Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Sumerian Myth of creation.

DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 6:32:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Sumerian myth of creation reads
"At the word of his mother Nam-mah, En-ki rose up from his bed. In Hal-an-kug, his room for pondering, he slapped his thigh in annoyance. The wise and intelligent one, the prudent, ...... of skills, the fashioner of the design of everything brought to life princely fashioners. En-ki reached out his arm over them and turned his attention to them. And after En-ki, the fashioner of designs by himself, had pondered the matter, he said to his mother Nam-mah: "My mother, the creature you planned will really come into existence. Impose on him the work of carrying baskets. [Sag im ugu ab-zu-ka]; the princely fashioners will nip off the [im] and you shall bring the form into existence. Let Nin-mah act as your assistant; and let Nin-imma, Su-zi-an-na, Nin-ma-da, Nin-barag, Nin-mug, ...... and Nin-gun-na stand by as you give birth. My mother, after you have decreed his fate, let Nin-mah impose on him the work of carrying baskets."

The translation of "Sag im ugu ab-zu-ka" is key to interpreting this scripture. The usual translation is "You should knead clay from the top of the abzu".

"Sag" means to "cut", "slaughter", "choose", "limit", "to make good", or "of fine quality"

"im" means "clay", "mud", "tablet", or "a symbolic 'lump' of material".

"ugu" could mean;
noun: "skull", "upper part", "voice", or "progenitor".
pronoun: "him", "her", "them"
preposition: "upon" or "after"
verb: "to beget", or "bear"
adjective: "natural",or "genetic"

ab- means "sea" or "lake"
zu means "sentient"
-ka means "gate", "mouth", "fox", "possession", or "deduction"

The Abzu refers to "the cosmic waters", which the Sumerians believed surrounded the earth.

"im ugu ab-zu-ka" could be read as "You should shape the lump of the genes from the gate of the universe", or "You should shape the lump of the genes from the mouth of the sentient ocean"

"Hal-an-kug" (running/flowing-sky-pure) means "the pure stream of the sky", and is another name for the E-ab-zu (house of the cosmic waters)

"Nam-Mah" (Exalted-Great) means "Greatness", and could be either a title or a name.

"En-Ki" (Lord-Earth) means "the lord of the Earth", and is the title of Nudimmud

"Nin-Mah" (Lady-Great) means "the Great Lady", and is one of many titles of Aruru.

"Nin-imma" (Lady-Thirst/Drinking/water element) means "the Lady of Re-Hydration"

"Su-zi-an-na" (hand/control/grow/deploy/present-breath of life-heaven/sky-human being) means "the Obstetrician of the Sky". "Zi-an-na" means "Heavenly Life", so Su-zi-an-na means one who controls or brings forth heavenly life.

"Nin-ma-da" (Lady-boat/departure/binding-side/with/surround) means "the Lady of the District/Realm"; "Ma-da" means district or realm in Sumerian.

"Nin-barag" (Lady-Chamber) means "the Lady of the Chamber"; Barag means "chamber", "throne dais", or "to open wide".

"Nin-Mug" (Lady-name/naked/in heat/vulva) means "Lady of the Vulva"

"Nin-Gun-Na" (Lady-Genes/progenitor/speckled/mistress-Human) means "the Lady of Human Genetics". Nin-Gun-Na is also considered the Mistress of En-Lil (Lord of the Air).

with this translation, the text becomes;

"At the word of his mother the great one, the Lord of the Earth rose up from his bed. In the house of the Universe, his room for pondering, he slapped his thigh in annoyance. The wise and intelligent one, the prudent, ...... of skills, the fashioner of the design of everything brought to life princely fashioners. The Lord of the Earth reached out his arm over them and turned his attention to them. And after the Lord of the Earth, the fashioner of designs by himself, had pondered the matter, he said to his mother the Great One: "My mother, the creature you planned will really come into existence. Impose on him the work of carrying baskets. [You should shape the lump of the genes from the gate of the universe]; the princely fashioners will nip off the [lumps] and you shall bring the form into existence. Let the Great Lady act as your assistant; and let the Lady of Re-Hydration, the Obstetrician of the Sky, the Lady of the Realm, the Lady of the Chamber, the Lady of the Vulva, ...... and the Lady of Human Genetics stand by as you give birth. My mother, after you have decreed his fate, let Nin-mah impose on him the work of carrying baskets."
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:06:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/4/2013 6:32:11 AM, DanT wrote:
The Sumerian myth of creation reads
"At the word of his mother Nam-mah, En-ki rose up from his bed. In Hal-an-kug, his room for pondering, he slapped his thigh in annoyance. The wise and intelligent one, the prudent, ...... of skills, the fashioner of the design of everything brought to life princely fashioners. En-ki reached out his arm over them and turned his attention to them. And after En-ki, the fashioner of designs by himself, had pondered the matter, he said to his mother Nam-mah: "My mother, the creature you planned will really come into existence. Impose on him the work of carrying baskets. [Sag im ugu ab-zu-ka]; the princely fashioners will nip off the [im] and you shall bring the form into existence. Let Nin-mah act as your assistant; and let Nin-imma, Su-zi-an-na, Nin-ma-da, Nin-barag, Nin-mug, ...... and Nin-gun-na stand by as you give birth. My mother, after you have decreed his fate, let Nin-mah impose on him the work of carrying baskets."


The translation of "Sag im ugu ab-zu-ka" is key to interpreting this scripture. The usual translation is "You should knead clay from the top of the abzu".

"Sag" means to "cut", "slaughter", "choose", "limit", "to make good", or "of fine quality"

"im" means "clay", "mud", "tablet", or "a symbolic 'lump' of material".

"ugu" could mean;
noun: "skull", "upper part", "voice", or "progenitor".
pronoun: "him", "her", "them"
preposition: "upon" or "after"
verb: "to beget", or "bear"
adjective: "natural",or "genetic"

ab- means "sea" or "lake"
zu means "sentient"
-ka means "gate", "mouth", "fox", "possession", or "deduction"

The Abzu refers to "the cosmic waters", which the Sumerians believed surrounded the earth.

"im ugu ab-zu-ka" could be read as "You should shape the lump of the genes from the gate of the universe", or "You should shape the lump of the genes from the mouth of the sentient ocean"

"Hal-an-kug" (running/flowing-sky-pure) means "the pure stream of the sky", and is another name for the E-ab-zu (house of the cosmic waters)

"Nam-Mah" (Exalted-Great) means "Greatness", and could be either a title or a name.

"En-Ki" (Lord-Earth) means "the lord of the Earth", and is the title of Nudimmud

"Nin-Mah" (Lady-Great) means "the Great Lady", and is one of many titles of Aruru.

"Nin-imma" (Lady-Thirst/Drinking/water element) means "the Lady of Re-Hydration"

"Su-zi-an-na" (hand/control/grow/deploy/present-breath of life-heaven/sky-human being) means "the Obstetrician of the Sky". "Zi-an-na" means "Heavenly Life", so Su-zi-an-na means one who controls or brings forth heavenly life.

"Nin-ma-da" (Lady-boat/departure/binding-side/with/surround) means "the Lady of the District/Realm"; "Ma-da" means district or realm in Sumerian.

"Nin-barag" (Lady-Chamber) means "the Lady of the Chamber"; Barag means "chamber", "throne dais", or "to open wide".

"Nin-Mug" (Lady-name/naked/in heat/vulva) means "Lady of the Vulva"

"Nin-Gun-Na" (Lady-Genes/progenitor/speckled/mistress-Human) means "the Lady of Human Genetics". Nin-Gun-Na is also considered the Mistress of En-Lil (Lord of the Air).

with this translation, the text becomes;


"At the word of his mother the great one, the Lord of the Earth rose up from his bed. In the house of the Universe, his room for pondering, he slapped his thigh in annoyance. The wise and intelligent one, the prudent, ...... of skills, the fashioner of the design of everything brought to life princely fashioners. The Lord of the Earth reached out his arm over them and turned his attention to them. And after the Lord of the Earth, the fashioner of designs by himself, had pondered the matter, he said to his mother the Great One: "My mother, the creature you planned will really come into existence. Impose on him the work of carrying baskets. [You should shape the lump of the genes from the gate of the universe]; the princely fashioners will nip off the [lumps] and you shall bring the form into existence. Let the Great Lady act as your assistant; and let the Lady of Re-Hydration, the Obstetrician of the Sky, the Lady of the Realm, the Lady of the Chamber, the Lady of the Vulva, ...... and the Lady of Human Genetics stand by as you give birth. My mother, after you have decreed his fate, let Nin-mah impose on him the work of carrying baskets."

Basically;
Ninmah is a surrogate
Ninimma is an intravenous nurse
Suzianna is an obstetrician
Ninmada is the supervisor of the hospital
Ninbarag is the supervisor of the ward
Ninmug is a gynecologist
And
Ningunna is a geneticist.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:53:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
And...?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 4:24:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/4/2013 8:53:22 AM, MouthWash wrote:
And...?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 1:51:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2013 4:24:25 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:53:22 AM, MouthWash wrote:
And...?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)