I got a question, to all athiest and agnostic

aguilarjohn7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:32:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How could you guys say, you guys don't believe in God nor Jesus
Then what year do you live in? I meen we are basing our years after Christ resurrection, were in 2012 after Christ date, the whole roman empire was in shock that Jesus was the Son of God, that's why were based on Christ year, now how do you guys sound believing in science, and say they have found bones of billions. of years old, if there's only been 2012 years? Its cus there was life before Christ. but we don't know how many years was there, all we know is Christ died and wasresurrected so the years started after Christ,

So you athiest that don't believe in Jesus, wat year do you guys base on? Ignore Christ and you'll guys will be lost, wouldn't even know the date
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:19:28 AM
At 12/5/2012 11:32:06 PM, aguilarjohn7 wrote:
Then what year do you live in? I meen we are basing our years after Christ resurrection, were in 2012 after Christ date, the whole roman empire was in shock that Jesus was the Son of God, that's why were based on Christ year, now how do you guys sound believing in science, and say they have found bones of billions. of years old, if there's only been 2012 years? Its cus there was life before Christ. but we don't know how many years was there, all we know is Christ died and wasresurrected so the years started after Christ,

So you athiest that don't believe in Jesus, wat year do you guys base on? Ignore Christ and you'll guys will be lost, wouldn't even know the date

+10 for originality.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:48:27 AM
At 12/6/2012 4:23:37 AM, FREEDO wrote:
God appeared to me in a dream and told me he doesn't exist.

Who am I to argue with God?

What was He like?
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 5:44:24 AM
Cmon straiten the poor guy out.
Then what year do you live in? I meen we are basing our years after Christ resurrection, were in 2012 after Christ date, the whole roman empire was in shock that Jesus was the Son of God, that's why were based on Christ year, now how do you guys sound believing in science, and say they have found bones of billions. of years old, if there's only been 2012 years? Its cus there was life before Christ. but we don't know how many years was there, all we know is Christ died and was resurrected so the years started after Christ,

Basically, 2012 is the # of years from when Christians think, (or rather thought,) Jesus was resurrected.

Just replace the words "Jesus was resurrected" with "some people think/thought Jesus was resurrected.

It is interesting to note that even most/all Christian scholars today do not believe Jesus died even close to 2012 years ago.

"Jesus, as described in the New Testament, was most likely crucified on Friday April 3, 33 A.D." http://www.patheos.com...

http://christianorigins.co.uk...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://wiki.answers.com...

http://www.class.uidaho.edu...

http://faithpromotingrumor.wordpress.com...

So, it's not clear precisely when he died, but everyone agrees that it was a # of DECADES after the year 1 A.D..
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 7:30:58 AM

Easy. Using various muscle transformations of my mouth, lips, and tongue, I blow air across my vocal chords and produce sounds, which rendered in the English language are: "I don't believe in God nor Jesus."

Then what year do you live in? I meen we are basing our years after Christ resurrection, were in 2012 after Christ date, the whole roman empire was in shock that Jesus was the Son of God, that's why were based on Christ year,

The Anno Domini system wasn't created until 525 AD. Yes, it was invented, accepted, and implemented by people who believed in Christ and based the numbering of years around when they thought Christ lived.

However, adherence to this calendar is no more proof of god or Jesus than your use of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are proof of the existence of Norse Gods. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are specifically named after Tiw, Odin and Thor, respectively.

now how do you guys sound believing in science, and say they have found bones of billions. of years old, if there's only been 2012 years?

Its cus there was life before Christ. but we don't know how many years was there, all we know is Christ died and wasresurrected so the years started after Christ,

This... this is a joke, right?
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 2:12:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

The calender does not affect the validity of atheism. If we start a new calender based on Darwin's birthdate, does that affect the validity of creationism? No. Plus, there are plenty other calenders not based on this.

We do know a rough idea of the time before it. It is called radiometric dating, a method of finding out when an object was created. It works because the radioactive minerals in the object slowly lose their radioactivity and then turn into other elements, giving a rough idea of the age of the object. The speed of the decay is always steady unless it is recorded by creationists writing down a non-peer reviewed, biased article.

Plus, atheists do not accept Jesus as our savior, but still uses the calender. It is just a way of finding the time. Plus, the Bible says there were 6000 thousand years, not 2012 years. Radiometric dating says that the Earth was 4.5 billion years old, and the results remain consistant with every different dating method. (unless a creationist was recording it, where he/she will just twist and change the results.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 3:31:14 PM

Are you saying you need to believe in Pagan Gods to know what day of the week it is?

You people who don't believe in the God of War, ignore Tiu and you'll be lost, you wouldn't even know the day of the week?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Luggs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 9:59:42 PM
I reccomend seeing what year we are in according to the Jewish calendar. It says something above 6300.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:41:24 AM
At 1/21/2013 9:59:42 PM, Luggs wrote:
I reccomend seeing what year we are in according to the Jewish calendar. It says something above 6300.

It's more like around 5773. Just sayin.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 1:03:19 AM

Actually you are sadly wrong for two reasons. First, it is 2013. Second, year 0 AD is a year too, so if we count that then there have actually been 2014 years.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 1:05:07 AM
At 1/22/2013 1:03:19 AM, Dan4reason wrote:

Actually you are sadly wrong for two reasons. First, it is 2013. Second, year 0 AD is a year too, so if we count that then there have actually been 2014 years.

LOL.
This post was written like 2 months ago, some one just bumped it up.
"Albert Einstein

Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 1:10:11 AM
At 1/22/2013 1:05:07 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

LOL.

Sorry about the mistake. However Devils advocate just gave me an argument that Christianity is wrong. If the world started when Jesus was born then Jesus is Adam. Since Adam sinned, then Jesus sinned, therefore Jesus is not God.
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 1:11:13 AM
At 1/22/2013 1:10:11 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 1/22/2013 1:05:07 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

LOL.

Sorry about the mistake. However Devils advocate just gave me an argument that Christianity is wrong. If the world started when Jesus was born then Jesus is Adam. Since Adam sinned, then Jesus sinned, therefore Jesus is not God.

Man I feel so smart right now.