:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:34:37 PM, elisur wrote:

(RSV) Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

This probably a real bad idea - that is, engaging what seems to be a troll - but using Sodom and Gomorrah to illustrate your point is a TERRIBLE idea.

Ezekiel 16:53-55

"53 ""However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before. "

Restoration after that destruction? Say what? Doesn't really sound like an "eternal" (as in duration) fire to me...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 8:28:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:53:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/30/2012 7:34:37 PM, elisur wrote:

(RSV) Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

This probably a real bad idea - that is, engaging what seems to be a troll - but using Sodom and Gomorrah to illustrate your point is a TERRIBLE idea.

Ezekiel 16:53-55

"53 ""However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before. "

Restoration after that destruction? Say what? Doesn't really sound like an "eternal" (as in duration) fire to me...

wrong! name SODOMA its symbolized only
(RSV) Ezekiel 16:55 As for your sisters, Sodom and her daughters shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate; and you and your daughters shall return to your former estate.

The name SODOMA used only for symbolized like
Revelation 11:8 and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

(RSV) 2 Peter 2:6 if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly;
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 1:15:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Telling an atheist to go to hell is like telling a vegetarian to eat unicorn meat.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 1:21:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's quite obvious you're a troll, but nonetheless I feel this needs to be said:

At 11/30/2012 7:50:01 PM, elisur wrote:

Before discover the earth is round already God said in the Bible. Proof that God existed

Eratosthenes knew the surface of the Earth was curved during the third century BC. When was the Bible written again?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 1:22:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
*sigh*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 2:49:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/1/2012 1:21:05 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
It's quite obvious you're a troll, but nonetheless I feel this needs to be said:

At 11/30/2012 7:50:01 PM, elisur wrote:

Before discover the earth is round already God said in the Bible. Proof that God existed

Eratosthenes knew the surface of the Earth was curved during the third century BC. When was the Bible written again?

WRONG:::
Isaiah 40:22
Strong's H2329 - chuwg
חוּג
Transliteration Pronunciation
chuwg kh"g (Key)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) circle, circuit, compass
2) (BDB) vault (of the heavens)
חוּג m. a circle,sphere,used of the arch or vault of the sky
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 3:02:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/1/2012 2:49:42 AM, elisur wrote:

WRONG:::
Isaiah 40:22
Strong's H2329 - chuwg
חוּג
Transliteration Pronunciation
chuwg kh"g (Key)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) circle, circuit, compass
2) (BDB) vault (of the heavens)
חוּג m. a circle,sphere,used of the arch or vault of the sky

Um, okay.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 3:06:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/1/2012 1:21:05 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
It's quite obvious you're a troll, but nonetheless I feel this needs to be said:

At 11/30/2012 7:50:01 PM, elisur wrote:

Before discover the earth is round already God said in the Bible. Proof that God existed

Eratosthenes knew the surface of the Earth was curved during the third century BC. When was the Bible written again?

The section of Isaiah that elisur quoted was written around the 6th century BC.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
StreetLogician
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 2:08:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

It never ceases to amaze me that theist's think quoting a book of fairie tales will persuade anyone who does not already believe it.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 9:12:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/1/2012 3:06:48 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 12/1/2012 1:21:05 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
It's quite obvious you're a troll, but nonetheless I feel this needs to be said:

At 11/30/2012 7:50:01 PM, elisur wrote:

Before discover the earth is round already God said in the Bible. Proof that God existed

Eratosthenes knew the surface of the Earth was curved during the third century BC. When was the Bible written again?

The section of Isaiah that elisur quoted was written around the 6th century BC.

Proven that the Bible is real and the word of God is real
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 9:26:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/1/2012 3:02:31 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 12/1/2012 2:49:42 AM, elisur wrote:

WRONG:::
Isaiah 40:22
Strong's H2329 - chuwg
חוּג
Transliteration Pronunciation
chuwg kh"g (Key)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) circle, circuit, compass
2) (BDB) vault (of the heavens)
חוּג m. a circle,sphere,used of the arch or vault of the sky

Um, okay.

LOL.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 9:29:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 9:26:30 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 12/1/2012 3:02:31 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 12/1/2012 2:49:42 AM, elisur wrote:

WRONG:::
Isaiah 40:22
Strong's H2329 - chuwg
חוּג
Transliteration Pronunciation
chuwg kh"g (Key)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) circle, circuit, compass
2) (BDB) vault (of the heavens)
חוּג m. a circle,sphere,used of the arch or vault of the sky

Um, okay.

LOL.

We have proof that God is real and his Word.....hehhehehehehehhe
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 9:59:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do you want an ordinary group of people to spend an eternity in never ceasing torment and torture?

Are you sadistic?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:05:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 9:59:51 PM, phantom wrote:
Why do you want an ordinary group of people to spend an eternity in never ceasing torment and torture?

Are you sadistic?

no hes christian....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:13:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Shut the fvck up.

Kthxbye
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:15:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 10:13:27 PM, thett3 wrote:
Shut the fvck up.

Kthxbye

All he did was cite anti-atheistic scripture.... What part of that do you find misrepresents Christianity and requires him to shut up?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:19:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 10:15:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/2/2012 10:13:27 PM, thett3 wrote:
Shut the fvck up.

Kthxbye

All he did was cite anti-atheistic scripture.... What part of that do you find misrepresents Christianity and requires him to shut up?

If you're looking for me to bend over backwards justifying every part of the Bible you're barking up the wrong tree, I havent believed in Biblical inerrancy or the doctrine of hell for a long time.

But I certainly DO believe that Christ did teach us to forgive love our enemies, and telling them joyfully to suffer for all eternity is not an expression of love...at all. Even if Christianity was 100% false and I believed none of it what hes saying would disgust me
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:25:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 10:19:31 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/2/2012 10:15:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/2/2012 10:13:27 PM, thett3 wrote:
Shut the fvck up.

Kthxbye

All he did was cite anti-atheistic scripture.... What part of that do you find misrepresents Christianity and requires him to shut up?

If you're looking for me to bend over backwards justifying every part of the Bible you're barking up the wrong tree, I havent believed in Biblical inerrancy or the doctrine of hell for a long time.

But I certainly DO believe that Christ did teach us to forgive love our enemies, and telling them joyfully to suffer for all eternity is not an expression of love...at all. Even if Christianity was 100% false and I believed none of it what hes saying would disgust me

That's just the thing that bugs me about liberal Christianity, which is basically what you subscribe to. You can't parse the Bible, and then pick and choose what you will and won't believe....especially when the only method of your selection is the apparent sensibility of the particular doctrine. As a Christian, you have chosen to believe a large swath of things, and the Bible is the only evidence you have to corroborate it. To reject things from the Bible immediately crumbles its sacrosanctity... and leaves all other beliefs you've held onto completely baseless.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:33:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 10:25:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/2/2012 10:19:31 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/2/2012 10:15:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/2/2012 10:13:27 PM, thett3 wrote:
Shut the fvck up.

Kthxbye

All he did was cite anti-atheistic scripture.... What part of that do you find misrepresents Christianity and requires him to shut up?

If you're looking for me to bend over backwards justifying every part of the Bible you're barking up the wrong tree, I havent believed in Biblical inerrancy or the doctrine of hell for a long time.

But I certainly DO believe that Christ did teach us to forgive love our enemies, and telling them joyfully to suffer for all eternity is not an expression of love...at all. Even if Christianity was 100% false and I believed none of it what hes saying would disgust me

That's just the thing that bugs me about liberal Christianity, which is basically what you subscribe to. You can't parse the Bible, and then pick and choose what you will and won't believe....especially when the only method of your selection is the apparent sensibility of the particular doctrine. As a Christian, you have chosen to believe a large swath of things, and the Bible is the only evidence you have to corroborate it. To reject things from the Bible immediately crumbles its sacrosanctity... and leaves all other beliefs you've held onto completely baseless.

Not exactly. Not all the evidence for believing in God comes from the Bible, and even if it did taking writings written thousands of years ago that dealt with tons of translations and mistranslations, mixed with mythology and tales from other ancient religions at face value is dumb.

And I mean, I dont see any reason why rejecting things from the Bible leaves other beliefs baseless. Especially since most books were written by different authors and describe different perspectives...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 11:21:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This appears on the web, but I don't know if it is accurate:

"As far as we can tell nobody ever considered the world to be flat. The very earliest writings always describe the world as a dome or an upturned bowl or as a pile of soil or similar descriptions. So we can assume that people never thought the world was flat. That makes sense since anyone who climbed even a small mountain could see quite clearly that the world curves away on all sides. As a result they assumed it was shaped like a dome, with their location near the top.

I guess what you meant to ask is when people first started to think the world was spherical. We don't know the answer to that question. We know that by the time we get to Hellenistic Greece it seems to have been universally accepted that the world was a sphere. Given their advanced astronomy it seems almost certain that the Persians had figured out that the Earth was spherical. After all they saw that the moon was spherical.

So the person who first discovered that the world was round was probably some Persian or Babylonian astrologer 3, 000 years ago."

http://qna.rediff.com...
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 12:24:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/2/2012 11:21:10 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
This appears on the web, but I don't know if it is accurate:

"As far as we can tell nobody ever considered the world to be flat. The very earliest writings always describe the world as a dome or an upturned bowl or as a pile of soil or similar descriptions. So we can assume that people never thought the world was flat. That makes sense since anyone who climbed even a small mountain could see quite clearly that the world curves away on all sides. As a result they assumed it was shaped like a dome, with their location near the top.

I guess what you meant to ask is when people first started to think the world was spherical. We don't know the answer to that question. We know that by the time we get to Hellenistic Greece it seems to have been universally accepted that the world was a sphere. Given their advanced astronomy it seems almost certain that the Persians had figured out that the Earth was spherical. After all they saw that the moon was spherical.

So the person who first discovered that the world was round was probably some Persian or Babylonian astrologer 3, 000 years ago."

http://qna.rediff.com...

As far as we can tell nobody ever considered the world to be flat. The very earliest writings always describe the world as a dome or an upturned bowl or as a pile of soil or similar descriptions. So we can assume that people never thought the world was flat. That makes sense since anyone who climbed even a small mountain could see quite clearly that the world curves away on all sides. As a result they assumed it was shaped like a dome, with their location near the top.

I guess what you meant to ask is when people first started to think the world was spherical. We don't know the answer to that question. We know that by the time we get to Hellenistic Greece it seems to have been universally accepted that the world was a sphere. Given their advanced astronomy it seems almost certain that the Persians had figured out that the Earth was spherical. After all they saw that the moon was spherical.

So the person who first discovered that the world was round was probably some Persian or Babylonian astrologer 3, 000 years ago.

>>>How was it proven?

I guess the person who 'proved' the world was round was Ferdinand Magellan, who was the first man to sail around the world. That was the first time it was conclusively proven that the world was round.

Note that he never disproved that a belief in flat Earth was wrong. Neither Magellan nor anybody he ever met believed the Earth was flat. All Europeans knew it was round. Other cultures may have thought it was a dome but nobody had ever thought it was flat.

____Those who have answered "Columbus" are completely wrong. Everybody knew that the world was a sphere by the time Columbus was born, and everybody already knew that you could sail west to get to India.

All that Columbus did was underestimate the size of the world. He calculated that it would be faster to sail wets to get to India than to sail East. Of course he was completely wrong. But the point is that he and everybody else had long since accepted that the world was spherical.

Do US schools still teach the myth that Columbus proved the world was round? Or did you pick that 'fact' up from watching cartoons?

The word of God in the Bible is true proven that God is Existing;God said already
before they discover
DNA before they discover God already said in the Bible
(KJV) Psalms 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalms 139:15
My substance was not hid from thee,
when I was made in secret,
and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Psalms 139:16
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
and in thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
(KJV) Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
http://www.trueorigin.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://science.howstuffworks.com...
http://www.mhrc.net...
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 2:34:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

This is really mean of you to say, for that I must tear your religion down.

Tell me if you believe in the age of reason and if so what age. I would also like to know if people who never had or will have a chance to hear about the bible go to heaven.

GRRRRRR, I HOPE IF ANYTHING ITS ALLAH YOU FRIGGIN TURD!!!
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 2:57:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 2:34:14 AM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."







This is really mean of you to say, for that I must tear your religion down.

Tell me if you believe in the age of reason and if so what age. I would also like to know if people who never had or will have a chance to hear about the bible go to heaven.

GRRRRRR, I HOPE IF ANYTHING ITS ALLAH YOU FRIGGIN TURD!!!

The only Book teaching the people go to heaven is Bible, No other Book ALLAH is not real God. Because Allah teaching polygamy,but God in the Bible is not like that
(RSV) Matthew 19:5 and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
(RSV) 1 Timothy 3:2 Now a bishop must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sensible, dignified, hospitable, an apt teacher,
emj32
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 2:58:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
How very Christ like to sentence millions of people to eternal torture and damnation. I'm pretty sure Christians don't understand what the word 'irony' is. "Our God loves all his children, except the ones that he sends to bake in infinite fire and brimstone." Oh religion...
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 3:09:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 2:57:27 AM, elisur wrote:
At 12/3/2012 2:34:14 AM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 11/30/2012 7:16:38 PM, elisur wrote:
(RSV) Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
14:3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

(RSV) Romans 3:10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
3:11 no one understands, no one seeks for God.
3:12 All have turned aside, together they have gone wrong; no one does good, not even one."
3:13 "Their throat is an open grave, they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
3:14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."







This is really mean of you to say, for that I must tear your religion down.

Tell me if you believe in the age of reason and if so what age. I would also like to know if people who never had or will have a chance to hear about the bible go to heaven.

GRRRRRR, I HOPE IF ANYTHING ITS ALLAH YOU FRIGGIN TURD!!!

The only Book teaching the people go to heaven is Bible, No other Book ALLAH is not real God. Because Allah teaching polygamy,but God in the Bible is not like that
(RSV) Matthew 19:5 and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
(RSV) 1 Timothy 3:2 Now a bishop must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sensible, dignified, hospitable, an apt teacher,

That is your answer? That is your Ace in the Hole? Allah isn't real because he said you get more wives.... uh where do I sign up?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW