Jump to topic:

hindus can you please answear these

ShaktiOwl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 11:39:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have a few questions dealing with the different sects especially.

!. hare krishnas,do you really believe women should be submissie
2. Do all vaishnavas belive as iskon does? -bides the krishna supreme thing
3. i heard saivism and shaktism are similar-can on practice both
4. can you worship another god outside your sect,even a non indian god
5. do shaktas really do animal scarifices
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 11:58:58 PM
If you were talking to someone who followed the devotional process of Hare Krisha from what I know they'd respond.

1. Submissive only to godhead in the exact way men are. Being a woman is a result of past kharma, but there is nothing separating your "pure soul" from the "pure soul" of a woman.
2. Vaishnavas all believe Krisha/Vishnu is the personality of godhead and supreme being which exists when all other beings (including demi-gods) disappear.
3. I've actually been curious on this one myself. Been asking around, but not sure. From the scripture, Shaivism is more about material gain or getting to a particular form of heaven isntead of liberation.
4. Sure, worship whatever god you wish. Just know that he is ultimately an illusion of the personality of godhead, as are Braha, Indra, and Shiva.
5. No more than Jews do OT animal sacrifices.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 12:01:12 AM
Also on women: if a man treats his wife in an irreligious manner or tries to force her into irreligious ways (i.e. sins, violence, rape, exploitation for material gain), it is her spiritual duty to leave or defy him.
ShaktiOwl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:08:41 AM
At 12/8/2012 11:58:58 PM, Wnope wrote:
If you were talking to someone who followed the devotional process of Hare Krisha from what I know they'd respond.

1. Submissive only to godhead in the exact way men are. Being a woman is a result of past kharma, but there is nothing separating your "pure soul" from the "pure soul" of a woman.
2. Vaishnavas all believe Krisha/Vishnu is the personality of godhead and supreme being which exists when all other beings (including demi-gods) disappear.
3. I've actually been curious on this one myself. Been asking around, but not sure. From the scripture, Shaivism is more about material gain or getting to a particular form of heaven isntead of liberation.
4. Sure, worship whatever god you wish. Just know that he is ultimately an illusion of the personality of godhead, as are Braha, Indra, and Shiva.
5. No more than Jews do OT animal sacrifices.

Ive heard actual iskcon people say women are naturally submissive. which of course is a load of bull Sh*t.

I'd love to know more about shaktism as I can hardly find a good explanation of it onine
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:10:52 PM
You won't find Hindus here. The only one I've ever encountered as a sort of auto-poster who go to forums and post mini-lectures from a swami and hope someone would engage him on that topic and only that topic.

I don't know about women being naturally more submissive, but I do think there's some stuff in the Srimad Bhagavatam about women having a harder time controlling their desire for sense gratification.

Interestingly, in one story, a king who is also a husband spends most of his time engaged with his wife and kids. The kids leave, and he is obsessed with the wife.

When it came time for death, instead of letting go of the material world, the king 's thoughts were not on Krishna but instead on the woman, so he was reborn as a beautiful woman.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:14:04 PM
As to Shaktism, good luck, cus it's REALLY confusing. Understanding the whole vishnu = krishna=brahama thingy is hard enough, but that group worships...see I don't even quite understand the concept well enough to explain it.

Basically, in vedic stories, the god's wifes keep being extensions of this mother, and the mother can basically wipe out all the demi-gods with a glance. She is more powerful than basically any figure yet her incarnations of demi-gods wives like the goddess of fortune.

If I understood it any better, I'd explain better. But I'm working on Viashnyu then if I can Shaivism, so they'll be last on my list.