Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 9:10:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is what you're saying:

"Oh yeah? Then how did the universe get here?"

"Then who set evolution in motion?"

This is what I'm hearing, "Something had to have created the universe, therefore I can't eat pork, cut my sideburns, or have to take my bad kids to the center of the village and have the elders stone him to death."
errya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 10:38:05 PM
You're right. Deism doesn't support Theism. It does make ones mind more open though.
The Most Noble Lord Horatio Nelson, Viscount and Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Burnham Thorpe in the County of Norfolk, Baron Nelson of the Nile and of Hilborough in the said County, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Vice Admiral of the White Squadron of the Fleet, Commander in Chief of his Majesty's Ships and Vessels in the Mediterranean, Duke of Bront" in the Kingdom of Sicily, Knight Grand Cross of the Sicilian Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit, Member of the Ottoman Ord...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 10:05:40 AM
At 1/1/2013 9:10:44 PM, UltimateSkeptic wrote:
This is what I'm hearing, "Something had to have created the universe, therefore I can't eat pork, cut my sideburns, or have to take my bad kids to the center of the village and have the elders stone him to death."

Maybe it's just me, but I read the above sentence as meaning 'I can't eat pork. I can't cut my sideburns. I can't have to take my bad kids to the center of the village and have the elders stone him to death.'
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 10:42:25 AM
At 1/1/2013 10:38:05 PM, errya wrote:
You're right. Deism doesn't support Theism. It does make ones mind more open though.

My mind is personally open to evidence. If i believed things without evidence i would have long since been a millionaire through helping the Nigerian foreign minister launder his cash.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 11:41:23 AM

Some people maybe. Other people nope.

What does this have to do with deism exactly....?

Actually, on second thought, what does any of your post have to do with deism not upholding theism?
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 12:43:24 PM

Strawman.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...