Jump to topic:

Antitheism is the key

Antitheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 5:50:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am looking for someone to debate but also how do I start the debate. I am use to writing essays, seminar but not arguing with some one on one. I am nearly 15 by the way so sorry if I act stupid but don't underestimate me. I started off as a atheist but as I read more arguments the Koran etc I became more opposed to religion and saw it as detrimental to be criticized otherwise people will continue to follow it blindly and it will continue with its message of hate etc.
"Religion poisons everything"- Christopher Hitchens
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 5:52:54 PM
At 12/21/2012 5:50:51 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I am looking for someone to debate but also how do I start the debate. I am use to writing essays, seminar but not arguing with some one on one. I am nearly 15 by the way so sorry if I act stupid but don't underestimate me. I started off as a atheist but as I read more arguments the Koran etc I became more opposed to religion and saw it as detrimental to be criticized otherwise people will continue to follow it blindly and it will continue with its message of hate etc.

Hmm...I'll debate this. I'll challenge you. What should the resolution be? What would we be arguing over?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 6:18:13 PM
Just don't make the resolution "antitheism is the key". Otherwise you might learn fast a little thing called semantics.

Also, I'll debate you if you want.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 7:16:47 PM

Well, you certainly write better than a lot of people on this site who are older than you, so you've got that going for you.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 10:53:32 PM
At 12/21/2012 7:16:47 PM, philochristos wrote:

Well, you certainly write better than a lot of people on this site who are older than you, so you've got that going for you.

If this was a reference to His Holiness St. Dogknox, you should probably begin praying.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.