Total Posts:238|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islam is not a religion of peace

Antitheist
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick. I think they are cherry picking. What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?
"Religion poisons everything"- Christopher Hitchens
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 3:29:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick. I think they are cherry picking. What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?

Response: Islam is clearly a religion of peace, supported by your inability to quote and prove otherwise from the Qur'an and/or Sunnah.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 4:21:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If Islam is not a religion of peace, then neither is any Abrahamic religion, as they all draw on largely the same mythos with slight variations.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 4:46:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Islam is NOT a religion of Peace!

e.g. - http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...

&

Islam is NOT a religion of Peace: - http://www.answering-islam.org...

&

Islam is NOT a religion of Peace: - http://www.americanthinker.com...

&

Islam is NOT a religion of Peace: - http://www.cbn.com...

&

Islam is NOT a religion of Peace: - http://www.freerepublic.com...

&

Islam is NOT a religion of Peace: - http://www.blackfive.net...

&

A simple ' Google ' Search, reveals more proofs!
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 5:01:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Islam comes from the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah, not Google, thus proving that Islam is a religion of Peace.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:49:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I stopped looking at the content of the message being killed over when I saw that Buddhists were helping to fight a war in Sri Lanka. Basically, everyone fights over everything.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 9:53:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick. I think they are cherry picking. What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?

If Islam is a religion of peace or not depends greatly on what you mean by "Islam is a religion of peace". If by "Islam is a religion of peace" you mean that Islam always preaches peace and never violence, then it is definitely wrong to say that Islam is a religion of peace. I have seen - and are still seeing - several Muslims claiming that Islam is a 100% religion of peace, but these Muslims have apparently no idea of what they are talking about. The truth is that Islam preaches violence several times. This fact can easily be confirmed by simply just reading the Quran and the authentic hadiths. All the violence which Islam preaches, however, is completely justified.

If you think that I'm just talking nonsense in regard to Islam's preaching of violence being justified, then you really should send me a debate challenge with the resolution "Islam preaches unjustified violence". You will be Pro and I Con, of course. Make it 3 or 4 rounds, 72 hours in which you can post your response, 8,000 characters, and 1 week of voting period.
TanusBarbarus
Posts: 124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:37:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 9:53:24 AM, Clash wrote:
At 12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick. I think they are cherry picking. What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?

If Islam is a religion of peace or not depends greatly on what you mean by "Islam is a religion of peace". If by "Islam is a religion of peace" you mean that Islam always preaches peace and never violence, then it is definitely wrong to say that Islam is a religion of peace. I have seen - and are still seeing - several Muslims claiming that Islam is a 100% religion of peace, but these Muslims have apparently no idea of what they are talking about. The truth is that Islam preaches violence several times. This fact can easily be confirmed by simply just reading the Quran and the authentic hadiths. All the violence which Islam preaches, however, is completely justified.

If you think that I'm just talking nonsense in regard to Islam's preaching of violence being justified, then you really should send me a debate challenge with the resolution "Islam preaches unjustified violence". You will be Pro and I Con, of course. Make it 3 or 4 rounds, 72 hours in which you can post your response, 8,000 characters, and 1 week of voting period.

Justified by whom? By which set of beliefs do you intend to justify this violence? It is clear that Islam teaches that those who impede the spread of Islam are deserving of death (Qur'an 5:33 to name just one). So are you intending to argue that according to ISLAMIC VALUES violence is justified? If so, you can just join the ranks of OBL, Muhammad Atta, and the world of murderous thugs who wrap their barbarity in the cloak of religion so as to assuage their conscience and convince themselves that they are better than the beasts they are. If that is your intention, keep your 'challange' to yourself.
If, however, you think you can prove that violence in Islam is justified by modern mores of human rights and accepted secular law, than I am afraid you are in for an uphill battle. A losing one, in fact.
Nowhere in the civilized world today is it considered justified to murder someone for speaking their mind against a "Prophet". Only in Islam, and other stone age holdouts, is it acceptable to kill someone for such things.
With this one example, your argument fails. So why would anyone who knew anything waste their time debating you?
Or am I mistaken? Please enlighten me.
Maintaining the illusion of consciousness since 1969...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 2:52:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick.
Cherry pick: to select the best or most desirable; to select the best or most desirable http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Considering how we Muslims take the Quran as one hundred percent verbatim word of God, the cherry picking seems kind of non-existent, my good friend. In fact, I'll quote any Quranic verse anytime and feel great about it!

I think they are cherry picking.
No Ma'am. We enjoy all the cherries on the tree.

What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?
We do urge defense to the last drop for the sake of our religion and innocent people, but we for sure are not doing right in committing terrorism in the name of our religion. Examples... Well, Bin Laden and his bombings, Taliban and their treatment of people, and so on.

But if by "violent" you mean we are supposed to violently defend ourselves in case some weaklings attack us with brutal force -- then yes we are. All non-pacifists are.

Make sure you have a nice day though.
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 3:19:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:37:50 PM, TanusBarbarus wrote:

It is clear that Islam teaches that those who impede the spread of Islam are deserving of death (Qur'an 5:33 to name just one).

The only thing which is clear here is that you have no idea of what you're talking about. Verse 5:33 of the Quran is simply just saying that those who first wage war against Allah (God), his messenger, and strive to cause corruption upon the earth are to be killed. I would say that this is completely justified. Read the verse before you post it.

So are you intending to argue that according to ISLAMIC VALUES violence is justified?

No. I have not yet decided how "Justified" would be defined, but I'm definitely not going to argue that Islam's preaching of violence is justified only according to Islamic values.

If so, you can just join the ranks of OBL, Muhammad Atta, and the world of murderous thugs who wrap their barbarity in the cloak of religion so as to assuage their conscience and convince themselves that they are better than the beasts they are. If that is your intention, keep your 'challange' to yourself.

And you can join the ranks of "Nonsense". By the way, it's "Challenge", not "challange". Have you ever considered taking some courses on how to spell words correctly?

If, however, you think you can prove that violence in Islam is justified by modern mores of human rights and accepted secular law, than I am afraid you are in for an uphill battle. A losing one, in fact.

Are you assuming that a religion and its preaching of violence can only be justified by modern mores of human rights and accepted secular law? If you are, then I'm afraid that I have to laugh.

Nowhere in the civilized world today is it considered justified to murder someone for speaking their mind against a "Prophet". Only in Islam, and other stone age holdouts, is it acceptable to kill someone for such things.

First of all, even if we grant that it isn't justified in the civilized world today to murder someone for speaking their mind against a prophet, that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't actually justified. Secondly, nowhere does Islam say that someone should be killed for speaking their mind against a prophet.

With this one example, your argument fails. So why would anyone who knew anything waste their time debating you?

Since you have not in any way showed that my argument "fails". By the way, did I give any arguments in my previous post? I don't think so.

Or am I mistaken? Please enlighten me.

Yes, you are surely mistaken.
Antitheist
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:35:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 4:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
If Islam is not a religion of peace, then neither is any Abrahamic religion, as they all draw on largely the same mythos with slight variations.

Yes I agree.
"Religion poisons everything"- Christopher Hitchens
Antitheist
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:39:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 5:01:02 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Islam comes from the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah, not Google, thus proving that Islam is a religion of Peace.

Sure about that?
"And fight them until persecution is no more and religion is for Allah." (2:193) So no don't stop killing people after they stop bullying you, keeping fighting until they kow-tow to Islam.
"Religion poisons everything"- Christopher Hitchens
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 10:43:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 6:39:29 PM, Antitheist wrote:


Sure about that?
"And fight them until persecution is no more and religion is for Allah." (2:193) So no don't stop killing people after they stop bullying you, keeping fighting until they kow-tow to Islam.

Response: Verse 2:190 says:

"And Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress. Surely, Allah loves not the transgressors."

So the very context of verse 2:193 claerly shows that the verse refers to self-defense against those who attack you. Since it is self-defense, then that proves that islam is a religion of peace. Thanks for the assistance.
Antitheist
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 11:06:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 10:43:08 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/24/2012 6:39:29 PM, Antitheist wrote:


Sure about that?
"And fight them until persecution is no more and religion is for Allah." (2:193) So no don't stop killing people after they stop bullying you, keeping fighting until they kow-tow to Islam.

Response: Verse 2:190 says:

"And Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress. Surely, Allah loves not the transgressors."

So the very context of verse 2:193 claerly shows that the verse refers to self-defense against those who attack you. Since it is self-defense, then that proves that islam is a religion of peace. Thanks for the assistance.

No that isn't self defense that's forcing your religion on someone You purposely ignore the part that says to fight until your enemies become Muslims. That's not self defense and that's certainly not peace. Islam is submission to God, that is what it literally means.
"Religion poisons everything"- Christopher Hitchens
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:29:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 11:06:18 PM, Antitheist wrote:

No that isn't self defense that's forcing your religion on someone You purposely ignore the part that says to fight until your enemies become Muslims. That's not self defense and that's certainly not peace. Islam is submission to God, that is what it literally means.

Response:Yet no where in the entire verse does it say to fight until they become muslims, and the verse before it clearly says to fight those who fight you. And when we consider the fact that verse 8:61 forbids muslims to fight those who incline to peace and verse 2:256 says that there is no compulsion in religion then we see further context that proves that fighting is in self-defense, thus proving islam is a religion of peace. Debunked as usual.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 12:58:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 3:29:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick. I think they are cherry picking. What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?

Response: Islam is clearly a religion of peace, supported by your inability to quote and prove otherwise from the Qur'an and/or Sunnah.

He wasn't discussing the Koran - he was discussing Islam and Muslims - I can testify that wherever I have seen the growth of Muslim communities in many parts of Britain I have also seen that Islam is divisive, it causes division and is inflexible and unrelenting - expecting even insisting that the host culture adapt to it, adapt to the needs of Muslims, desist from anything that might insult Muslims even if we may have been doing such things for centuries.

The growth of any alien cult that seeks to undermine and disrespect the culture of a host country is a threat.

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 1:00:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 5:01:02 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Islam comes from the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah, not Google, thus proving that Islam is a religion of Peace.

It doesn't matter where the "teachings" come from - wherever Islam grows non-Muslims suffer, their society is forced to adapt and restrictions are placed upon them.

If I were to draw a picture of Mohamed and walk around Birmingham in the UK visibly portraying this - I would be attacked, hurt possibly killed - that is not peace.

Harry.
Amica
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 4:50:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/23/2012 3:03:38 PM, Antitheist wrote:
I wonder if the Muslims I speak to are lying through their teeth to make non-Muslims comfortable or see Islam in a positive light or they just cherry pick. I think they are cherry picking. What does everyone else think? Islam a religion of peace as people claim or utter bulls**t?

Islam as the name of the faith does not mean "peace." Its meaning is in reference to a believer's complete submission to the Will of God. Someone already mentioned, and I will restate: Islam encourages its followers to seek peace first and only use violent means as a last resort, as an answer to a violence:

"To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged; and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid; (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right, (for no cause) except that they say, "Our Lord is Allah."" (22:39-40)

As soon as an enemy seeks a peace treaty and respect the agreement, Muslims are not justified to attack the opposing side:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou incline towards peace."
-- Qur'an; 8:61

Muslims cannot use violence against those who are not attacking or oppressing them:

"Allah does not forbid you to be kind and equitable to those who have neither fought against your faith nor driven you out of your homes. In fact Allah loves the equitable." Qur'an 60:8
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 7:18:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 12:58:46 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

He wasn't discussing the Koran - he was discussing Islam and Muslims - I can testify that wherever I have seen the growth of Muslim communities in many parts of Britain I have also seen that Islam is divisive, it causes division and is inflexible and unrelenting - expecting even insisting that the host culture adapt to it, adapt to the needs of Muslims, desist from anything that might insult Muslims even if we may have been doing such things for centuries.

The growth of any alien cult that seeks to undermine and disrespect the culture of a host country is a threat.

Harry.

Response: He asked if islam is a religion of peace. And as I stated, islam is clearly a religion of peace, supported by your inability to show otherwise from the Qur'an or Sunnah.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 7:21:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 1:00:58 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:


It doesn't matter where the "teachings" come from - wherever Islam grows non-Muslims suffer, their society is forced to adapt and restrictions are placed upon them.

If I were to draw a picture of Mohamed and walk around Birmingham in the UK visibly portraying this - I would be attacked, hurt possibly killed - that is not peace.

Harry.

Response: It does matter where the teachings come from, since the religion of islam is based on it's teachings. And since nothing in the Qur'an or Sunnah goes against peace, then islam is clearly a religion of peace. So your point is pointless.
TanusBarbarus
Posts: 124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 8:21:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 7:21:16 PM, Fatihah wrote:


Response: It does matter where the teachings come from, since the religion of islam is based on it's teachings.


You're an idiot fatihah. It doesn't matter if I google a verse from the Qur'an, or get it from Islamic Dawah forums, or my own copy of the Qur'an, or Wikiislam, or the religionofpeace.org, or my Bukhari app on my iPhone - all of them use ISLAMIC TEXTS THAT ARE ACCEPTED BY MUSLIMS AS THEIR PRIMARY SOURCE. A verse quoted directly from the Qur'an, Talmud or Bible is the same in book form as it is online, or on ancient parchments. For you dumba**es to say that because someone found a quote from the Qur'an, Sunnah, Sirah or Hadith online, that it can't be used in an argument is about the worst form of lazy argumentation imaginable. IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE VERSE QUOTED IS NOT ACCURATE IN IT'S TRANSLATION, GO FOR IT. Otherwise, shut up when we use your own 'holy scriptures' against you if all you can do is question where we found them.
The scriptures of Islam are all that I need to show your sham religion for what it is. Your "prophet" Muhammad did a shi**ty enough job making up this religion, that it is all to easy to show it as the stone age nonsense it is.
Your arguments are a joke. You are a joke.
Debunked as usual.
...by a Kaffir, no less.
Now, go ahead and copy and paste the classic, moronic fatihah response. We could all do it for you by now, whereas you couldn't come close to the verbal skills that I am able to wield. You are outclassed on this forum that your only responses are inane rantings and denial of clear evidence.
Between you and the punk Mirza who thinks he wins arguments by calling people "ma'am", you both are doing a knock up job of representing the good parts of your faith. Keep up the good work.
You have always been my greatest ally in any argument.

And since nothing in the Qur'an or Sunnah goes against peace, then islam is clearly a religion of peace. So your point is pointless.
Maintaining the illusion of consciousness since 1969...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 8:31:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 8:21:46 PM, TanusBarbarus wrote:



You're an idiot fatihah. It doesn't matter if I google a verse from the Qur'an, or get it from Islamic Dawah forums, or my own copy of the Qur'an, or Wikiislam, or the religionofpeace.org, or my Bukhari app on my iPhone - all of them use ISLAMIC TEXTS THAT ARE ACCEPTED BY MUSLIMS AS THEIR PRIMARY SOURCE. A verse quoted directly from the Qur'an, Talmud or Bible is the same in book form as it is online, or on ancient parchments. For you dumba**es to say that because someone found a quote from the Qur'an, Sunnah, Sirah or Hadith online, that it can't be used in an argument is about the worst form of lazy argumentation imaginable. IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE VERSE QUOTED IS NOT ACCURATE IN IT'S TRANSLATION, GO FOR IT. Otherwise, shut up when we use your own 'holy scriptures' against you if all you can do is question where we found them.
The scriptures of Islam are all that I need to show your sham religion for what it is. Your "prophet" Muhammad did a shi**ty enough job making up this religion, that it is all to easy to show it as the stone age nonsense it is.
Your arguments are a joke. You are a joke.
Debunked as usual.
...by a Kaffir, no less.
Now, go ahead and copy and paste the classic, moronic fatihah response. We could all do it for you by now, whereas you couldn't come close to the verbal skills that I am able to wield. You are outclassed on this forum that your only responses are inane rantings and denial of clear evidence.
Between you and the punk Mirza who thinks he wins arguments by calling people "ma'am", you both are doing a knock up job of representing the good parts of your faith. Keep up the good work.
You have always been my greatest ally in any argument.

And since nothing in the Qur'an or Sunnah goes against peace, then islam is clearly a religion of peace. So your point is pointless.

Response: In other words, you can't show anything from the Qur'an or Sunnah that is against peace, thus supporting the fact that islam is a religion of peace. Thanks for the clarification.
TanusBarbarus
Posts: 124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 9:23:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 8:31:44 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/26/2012 8:21:46 PM, TanusBarbarus wrote:



You're an idiot fatihah. It doesn't matter if I google a verse from the Qur'an, or get it from Islamic Dawah forums, or my own copy of the Qur'an, or Wikiislam, or the religionofpeace.org, or my Bukhari app on my iPhone - all of them use ISLAMIC TEXTS THAT ARE ACCEPTED BY MUSLIMS AS THEIR PRIMARY SOURCE. A verse quoted directly from the Qur'an, Talmud or Bible is the same in book form as it is online, or on ancient parchments. For you dumba**es to say that because someone found a quote from the Qur'an, Sunnah, Sirah or Hadith online, that it can't be used in an argument is about the worst form of lazy argumentation imaginable. IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE VERSE QUOTED IS NOT ACCURATE IN IT'S TRANSLATION, GO FOR IT. Otherwise, shut up when we use your own 'holy scriptures' against you if all you can do is question where we found them.
The scriptures of Islam are all that I need to show your sham religion for what it is. Your "prophet" Muhammad did a shi**ty enough job making up this religion, that it is all to easy to show it as the stone age nonsense it is.
Your arguments are a joke. You are a joke.
Debunked as usual.
...by a Kaffir, no less.
Now, go ahead and copy and paste the classic, moronic fatihah response. We could all do it for you by now, whereas you couldn't come close to the verbal skills that I am able to wield. You are outclassed on this forum that your only responses are inane rantings and denial of clear evidence.
Between you and the punk Mirza who thinks he wins arguments by calling people "ma'am", you both are doing a knock up job of representing the good parts of your faith. Keep up the good work.
You have always been my greatest ally in any argument.

And since nothing in the Qur'an or Sunnah goes against peace, then islam is clearly a religion of peace. So your point is pointless.

Response: In other words, you can't show anything from the Qur'an or Sunnah that is against peace, thus supporting the fact that islam is a religion of peace. Thanks for the clarification.

That's about what I would have expected of you. Despite I, and others proving time and again that Islam is peaceful only to believers, and proscribes harsh and ruthless treatment to non believers, you will ignore any evidence that doesn't conform to your lies.
Here is the proof that you cannot dispute.
Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. (48:29).
That is from the Qur'an. There is no context that makes that verse 'peaceful'.
Debunked as usual, moron.
Maintaining the illusion of consciousness since 1969...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 10:00:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 9:23:24 PM, TanusBarbarus wrote:


That's about what I would have expected of you. Despite I, and others proving time and again that Islam is peaceful only to believers, and proscribes harsh and ruthless treatment to non believers, you will ignore any evidence that doesn't conform to your lies.
Here is the proof that you cannot dispute.
Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. (48:29).
That is from the Qur'an. There is no context that makes that verse 'peaceful'.
Debunked as usual, moron.

Response: The verse says to be hard against unbelievers, not ruthless. Nor does it mean violence, for verse 2:256 says that there is no compulsion in religion, verse 8:61 says not to fight those who incline to peace, and verse 9:13 says that the non-muslims attacked first. Thus the very context proves that striving hard against unbelievers is in self-defense, or with the puspose of preaching the message of islam (16:125).

Debunked as usual. Dummy.
Amica
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 12:54:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Unlike people from other religions, Muslims consider Qur'an to be the authority of Islam. In order to learn what Islam really teaches, we go to the main source: The Qur'an.

Taunus, you are calling someone a bad name (Fatihah) without considering what she has to say. Usually, when someone gets frustrated that their points are not proven, they start lashing out. IT DOES matter what source you use to quote the Qur'an. You cannot quote religionofpeace.org when that website is ANTI Islam. It would be like seeking KKK/neo-nazi sources to prove Judaism is evil. You can't do that, buddy. People are directing you to read the authentic sources that Muslims actually follow. Islamophobes ARE not the best source because they are not objective. Ok? You got that? I hope you can.

Very important point about Qur'an: all "translations" (English, German, Urdu, Bosnian, Persian, etc) of Qur'an are interpretations of the meaning of the Arabic Qur'an. In order to fully understand many of the things non-Arabic speakers quote from the Qur'an, they have to be really fluent in Arabic language. Otherwise, what we get in "translations" is not giving it justice to the Book! Hence, Fatiha's advice to not take all you find online, in your anti-Islamic books and hate-Islam websites, too seriously. Investigate!
Amica
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 1:01:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Fatihah,
Assalamu alaikum. Remember the ayat from the Noble Qur'an, and I will try to paraphrase: they have eyes, but cannot see, have ears but cannot hear and have mind but cannot reason!
Does not matter what proof we give to some people, they will stay blind, deaf and without reason despite possessing the ability of all those faculties. They have a screen that can only be lifted by the Almighty SWT!

People who truly seeek the truth, and not hate, racism and bigotry, would be open minded enough to listen to what you have to say. Those who parrot racist bigots like Geller and Spencer will continue to do just that, because they fear truth. And most of all they fear Islam and Muslims.

) Got reminded of Allah's SWT statement when He said in the Qur'an that unbelievers fear Islam and Muslims more than they fear Him! Can you imagine?! Fearing us more than the Almighty! My Lord...what is the world coming to.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 1:54:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/27/2012 1:01:58 PM, Amica wrote:
Fatihah,
Assalamu alaikum. Remember the ayat from the Noble Qur'an, and I will try to paraphrase: they have eyes, but cannot see, have ears but cannot hear and have mind but cannot reason!
Does not matter what proof we give to some people, they will stay blind, deaf and without reason despite possessing the ability of all those faculties. They have a screen that can only be lifted by the Almighty SWT!

People who truly seeek the truth, and not hate, racism and bigotry, would be open minded enough to listen to what you have to say. Those who parrot racist bigots like Geller and Spencer will continue to do just that, because they fear truth. And most of all they fear Islam and Muslims.

) Got reminded of Allah's SWT statement when He said in the Qur'an that unbelievers fear Islam and Muslims more than they fear Him! Can you imagine?! Fearing us more than the Almighty! My Lord...what is the world coming to.

Response: I couldn't agree more. JazakAllah.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 3:19:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 9:23:24 PM, TanusBarbarus wrote:
That's about what I would have expected of you. Despite I, and others proving time and again that Islam is peaceful only to believers, and proscribes harsh and ruthless treatment to non believers, you will ignore any evidence that doesn't conform to your lies.
Here is the proof that you cannot dispute.
Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. (48:29).
That is from the Qur'an. There is no context that makes that verse 'peaceful'.
Debunked as usual, moron.
Wow, thanks for the laughs!