Jump to topic:

Prayer Intention Thread

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 8:06:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For anyone that has a prayer intention for anything. This is a serious thread, so please no trolling.
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 8:36:00 PM
At 12/11/2012 8:14:07 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm not sure what this means.

for example, please pray for my grandpa who will die very soon.

then anyone who sees this can pray for them. I will do my best to pray for any legitimate prayer put on this thread.
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 8:38:24 PM
Christian theist or not, I very much appreciate this thread! It's a nobel idea thanks for making it.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 9:34:26 PM
If you would just pray for my mother's good health that would be great.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 9:34:39 PM
At 12/11/2012 8:38:24 PM, Apeiron wrote:
Christian theist or not, I very much appreciate this thread! It's a nobel idea thanks for making it.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 9:38:08 PM
At 12/11/2012 9:34:39 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

This thread & this reply has got to be the nicest thing on DDO ever.
It actually brought a tear to my eye.

Sigd.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 11:25:14 PM
At 12/11/2012 8:06:03 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
For anyone that has a prayer intention for anything. This is a serious thread, so please no trolling.

I was actually thinking about making a thread like this until you beat me to it. No hard feelings, good thread :)
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 12:51:13 AM

Please pray for my daughter who has a crippling case of shyness. I also suffer from shyness, and my life has been very difficult as a result. It breaks my heart seeing her have the same problems I have because I don't want her to suffer in life the way I have. Thank you.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:02:13 AM
At 12/11/2012 9:38:08 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 12/11/2012 9:34:39 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

This thread & this reply has got to be the nicest thing on DDO ever.
It actually brought a tear to my eye.

Sigd.

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you all like it. It seemed like this site needed one.I will try to pray for every new intention when I see it! God bless!
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:04:38 AM
At 12/12/2012 12:51:13 AM, philochristos wrote:

Please pray for my daughter who has a crippling case of shyness. I also suffer from shyness, and my life has been very difficult as a result. It breaks my heart seeing her have the same problems I have because I don't want her to suffer in life the way I have. Thank you.

I am very sorry for this to befall you. I know many sad people who suffer from this and I am truly sorry this had to happen to yourdaughter. I will pray for her and your family. God bless.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:21:47 AM
At 12/12/2012 1:04:38 AM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
I am very sorry for this to befall you. I know many sad people who suffer from this and I am truly sorry this had to happen to yourdaughter. I will pray for her and your family. God bless.

Thank you!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:32:17 AM

I'll send some prayers you and your daughters way tonight!
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:35:56 AM

Shyness=pride.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:40:01 AM
At 12/12/2012 1:32:17 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'll send some prayers you and your daughters way tonight!

Thank you.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:41:13 AM

I have suffered the same, so I will definitely pray for her.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:43:38 AM
At 12/12/2012 1:35:56 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
Shyness=pride.

Yes, that's part of it. It's also cowardice, narcissism, and maybe a little aspergers. But I think a lot of it is genetic. I had a rough childhood and assumed I was shy because it. My daughter has had things a lot better than I did, though, but she's no different than me. So apparently it wasn't the bad experiences that made me shy. I was genetically predisposed.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:44:03 AM
At 12/12/2012 1:41:13 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
I have suffered the same, so I will definitely pray for her.

Thank you!

Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:53:01 AM

You are amongst those doubters that in one breath ' claim ' your god(s) get everything right first time every time and everything is done by it/them for a positive loving purpose like, teaching lessons!

Then you whine and whinge and appeal for your god(s) to reverse its decisions because you don't trust it/them and don't believe it/they do what you first claimed it/they did?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:34:51 AM
At 12/12/2012 1:53:01 AM, Composer wrote:

You are amongst those doubters that in one breath ' claim ' your god(s) get everything right first time every time and everything is done by it/them for a positive loving purpose like, teaching lessons!

Then you whine and whinge and appeal for your god(s) to reverse its decisions because you don't trust it/them and don't believe it/they do what you first claimed it/they did?

Like having an anus on my chest, I wonder what it feels like to be so wack.

Ahem.

Shyness is super tough. Sick mothers are even tougher.

Stay strong. Blessings.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:39:16 AM
What exactly do you expect from posting this kind of thread in a community that's largely non-religious?

I hate it when people ask to NOT say something in thread. People will say whatever they want. If you want to limit the discourse, make a big Christian prayer group in a PM.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:41:37 AM
At 12/12/2012 3:39:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
What exactly do you expect from posting this kind of thread in a community that's largely non-religious?

I hate it when people ask to NOT say something in thread. People will say whatever they want. If you want to limit the discourse, make a big Christian prayer group in a PM.

I don't know, it seems to be working well so far.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:44:05 AM

So, you want to limit people who want to limit what people say? Isn't everyone at just as much liberty to give a conversation they start directives as they are to being a contrarian assshole?
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:52:06 AM

There are plenty of religious people on the site. + some atheists/agnostics might "give it a try, it can't hurt" kind of thing. & if you read the thread you'll see that people are responding.

Are you saying that there is something wrong with asking people not to spam up a thread?

This is a beautiful thread, those who like it keep it up, those who don't keep out.

& While I'm at it, I'll make a prayer request.
For truth & guidance in all matters, particularly in matters of religion, & what direction I should take in life (what I should do with my life).

Thanx.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:56:02 AM
At 12/12/2012 3:52:06 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

There are plenty of religious people on the site. + some atheists/agnostics might "give it a try, it can't hurt" kind of thing. & if you read the thread you'll see that people are responding.

Are you saying that there is something wrong with asking people not to spam up a thread?

This is a beautiful thread, those who like it keep it up, those who don't keep out.

& While I'm at it, I'll make a prayer request.
For truth & guidance in all matters, particularly in matters of religion, & what direction I should take in life (what I should do with my life).

Thanx.

There's nothing wrong with asking people not to spam. I'm just saying it seems like asking for trouble.

But now I'm derailing the thread. *exists, stage left*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 10:13:03 AM
Okay, excuse me for the corniness, but I find this to be quite touching and heartwarming. I am an atheist and I only see prayer as valuable insofar as it helps your emotions and thought processes (on a spiritual level, not like "pray for X and God will hear it and grant it). Still, I will share some things that I meditate on -- I guess you could say as far as a true atheist can come to prayer -- some struggles that I'm working and thinking hard to overcome. I've been having a lot of tough challenges with bipolar disorder or at least symptoms similar to it, and in general just trying to get my life on track so I can eventually move out of my dad's house and be self sufficient. If I were a praying man this is what I would be praying for -- that I could halt the effects of the disorder in its tracks in order to be able to succeed in school and I guess in life. In fact, when I'm alone and searching within myself to try to find a good path, it's almost exactly like the Jewish praying process of my youth, except most of the time the words are in my head and they are not the words of some ancient Rabbi, they are my own.

Thank you for creating this thread, it is very nice. I particularly wanted to contribute because I thought it would be nice for an atheist-agnostic such as myself to make a genuine contribution.

I can't honestly "pray" for the things some of you guys shared, but I can certainly think and reflect on them and sincerely hope for all the best
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 12:39:43 PM
At 12/12/2012 1:43:38 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 12/12/2012 1:35:56 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
Shyness=pride.

Yes, that's part of it. It's also cowardice, narcissism, and maybe a little aspergers. But I think a lot of it is genetic. I had a rough childhood and assumed I was shy because it. My daughter has had things a lot better than I did, though, but she's no different than me. So apparently it wasn't the bad experiences that made me shy. I was genetically predisposed.

If you ignore him he'll go away- he's a troll.
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 12:41:29 PM

It's in good taste when someone requests that the trolling be limited. And it's legitimate.