Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How does God judge people

twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 9:38:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would strongly recommend reading some of PCP's debates on Hell to see a good theist perspective for inclusivism. Or, read my debate against KRFournier which is explictly about inclusivism against exclusivism http://www.debate.org... .

Of course, there aren't just inclusivists, there are universalists. Your presumption that theists ought to be exclusivist is rather unwarranted.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 9:47:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?"
23 Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"


twocupcakes Verse #22 (above) tells you there are people that THINK they are Christian! Clearly.. These are the "PASTORS" of the many churches who Jesus is going to be addressing in the Passage (above)

The guy on the bench will not attempt to; Prophesy, drive out demons or perform miracles.. NO it is the Pastors, those preachers in charge of these many, many man made churches that Jesus "Will Not Know"!

twocupcakes Your mistake is thinking all churches are the same! When the "De-formation" started in the Sixteen Hundreds the cry was; "If it is not in the scriptures, I will not believe it!" BUT..

twocupcakes But now the cry is.. "All churches are the same" & "It does not matter what any church teaches all are in our; Fellowship of Believers"!
Thousands and thousands of man made churches ALL..
twocupcakes All claim to have the only truth but not two believe the same thing.. All claim to believe only the scriptures????!
twocupcakes NO WONDER you say what you say..>>> God does not judge people over which religion they choose

twocupcakes Fact is: You are discouraged disheartened, you along with millions of other protestants now say; "We don't need no stinking church, the ALL OUTDOORS will be our church, from now on!"

The fact is... "God formed ONE Church" and belonging to that One Church does make a difference..
twocupcakes That One Church is the "Body Of Jesus"! Being in the Church Jesus formed IS being in the Body Of Jesus!
Being IMMERSED into the Body of Jesus makes you a "Child Of God"!
Being a Child of God, being IN JESUS, makes God your father and it makes Mary your mother!
twocupcakes It does make a big difference being in the right church!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 10:19:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2013 10:09:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Ugh DogKnox is still around?
No it's, Ugh ConservativePolitico is still around!!
ConservativePolitico what makes you think you have anything of value to contribute? Except Insult that is!!
As if twocupcakes would want dialog with you anyways!
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 12:12:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

Well, that is in the Bible.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 3:06:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2013 10:19:22 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/11/2013 10:09:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Ugh DogKnox is still around?
No it's, Ugh ConservativePolitico is still around!!
ConservativePolitico what makes you think you have anything of value to contribute? Except Insult that is!!
As if twocupcakes would want dialog with you anyways!

Owned by Dogknox.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 4:34:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
You've gotta admit, it's an impressive set of memetic traits. "Join our in-group, or literally the worst thing imaginable will happen to you". Or on the flipside "Done terrible atrocities nobody would normally forgive you for? Join our in-group, and get a free pass to paradise!"
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 8:08:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

I think it should be obvious that sending people to be brutally tortured forever based on their religious belief, is not a moral thing to do.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 8:33:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 8:08:26 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

I think it should be obvious that sending people to be brutally tortured forever based on their religious belief, is not a moral thing to do.

Inb4 who are you to judge God and say what's moral and what's not.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 9:06:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

On what basis would you consider it substantiated, would you consider the fact that it is Biblical to be substantiating?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 9:16:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

As I told you in the other thread, I'm one. So is John Hick, if you want to become informed, perhaps you could read him.

Religious pluralism is a mainstream belief among many theists, as far as Christianity is concerned, it's found in the Bible and the teachings of Christ.

The Christ said he came for all men, transcending the very notion of religious exclusion. Jesus was no fundamentalist by any stretch of the imagination, If you read the Bible you will find that He constantly spoke about liberating people from the denial of pluralism implicit in fundamentalism.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:01:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
First Commandment...

Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

Dogknox, I can't believe you missed that easy answer. You must be slipping in your old age.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:25:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2013 9:47:20 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?"
23 Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"


twocupcakes Verse #22 (above) tells you there are people that THINK they are Christian! Clearly.. These are the "PASTORS" of the many churches who Jesus is going to be addressing in the Passage (above)

The guy on the bench will not attempt to; Prophesy, drive out demons or perform miracles.. NO it is the Pastors, those preachers in charge of these many, many man made churches that Jesus "Will Not Know"!

twocupcakes Your mistake is thinking all churches are the same! When the "De-formation" started in the Sixteen Hundreds the cry was; "If it is not in the scriptures, I will not believe it!" BUT..

twocupcakes But now the cry is.. "All churches are the same" & "It does not matter what any church teaches all are in our; Fellowship of Believers"!
Thousands and thousands of man made churches ALL..
twocupcakes All claim to have the only truth but not two believe the same thing.. All claim to believe only the scriptures????!
twocupcakes NO WONDER you say what you say..>>> God does not judge people over which religion they choose

twocupcakes Fact is: You are discouraged disheartened, you along with millions of other protestants now say; "We don't need no stinking church, the ALL OUTDOORS will be our church, from now on!"

The fact is... "God formed ONE Church" and belonging to that One Church does make a difference..
twocupcakes That One Church is the "Body Of Jesus"! Being in the Church Jesus formed IS being in the Body Of Jesus!
Being IMMERSED into the Body of Jesus makes you a "Child Of God"!
Being a Child of God, being IN JESUS, makes God your father and it makes Mary your mother!
twocupcakes It does make a big difference being in the right church!

Dogknox

What about the handicapped or bed-ridden who find God but are unable to go to church. Do you believe that Christ won't accept their plea for salvation unless first ok'd by a priest??

Does your bible not tell you that God sent His only begotten Son so that whoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life??

Does your bible say, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, therefore seek the blessing of your priest" ??...or does it say, "...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ??

Dogknox, do you reject the scriptures??
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 12:34:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 8:08:26 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

I think it should be obvious that sending people to be brutally tortured forever based on their religious belief, is not a moral thing to do.


He doesn't send people to hell based on their religious beliefs.. He sends people to hell for their sinfulness. The only ones who do not recieve their just punishment, is by the of grace God-- unconditional, undeserved, and undesired by man.

No one trusts in Christ because they chose to. The default position of man, is dead in sin, and rebellion against God. Until they are regenerated BY God, they will never believe, and they will never WANT to believe.

The hardest thing to understand in my opinion, isn't that God sends people to hell.. it's that he saves anyone at all.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 1:11:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
twocupcakes wrote I think it should be obvious that sending people to be brutally tortured forever based on their religious belief, is not a moral thing to do.
I agree... All people ending up in the "Lake Of Fire" are there because they did not love!!

God is LOVE, man was saved by "LOVE ALONE"!
Jesus is GOD, he is LOVE all must enter heaven through Jesus!
All enter through the "Door of LOVE!"

God is love and ONLY love is in heaven.. Faith and Hope are not found in heaven, they are not needed in heaven!!
Love is a CHOICE, each person makes the CHOICE, to Love or not to love! It is called "Free Will" it is their CHOICES in life that decide if they enter heaven!!
THINK: A whack-O, murderer, full of hate.. is not guaranteed heaven just because he is a member of a particular church!!! Who would think otherwise???!!

Church is a help... Church steers people in the proper direction, thinking, you must be IN CHURCH is a LIE! Being in church might increase your odds of obtaining salvation but it is not a MUST to be in church to be saved! Where would you find the scriptures; "Saved by Church ALONE!"???

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 1:25:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
medic0506 you said..
What about the handicapped or bed-ridden who find God but are unable to go to church. Do you believe that Christ won't accept their plea for salvation unless first ok'd by a priest??

Does your bible not tell you that God sent His only begotten Son so that whoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life??

Does your bible say, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, therefore seek the blessing of your priest" ??...or does it say, "...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ??

Dogknox, do you reject the scriptures??

I reply... You are mistaken.... You assume the bed-ridden would be lost, because they can't attend church!
The Bed-ridden can be baptized, can they not!?
The Bride "The CHURCH" adds people to Jesus' holy Body by the waters of Baptism! The Baptized receive the GIFT from God.. The Holy Spirit, (The GIFT) gives LIFE, thus the two.. The Bride and the Groom form God' Children!

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Do you see it? Repent and be baptized - receive the gift!!!
The Bride Baptizes the Groom sends his gift!

Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.


Baptism ADDS people to the Body of Jesus!
Baptism makes God' children, all "IN Jesus" are God' children!
3000 were ADDED to the Body of Jesus on the first day of Pentecost!

You asked.. Does your bible not tell you that God sent His only begotten Son so that whoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life??
I reply: "BELIEVING IN JESUS" Is.. Believing Jesus' words!
Words of Jesus.. Repent and be baptized - receive the gift!!!
Words of Jesus.. Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Christians believe the scriptures... "THE WORDS OF JESUS"!
Christians believe IN Jesus!
Jesus said.. Be Baptized be saved, be ADDED to my body!!

Dogknox
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 1:53:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 12:34:52 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 1/12/2013 8:08:26 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

I think it should be obvious that sending people to be brutally tortured forever based on their religious belief, is not a moral thing to do.


He doesn't send people to hell based on their religious beliefs.. He sends people to hell for their sinfulness. The only ones who do not recieve their just punishment, is by the of grace God-- unconditional, undeserved, and undesired by man.

No one trusts in Christ because they chose to. The default position of man, is dead in sin, and rebellion against God. Until they are regenerated BY God, they will never believe, and they will never WANT to believe.

The hardest thing to understand in my opinion, isn't that God sends people to hell.. it's that he saves anyone at all.

Why would God create a world where people are destined to be tortured forever, just to save some of them? And as God is all powerful, "not saving" isn't the same as "sending to hell"?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Free Will.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:07:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.

He could at least present a reasonable enough case. If he showed up and was as real as any other person, I would be as sure as God exists as I would of Barrack Obama, Wayne Gretzky or any other person existing.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:12:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 1:25:22 PM, Dogknox wrote:
medic0506 you said..
What about the handicapped or bed-ridden who find God but are unable to go to church. Do you believe that Christ won't accept their plea for salvation unless first ok'd by a priest??

Does your bible not tell you that God sent His only begotten Son so that whoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life??

Does your bible say, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, therefore seek the blessing of your priest" ??...or does it say, "...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ??

Dogknox, do you reject the scriptures??

I reply... You are mistaken.... You assume the bed-ridden would be lost, because they can't attend church!
The Bed-ridden can be baptized, can they not!?
The Bride "The CHURCH" adds people to Jesus' holy Body by the waters of Baptism! The Baptized receive the GIFT from God.. The Holy Spirit, (The GIFT) gives LIFE, thus the two.. The Bride and the Groom form God' Children!

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Do you see it? Repent and be baptized - receive the gift!!!
The Bride Baptizes the Groom sends his gift!

Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.


Baptism ADDS people to the Body of Jesus!
Baptism makes God' children, all "IN Jesus" are God' children!
3000 were ADDED to the Body of Jesus on the first day of Pentecost!

You asked.. Does your bible not tell you that God sent His only begotten Son so that whoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life??
I reply: "BELIEVING IN JESUS" Is.. Believing Jesus' words!
Words of Jesus.. Repent and be baptized - receive the gift!!!
Words of Jesus.. Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Christians believe the scriptures... "THE WORDS OF JESUS"!
Christians believe IN Jesus!
Jesus said.. Be Baptized be saved, be ADDED to my body!!

Dogknox

What if the priest gets rear-ended at a stop light, the Holy water spills, and the person dies before the priest gets there?? If he had accepted Christ before he died, do you think he's going to be rejected??
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:13:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:07:56 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.

He could at least present a reasonable enough case. If he showed up and was as real as any other person, I would be as sure as God exists as I would of Barrack Obama, Wayne Gretzky or any other person existing.

He did. Called Jesus. The issue is not that he existed, its whether or not he was who he claimed to be.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:21:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 1:53:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 12:34:52 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 1/12/2013 8:08:26 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 12:01:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 1/11/2013 6:26:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Are there any theists out there that believe that God does not judge people over which religion they choose? I don't understand why people think that a God would judge people on if they worship him. If an all-good God existed, surely he would not care about which religion people pick. Any theists believe that God does not care about which religion people pick?

Good luck substantiating that claim

I think it should be obvious that sending people to be brutally tortured forever based on their religious belief, is not a moral thing to do.


He doesn't send people to hell based on their religious beliefs.. He sends people to hell for their sinfulness. The only ones who do not recieve their just punishment, is by the of grace God-- unconditional, undeserved, and undesired by man.

No one trusts in Christ because they chose to. The default position of man, is dead in sin, and rebellion against God. Until they are regenerated BY God, they will never believe, and they will never WANT to believe.

The hardest thing to understand in my opinion, isn't that God sends people to hell.. it's that he saves anyone at all.

Why would God create a world where people are destined to be tortured forever, just to save some of them? And as God is all powerful, "not saving" isn't the same as "sending to hell"?


I cannot possibly know for sure why he chose this way to display his glory, but I'd say because it was the most appropriate. Your question is a bit confusing, since I do not believe he created a world where all people are destined to be left by God.

I believe everyone would reject God, so in Love, he decided to save some inspite of their rebellion. This is an awesome display of love, especially when i confront my own sin and hate for God and his law.

How is not saving and sending different for God, other then the words you use to describe it?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:23:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:07:56 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.

He could at least present a reasonable enough case. If he showed up and was as real as any other person, I would be as sure as God exists as I would of Barrack Obama, Wayne Gretzky or any other person existing.


So if an all powerful God wants to save you, he has to convince you first?

Like i said, the hardest thing to understand isn't why God sends people to hell, it why he saves anyone at all...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:24:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:13:22 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:07:56 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.

He could at least present a reasonable enough case. If he showed up and was as real as any other person, I would be as sure as God exists as I would of Barrack Obama, Wayne Gretzky or any other person existing.

He did. Called Jesus. The issue is not that he existed, its whether or not he was who he claimed to be.

Exactly, Jesus did not verify his divinity. Maybe he should have done some better miracles that turning water into wine at a private party.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:25:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:23:52 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:07:56 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.

He could at least present a reasonable enough case. If he showed up and was as real as any other person, I would be as sure as God exists as I would of Barrack Obama, Wayne Gretzky or any other person existing.


So if an all powerful God wants to save you, he has to convince you first?

If God only saves me if I am convinced he exists, then yes.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 2:25:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 2:24:50 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:13:22 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:07:56 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:02:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 2:01:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Free Will.

If my free will leads me to believe that Christianity is true, but really Islam is true, why would it be okay for the Islam God to punish me? It is not like any God has made a convincing enough case to 100% verify existence.

Nothing would ever convince you 100%, even if he appeared himself.

He could at least present a reasonable enough case. If he showed up and was as real as any other person, I would be as sure as God exists as I would of Barrack Obama, Wayne Gretzky or any other person existing.

He did. Called Jesus. The issue is not that he existed, its whether or not he was who he claimed to be.

Exactly, Jesus did not verify his divinity. Maybe he should have done some better miracles that turning water into wine at a private party.

He did.....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-