Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Homosexuality is Caused by Straight Parents

Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:15:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree. My parents are straight. And out of all the gay people I know they all had straight parents as well.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:53:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!


Lol, well the only problem I see with this argument, is that fact that straight parents are also the #1 reason for straight people as well.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:54:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 2:53:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!


Lol, well the only problem I see with this argument, is that fact that straight parents are also the #1 reason for straight people as well.

And those straight children have kids they turn gay! A never-ending cycle.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:56:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 2:54:56 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:53:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!


Lol, well the only problem I see with this argument, is that fact that straight parents are also the #1 reason for straight people as well.

And those straight children have kids they turn gay! A never-ending cycle.


AHHH WHAT'LL WE DOOOO, ITLL NEVER STOPP!!!
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:49:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 2:56:12 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
AHHH WHAT'LL WE DOOOO, ITLL NEVER STOPP!!!

The culprit is bible Story book god -

Proof Col. 1:16 bible Story book
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 9:19:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gay parenting increases the likelyhood of children becoming gay, but its not to say straight parents are the cure to homosexuality.

And there are more straight people, so it makes sense more gay people are raised straight.

I'm undecided on the legality of same sex parenting, but here is sociologists Trayce Hansen's summary of the research:
http://www.drtraycehansen.com...

And legal professor George Dents summary:
http://legacy.avemarialaw.edu...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 10:07:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 9:35:42 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I predict that if we start shipping gay people to Iran and Uganda that the reported gay birth rate will drop very quickly. :)

Fixed.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 10:07:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 10:07:00 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/8/2012 9:35:42 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I predict that if we start shipping gay people to Iran and Uganda that the reported gay birth rate will drop very quickly. :)

Fixed.
emj32
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 10:10:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.nydailynews.com...

Basically, a national study provided that teens raised by lesbian parents had these results:

- Did better in school (Average GPA was A- to B+)
- Had strong family bonds and considered both their mothers as good role models
- Teens were comfortable telling their friends about their lesbian mothers
-Lesbian mothers were very engaged in parenting.

Overall, the teens concluded that

"The teens tell us that they have excellent grades, feel connected to their families and friends, and admire their parents"
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 10:33:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 10:10:12 PM, emj32 wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com...

Basically, a national study provided that teens raised by lesbian parents had these results:

- Did better in school (Average GPA was A- to B+)
- Had strong family bonds and considered both their mothers as good role models
- Teens were comfortable telling their friends about their lesbian mothers
-Lesbian mothers were very engaged in parenting.

Overall, the teens concluded that

"The teens tell us that they have excellent grades, feel connected to their families and friends, and admire their parents"

Let's test the theory: were the kids straight?
emj32
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 10:39:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 10:33:26 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/8/2012 10:10:12 PM, emj32 wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com...

Basically, a national study provided that teens raised by lesbian parents had these results:

- Did better in school (Average GPA was A- to B+)
- Had strong family bonds and considered both their mothers as good role models
- Teens were comfortable telling their friends about their lesbian mothers
-Lesbian mothers were very engaged in parenting.

Overall, the teens concluded that

"The teens tell us that they have excellent grades, feel connected to their families and friends, and admire their parents"

Let's test the theory: were the kids straight?

The report didn't say, but I'm pretty sure most of the teens were straight. What point are you trying to make by asking that question
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,766
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 11:13:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 9:19:28 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Gay parenting increases the likelyhood of children becoming gay, but its not to say straight parents are the cure to homosexuality.

Source?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 11:42:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!

Because homosexual can't have kids..

People choose their lives..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 11:46:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 11:42:40 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!

Because homosexual can't have kids..

People choose their lives..

Lots of homosexuals raise kids. Where do you think these studies are coming from?

Are you suggesting that having straight parents isn't connected with whether the child end up gay?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 11:56:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 11:46:52 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:42:40 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!

Because homosexual can't have kids..

People choose their lives..

Lots of homosexuals raise kids. Where do you think these studies are coming from?

Lots? Can you give me a percentage?

Are you suggesting that having straight parents isn't connected with whether the child end up gay?

We choose our lives; often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father for some real or imagined slight.. I've known a few and they usually have a very strong relationship with their mothers, which of course is not the way it should be, so yes in that sense, some straight parents influence their kids to rebel in this way..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
naturebeckles
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:31:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 2:53:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!


Lol, well the only problem I see with this argument, is that fact that straight parents are also the #1 reason for straight people as well.

That means its genetics. DERP DERP!!!
"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." Bruce Lee
naturebeckles
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:33:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 9:35:42 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I predict that if we start shipping gay people to Iran and Uganda that the gay birth rate will drop very quickly. :)

I predict that if we ship Evangelical and other extreme conservative Christians to Iran, the idiot birthrate will drop very quickly.
"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." Bruce Lee
naturebeckles
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:35:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 11:56:27 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:46:52 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:42:40 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!

Because homosexual can't have kids..

People choose their lives..

Lots of homosexuals raise kids. Where do you think these studies are coming from?

Lots? Can you give me a percentage?

Are you suggesting that having straight parents isn't connected with whether the child end up gay?

We choose our lives; often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father for some real or imagined slight.. I've known a few and they usually have a very strong relationship with their mothers, which of course is not the way it should be, so yes in that sense, some straight parents influence their kids to rebel in this way..

Homosexuality isn't chosen. It's genetics.
"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." Bruce Lee
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 1:52:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2012 11:35:29 AM, naturebeckles wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:56:27 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:46:52 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:42:40 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/8/2012 2:14:07 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've been thinking about the argument that we should be worried about same-sex parents because it may lead to their kids becoming more likely to be gay. Aside from whether this is something to worry about, an interested implication hit me.

We're focusing on the wrong problem.

If you take their reasoning, the #1 reason for gays in America is: straight parents.

Think about it. What percentage of gays grew up with straight parents? It would be an overwhelming majority, possibly above 95%.

Straight parents are turning our youth gay, and I want to know why!

Because homosexual can't have kids..

People choose their lives..

Lots of homosexuals raise kids. Where do you think these studies are coming from?

Lots? Can you give me a percentage?

Are you suggesting that having straight parents isn't connected with whether the child end up gay?

We choose our lives; often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father for some real or imagined slight.. I've known a few and they usually have a very strong relationship with their mothers, which of course is not the way it should be, so yes in that sense, some straight parents influence their kids to rebel in this way..

Homosexuality isn't chosen. It's genetics.

We are genetically prone to sin, yes (fallen) but the type of sin is chosen due to environmental circumstances.

The fact that many, through the power of the Holy Spirit, choose to escape this deception shows to be true.

Alternatively, the fact that many long term prisoners succumb to homosexual practices they would otherwise resist shows this to be true.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
iamnotwhoiam
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 2:03:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 11:56:27 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

We choose our lives; often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father for some real or imagined slight.. I've known a few and they usually have a very strong relationship with their mothers, which of course is not the way it should be, so yes in that sense, some straight parents influence their kids to rebel in this way..

Your connection with reality is tenuous.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 2:08:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2012 2:03:19 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:56:27 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

We choose our lives; often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father for some real or imagined slight.. I've known a few and they usually have a very strong relationship with their mothers, which of course is not the way it should be, so yes in that sense, some straight parents influence their kids to rebel in this way..

Your connection with reality is tenuous.

Calling me insane at least let's you escape debating my position, I guess..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:37:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2012 11:33:24 AM, naturebeckles wrote:
At 12/8/2012 9:35:42 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I predict that if we start shipping gay people to Iran and Uganda that the gay birth rate will drop very quickly. :)



I predict that if we ship Evangelical and other extreme conservative Christians to Iran, the idiot birthrate will drop very quickly.

And so far the prediction has shown to be incorrect.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
iamnotwhoiam
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:09:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2012 2:08:50 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 12/9/2012 2:03:19 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
At 12/8/2012 11:56:27 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

We choose our lives; often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father for some real or imagined slight.. I've known a few and they usually have a very strong relationship with their mothers, which of course is not the way it should be, so yes in that sense, some straight parents influence their kids to rebel in this way..

Your connection with reality is tenuous.

Calling me insane at least let's you escape debating my position, I guess..

Okay, lets formally debate the position that "often homosexuality will be chosen as vengeance against the father". A drunk squirrel could refute your nonsense.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:12:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/8/2012 9:19:28 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Gay parenting increases the likelyhood of children becoming gay, but its not to say straight parents are the cure to homosexuality.

I think having gay parents increases the likelihood of you coming out as gay or bisexual, not being bisexual or gay. Never take statistics at face value. Think about them.