Jump to topic:

Refuting Zakir Naik on Muhammad in the Bible

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 1:15:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The hosts analyze this claim from Muslim apologists who apparently are too insecure in their beliefs to debate Sam Shamoun and David Wood. The gauntlet was thrown, hard.

What do you think of the claim that Muhammad was mentioned/prophesied in the Bible?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 5:12:49 AM
At 1/1/2013 1:15:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

The hosts analyze this claim from Muslim apologists who apparently are too insecure in their beliefs to debate Sam Shamoun and David Wood. The gauntlet was thrown, hard.

What do you think of the claim that Muhammad was mentioned/prophesied in the Bible?

It's false and absurd.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 8:03:56 AM
Sam Shamoun is an embarrassment to himself. He has been obliterated numerous times, such as by Shabir Ally. (See video Ma'am.) More Muslims would debate him if he weren't considered a psychopath. Browse some of his videos and see why we consider him as such.
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 2:08:40 PM
Sam Shamoun and David Wood are just two pathetic people who have completely incompetent knowledge on logic, how to debate, and especially Islam. If there is any Muslim apologist who don't want to debate with Sam Shamoun and David Wood, then it is for this reason and this reason alone. In fact, not even I myself would have debated with any of them, be it here in this site or in real life. It's just not worth my time and energy.

As for prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) being mentioned in the Bible, I really don't care about this. Sure, Islam do state that prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) can be found in the Bible, but it surely isn't speaking of the current Bible.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 2:34:43 PM
At 1/1/2013 2:08:40 PM, Clash wrote:
If there is any Muslim apologist who don't want to debate with Sam Shamoun and David Wood, then it is for this reason and this reason alone.
Sam Shamoun might have a mental disorder that can be classified as craziness or something similar. Again, there are videos of him giving some comments on Shabir Ally, and I don't think it's very safe to approach such a lunatic.

As for prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) being mentioned in the Bible, I really don't care about this. Sure, Islam do state that prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) can be found in the Bible, but it surely isn't speaking of the current Bible.
No, it says specifically "... they find him mentioned." It merely states that some Jews and Christians find the Prophet to be mentioned in the Bible, and some Jews during his era acknowledged that he was the awaited Prophet. It doesn't say "the Prophet is, as a matter of fact, mentioned in the Bible."
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 4:14:46 PM
But they do have a point, why don't they debate people like WLC?
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 4:18:48 PM
At 1/1/2013 4:14:46 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
But they do have a point, why don't they debate people like WLC?
Very funny. Check their claims for yourself -- Shabir Ally, who I mentioned already, has debated the lunatic in the video (Sam Shamoun) and completely burned his arguments. Ally also debated WLC on several accounts and while some debates are hard to judge, he blasted WLC very obviously at some occasions - which one wouldn't expect from an almost self-learned guy. And I can go on so --.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 5:42:45 PM
At 1/1/2013 2:34:43 PM, Mirza wrote:
Sam Shamoun might have a mental disorder that can be classified as craziness or something similar.

Wow.
Amica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:07:35 AM
Check out this clip, approach it with an open mind and listen carefully to the pronunciations:

The fact is that in the Middle Ages the Holy Bible was not accessible to Christian believers. Christian people, except priests, were forbidden to recite directly from the Book, interpret it, etc. The Church had all of the control of the biblical texts. Today, the Church has admitted to adding, changing and deleting information from the Bible. Makes one wonder why.

Here is a 9 part series about the Church and the Bible:
Amica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:12:43 AM
Muhammad-deen" can also be heard in Arabic a lot of times when Muslims are reciting prayer sending blessings to the Prophet of Allah (God) SWT, Muhammad pbuh. Check out this clip for such pronunciation:
SonofPaleface
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:22:16 AM
At 1/1/2013 1:15:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

I think his claim is laughable,Zakir Naik though isn't the originator of of this idea and his work is very simmilar to a book "Muhammed in world scriptures" by Adul Haq Vidyarthi which i think was written in 1935,in that book Muhammed is apparently in Hindu,Zoroastrian,Christian and Bhuddist literature and even an erotic love poem "the song of Solomon",ironically Vidyarthi was an Ahmaddi Muslim.

My favourite talk by Naik though is "how to deal with an Atheist",quite entertaining it wasn't meant to be.
KeithKroeger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2013 1:18:58 AM
At 1/4/2013 8:07:35 AM, Amica wrote:
Check out this clip, approach it with an open mind and listen carefully to the pronunciations:

The fact is that in the Middle Ages the Holy Bible was not accessible to Christian believers. Christian people, except priests, were forbidden to recite directly from the Book, interpret it, etc. The Church had all of the control of the biblical texts. Today, the Church has admitted to adding, changing and deleting information from the Bible. Makes one wonder why.

What sources do you have to prove this point?

Here is a 9 part series about the Church and the Bible:

What makes this a reliable source how can I trust these videos?
I win ;D