Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Muslim Vigilantes in Britain

Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 2:17:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Once again things take a turn for the worse with respect to the threat of Islam - when will liberals, especially those in the USA begin to take heed:

"Police are investigating reports a gang claiming to be Islamic vigilantes have been confronting members of the public and demanding they give up alcohol and women cover their flesh in their 'Muslim area'.

The hooded men, who call themselves Muslim Patrol, have been filmed walking London's streets and calling white women 'naked animals with no self respect.'

The group is also shown taking 'evil' booze from revellers and film a cyclist being treated after a road accident, claiming they were injured because they were unclean.

In one exchange a member of the group says: 'We don't care if you are appalled at all', before calling themselves 'vigilantes implementing Islam upon your own necks'.

They have uploaded videos to their YouTube channel with the most recent three-minute clip causing a stir online."


http://swns.com...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

http://www.thecommentator.com...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 2:39:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm not surprised that you posted yet another Islamophobic thread . . .

I can link you to hundreds of examples of Christian extremists and criminals. I'm not sure why you are condemning all Muslims because of the actions of these few.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 2:48:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:39:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm not surprised that you posted yet another Islamophobic thread . . .

I can link you to hundreds of examples of Christian extremists and criminals. I'm not sure why you are condemning all Muslims because of the actions of these few.

No phobia here kiddo - this is totally rational - self styled Sharia obsessed gangs, a completeky forseeable development as was this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Was I somehow wrong to post about this news report? have I acted immorally in your eyes?

Harry.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 2:54:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:48:04 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:39:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm not surprised that you posted yet another Islamophobic thread . . .

I can link you to hundreds of examples of Christian extremists and criminals. I'm not sure why you are condemning all Muslims because of the actions of these few.

No phobia here kiddo - this is totally rational - self styled Sharia obsessed gangs, a completeky forseeable development as was this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Was I somehow wrong to post about this news report? have I acted immorally in your eyes?



Harry.

The Daily Mail has been known to publish false stories. Could you link to a BBC, Guardian, or Al Jazeera story instead?

I never said you were acting immorally by posting this, and I never said that you should not have posted it. I am asking why you are attacking all Muslims for the actions of some.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 3:03:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:54:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:48:04 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:39:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm not surprised that you posted yet another Islamophobic thread . . .

I can link you to hundreds of examples of Christian extremists and criminals. I'm not sure why you are condemning all Muslims because of the actions of these few.

No phobia here kiddo - this is totally rational - self styled Sharia obsessed gangs, a completeky forseeable development as was this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Was I somehow wrong to post about this news report? have I acted immorally in your eyes?



Harry.

The Daily Mail has been known to publish false stories. Could you link to a BBC, Guardian, or Al Jazeera story instead?

I never said you were acting immorally by posting this, and I never said that you should not have posted it. I am asking why you are attacking all Muslims for the actions of some.

1. The Daily Mail is reporting on the presence of Youtube videos, these do exist and so the report seems entirely reasonable and valid and newsworthy to me.

2. If The Guardian etc reported it they too would refer to the same videos, so how would that help?

3. The Guardian and other broadsheets have printed false stories before or distorted reality significantly - read Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent or John Pilger's Hidden Agendas to see many examples of this.

4. Where in my original post did I "attack all Muslims"? I have simply drawn attention to a story that I saw reported, your accusation is unfounded but I don't expect an apology from you.

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 3:04:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:54:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The Daily Mail has been known to publish false stories. Could you link to a BBC, Guardian, or Al Jazeera story instead?

Incidentally can you give me an example of such a Daily Mail false story?

Thank you.

Harry.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 7:41:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 3:04:37 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:54:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The Daily Mail has been known to publish false stories. Could you link to a BBC, Guardian, or Al Jazeera story instead?

Incidentally can you give me an example of such a Daily Mail false story?

Thank you.

Harry.

1. http://www.davidicke.com...

2. http://einekleinenichtmusik.blogspot.com...

3. http://www.millenniumvillages.org...

4. http://www.guardian.co.uk...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 7:42:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Could you link to the Youtube videos then? I'd also like evidence that they were not staged. You still haven't answered my question, by the way. Why should we preemptively punish all Muslims for the actions of some?
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 7:56:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:17:16 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
Once again things take a turn for the worse with respect to the threat of Islam - when will liberals, especially those in the USA begin to take heed:

The bolded is what she (and I) take issue with. You're treating Islam as a homogenous whole which unduly effects normal Muslims who don't do shat like this. It's like pointing to the Latin Kings and saying they represent "the threat of Hispanics" or pointing to Soviet Russia and saying it represents "the threat of leftists". Nothing good comes of trying to pigeon hole entire groups of people.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 9:02:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 7:42:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Could you link to the Youtube videos then? I'd also like evidence that they were not staged. You still haven't answered my question, by the way. Why should we preemptively punish all Muslims for the actions of some?

The question implies that I proposed we should "punish all Muslims" which I did not, so why should I address a concern you have that did not originate from my posts?

Harry.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 9:03:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 9:02:53 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/18/2013 7:42:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Could you link to the Youtube videos then? I'd also like evidence that they were not staged. You still haven't answered my question, by the way. Why should we preemptively punish all Muslims for the actions of some?

The question implies that I proposed we should "punish all Muslims" which I did not, so why should I address a concern you have that did not originate from my posts?

Harry.

Well, someone else agrees that it was implied, so . . .
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 9:37:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 7:56:57 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:17:16 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
Once again things take a turn for the worse with respect to the threat of Islam - when will liberals, especially those in the USA begin to take heed:

The bolded is what she (and I) take issue with. You're treating Islam as a homogenous whole which unduly effects normal Muslims who don't do shat like this. It's like pointing to the Latin Kings and saying they represent "the threat of Hispanics" or pointing to Soviet Russia and saying it represents "the threat of leftists". Nothing good comes of trying to pigeon hole entire groups of people.

Except that Islam is an ideology and all Muslims are Muslims - that is they all share the ideology - they are not a race like Hispanics or Russians.

So it is actually NOT like saying "the threat of Hispanics" it is more like pointing to Nazism and saying "the threat of Nazis" your analogy was naive and innacurate.

So having dispensed with that misunderstanding, let me summarize some facts.

Islam has grown within the UK over the past 60 years from almost nil to approaching 4 million. Many of these are concentrated in certain localities.

Islam and vocal Muslims are inherently intolerant - that is they do not adapt to or adpot the customs and practices of their host nation but instead resist and demand that the host chnage, that is the indigenous population, its culture and institutions are put under constant pressure to adapt.

Non vocal Muslims the supposed "passive, good Muslims" may on a personal level appear to be so BUT they will when compelled align themselves with other Muslims and Islam without a second thought, they will never align with secular liberalism when forced to choose - if you think otherwise then you are indeed naive.

Now I can and have before listed many aspects of UK society that are completely different to what they were sixty years ago and these are all attributable to the growth of Islam and are all in-essence a reduction in the quality of life of non-Muslims, especially those who are too poor to move away from areas that are now almost totally dominated by Muslims.

Some of these - there are lots more - are

1. Inbreeding - cousing marriage leading to high levels of genetic illnesses in children, currently the NHS in the UK spends 30% of the budget for this class of illnesses on just 3% of the population - almost all Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslims.

2. Sharia - Muslim women who speak little or no English in the UK are being coerced often with threats of or actual violence, by men, to attend Sharia "courts" (which operate under the UK arbitration act) to accept the "judgement" of men who represent an antiquated patriarchal "legal" system in matters of domestic violence, child custody and so on - this is all attributable to the growth of Islam. Furthermore because this operates using the arbitration act there is no right of appeal and any decision made by the "judge" is enforceable by the British courts - no matter what that judgement may actually be.

3. Calls to prayer - once peaceful towns must now endure repeated calls to prayer from some local Mosque tannoys, the indigenous population are forced to ednure this or move.

4. Healt Care - recently (and there are many similar examples) female Muslim nurses protested vociferously about their unwillingness to leave the forearms exposed when treating patients - this is a rule devised by the NHS based on scientific issues pertaining to bacteria and other infections bing propagated. They have now been granted the freedom to bypass this rule because of their insistence on "religious freedom" - again third world idiocy overriding scientifically defined health care policies.

5. The Blind - there are numeorus stories of Muslim bus drivers whose irrational loathing of dogs have led them to refuse admission of elderly blind passengers with guide dogs, these hapless British people - many of whom may have fought Fascism are thus left standing in the rain bewildered and confused - some bus drivers have even stopped buses mid-route to pray on the floor of the bus - research this if you doubt me.

Not all Muslims behave this way but ONLY Muslims do.

I could list many more examples or you can search yourself but do not treat my disgust at Islam as a form of racial prejudice, that is a big mistake, Islam is an ideology and as it grows in the UK its effects are becoming more menacing.

Have a nice day.

Harry.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:14:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 9:37:58 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/18/2013 7:56:57 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:17:16 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
Once again things take a turn for the worse with respect to the threat of Islam - when will liberals, especially those in the USA begin to take heed:

The bolded is what she (and I) take issue with. You're treating Islam as a homogenous whole which unduly effects normal Muslims who don't do shat like this. It's like pointing to the Latin Kings and saying they represent "the threat of Hispanics" or pointing to Soviet Russia and saying it represents "the threat of leftists". Nothing good comes of trying to pigeon hole entire groups of people.

Except that Islam is an ideology and all Muslims are Muslims - that is they all share the ideology - they are not a race like Hispanics or Russians.

Not really. Islam as a religion is open to several interpretations. Orthodox and liberal interpretations are rampant. Not all Muslims are intolerant or traditionalist. You're drawing on some examples to make conclusions about all Muslims.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:27:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:39:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm not surprised that you posted yet another Islamophobic thread . . .

I can link you to hundreds of examples of Christian extremists and criminals. I'm not sure why you are condemning all Muslims because of the actions of these few.

Yeah, im more outraged on the fact that this thread exists than with all the muslim terrorist bombings and honor killings combined.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:30:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
OMIGERD SOME MUSLIMS DID BAD STUFF! THEY MUST REPRESENT ALL MUSLIMS!

-_-

Your bad and you should feel bad.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:42:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
LOL PLEASE tell me they wear fancy spandex outfits while they go around vigilante justice-ing.

How absurd.

"I'm mad! I'm going to go around and impose my moral system on people whether they like it or not!"

"Does your moral system allow people to go around and impose their moral system on people?"

"ONLY IF IT'S MINE! LULZ!"
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
unitedandy
Posts: 1,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:51:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lol. This wouldn't, couldn't and isn't happening in Glasgow. I'll just parrot the Frankie Boyle line, that in terms of social religious war, we're 500 years ahead, with each side having their own football team.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 2:26:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 9:03:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/18/2013 9:02:53 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/18/2013 7:42:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Could you link to the Youtube videos then? I'd also like evidence that they were not staged. You still haven't answered my question, by the way. Why should we preemptively punish all Muslims for the actions of some?

The question implies that I proposed we should "punish all Muslims" which I did not, so why should I address a concern you have that did not originate from my posts?

Harry.

Well, someone else agrees that it was implied, so . . .

What you infer from my posts or those of others is your problem - infer (what you are doing) and imply (what I did not do) are entirely different things - didn't you know this?

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 2:47:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 11:14:25 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/18/2013 9:37:58 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/18/2013 7:56:57 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/17/2013 2:17:16 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
Once again things take a turn for the worse with respect to the threat of Islam - when will liberals, especially those in the USA begin to take heed:

The bolded is what she (and I) take issue with. You're treating Islam as a homogenous whole which unduly effects normal Muslims who don't do shat like this. It's like pointing to the Latin Kings and saying they represent "the threat of Hispanics" or pointing to Soviet Russia and saying it represents "the threat of leftists". Nothing good comes of trying to pigeon hole entire groups of people.

Except that Islam is an ideology and all Muslims are Muslims - that is they all share the ideology - they are not a race like Hispanics or Russians.

Not really. Islam as a religion is open to several interpretations. Orthodox and liberal interpretations are rampant. Not all Muslims are intolerant or traditionalist. You're drawing on some examples to make conclusions about all Muslims.

Islam does indeed have elements that are traditionally asscoiated with what we consoder "religion" but it has never undergone anything like the reformation which (for example) Catholic dominated Christiandom did; and Catholic dominated Christendom was very political indeed - the Catholic Church itself is primarily a political structure, this is patently clear if you consider its history and its dominance over Western European nations.

Islam is intolerant - if you lived in a heavily Muslim populated area of the UK you'd perhaps begin to see this - if you were honest that is. If you liked bacon you'd be hard pressed to find a local store selling it, if you did not like hearing Arabic calls to prayer several times a day you'd be hard pressed to stop them. If you found your local doctor's office inundated with genetically damaged youngsters - a form of child abuse - because 90% of the families in your neighborhood inbreed then you'd not be able to do very much - other than relocate - IF you had the resources.

Islam encourages a refusal to adapt to another culture, Islam seeks to gain access and influence to local and national politics, Islam openly and publicly calls for the execution of homosexuals, those who burn a book and those wo draw a cartoon of a long dead "prophet" from history.

Islam offers nothing to the west or those unfortunate enough to live in an area that is increasingly swamped in Muslims.

You seem to be yet another apologist for one of the most brutal ideologies there is, an ideology that advocates marriage to 12 year old girls, and ideology that advocates inbreeding, and ideology that unashamedly advocates physical punishmnet for "disobedient" wives and so on and so forth.

Yes I am fully aware that many Muslims are reasonable, decent and friendly - I've grown up in Liverpool and Lonond and have been immersed in multiculturalism far more than most who try to lecture me on this.

However the passive, easy going Muslim will ALWAYS follow Islam and Islam always has a hard core element that is pressing for power and influence - do not think for one nanosecond that such passive Muslims will side with non-Muslims if they are forced to choose - this is where you and many err, the irrational devotion to Islam is the threat - this is why Egypty and perhaps even Syria will soon see the installation and enforcement of Sharia law - Muslims - however passive - always side with Muslims.

It is a threat - go and live in Sparkbrook, Birmingham for a few years if you really think I'm wrong, you'll love it there.

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 2:48:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 11:30:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
OMIGERD SOME MUSLIMS DID BAD STUFF! THEY MUST REPRESENT ALL MUSLIMS!

-_-

Your bad and you should feel bad.

Oohh some Nazis killed a few million Jews, they must represent all Nazis.

See how silly you sound?

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 2:50:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 11:51:59 AM, unitedandy wrote:
Lol. This wouldn't, couldn't and isn't happening in Glasgow. I'll just parrot the Frankie Boyle line, that in terms of social religious war, we're 500 years ahead, with each side having their own football team.

It certainly would not happen In Glasgow, I think Scotts have more testicular rectitude than that and would simply eradicate such idiots.

Harry.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 3:04:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 2:48:55 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/18/2013 11:30:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
OMIGERD SOME MUSLIMS DID BAD STUFF! THEY MUST REPRESENT ALL MUSLIMS!

-_-

Your bad and you should feel bad.

Oohh some Nazis killed a few million Jews, they must represent all Nazis.

See how silly you sound?

Harry.

Some crackers killed a few million native americans. Damn crackers.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 3:35:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:17:16 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
Once again things take a turn for the worse with respect to the threat of Islam - when will liberals, especially those in the USA begin to take heed:

"Police are investigating reports a gang claiming to be Islamic vigilantes have been confronting members of the public and demanding they give up alcohol and women cover their flesh in their 'Muslim area'.


The hooded men, who call themselves Muslim Patrol, have been filmed walking London's streets and calling white women 'naked animals with no self respect.'

The group is also shown taking 'evil' booze from revellers and film a cyclist being treated after a road accident, claiming they were injured because they were unclean.

In one exchange a member of the group says: 'We don't care if you are appalled at all', before calling themselves 'vigilantes implementing Islam upon your own necks'.

They have uploaded videos to their YouTube channel with the most recent three-minute clip causing a stir online."


http://swns.com...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

http://www.thecommentator.com...

If the violence perpetrated by a Muslim gang consists of knocking a drink out of my hand and throwing a shall over my date's shoulders, may I suggest that we work to convert all Crips, Latino Kings, Hell's Angels, etc to Islam?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 3:49:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I live in an area that is also thought to be progressing toward a so-called Sharia Zone. The fact is that these people who try to implement this system often come from gang-related backgrounds. They don't represent the Muslim mindset.

The OP is right in that the common Muslim will align toward the people in the video rather than non-Muslims, if forced to choose. That's a good thing. We have no reason to align toward people who often don't like our religion, customs, etc., to the point where they ridicule us for practicing what we consider to be the most important thing in our lives.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 3:53:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 2:47:04 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
If you liked bacon you'd be hard pressed to find a local store selling it, if you did not like hearing Arabic calls to prayer several times a day you'd be hard pressed to stop them.
Uh oh! Where to begin -- Remember the time when there were halal butchers in Spain? Where did they go?

And why don't you tell people that the call to prayer is five times a day, lasting maybe two-three minutes on average or far less in many areas. It is NO louder than church bells which are everywhere.

Try something else.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:15:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 2:48:55 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/18/2013 11:30:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
OMIGERD SOME MUSLIMS DID BAD STUFF! THEY MUST REPRESENT ALL MUSLIMS!

-_-

Your bad and you should feel bad.

Oohh some Germans killed a few million Jews, they must represent all Germans.

See valid your point is, and how fail and Islamaphobic mine is?

Harry.

Fix'd.

And yes, I do, and yes, yours is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:20:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 2:54:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The Daily Mail has been known to publish false stories. Could you link to a BBC, Guardian, or Al Jazeera story instead?

You can't be serious.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 11:20:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 3:49:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
I live in an area that is also thought to be progressing toward a so-called Sharia Zone. The fact is that these people who try to implement this system often come from gang-related backgrounds. They don't represent the Muslim mindset.

The OP is right in that the common Muslim will align toward the people in the video rather than non-Muslims, if forced to choose. That's a good thing. We have no reason to align toward people who often don't like our religion, customs, etc., to the point where they ridicule us for practicing what we consider to be the most important thing in our lives.

There we go - the emphasized text proves my point - Muslims refuse to adapt to their host country when they emigrate and insist that the host country and its people adapt to them, the "needs" of Muslims.

I do not have much to say about Budhists, Shintoism, Zoroastrians and so on and so forth - why? because these adherents demonstrate humility and respect for others to a far greater degree than Islam does, these religions pose no threat to our way of life in the West.

It is Muslims who advocate beheading for those who burn a book made of paper, it is Muslims who keep demanding Sharia (or discreetly supporting its growth), it is Muslims who react like primitive barbarians with mass protests when someone makes a movie that dares to depict Mohamed, it is Muslims who are eager to kill anyone who draws a picture of Mohamed.

Tell me why any sane person should show any tolerance whatsoever for such a barbaric ideology? I am no more accepting the growth of Islam in my country than I would be the growth of Fascism and I make no apologies for such a comparison.

Harry.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 3:23:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/19/2013 11:20:01 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
There we go - the emphasized text proves my point - Muslims refuse to adapt to their host country when they emigrate and insist that the host country and its people adapt to them, the "needs" of Muslims.
No, we refuse to change our religious customs, but we welcome others to practice their own freely.

I do not have much to say about Budhists, Shintoism, Zoroastrians and so on and so forth - why?
Because you don't know what you're talking about.

because these adherents demonstrate humility and respect for others to a far greater degree than Islam does, these religions pose no threat to our way of life in the West.
They span in Asia for the most part. Islam is found in completely different cultures, e.g., in Europe, North Africa, Far Eastern Asia, etc. That's why people have different mindsets, and different reactions to things.

It is Muslims who advocate beheading for those who burn a book made of paper, it is Muslims who keep demanding Sharia (or discreetly supporting its growth), it is Muslims who react like primitive barbarians with mass protests when someone makes a movie that dares to depict Mohamed, it is Muslims who are eager to kill anyone who draws a picture of Mohamed.
It is Christians who do mass rapes in churches and... You get the point Ma'am?

Tell me why any sane person should show any tolerance whatsoever for such a barbaric ideology? I am no more accepting the growth of Islam in my country than I would be the growth of Fascism and I make no apologies for such a comparison.
You don't understand Islam, why some Muslims are very different to others, and so on. You can't support the growth of Islam with such a deluded mindset. You have already made your beliefs firm, and nothing will change them. The sad part for you is -- we number about 1.5 billion, and more to come! Have fun opposing that.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 3:57:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You have so little understanding of British Politics that it astounds me... :D
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...