Total Posts:249|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sola Fide is a lie

GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 6:25:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."


"therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

"nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."


Hmm.. Paul Vs. James? I think not.

If I were you, I'd find the most sensible way of reconcilling all of these passages with James.

Or you can wait for me to do it in our debate. =)
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
KeytarHero
Posts: 612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 6:30:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

You take one verse out of context, and smugly assume you've made a valid point?
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 6:50:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

You should check out this article by Greg Koukl. http://www.str.org...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 8:48:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 7:02:47 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:33:02 PM, Wnope wrote:
"I ...ate...lint...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 11:26:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
'If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema.' - Trent Session VI Canon X
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 12:26:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

If you are implying, that, faith, the faith of Jesus Christ, because thats the faith of the christian, is seperate from movement, meaning not a whole, thats not the word faith I know of from the bible. Then you're talking of something different. The bible faith is a action word. Without faith its impossible to pleaseHim, it must be as a complete form, working faith, that faith, is the only meaning that I know that faith is, a active faith. Its not, faith or works, or faith and works, its faith in its real form that can be seen in the life. Don't seperate the two. A faith thats alive. But if you want to seperate, disect,divide,dice or whatever to pull apart this faith, well, thats for you to decide. Good luck with that. James is just making it clear that this faith must be alive or its not the real deal.
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 12:48:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/26/2013 12:26:42 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

If you are implying, that, faith, the faith of Jesus Christ, because thats the faith of the christian, is seperate from movement, meaning not a whole, thats not the word faith I know of from the bible. Then you're talking of something different. The bible faith is a action word. Without faith its impossible to pleaseHim, it must be as a complete form, working faith, that faith, is the only meaning that I know that faith is, a active faith. Its not, faith or works, or faith and works, its faith in its real form that can be seen in the life. Don't seperate the two. A faith thats alive. But if you want to seperate, disect,divide,dice or whatever to pull apart this faith, well, thats for you to decide. Good luck with that. James is just making it clear that this faith must be alive or its not the real deal.

Lol wut? You trying to weasel out of this one by creating your own definition of faith out of thin air?
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 1:12:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/26/2013 12:48:38 AM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/26/2013 12:26:42 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

If you are implying, that, faith, the faith of Jesus Christ, because thats the faith of the christian, is seperate from movement, meaning not a whole, thats not the word faith I know of from the bible. Then you're talking of something different. The bible faith is a action word. Without faith its impossible to pleaseHim, it must be as a complete form, working faith, that faith, is the only meaning that I know that faith is, a active faith. Its not, faith or works, or faith and works, its faith in its real form that can be seen in the life. Don't seperate the two. A faith thats alive. But if you want to seperate, disect,divide,dice or whatever to pull apart this faith, well, thats for you to decide. Good luck with that. James is just making it clear that this faith must be alive or its not the real deal.

Lol wut? You trying to weasel out of this one by creating your own definition of faith out of thin air?

Romans3:27,28 Where is boasting then? It os excluded. By what law?, of WORKS? Nay: but by the law of faith
Therefore we conclude that a man is Justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:05:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 6:25:58 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."


"therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

"nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."


Hmm.. Paul Vs. James? I think not.

If I were you, I'd find the most sensible way of reconcilling all of these passages with James.

Or you can wait for me to do it in our debate. =)

Challenge accepted.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 9:29:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/26/2013 12:26:42 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

If you are implying, that, faith, the faith of Jesus Christ, because thats the faith of the christian, is seperate from movement, meaning not a whole, thats not the word faith I know of from the bible. Then you're talking of something different. The bible faith is a action word. Without faith its impossible to pleaseHim, it must be as a complete form, working faith, that faith, is the only meaning that I know that faith is, a active faith. Its not, faith or works, or faith and works, its faith in its real form that can be seen in the life. Don't seperate the two. A faith thats alive. But if you want to seperate, disect,divide,dice or whatever to pull apart this faith, well, thats for you to decide. Good luck with that. James is just making it clear that this faith must be alive or its not the real deal.

FAITH is Action less.. Faith is of the mind!
No such thing as; "Being saved by faith ALONE!"
Martin Luther added the word "ALONE" in the epistle of Romans so it would read; "saved by faith alone!" He added the word ALONE because, he could not find even one place in the scriptures that supported his teaching!

You must have "LOVE" to be saved... Faith PLUS LOVE!
Love is ACTIONS of the HEART!

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Suqua & Apeiron The breastplate of "Righteousness" is made with LOVE! NO ONE with JUST FAITH can be RIGHTEOUS! ONLY...
Suqua & Apeiron only the righteous are saved!

The man with "JUST faith" can't put on the "Helmet of salvation" He CAN'T be saved, he is HOPELESS!! and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

No such thing as a "working faith" it is a mirrors and shadows, it is TWISTING and a MASSAGING and MASSAGING the LIE of "Faith Alone" to make it say what it never did say!

When Martin Luther made the teaching Sixteen Hundred years after Jesus, he said.. (paraphrase) "We don't need no stinking church, all man needs is Faith & Scriptures ALONE to be saved!"! He made it clear; NO ACTIONS save!!!

Suqua & Apeiron There is not one place in the scriptures that mention "working faith" there is NOT one place in the scriptures that mentions "Faith Alone" except in James 2 and there God wrote: "NOT BY faith Alone"!

The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS they go to heaven because they "GIVE" to Jesus! GIVING...
Suqua & Apeiron giving is NOT WORKING! The Sheep GAVE water to Jesus, they did not expect reward, >>They did not know it was Jesus they GAVE the water to"! GIVING is LOVING, Actions of the heart!!!!!!!
Suqua & Apeiron "WORKING FAITH" is expecting payment for the "WORK"! It is the protestant trying to WORK his way into heaven!
Sheep..(Matt 25) 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Suqua & Apeiron The one who does what is right is righteous >> DOING RIGHT are ACTIONS of the HEART>> LOVING ACTIONS SAVE!
The RIGHTEOUS are saved; Abraham is righteous, the Sheep are righteous! The one who does what is right is righteous

The Goats in the Sheep and Goats story.. Are not righteous, they go to the lake of fire, they >>GIVE<< nothing to Jesus!
"Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

These Goats are the Protestants at the end time judgement.. The Goats in the Sheep story starts as Jesus is Judging the nations! The Goats have "Faith ALONE"!! The Goats have zero LOVE!
"Working Faith" is NOT faith ALONE! Jesus sends them to their father Satan!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 5:17:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 6:25:58 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."


"therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

"nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."


Hmm.. Paul Vs. James? I think not.

If I were you, I'd find the most sensible way of reconcilling all of these passages with James.

Or you can wait for me to do it in our debate. =)

Paradox_7
Sure FAITH is important.... "Faith ALONE" is the lie; the ALONE part is the LIE!

Scriptures are very very clear...
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.


You are to do GOOD WORKS (verse 10 above)
THEREFORE (verse 11 above) Don't boast because you are CIRCUMCISED, because your circumcision will not save you! Circumcision is done by the HANDS >> NOT the heart!
Not by works of the MOSAIC LAW >> So don't BOAST! (verse 9 above)

The THEREFORE puts into CONTEXT after the THEREFORE all that came before the THEREFORE! CONTEXT: THEREFORE you are saved because you are IN CHRIST not saved by your circumcision!

ZERO about salvation by faith ALONE!!!!

Paul is more clear in Romans 4.. Abraham was saved before he was CIRCUMCISED not after!
10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before!

James 2:20
You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God"s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.


Saved by faith.. YES!
Saved by faith ALONE.. NO!!!!
His faith and his actions were working together!!

Dogknox
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 2:45:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/26/2013 5:17:25 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:25:58 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 6:11:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
James 2:24 in the King James Version:
"[...] by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."


"therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

"nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."


Hmm.. Paul Vs. James? I think not.

If I were you, I'd find the most sensible way of reconcilling all of these passages with James.

Or you can wait for me to do it in our debate. =)

Paradox_7
Sure FAITH is important.... "Faith ALONE" is the lie; the ALONE part is the LIE!

Scriptures are very very clear...
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.


You are to do GOOD WORKS (verse 10 above)
THEREFORE (verse 11 above) Don't boast because you are CIRCUMCISED, because your circumcision will not save you! Circumcision is done by the HANDS >> NOT the heart!
Not by works of the MOSAIC LAW >> So don't BOAST! (verse 9 above)

The THEREFORE puts into CONTEXT after the THEREFORE all that came before the THEREFORE! CONTEXT: THEREFORE you are saved because you are IN CHRIST not saved by your circumcision!

ZERO about salvation by faith ALONE!!!!

Paul is more clear in Romans 4.. Abraham was saved before he was CIRCUMCISED not after!
10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before!

James 2:20
You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God"s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.


Saved by faith.. YES!
Saved by faith ALONE.. NO!!!!
His faith and his actions were working together!!

Dogknox

So, lets make this clear, faith in God only is not enough. We must work also, to be justified? Just want to make sure thats whats being said, so I don't jump to any conclusions.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 11:13:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Suqua There you go again.. "Asking those good questions"!!
You asked..
So, lets make this clear, faith in God only is not enough. We must work also, to be justified? Just want to make sure that's whats being said, so I don't jump to any conclusions.

I reply: Trusting in someone, placing your faith in anyone, must include what the person says, what they stand for.. Don't you think!?
Sure ACTION are very important but what they stand for their WORDS are also very very important.
Lincoln
Napoleon
Churchill
Hitler
etc all of these people motivated others by their WORDS, more so then by their actions!

Jesus is NO DIFFERENT!!!
The FAITH you have in Jesus must include the words of Jesus; "The Scriptures"!
Faith in God is enough IF your FAITH includes the words of GOD; "The Scriptures"!

John 3:32
He (Jesus) testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.

Accepting his testimony is having FAITH!

John 4:41
And because of his words many more became believers.
42 They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."


It is Jesus WORDS that these people BELIEVE! (above)

John 5:46
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.
47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"


Rejecting the words of Jesus is rejecting Jesus! (above)

Suqua Clearly.. from the scriptures above, "Believers; believe the words of Jesus"!

Here is the whole point.. Jesus said.. >>HIS WORDS<< say to you "You MUST LOVE to have eternal life!"
Believing is Jesus.. Having Faith in God is enough IF..
Suqua if you believe the words of Jesus, then you are a BELIEVER in Jesus alone!!

Jesus said... Word for word.... "My flesh is real food"!
Suqua Christians believe the words of Jesus! Christians are believers! Christians are Christian because they believe the scriptures NOT the teachings of men that came along sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus, they all rejected Jesus' words and Jesus' Church!

Jesus said... Word for word.... "My flesh is real food"!
Suqua Do you believe these words of Jesus (above) ALONE!? Or do you believe your teachers in your man made church, they tell you; "Jesus' words are lie or at best metaphor!?"

Ignatius of Antioch is a BELIEVER, he is Christian!
Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Suqua Do you see it..Ignatius BELIEVES the words of Jesus thus he is a BELIEVER!!! You reject the words of Jesus.. so can you truthfully say; "I Suqua believe in Jesus ALONE"! I say to you; "You do NOT believe in Jesus ALONE, you believe the teachers of the "great De-Formation" All these teachers that rejected Jesus' words!

Jesus said.. "I will build MY CHURCH"! (note one church)
Jesus said... "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth"!
Jesus said.. "Listen to the CHURCH"!
Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is HOLY & BLAMELESS"!
Jesus said.. "I will always be with you.. To the very end of the WORLD"!
Jesus said.. "Make disciples BAPTIZING them"!

On and on it goes...
Suqua Your teachers the "De-Formers" said.. I will NOT LISTEN the CHURCH is to be BLAMED!"
They said.. "Baptism does not make disciples it is only symbolic, Communion is only symbolic"!
They said.. "The Church is NOT holy and I WILL NOT Listen to her"!
They said.. "The Church is NOT the truth it is NOT the Body of Jesus, and Jesus was defeated by Satan and Jesus left his bride for my body of believers!"

Do you understand... "Believers are they who accept the words of Jesus!" Believes do NOT reject the words of Jesus as Martin Luther did and the "de-formers" that made your thousands and thousands of man made churches!

You ask.. We must work also, to be justified?
I reply: WE MUST GIVE to be justified!
We MUST LOVE to be JUSTIFIED!
LOVE is NOT work!
LOVE is GIVING of self from the heart!
Love is NOT expecting reward!
Love is NOT being PAID as with a wage!

Abraham GAVE God his ONLY Son!
The Sheep GAVE God a cup of water not expecting reward! They did not KNOW it was Jesus they were GIVING the water to!
The Goats GAVE NOTHING they have "Faith ALONE" they have NO LOVE! These protestants go to the Lake of fire, Suqua you are one of them, you are protestant you have placed your salvation in the teachings of the "De-Formers"

THE SHEEP.. 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

GOATS.. "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink.

Faith PLUS LOVE (good works) NOT faith ALONE!

Dogknox
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 10:03:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/27/2013 11:13:00 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Suqua There you go again.. "Asking those good questions"!!
You asked..
So, lets make this clear, faith in God only is not enough. We must work also, to be justified? Just want to make sure that's whats being said, so I don't jump to any conclusions.

I reply: Trusting in someone, placing your faith in anyone, must include what the person says, what they stand for.. Don't you think!?
Sure ACTION are very important but what they stand for their WORDS are also very very important.
Lincoln
Napoleon
Churchill
Hitler
etc all of these people motivated others by their WORDS, more so then by their actions!

Jesus is NO DIFFERENT!!!
The FAITH you have in Jesus must include the words of Jesus; "The Scriptures"!
Faith in God is enough IF your FAITH includes the words of GOD; "The Scriptures"!

John 3:32
He (Jesus) testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.

Accepting his testimony is having FAITH!

John 4:41
And because of his words many more became believers.
42 They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."


It is Jesus WORDS that these people BELIEVE! (above)

John 5:46
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.
47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"


Rejecting the words of Jesus is rejecting Jesus! (above)

Suqua Clearly.. from the scriptures above, "Believers; believe the words of Jesus"!

Here is the whole point.. Jesus said.. >>HIS WORDS<< say to you "You MUST LOVE to have eternal life!"
Believing is Jesus.. Having Faith in God is enough IF..
Suqua if you believe the words of Jesus, then you are a BELIEVER in Jesus alone!!

Jesus said... Word for word.... "My flesh is real food"!
Suqua Christians believe the words of Jesus! Christians are believers! Christians are Christian because they believe the scriptures NOT the teachings of men that came along sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus, they all rejected Jesus' words and Jesus' Church!

Jesus said... Word for word.... "My flesh is real food"!
Suqua Do you believe these words of Jesus (above) ALONE!? Or do you believe your teachers in your man made church, they tell you; "Jesus' words are lie or at best metaphor!?"

Ignatius of Antioch is a BELIEVER, he is Christian!
Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Suqua Do you see it..Ignatius BELIEVES the words of Jesus thus he is a BELIEVER!!! You reject the words of Jesus.. so can you truthfully say; "I Suqua believe in Jesus ALONE"! I say to you; "You do NOT believe in Jesus ALONE, you believe the teachers of the "great De-Formation" All these teachers that rejected Jesus' words!

Jesus said.. "I will build MY CHURCH"! (note one church)
Jesus said... "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth"!
Jesus said.. "Listen to the CHURCH"!
Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is HOLY & BLAMELESS"!
Jesus said.. "I will always be with you.. To the very end of the WORLD"!
Jesus said.. "Make disciples BAPTIZING them"!

On and on it goes...
Suqua Your teachers the "De-Formers" said.. I will NOT LISTEN the CHURCH is to be BLAMED!"
They said.. "Baptism does not make disciples it is only symbolic, Communion is only symbolic"!
They said.. "The Church is NOT holy and I WILL NOT Listen to her"!
They said.. "The Church is NOT the truth it is NOT the Body of Jesus, and Jesus was defeated by Satan and Jesus left his bride for my body of believers!"

Do you understand... "Believers are they who accept the words of Jesus!" Believes do NOT reject the words of Jesus as Martin Luther did and the "de-formers" that made your thousands and thousands of man made churches!

You ask.. We must work also, to be justified?
I reply: WE MUST GIVE to be justified!
We MUST LOVE to be JUSTIFIED!
LOVE is NOT work!
LOVE is GIVING of self from the heart!
Love is NOT expecting reward!
Love is NOT being PAID as with a wage!

Abraham GAVE God his ONLY Son!
The Sheep GAVE God a cup of water not expecting reward! They did not KNOW it was Jesus they were GIVING the water to!
The Goats GAVE NOTHING they have "Faith ALONE" they have NO LOVE! These protestants go to the Lake of fire, Suqua you are one of them, you are protestant you have placed your salvation in the teachings of the "De-Formers"

THE SHEEP.. 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

GOATS.. "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink.

Faith PLUS LOVE (good works) NOT faith ALONE!

Dogknox

So, when David said Oh how O love thy law, thy law is in my heart. Was he correct in saying that about the commandments (all 10)?
Love is the fulfilling of the law(all 10)
Love=works(good)
IF we LOVE=WE WILL KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS(good works)1John5:2, 1John5:3,1John5:6
Rev.22:14
Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev.14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus.:-|
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 11:47:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Suqua Thank you for your post.. You said.. So, when David said Oh how O love thy law, thy law is in my heart. Was he correct in saying that about the commandments (all 10)?
Love is the fulfilling of the law(all 10)
Love=works(good)
IF we LOVE=WE WILL KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS(good works)1John5:2, 1John5:3,1John5:6
Rev.22:14
Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev.14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus.:-|


I reply... You ask a question then post scriptures.... I can't read your mind, to be truthful I am not really sure what your point is...

I think my post will cover your question with a answer that you will understand... FACT: Scriptures ALONE do not save!
Scriptures must be interpreted by an authority, to keep everyone on the same page..
Suqua LOGIC alone says.. "So you don't end up with thousands and thousands of conflicting truths!"

Christians believe the scriptures, this is what makes Christians christian... The belief of scriptures!

Jesus said... The scriptures tell you.. "Listen to the CHURCH!"
Suqua When Jesus said.. "Listen to the Church" the ONLY CHURCH he meant was the Holy Catholic Church! There was NO other churches when Jesus said.. "Listen to the Church!"
FACT: There was NOT your Church, when Jesus said.. "Listen to the Church"; The Church you listen to is not Jesus' Church!

Jesus said... "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth!"
When Jesus said.."The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth" the ONLY CHURCH he meant was the Holy Catholic Church; There was NO other churches for one thousands years!
Suqua Your church CANNOT be "The pillar and the foundation of truth!" LOGIC and HISTORY tell you, your Church was not the Church Jesus meant!

Jesus said.. "I am with you ALWAYS, to the very end of the world"!
When Jesus said.."I am with you ALWAYS, to the very end of the world", he meant HIS CHURCH... he could not have meant your church because, he is ALWAYS with the ONLY BODY he formed, His BRIDE>> His Holy Catholic Church!!
Suqua LOGIC and HISTORY tell you, your Church was not the Church Jesus meant!

Again>>> "Christians believe the words of Jesus"!
Christians have ALWAYS taught "Sundays are the days Christians worship God!" Jesus remains with his Church, he is ALWAYS with the CHURCH that teaches "Sunday Worship" Always with his Christians; His Followers to the very end of the world!!
The Church, the "Pillar and the Foundation of truth" teaches "Sunday Worship"!!

The CHURCH Jesus told you to "LISTEN TO" teaches "Sunday is the day Christians Worship God"!
Suqua The Church that teaches "worship when Jews worship" is NOT the church Jesus is always with to the end of the world, nor is it the church Jesus formed, nor the church you are to listen to, nor is it the church that is the foundation of truth!

Suqua With all respect.. "Christians believe the words of Jesus"! You MUST REJECT the scriptures, Jesus words, you MUST reject the words from the mouth of God as LIES to believe Christians worship on Saturdays!
It is just this simple.. If Christians worship on Saturdays.. Then Jesus lied!! Take your pick... BOTH churches can't be right! Your Church MUST be the lie.. LOGIC alone says so!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,792
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 3:21:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dogknox: "FACT: Scriptures ALONE do not save! Scriptures must be interpreted by an authority, to keep everyone on the same page"

Reply: Well, that says it in a nutshell and is truly pathetic. You see, Dogknox considers the Bible to be lifeless, impotent, mysterious, clouded in secrecy. His superiors have repeatedly told him that he can't understand anything unless ... unless ... UNLESS some other human comes along and explains it to him, i. e. the Holy Spirit inspired an unintelligible book. That's why so many Catholics downplay the importance of the Bible - Dogknox is a good example of it. His authority is not the Bible at all, and I fail to see why he even quotes it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 12:36:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
annanicole you said..
Reply: Well, that says it in a nutshell and is truly pathetic. You see, Dogknox considers the Bible to be lifeless, impotent, mysterious, clouded in secrecy. His superiors have repeatedly told him that he can't understand anything unless ... unless ... UNLESS some other human comes along and explains it to him, i. e. the Holy Spirit inspired an unintelligible book. That's why so many Catholics downplay the importance of the Bible - Dogknox is a good example of it. His authority is not the Bible at all, and I fail to see why he even quotes it.

I reply.."Christians believe the scriptures!!" It is just this simple!

I am CHRISTIAN!!
Jesus said.. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

I eat the flesh of Jesus.
annanicole Thus I eat LIFE!!
Jesus the LIFE gives me and all CHRISTIANS life, Jesus is in me, thus I LIVE!!

Jesus' FLESH is ALIVE!!
FACT IS: The life giving food from God gives CHRISTIANS life!
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Christians believe the words of God..
Christians do NOT need to RESTORE Jesus' body back to Jesus because; CHRISTIANS are IN Jesus!
Jesus never ever left his Body, he is still with his Holy Catholic CHURCH to the very end of the world!
Jesus' Body is the Holy Catholic Church! Christians believe the scriptures..it is just this simple!

Dogknox
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 1:05:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/28/2013 11:47:49 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Suqua Thank you for your post.. You said.. So, when David said Oh how O love thy law, thy law is in my heart. Was he correct in saying that about the commandments (all 10)?
Love is the fulfilling of the law(all 10)
Love=works(good)
IF we LOVE=WE WILL KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS(good works)1John5:2, 1John5:3,1John5:6
Rev.22:14
Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev.14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus.:-|


I reply... You ask a question then post scriptures.... I can't read your mind, to be truthful I am not really sure what your point is...

Well I was hoping you could read between, oh, wait, you can only think in one direction, I forgot, the catholic mind thing, sorry, I forgot you can't think on your own.
Regurgitation. I'm just so not use to that. Your post can't possibly answer mine, since you don't know what the point is, but you'll carry on anyways? What? Whatever!
annanicole
Posts: 19,792
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 1:24:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dogknox: "I reply.."Christians believe the scriptures!!" It is just this simple!"

Reply: LOL The boy says it, but alas, he doesn't BELIEVE it. Repeat: Dogknox believes the Holy Scriptures up to a point, but he destroys his own faith by saying the scriptures are dead, lifeless, impotent, vague, unable to bring life, cloudy, and shrouded in secrecy. Then he QUOTES the Bible as if he believes people can understand it.

Are you saved by the word, Dogknox?
Are you begotten and born of the word, Dogknox?
Are you purified by the word, Dogknox?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
KeytarHero
Posts: 612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 9:54:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/28/2013 3:21:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: "FACT: Scriptures ALONE do not save! Scriptures must be interpreted by an authority, to keep everyone on the same page"

Reply: Well, that says it in a nutshell and is truly pathetic. You see, Dogknox considers the Bible to be lifeless, impotent, mysterious, clouded in secrecy. His superiors have repeatedly told him that he can't understand anything unless ... unless ... UNLESS some other human comes along and explains it to him, i. e. the Holy Spirit inspired an unintelligible book. That's why so many Catholics downplay the importance of the Bible - Dogknox is a good example of it. His authority is not the Bible at all, and I fail to see why he even quotes it.

You really shouldn't feed the trolls. I've tried to reason with Dogknox before. There's really no reasoning with him.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 9:56:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/30/2013 9:54:18 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 1/28/2013 3:21:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: "FACT: Scriptures ALONE do not save! Scriptures must be interpreted by an authority, to keep everyone on the same page"

Reply: Well, that says it in a nutshell and is truly pathetic. You see, Dogknox considers the Bible to be lifeless, impotent, mysterious, clouded in secrecy. His superiors have repeatedly told him that he can't understand anything unless ... unless ... UNLESS some other human comes along and explains it to him, i. e. the Holy Spirit inspired an unintelligible book. That's why so many Catholics downplay the importance of the Bible - Dogknox is a good example of it. His authority is not the Bible at all, and I fail to see why he even quotes it.

You really shouldn't feed the trolls. I've tried to reason with Dogknox before. There's really no reasoning with him.

annanicole's raison d'etre appears to be Dogknox.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 10:36:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/30/2013 9:54:18 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 1/28/2013 3:21:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: "FACT: Scriptures ALONE do not save! Scriptures must be interpreted by an authority, to keep everyone on the same page"

Reply: Well, that says it in a nutshell and is truly pathetic. You see, Dogknox considers the Bible to be lifeless, impotent, mysterious, clouded in secrecy. His superiors have repeatedly told him that he can't understand anything unless ... unless ... UNLESS some other human comes along and explains it to him, i. e. the Holy Spirit inspired an unintelligible book. That's why so many Catholics downplay the importance of the Bible - Dogknox is a good example of it. His authority is not the Bible at all, and I fail to see why he even quotes it.

You really shouldn't feed the trolls. I've tried to reason with Dogknox before. There's really no reasoning with him.

KeytarHero NO you have NOT tried to reason with me!!!
You tried to twist the scriptures to fit your beliefs!
Christians believe the scriptures, It is just this simple!
KeytarHero I am Christian; I believe the words of God word for word!

Dogknox
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 10:48:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hebrew- Egypt- Rome- Spain- Aztec- Mexican

Spanish Calander Starts on Monday

Ends on Sunday = 7th day.

IT IS THE TRUTH!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 10:49:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/30/2013 1:24:05 AM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: "I reply.."Christians believe the scriptures!!" It is just this simple!"

Reply: LOL The boy says it, but alas, he doesn't BELIEVE it. Repeat: Dogknox believes the Holy Scriptures up to a point, but he destroys his own faith by saying the scriptures are dead, lifeless, impotent, vague, unable to bring life, cloudy, and shrouded in secrecy. Then he QUOTES the Bible as if he believes people can understand it.

Are you saved by the word, Dogknox?
Are you begotten and born of the word, Dogknox?
Are you purified by the word, Dogknox?
KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua

I reply...
Ignatius of Antioch is Christian!
Ignatius believes the scriptures!
Ignatius believes the words of Jesus, word for word!!
Ignatius is NOT a protestant he is not a member of the sixteenth century man made "churches of Christ" he is CATHOLIC! He is a BISHOP in the Same Church Peter shepherds!

KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua Ignatius said.. He "Eats Jesus' flesh"!
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Christians believe the words of Jesus!
Christians believe the scriptures, word for word!
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

I am Christian the early Church is Christian!
The Early Church is the Holy Catholic Church!

Ignatius of Antioch said..
"Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans"8:2 [A.D. 110])."

KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua
"Just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua Ignatius' CHURCH is the Holy Catholic Church, the very same CHURCH I belong to today!!

2000 years old Church formed by Jesus!
"Just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

Dogknox
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 10:58:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/30/2013 10:49:32 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/30/2013 1:24:05 AM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: "I reply.."Christians believe the scriptures!!" It is just this simple!"

Reply: LOL The boy says it, but alas, he doesn't BELIEVE it. Repeat: Dogknox believes the Holy Scriptures up to a point, but he destroys his own faith by saying the scriptures are dead, lifeless, impotent, vague, unable to bring life, cloudy, and shrouded in secrecy. Then he QUOTES the Bible as if he believes people can understand it.

Are you saved by the word, Dogknox?
Are you begotten and born of the word, Dogknox?
Are you purified by the word, Dogknox?
KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua

I reply...
Ignatius of Antioch is Christian!
Ignatius believes the scriptures!
Ignatius believes the words of Jesus, word for word!!
Ignatius is NOT a protestant he is not a member of the sixteenth century man made "churches of Christ" he is CATHOLIC! He is a BISHOP in the Same Church Peter shepherds!

KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua Ignatius said.. He "Eats Jesus' flesh"!
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Christians believe the words of Jesus!
Christians believe the scriptures, word for word!
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

I am Christian the early Church is Christian!
The Early Church is the Holy Catholic Church!

Ignatius of Antioch said..
"Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans"8:2 [A.D. 110])."

KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua
"Just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

KeytarHero & annanicole & Suqua Ignatius' CHURCH is the Holy Catholic Church, the very same CHURCH I belong to today!!

2000 years old Church formed by Jesus!
"Just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

Dogknox

I believe the Phrase was [1]"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Not however:
"Just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

http://bible.cc...
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!