Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Masturbation: To Sin or Not to Sin?

elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:14:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Bible says about masturbation:
Is it a sin to masturbate or not?Many religious denominations condemn masturbation in whatever manner it is done.In the present Jewish religion, a rabbi has this to say:
"Kabbalah is very explicit about the negative spiritual side-effects of masturbation. The idea is as follows: Your seed is the material by which you procreate; it is the genetic material within you that allows you the opportunity to partner with G-d.When we let human seed go to waste, we squander G-d"s sacred and divine potential"
(http://www.askmoses.com...)
Sin is defined in the Bible as transgression of the law.
(1 John 3:4)"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
Everything unrighteous is a sin.
(1 John 5:17)"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."
It is a known fact and scientifically accepted that every normal human person experiences occasional lust of the flesh.Even the apostles of Christ testify to this.
(James 1:14)"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed."
Sexual urges in humans is but as natural as experiencing hunger, thirst, tiredness, etc.It is one of the most important processes in the human body.This feeling is moderated by God"s laws and statutes among His people, like the Israelites, because this is God"s instrument in the process of procreation.The Lord killed Onan when he did not obey God"s law to raise seed for his brother who died, and spilled it on the ground.
(Genesis 38:8-10) "And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother"s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother"s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also."
Onan did not masturbate, as others claim.He lied with his brother"s wife to enjoy the pleasure of sex, but at the point of orgasm, he spilled it to the ground in utter defiance of God"s commandment.So, he was condemned to death.
Frankly speaking, most men (and women), if not all, masturbate " especially those without sexual partners.Even those with sexual partners, like husbands and wife do masturbate also, when situations do not allow them to have sexual intercourse; like when a woman is with her "monthly visit" or pregnant and about to deliver her baby.In a clinic, a man is required by a doctor to masturbate when having a physical check up and evaluation in his capacity to bear children.
In the Biblical sense of righteousness, these situations can not be considered as sin.If a married man or woman, a bachelor, or a spinster, do masturbate to refrain from doing evil or infidelity to his or her partner, are you going to consider it a sin?
(1 Corinthians 7:29; 31)"But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none""
""And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away."
Scientifically, there is also evil in too much indulgence in everything we do to our body.Overindulgence in eating, drinking, etc. will cause us to sin and scientifically will eventually cause diseases in our bodies (http://www.uspharmacist.com....)
Gluttony is being condemned by the Bible.
(Proverbs 23:20)"Be not among winebibbers, or among gluttonous eaters of meat""RSV
Overindulgence in masturbation poses psychological and physiological imbalances.(http://www.herballove.com...)
Scientifically, there are benefits of regular, and not overindulging,in masturbation.In recent study, researchers say that They found those who had ejaculated the most between the ages of 20 and 50 were the least likely to develop the cancer.They say that men who ejaculated more than five times a week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer later in life. (http://news.bbc.co.uk...)
I do not recommend masturbation to anybody, neither do I encourage anybody to make it a scapegoat of their immoral sexual addictions, but I will not judge nor condemn anybody that because of force of circumstances, and not with evil mind, is doing the act.God judges according to the intents of the heart!
(Jeremiah 17:9-10)"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?I the LORD search the heart,I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways,and according to the fruit of his doings."
Sins committed by a Christian due to the "weakness" of his flesh is pardonable under God"s mercy.
(Galatians 6:1)"Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."
It is better to marry than to be burned.
(1 Corinthians 7:9)"But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion." RSV
May the Lord teach your heart of the proper things to do through His words in the Bible.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:29:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:25:26 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
There's Probably No God So Stop Worrying and Have a Wank.

There a God many proof that God is exist. You only think there is no God coz you escape from the law of God
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:31:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sin.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:34:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:29:34 PM, elisur wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:25:26 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
There's Probably No God So Stop Worrying and Have a Wank.

You only think there is no God coz you escape from the law of God

The things you say. They make no sense.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:37:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thus saith the Lord, every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm is wasted, I get quite Irate.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:39:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:29:34 PM, elisur wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:25:26 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
There's Probably No God So Stop Worrying and Have a Wank.

There a God many proof that God is exist. You only think there is no God coz you escape from the law of God

Care to debate about the existence of God, elisur?
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
iamnotwhoiam
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:42:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:29:34 PM, elisur wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:25:26 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
There's Probably No God So Stop Worrying and Have a Wank.

There a God many proof that God is exist. You only think there is no God coz you escape from the law of God

There's no proof that God exists.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:43:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:42:00 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:29:34 PM, elisur wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:25:26 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
There's Probably No God So Stop Worrying and Have a Wank.

There a God many proof that God is exist. You only think there is no God coz you escape from the law of God

There's no proof that God exists.

1) If sperm is sacred then God exists
2) Sperm is sacred
C) Therefore God exists

Check and mate.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:45:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:37:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Thus saith the Lord, every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm is wasted, I get quite Irate.



Not all brother coz bible says
2 Peter 2:12
But these, as creatures without reason, born mere animals to be taken and destroyed, railing in matters whereof they are ignorant, shall in their destroying surely be destroyed,
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:55:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
you have clearly thought this through more than most probably ever do on the subject.

There was a widely quoted verse by some to say it is a sin for a long time 'better to let your seed fall into the belly of a halot than onto the ground" but the truth is thats actually not in the bible. so as a joke many like to say thats from the 'book of Hezikaih". it sounds like a bible verse, but its not.

and I see you already mentioned the Genesis story with Judah's sons. that's theorized to be where the misconception (that pun is on accident) came from, people misquoting that passage, but like you said he was punished for failing to fulfill his duty to Tamar to give her a child in place of his late brother.

but you know abortion is not strictly said in the bible to be a sin either cause its not spoken of, its an extension of knowing its murder we say its a sin.

so similar extensions with Lust, whatever the limits are of the kind of Lust you call a sin is, if masturbation qualifies as that, than you would have to look at it as sin.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 1:03:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:55:23 PM, Marauder wrote:
you have clearly thought this through more than most probably ever do on the subject.

There was a widely quoted verse by some to say it is a sin for a long time 'better to let your seed fall into the belly of a halot than onto the ground" but the truth is thats actually not in the bible. so as a joke many like to say thats from the 'book of Hezikaih". it sounds like a bible verse, but its not.

and I see you already mentioned the Genesis story with Judah's sons. that's theorized to be where the misconception (that pun is on accident) came from, people misquoting that passage, but like you said he was punished for failing to fulfill his duty to Tamar to give her a child in place of his late brother.

but you know abortion is not strictly said in the bible to be a sin either cause its not spoken of, its an extension of knowing its murder we say its a sin.

Proverbs 6:16 There are six things which the Lord hates, seven which are an abomination to him:
Proverbs 6:17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

so similar extensions with Lust, whatever the limits are of the kind of Lust you call a sin is, if masturbation qualifies as that, than you would have to look at it as sin.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 4:34:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:39:28 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:29:34 PM, elisur wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:25:26 PM, iamnotwhoiam wrote:
There's Probably No God So Stop Worrying and Have a Wank.

There a God many proof that God is exist. You only think there is no God coz you escape from the law of God

Care to debate about the existence of God, elisur?

yes
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:44:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why is religion so much like a test?

God makes me horny by creating the psychical system that I am comprise of, but it is up to me to deny the reality of physicality of the body and not take care of that physical release.

Priests give a vow of celibacy including no masturbation and try as they might most can't even accomplish that.

Also, if the reason why masturbation is because the kajillion of sperm that a man produces is sacred, then why are women not allowed to masturbate? They don't waste anything to have an orgasm.

Lastly, should it not be a sacred duty of a woman to try to use every egg that is released to try to get it fertilized and implanted. Not making an attempt to use an sacred egg should be a great sin. How exactly can a church recommend the rhythm method when it intentionally wastes sacred eggs? Yet, co-masterbation between wife and husband as a means of birth control is not recommended because it wastes sacred sperm. wtf?

Time to throw off the yoke of oppression and ignorance.
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 10:00:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 8:04:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
Kleenex: The Sin Catcher.
Laughing out Loud! Actually, more like Rolling on floor laughing out loud. In fact, it would be much more accurate to say, now that I think about it, that I'm rolling on the floor laughing my fvcking @ss off out loud.

LOLROLOLFROFLMFAOOL
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 3:45:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:37:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Thus saith the Lord, every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm is wasted, I get quite Irate.



Does God want us to increase the chances of getting prostate cancer by refusing to masturbate? Or does he just want us to have premarital sex at a young age to get our rocks off?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 4:33:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 3:45:09 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:37:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Thus saith the Lord, every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm is wasted, I get quite Irate.



Does God want us to increase the chances of getting prostate cancer by refusing to masturbate? Or does he just want us to have premarital sex at a young age to get our rocks off?

premarital sex is againts God
1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote. It is well for a man not to touch a woman.
1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 6:14:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:44:35 AM, slo1 wrote:
Why is religion so much like a test?

God makes me horny by creating the psychical system that I am comprise of, but it is up to me to deny the reality of physicality of the body and not take care of that physical release.

Oh I know, the last thing people need to have is self control. How dare God!!!!

Priests give a vow of celibacy including no masturbation and try as they might most can't even accomplish that.


Also, if the reason why masturbation is because the kajillion of sperm that a man produces is sacred, then why are women not allowed to masturbate? They don't waste anything to have an orgasm.

I don't think the cells are sacred.

Lastly, should it not be a sacred duty of a woman to try to use every egg that is released to try to get it fertilized and implanted. Not making an attempt to use an sacred egg should be a great sin. How exactly can a church recommend the rhythm method when it intentionally wastes sacred eggs? Yet, co-masterbation between wife and husband as a means of birth control is not recommended because it wastes sacred sperm. wtf?

Sex if for a married couple to become one flesh and to produce offspring. It is for both, at the same time, not separate. Refrain from the joy and pleasure during fertile times exercises self control and may prevent an unwanted pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with trying to conceive when the time is best.


Time to throw off the yoke of oppression and ignorance.

Oh I know, imagine what this world would be like if everyone learned self control. Wow, that would just suck.

Sounds like it's time to throw off that stupid stuff. Let's all get aids, have dozens of abortions, buy stuff on credit when we can't afford it and do whatever the hell we want. What a great place that would be.........oh wait......

Ah never mind, the government will save us.
.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
PhatnomRegiment7
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 8:23:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's a sin, but not a sin. Sex is a sacred thing in the Catholic church, but then again, sexual satisfaction is always needed, even if it means you have to sin just a little. Plus, who ever said masturbating is bad? ;)
I agree to disagree, bitch. - my dad.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 8:43:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:44:35 AM, slo1 wrote:
Why is religion so much like a test?

God makes me horny by creating the psychical system that I am comprise of, but it is up to me to deny the reality of physicality of the body and not take care of that physical release.

Priests give a vow of celibacy including no masturbation and try as they might most can't even accomplish that.

Also, if the reason why masturbation is because the kajillion of sperm that a man produces is sacred, then why are women not allowed to masturbate? They don't waste anything to have an orgasm.

Lastly, should it not be a sacred duty of a woman to try to use every egg that is released to try to get it fertilized and implanted. Not making an attempt to use an sacred egg should be a great sin. How exactly can a church recommend the rhythm method when it intentionally wastes sacred eggs? Yet, co-masterbation between wife and husband as a means of birth control is not recommended because it wastes sacred sperm. wtf?

Time to throw off the yoke of oppression and ignorance.

I just sprayed my yoke all over the place.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 9:00:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 9:31:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
Sin.

Ohhhh, suki-suki, Ory! I love starting the day off with something hot. ^_^
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 9:02:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is nothing anywhere in the Bible that says anything about masturbation. This is because the Bible isn't a book that tells you who you are and what to do. It is, instead, a book that establishes guidelines for how you should interact with other people. Things that are entirely solitary, such as picking your nose, scratching your asss, biting your nails, talking to yourself, and masturbation, are entirely excluded from the Bible, to my knowledge.
AndyB1
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 11:09:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is no reason to appeal towards the bible. Seeing as there is no evidence for pretty much all of its claims why would you take such writing seriously? You are giving too much credibility to something which is not a credible source of proper information.
ironclad
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 10:37:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
ive dealt with this question for many years, i'd like to share my opinion and not use this as a medium to discuss the existence of god

I know that many christian s look at this is different ways either that
(1) nothing says in the bible its wrong
(2) don't lust and you're good to go (anyone whom looks at a woman with lust in their eyes commits adultery Matt 5:28)
(3) its dead wrong and god hates you if you do it
(4) genesis explains how it might be wrong, and if you do it youll go to purgatory not hell say some shallow impersonal prayer and you're good to go

What i know is that
-I am a man i have a penis and i have masturbated
-it hurts my wife and makes it her feel like she isn't good enough for me
-it takes no courage to masturbate it takes courage not to and if i am called to be a man than i for one will have to stand up for whats right for my family
-i believe in staying far away from the things that will hurt me and my family (flee from the very appearance of evil)
-my children will see a father that stands up for the things that are hard to stand up for, i will lead my family with love honesty and integrity and i will not be two-faced to full fill a selfish desire
-im going to stay in shape and have frequent doctor visits so i dont get prostate cancer, just like im gonna work out to avoid heart disease even though the bible didnt tell me to go to the gym 3 times a week, and it could be considered a place of demonic worship since people call it "praying to the iron gods"

essentially i will not get caught up in what people christian and non christian say is "ok" i will not play games of minimum integrity to get by when it comes to my family

you can take what stance you wish but this is the stance i am taking for my family for the emotional well being of my wife and the view my children will have of me as their father, a man who like any leader must hold himself to a higher standard (as for me and my house we shall serve the lord)
silverxseed
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 11:20:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I really see nothing wrong with it, it harms absolutely no one. Do what you want as long as it harms no one, I won't judge and neither should others
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 11:52:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://sexinchrist.com...
http://www.sexinchrist.com...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA