Jump to topic:

Anunaki meaning

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 2:33:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
While in Akkadian the Cuneiform was A-nun-na-Ki, in Sumerian it was written A-nun-na-ke4.

A- means "Sky,Heaven, or Anu (God of the Sky/Heaven).
Nun- means "prince, noble, or highness".
-Na means "human being, or a being"
-Ki means "earth or land"
-ke4 is a suffix that indicates the genitival compound is the agent of the sentence.

A-na means sky being, and A-nun-na means Royal Sky beings.

A-nun-na-Ki means "royal beings of the sky land" or "royal sky beings of earth" and "A-nun-na-ke4" means "royal sky beings".

The A-nun-na-ke4, is often shorten to A-nun-na.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:30:48 AM
...am I missing the point here?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:32:33 AM
At 1/15/2013 1:51:35 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 1/10/2013 4:24:25 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:53:22 AM, MouthWash wrote:
And...?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 9:53:49 AM
At 1/23/2013 6:30:48 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

The ancient astronaut theorists on the history channel said it means "those who from the heavens came", which is wrong, and the Internet is filled with sheep quoting them.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:07:12 AM
At 1/23/2013 9:53:49 AM, DanT wrote:

The ancient astronaut theorists on the history channel said it means "those who from the heavens came", which is wrong, and the Internet is filled with sheep quoting them.

Means the same. You broke it down etymologically, but words as a whole don't always take on the meaning of their components. Instead of "heaven, Prince being Earth," a more intelligible interpretation is "those who from the heavens came."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 3:24:18 AM
At 1/23/2013 10:07:12 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/23/2013 9:53:49 AM, DanT wrote:

Means the same. You broke it down etymologically, but words as a whole don't always take on the meaning of their components. Instead of "heaven, Prince being Earth," a more intelligible interpretation is "those who from the heavens came."

More likely to mean "heavenly rulers", seeing as the Anuna originally ruled earth.

Again "Ki" was not the sumerian suffix, it was an Akkidian alteration.