Jump to topic:

My best friend

peacethroughunity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 3:40:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Have you ever thought who is your best friend? Maybe, an old school friend, or a friend you play sports with. Well, whoever your friend is, I am sure he means a lot to you.

So who do you think my best friend is? Well, he has known me before I was born.

He has always attended school with me. My friend has always been beside me in the good and bad times! And most important is that my friend always listens to what I have to say and gives me some very good advice about life.

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta
My website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com...

has the aim to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 4:14:47 PM
My lawn guy is Jesus.

Since he's your best friend, could you teach the dude a little English? I haven't had any luck and it's starting to get difficult to communicate my lawn care needs to him.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 4:27:11 PM
At 1/6/2013 3:40:56 PM, peacethroughunity wrote:
Have you ever thought who is your best friend? Maybe, an old school friend, or a friend you play sports with. Well, whoever your friend is, I am sure he means a lot to you.

He has always attended school with me. My friend has always been beside me in the good and bad times! And most important is that my friend always listens to what I have to say and gives me some very good advice about life.

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

My best friend has a birth certificate, a drivers license, and can have a three way conversation with me and another person without making at least one of us look clinically insane.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 4:46:44 PM
At 1/6/2013 4:27:11 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

My best friend has a birth certificate, a drivers license, and can have a three way conversation with me and another person without making at least one of us look clinically insane.

I'm sure he or she would be thrilled to know that you find those three characteristics the ones most worthy of sharing when mentioning him or her.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 5:27:31 PM
At 1/6/2013 4:46:44 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I'm sure he or she would be thrilled to know that you find those three characteristics the ones most worthy of sharing when mentioning him or her.

It sure as hell is better than someone who doesnt have those three characteristics.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 5:28:23 PM

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

Cool story bro. My six year old niece has a similar friend to yours.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:18:16 AM
At 1/6/2013 5:27:31 PM, tkubok wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

It sure as hell is better than someone who doesnt have those three characteristics.

That's subjective, and, in my judgement, false.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:34:37 AM
At 1/7/2013 4:18:16 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

Jesus is...

Neither licensed nor bonded as a carpenter

Never anywhere to be seen at the table when the check comes

Before all else, Jewish (if you wanna be like Jesus, you should convert...or, as you and he are walking to school together, does he speak to you of the ills of Judaism?)

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:38:22 AM
At 1/7/2013 4:34:37 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
Jesus is...

How do you know?

But He'll turn your water into wine and help you save money.

Before all else, Jewish (if you wanna be like Jesus, you should convert...or, as you and he are walking to school together, does he speak to you of the ills of Judaism?)

Usually, but not always.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:46:09 AM
At 1/7/2013 4:38:22 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Jesus is...

How do you know?

As any good carpenter knows, it's his job to prove the bond, not mine. No papers, no bond.

Drunk "with the spirit" isn't what I'm going for with my wind.

Usually, but not always.

It's the foreskin thing, isn't it? One little snip and the way he complains about it, you'd think they took the whole thing off.

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:55:22 AM
At 1/7/2013 4:46:09 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/7/2013 4:38:22 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Jesus is...

How do you know?

As any good carpenter knows, it's his job to prove the bond, not mine. No papers, no bond.

If you assert that He's neither licensed nor bonded, it's your burden of proof to prove that he isn't. As far as I know, He never said He was licensed or bonded as a carpenter.

Drunk "with the spirit" isn't what I'm going for with my wind.

Your... wind?

Usually, but not always.

It's the foreskin thing, isn't it? One little snip and the way he complains about it, you'd think they took the whole thing off.

It hurts to live. Trust me on this one.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:36:33 AM

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I puked.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 10:59:01 AM

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I'm sure that my friend would be thrilled to know that he shares very few of his defining characteristics in common with a stuffed toy.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:30:49 AM
At 1/7/2013 10:59:01 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I'm sure that my friend would be thrilled to know that he shares very few of his defining characteristics in common with a stuffed toy.

I should hope he already knows that.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:31:12 AM

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

Really. So youre saying that having an imaginary friend that makes you look insane is globally seen as a better trait than having an actual friend that doesnt make you look insane?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:37:20 AM
At 1/7/2013 11:31:12 AM, tkubok wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

Really. So youre saying that having an imaginary friend that makes you look insane is globally seen as a better trait than having an actual friend that doesnt make you look insane?

No, I'm saying that having a friend with a driver's license isn't inherently superior to having a friend without a driver's license. No need to put ridiculous words in my mouth.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 1:13:17 PM
At 1/7/2013 11:37:20 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

No, I'm saying that having a friend with a driver's license isn't inherently superior to having a friend without a driver's license. No need to put ridiculous words in my mouth.

If you look in this post closely, you'll see a little tiny Edward Woodward screaming "Jesus Christ No.".

I agree that having a drivers license and a birth certificate is not critical to a friendship.

However you have, I beleive deliberately omitted the third, and most important point. It is absolutely critical to a friendship that your "friend" does not make you look insane if you are talking with him, and another person.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 1:14:39 PM
At 1/7/2013 11:30:49 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 1/7/2013 10:59:01 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I should hope he already knows that.

Point

You are here.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:56:31 PM
Yeah, I have never even see the guy. Maybe I'd want to be friends with him, but we have never even hung out. I don't want to presume a friendship with him, that would be rude.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 11:02:09 AM
At 1/7/2013 1:13:17 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
However you have, I beleive deliberately omitted the third, and most important point. It is absolutely critical to a friendship that your "friend" does not make you look insane if you are talking with him, and another person.

If I talk with my best friend and some random third person, I will definitely look insane. No doubt about it.

And my best friend has a birth certificate.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 12:17:49 PM

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

Better an imaginary friend than an imaginary "lord & savior".

& you didn't mention about that time he died for your sins. remember...
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 12:19:10 PM
At 1/6/2013 4:14:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
My lawn guy is Jesus.

Since he's your best friend, could you teach the dude a little English? I haven't had any luck and it's starting to get difficult to communicate my lawn care needs to him.

No. Thats the other Jesus.

His evil twin brother AKA satan...
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 12:26:05 PM

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I said those THREE characteristics. I didnt say any one of those three.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 12:27:22 PM
At 1/9/2013 12:26:05 PM, tkubok wrote:

My best friend is Jesus!

In Peace.
George Calleja " Malta

I said those THREE characteristics. I didnt say any one of those three.

Tell me, if someone has two of those three characteristics, would you say that they have those three characteristics?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 12:49:23 PM
At 1/9/2013 11:02:09 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

If I talk with my best friend and some random third person, I will definitely look insane. No doubt about it.

If you are going to try and contribute to an argument, would it be possible for you do so without resorting to straw men? Rhetorical language can aid a point, but is not substitute for it.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 1:02:40 PM
At 1/9/2013 12:49:23 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 1/9/2013 11:02:09 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

If you are going to try and contribute to an argument, would it be possible for you do so without resorting to straw men? Rhetorical language can aid a point, but is not substitute for it.

Not unless you suddenly decide to stop making dramatic assertions like 'It is absolutely critical to a friendship that your "friend" does not make you look insane if you are talking with him, and another person.' without any support.