Jump to topic:

Human Condition

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 11:51:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Makes no sense. Nothing, including evil, the human condition, etc, would be possible without the Creator making it so; this all assuming the Judeo-Christian worldview. But they cannot admit this because then it would make God complicit in sin.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 11:54:28 AM
i watched it. my explanation takes into consideration both our great miseries and aspirations towards glory and would make true kings of us. way better explanation than beg forgiveness and go to heaven. there's no kingship there.
signature
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:08:53 PM
At 12/14/2012 11:46:28 AM, badger wrote:
I am God.

What were you thinking when you made the avacado pit so damn big?

And what's with that duck billed platypus, were you drunk or something?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:20:51 PM
At 12/14/2012 11:51:03 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Makes no sense. Nothing, including evil, the human condition, etc, would be possible without the Creator making it so; this all assuming the Judeo-Christian worldview. But they cannot admit this because then it would make God complicit in sin.

So a prime mover caused other prime movers to move their selves into sin? ... That's about as coherent as What his face saying he can create a better world than what we've got now.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:33:40 PM
consciousness is our puzzle. if you would solve it for good, and were short of any other route to take, would a reasonable step not be to do good with it and see where that gets you?

christianity is a cop out. that whole jesus died for your sins bollox...
signature
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:56:42 PM
At 12/14/2012 12:33:40 PM, badger wrote:
consciousness is our puzzle. if you would solve it for good, and were short of any other route to take, would a reasonable step not be to do good with it and see where that gets you?

drunk guy across the internet says that the most influential man that changed the face of the planet in nearly a few hundred years up until today is a cop out....

Do we believe him DDO?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:14:05 PM
At 12/14/2012 12:56:42 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 12/14/2012 12:33:40 PM, badger wrote:

drunk guy across the internet says that the most influential man that changed the face of the planet in nearly a few hundred years up until today is a cop out....

Do we believe him DDO?

what's the drink got to do with anything? that's another cop out. and not even just a cop out, but an incredibly bad one. the blood of christ is fvcking wine.

I am God.

in that there explanation i posted for you, i refuted the problem of evil. there's no other refutation. PL summed up the errors of yours rather succinctly.

again: consciousness is our puzzle. if you would solve it for good, and were short of any other route to take, would a reasonable step not be to do good with it and see where that gets you?
signature
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 10:07:22 AM
At 12/14/2012 11:06:09 AM, Apeiron wrote:
Is the best explanation of the human condition Christianity?

http://www.youtube.com...

No, Christianity is the answer to the fallen human condition.

Romans 7 is probably the best explanation; 'that which I wish to do, I do not do and that which I wish not to do, I do, oh wretched man that I am!'
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)