Total Posts:82|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bible believers, Get real.

johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.

Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater". So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater. So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.

This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.

It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 3:38:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.

No it's not stupid, it very accurate in fact. Most people do not accept the bible as it is, because of all the confusion and contradiction encountered within it's so called holy pages.

I am speaking with sincerirty and honesty. the bible itself causes countless people who are looking for God to turn their back on God.

It's a no brainer.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 4:48:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

+1
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.

+1
& I'd like to debate johns statement.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:00:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 4:48:20 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

+1
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.

Why not debate the rest of the material I posted also, such as the sheer amount of confusion and contradictory statements found in the bible. and the fact that most westerners look to the bible for a convincing account of God, and instead end oither confused or outright rejecting God based on the biblical accounts.

+1
& I'd like to debate johns statement.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:14:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

It is a totally 100% human invention, so trying to make sense of what the human authors fabricated within its self-contradicting isn't of any real value apart from perhaps trying to understand how some inept humans came to fabricate it and why?

It was fabricated by the priestly class in order to maintain their corrupt positions of arrogated authority over people, by threatening them with the wrath of their deity with which they claimed only they had authority to communicate with and often in languages that normal people didn't speak! (e.g. Modern day catholics with their ancient Latin BS propaganda)

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

Don't worry, its happening even in greater numbers as we speak!

At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
That's just stupid.

Not stupid in the slightest!

Religions & Cults like catholicism have been and still remain a disgusting scourge on decent society from its corrupt beginnings!

Paedophiles, a gay profession, Nun raping and forcing abortions on them by catholic priests and the list of their catholic abominations goes on!

Fortunately here in Australia there is a great reknewed effort to drag these dirty catholic bastards and those catholic bastards amongst or above them that have protected them for so long, to face criminal prosecution!

Fortunately recent Data confirms that e.g. 1. all white-skinned nations are rejecting these Cults in droves, and in a few decades ALL white-skinned nations will have erased ALL of these entirely corrupt religious institutions and rejected them ALL and placed them in their rightful place on the Trash Heap of decent humanities! -

Within a few decades, Christianity will be overwhelmingly a non-European, non-white religion. (Source: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com...)

e.g. 2. Countries with the best standard of living are turning atheist. That shift offers a glimpse into the world's future. - Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038
(Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:43:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 5:14:15 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

It is a totally 100% human invention, so trying to make sense of what the human authors fabricated within its self-contradicting isn't of any real value apart from perhaps trying to understand how some inept humans came to fabricate it and why?

It was fabricated by the priestly class in order to maintain their corrupt positions of arrogated authority over people, by threatening them with the wrath of their deity with which they claimed only they had authority to communicate with and often in languages that normal people didn't speak! (e.g. Modern day catholics with their ancient Latin BS propaganda)


At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

Don't worry, its happening even in greater numbers as we speak!


At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
That's just stupid.

Not stupid in the slightest!

Religions & Cults like catholicism have been and still remain a disgusting scourge on decent society from its corrupt beginnings!

Paedophiles, a gay profession, Nun raping and forcing abortions on them by catholic priests and the list of their catholic abominations goes on!

Fortunately here in Australia there is a great reknewed effort to drag these dirty catholic bastards and those catholic bastards amongst or above them that have protected them for so long, to face criminal prosecution!

Fortunately recent Data confirms that e.g. 1. all white-skinned nations are rejecting these Cults in droves, and in a few decades ALL white-skinned nations will have erased ALL of these entirely corrupt religious institutions and rejected them ALL and placed them in their rightful place on the Trash Heap of decent humanities! -

Within a few decades, Christianity will be overwhelmingly a non-European, non-white religion. (Source: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com...)


e.g. 2. Countries with the best standard of living are turning atheist. That shift offers a glimpse into the world's future. - Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038
(Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)

Regarding the Catholic Chruch....
Your sex life is their business, but their sex life is none of you business.

Nice post I agree with most of your points, but would appreciate for the sake of arguments, if you could refrain from calling them bastards as that only gives those who oppose you an un-necassary ammunition to oppose you. Stick to the main points of how ridiculous it really is, and see how they counter.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 10:35:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

What does "bogus" mean? have you proven something about the Bible, if so what?

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

All knowledge rests on faith - things that are taken for granted because they cannot be proven as true. It is on faith that we beleive there are laws in physics - we cannot prove there are, we just keep inventing better and better approximations in the belief that things really are governed by mathematical laws rather than just appearing to be.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.

Well lets be careful here:

1. It is written in three ancient languages and these must be translated - an imperfect discipline.
2. How do you know the Bible is not coded in some way or other?
3. In Daniel it says that the Bible IS coded "sealed up until the time of the end".


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater".

If you choose to take that at face value and then insist you've found a contradiction then that's your right - but have you ever tried to see if these can be reconciled? if there may be a reason for what looks like a contradiction? might there be something deeper going on here? etc etc.

So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater.

What if you've misunderstood something? what if Christ was speaking the truth and in your haste or eagerness to reject the Bible you have missed something important?

So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.


You seem to say a lot about God yet reject the Bible as being true, so where did you get your ideas about what God is or what God is like etc?

This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

Let me say here that I think almost every single so-called contradiction I've examined is in fact not a contradiction at all. Many are due to translation subtleties or poor knowkedge of history or applying some linguistic standard that is unjustified and so on.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

That may be true but this does not serve as a proof that the Bible is bogus - in fact the Bible itself says that most of humanity is deeply confused and deceived, did you know that?

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.

Historically man has always turned his back on God, we see this with Adam and we see it repeated over and over in the OT as God gave chance after chance to the Israelites.

Claiming that the Bible must be bogus because people appear to reject it is not a sound argument.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

That would lead to an Orwellian 1984 society outlawing books, didn't the Nazis try that once too?

Harry.
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 10:40:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.

Agreed. OP's argument is silly.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 10:43:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 5:14:15 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

It is a totally 100% human invention, so trying to make sense of what the human authors fabricated within its self-contradicting isn't of any real value apart from perhaps trying to understand how some inept humans came to fabricate it and why?

It was fabricated by the priestly class in order to maintain their corrupt positions of arrogated authority over people, by threatening them with the wrath of their deity with which they claimed only they had authority to communicate with and often in languages that normal people didn't speak! (e.g. Modern day catholics with their ancient Latin BS propaganda)


What evidence do you have that the various books in the Bible are fabrications?

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

Don't worry, its happening even in greater numbers as we speak!


At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
That's just stupid.

Not stupid in the slightest!

Religions & Cults like catholicism have been and still remain a disgusting scourge on decent society from its corrupt beginnings!

Paedophiles, a gay profession, Nun raping and forcing abortions on them by catholic priests and the list of their catholic abominations goes on!

Fortunately here in Australia there is a great reknewed effort to drag these dirty catholic bastards and those catholic bastards amongst or above them that have protected them for so long, to face criminal prosecution!

Fortunately recent Data confirms that e.g. 1. all white-skinned nations are rejecting these Cults in droves, and in a few decades ALL white-skinned nations will have erased ALL of these entirely corrupt religious institutions and rejected them ALL and placed them in their rightful place on the Trash Heap of decent humanities! -

Within a few decades, Christianity will be overwhelmingly a non-European, non-white religion. (Source: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com...)


e.g. 2. Countries with the best standard of living are turning atheist. That shift offers a glimpse into the world's future. - Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038
(Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)

This thread is about the Bible - you seem to be diverting to a condemnation of the Catholic church which is an altogether different issue - immoral conduct from Catholic priests cannot possibly shed light on the efficacy of the Bible since every single book in the Bible existed before the Catholic church existed.

Harry.
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 11:16:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater". So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater. So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.



This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

When I try quantum physics, I find it mind boggling, or even trying to read a doctor's note or maybe a morgage contract, or even the codes on law that we abide with. We should get rid of quantum physics, doctors and lawyers. Because most people can't understand them. Math should be for everyone to understand without going 5 yrs to University. So maybe you should look at the bible from a different perspective, not your own, spiritual things are spiritually discerned. You must apply yourself, as in studying a contract from a law firm. You need to know some basics first before you can move on. The bible wasn't written for the casual reader, like a common novel. You need to study to understand most things, like cemistry, to understand them well. Cemistry isn't boggus, jist because I can't understand it like a comic book, or going to a movie. We'll you may say, I get that, but unless you do some real study, yes, you will find, if you use your own reasoning, places that seem to be contradictive, to you.
The different angle, maybe trying, to let the holy spirit lead you into all truth. Thats one of the basics of understanding God in the bible, you know, SEEK and ye shall find.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 11:20:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 11:16:31 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater". So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater. So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.



This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

When I try quantum physics, I find it mind boggling, or even trying to read a doctor's note or maybe a morgage contract, or even the codes on law that we abide with. We should get rid of quantum physics, doctors and lawyers. Because most people can't understand them. Math should be for everyone to understand without going 5 yrs to University. So maybe you should look at the bible from a different perspective, not your own, spiritual things are spiritually discerned. You must apply yourself, as in studying a contract from a law firm. You need to know some basics first before you can move on. The bible wasn't written for the casual reader, like a common novel. You need to study to understand most things, like cemistry, to understand them well. Cemistry isn't boggus, jist because I can't understand it like a comic book, or going to a movie. We'll you may say, I get that, but unless you do some real study, yes, you will find, if you use your own reasoning, places that seem to be contradictive, to you.
The different angle, maybe trying, to let the holy spirit lead you into all truth. Thats one of the basics of understanding God in the bible, you know, SEEK and ye shall find.

Superb post !

Harry.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 11:31:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:38:37 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.

No it's not stupid, it very accurate in fact. Most people do not accept the bible as it is, because of all the confusion and contradiction encountered within it's so called holy pages.

You may not have noticed that I quoted a specific section and wrote, in response to it and only it, 'That's just stupid.'.

I stand by my statement.

I am speaking with sincerirty and honesty. the bible itself causes countless people who are looking for God to turn their back on God.

I think it probably draws at least as many people as it turns away. In my personal experience, people who find problems in the Bible are people who are intentionally looking for them.

It's a no brainer.

That would have been a perfect set-up for some accusation and insult, but I decided to let it pass.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 11:34:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 5:14:15 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

It is a totally 100% human invention, so trying to make sense of what the human authors fabricated within its self-contradicting isn't of any real value apart from perhaps trying to understand how some inept humans came to fabricate it and why?

Yeah, why not make some random claims then shift the burden of proof? That's seemed to work well for you so far.

It was fabricated by the priestly class in order to maintain their corrupt positions of arrogated authority over people, by threatening them with the wrath of their deity with which they claimed only they had authority to communicate with and often in languages that normal people didn't speak! (e.g. Modern day catholics with their ancient Latin BS propaganda)

Those of the Romish religion continue to persevere in their innumerable heresies under the guidance of their so-called 'pope', who arrogates to himself power that by no means he ought to have.

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

Don't worry, its happening even in greater numbers as we speak!


At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
That's just stupid.

Not stupid in the slightest!

Religions & Cults like catholicism have been and still remain a disgusting scourge on decent society from its corrupt beginnings!

Paedophiles, a gay profession, Nun raping and forcing abortions on them by catholic priests and the list of their catholic abominations goes on!

It's hardly a surprise such is spawned by those Roman heretics.

Matthew 7:18

'A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.'

Fortunately here in Australia there is a great reknewed effort to drag these dirty catholic bastards and those catholic bastards amongst or above them that have protected them for so long, to face criminal prosecution!

Fortunately recent Data confirms that e.g. 1. all white-skinned nations are rejecting these Cults in droves, and in a few decades ALL white-skinned nations will have erased ALL of these entirely corrupt religious institutions and rejected them ALL and placed them in their rightful place on the Trash Heap of decent humanities! -

Within a few decades, Christianity will be overwhelmingly a non-European, non-white religion. (Source: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com...)


e.g. 2. Countries with the best standard of living are turning atheist. That shift offers a glimpse into the world's future. - Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038
(Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)

Um, great. Good to know you haven't given up on non-topical posting.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 2:11:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:38:37 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.

No it's not stupid, it very accurate in fact. Most people do not accept the bible as it is, because of all the confusion and contradiction encountered within it's so called holy pages.

I am speaking with sincerirty and honesty. the bible itself causes countless people who are looking for God to turn their back on God.

It's a no brainer.

No proof! Yay!
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 2:25:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.


Have you ever been to a seminary?

At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society.

That's just stupid.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 2:51:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 2:25:50 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:08:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
In general, I've found that anyone who thinks the Bible is contradictory isn't trying to make sense of it.


Have you ever been to a seminary?

Yes, actually.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
KeithKroeger91
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 1:22:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago

It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

Matthew 10:22.
Mark 13:13.
Luke 21:17.

"All men will hate you because of me"

Looks like another example.. Outlaw the Bible? really?
I win ;D
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 10:37:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 10:35:25 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

What does "bogus" mean? have you proven something about the Bible, if so what?

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

All knowledge rests on faith - things that are taken for granted because they cannot be proven as true. It is on faith that we beleive there are laws in physics - we cannot prove there are, we just keep inventing better and better approximations in the belief that things really are governed by mathematical laws rather than just appearing to be.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.

Well lets be careful here:

1. It is written in three ancient languages and these must be translated - an imperfect discipline.
2. How do you know the Bible is not coded in some way or other?
3. In Daniel it says that the Bible IS coded "sealed up until the time of the end".


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater".

If you choose to take that at face value and then insist you've found a contradiction then that's your right - but have you ever tried to see if these can be reconciled? if there may be a reason for what looks like a contradiction? might there be something deeper going on here? etc etc.

So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater.

What if you've misunderstood something? what if Christ was speaking the truth and in your haste or eagerness to reject the Bible you have missed something important?

So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.


You seem to say a lot about God yet reject the Bible as being true, so where did you get your ideas about what God is or what God is like etc?

This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

Let me say here that I think almost every single so-called contradiction I've examined is in fact not a contradiction at all. Many are due to translation subtleties or poor knowkedge of history or applying some linguistic standard that is unjustified and so on.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

That may be true but this does not serve as a proof that the Bible is bogus - in fact the Bible itself says that most of humanity is deeply confused and deceived, did you know that?

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.

Historically man has always turned his back on God, we see this with Adam and we see it repeated over and over in the OT as God gave chance after chance to the Israelites.

Claiming that the Bible must be bogus because people appear to reject it is not a sound argument.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

That would lead to an Orwellian 1984 society outlawing books, didn't the Nazis try that once too?

Harry.

Face it, the bible is incoherent, it's full of contradictive texts and is simply bogus, not true.

All knowledge does not rest on faith, fail. I do not have faith the sunshine shines from the sun globe, I know it does. I do not have faith that my brother is my brother, I know he is. I do not have faith the bible is bogus, I know it is.

So you believe God is only available to those who can decipher a coded languager. bhahahah it's get more ridiculous as we go on, I can't be bothered to even waste my time on the rest of your reply.

Wake up dude.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 10:37:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 10:35:25 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

That would lead to an Orwellian 1984 society outlawing books, didn't the Nazis try that once too?


While I am an atheist who completely disagrees with the idea of banning books or ideas, on the flip side, I hate it when people Godwin unironically.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 10:40:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 11:16:31 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater". So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater. So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.



This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

When I try quantum physics, I find it mind boggling, or even trying to read a doctor's note or maybe a morgage contract, or even the codes on law that we abide with. We should get rid of quantum physics, doctors and lawyers. Because most people can't understand them. Math should be for everyone to understand without going 5 yrs to University. So maybe you should look at the bible from a different perspective, not your own, spiritual things are spiritually discerned. You must apply yourself, as in studying a contract from a law firm. You need to know some basics first before you can move on. The bible wasn't written for the casual reader, like a common novel. You need to study to understand most things, like cemistry, to understand them well. Cemistry isn't boggus, jist because I can't understand it like a comic book, or going to a movie. We'll you may say, I get that, but unless you do some real study, yes, you will find, if you use your own reasoning, places that seem to be contradictive, to you.
The different angle, maybe trying, to let the holy spirit lead you into all truth. Thats one of the basics of understanding God in the bible, you know, SEEK and ye shall find.

So why not accept all the other so called holy books as well, on the basis that we can not understand them, or on the basis of accepting it upon faith by those who proclaim to.

Dude drop it. it's pathetic. The bible is litteraly bogus. As I said, if you are to accept them upon the principles that God is a quiz master and expects you to be also. then Good luck.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 10:42:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 1:22:19 AM, KeithKroeger91 wrote:

It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

Matthew 10:22.
Mark 13:13.
Luke 21:17.

"All men will hate you because of me"

Looks like another example.. Outlaw the Bible? really?

Wake up.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 11:46:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 10:37:10 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/3/2013 10:35:25 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

What does "bogus" mean? have you proven something about the Bible, if so what?

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

All knowledge rests on faith - things that are taken for granted because they cannot be proven as true. It is on faith that we beleive there are laws in physics - we cannot prove there are, we just keep inventing better and better approximations in the belief that things really are governed by mathematical laws rather than just appearing to be.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.

Well lets be careful here:

1. It is written in three ancient languages and these must be translated - an imperfect discipline.
2. How do you know the Bible is not coded in some way or other?
3. In Daniel it says that the Bible IS coded "sealed up until the time of the end".


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater".

If you choose to take that at face value and then insist you've found a contradiction then that's your right - but have you ever tried to see if these can be reconciled? if there may be a reason for what looks like a contradiction? might there be something deeper going on here? etc etc.

So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater.

What if you've misunderstood something? what if Christ was speaking the truth and in your haste or eagerness to reject the Bible you have missed something important?

So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.


You seem to say a lot about God yet reject the Bible as being true, so where did you get your ideas about what God is or what God is like etc?

This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

Let me say here that I think almost every single so-called contradiction I've examined is in fact not a contradiction at all. Many are due to translation subtleties or poor knowkedge of history or applying some linguistic standard that is unjustified and so on.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

That may be true but this does not serve as a proof that the Bible is bogus - in fact the Bible itself says that most of humanity is deeply confused and deceived, did you know that?

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.

Historically man has always turned his back on God, we see this with Adam and we see it repeated over and over in the OT as God gave chance after chance to the Israelites.

Claiming that the Bible must be bogus because people appear to reject it is not a sound argument.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

That would lead to an Orwellian 1984 society outlawing books, didn't the Nazis try that once too?

Harry.


Face it, the bible is incoherent, it's full of contradictive texts and is simply bogus, not true.

Well if that's the conclusion you've reached after methodical scrutiny and investigation with an open mind striving to find the truth of the matter, then what can I say? we clearly disagree and that's that.

All knowledge does not rest on faith, fail. I do not have faith the sunshine shines from the sun globe, I know it does. I do not have faith that my brother is my brother, I know he is. I do not have faith the bible is bogus, I know it is.

This is an error - you have no true knowledge about the Sun at all, you believe it exists because you have faith the human senses tell us something about the real world, you have faith that other minds exist and your's is not the only one (else you'd be a solopsist).

I'm not saying for one moment that that beleif is irrational - but I am saying these are beliefs - the belief that because you perceive something that there is an external cause - this is taken of faith.

The only thing that I can say with true certainty is that I exist, I am a sentient being - but anything beyond that is taken on faith.


So you believe God is only available to those who can decipher a coded languager. bhahahah it's get more ridiculous as we go on, I can't be bothered to even waste my time on the rest of your reply.

Did I write that? no I did not actually - if you had read what I wrote you'd see that I said no such thing; you are resorting to strawman tactics.

I also politely asked a few questions in my reply which you have chosen to ignore - if you can discuss this subject only with people who already agree with you then you should have said so and I would have never have wasted my own time by posting a response.

Wake up dude.

Is that the best you can come up with?

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 11:48:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 10:37:42 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 2/3/2013 10:35:25 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

That would lead to an Orwellian 1984 society outlawing books, didn't the Nazis try that once too?



While I am an atheist who completely disagrees with the idea of banning books or ideas, on the flip side, I hate it when people Godwin unironically.

So you're an atheist not an agnostic?

In that case please show me the argument that leads the conclusion "God does not exist"?

Harry.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 11:50:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 11:46:28 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/4/2013 10:37:10 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/3/2013 10:35:25 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
The bible is a completely bogus and I mean completely.

What does "bogus" mean? have you proven something about the Bible, if so what?

The people are not supposed to have blind faith, it is useless and won't last, only faith built on knowledge is able to stand strong.

All knowledge rests on faith - things that are taken for granted because they cannot be proven as true. It is on faith that we beleive there are laws in physics - we cannot prove there are, we just keep inventing better and better approximations in the belief that things really are governed by mathematical laws rather than just appearing to be.

But I find to understand the bible, or should I say those who pretend to understand the bible have some sort of ability to decipher coded language, God is not meant for only people who are good at pub quizzes.

Well lets be careful here:

1. It is written in three ancient languages and these must be translated - an imperfect discipline.
2. How do you know the Bible is not coded in some way or other?
3. In Daniel it says that the Bible IS coded "sealed up until the time of the end".


Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater".

If you choose to take that at face value and then insist you've found a contradiction then that's your right - but have you ever tried to see if these can be reconciled? if there may be a reason for what looks like a contradiction? might there be something deeper going on here? etc etc.

So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater.

What if you've misunderstood something? what if Christ was speaking the truth and in your haste or eagerness to reject the Bible you have missed something important?

So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.


You seem to say a lot about God yet reject the Bible as being true, so where did you get your ideas about what God is or what God is like etc?

This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

Let me say here that I think almost every single so-called contradiction I've examined is in fact not a contradiction at all. Many are due to translation subtleties or poor knowkedge of history or applying some linguistic standard that is unjustified and so on.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.

That may be true but this does not serve as a proof that the Bible is bogus - in fact the Bible itself says that most of humanity is deeply confused and deceived, did you know that?

Conclusion....... Bible is causing many people to turn their back on God due it's obvious confusing and contradictive statements. God is not only for those who are master at pub quizzes, or those who think they are.

Historically man has always turned his back on God, we see this with Adam and we see it repeated over and over in the OT as God gave chance after chance to the Israelites.

Claiming that the Bible must be bogus because people appear to reject it is not a sound argument.


It's time we stood up and outlawed this pollution in society. and if need be approach the evidence for God from another angle.

That would lead to an Orwellian 1984 society outlawing books, didn't the Nazis try that once too?

Harry.


Face it, the bible is incoherent, it's full of contradictive texts and is simply bogus, not true.

Well if that's the conclusion you've reached after methodical scrutiny and investigation with an open mind striving to find the truth of the matter, then what can I say? we clearly disagree and that's that.

All knowledge does not rest on faith, fail. I do not have faith the sunshine shines from the sun globe, I know it does. I do not have faith that my brother is my brother, I know he is. I do not have faith the bible is bogus, I know it is.

This is an error - you have no true knowledge about the Sun at all, you believe it exists because you have faith the human senses tell us something about the real world, you have faith that other minds exist and your's is not the only one (else you'd be a solopsist).

I'm not saying for one moment that that beleif is irrational - but I am saying these are beliefs - the belief that because you perceive something that there is an external cause - this is taken of faith.

The only thing that I can say with true certainty is that I exist, I am a sentient being - but anything beyond that is taken on faith.


So you believe God is only available to those who can decipher a coded languager. bhahahah it's get more ridiculous as we go on, I can't be bothered to even waste my time on the rest of your reply.

Did I write that? no I did not actually - if you had read what I wrote you'd see that I said no such thing; you are resorting to strawman tactics.

I also politely asked a few questions in my reply which you have chosen to ignore - if you can discuss this subject only with people who already agree with you then you should have said so and I would have never have wasted my own time by posting a response.

Wake up dude.

Is that the best you can come up with?


Harry.

Hahaha Is that the best you can come up with, I have no true knowledge the sun exists. hahahah, As I said come up with better arguments then I may take the time to proceed with the rest of your conclusions, but as of yet I won't waste my time, with someone who believes the Bible is real and the sun doesn't exist.

Get real and wake up.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:15:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 11:50:45 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/4/2013 11:46:28 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Is that the best you can come up with?


Harry.


Hahaha Is that the best you can come up with, I have no true knowledge the sun exists.

That's right you do not know with 100% certainy that the sun exists - try proving it and you will soon discover that your proof has to rest on assumptions and an assumed truth is not a truth.

If you had ever read anything about Philosophy or Epistemology then you'd know this.

hahahah, As I said come up with better arguments then I may take the time to proceed with the rest of your conclusions.

You are in desparate need of arguments my friend because you are the one making the bold assertions in your OP.

Present the hard evidence that proves 100% that the Bible was not inspired supernaturally? If there is no rock solid proof then you are wrong to speak dogmatically about this as you are doing.

Fact is that there is very little that one can prove with 100% certainty, like all of us you believe things that cannot be 100% proven and so that is belief, faith - inherent in this is choice - if one cannot prove A or ~A and must assume one or the other in order to make any sense of the world then our personal prejudices play far more of a role than any delusion that we have proven A or ~A.

You are too driven by your ego and that obsession with self, that prejudice against those who disagree with you is just that - prejudice - and prejudice is a barrier to the entrance of truth into any mind.

but as of yet I won't waste my time, with someone who believes the Bible is real and the sun doesn't exist.


Let me translate what you wrote "I refuse to discuss this with someone who knows what they're talking about and who disagrees with me, because it might hurt my ego and my poor little ego is rather delicate".

Now be careful how you tread or I may start discussing your affinity for Buddhism...

Wake up.

Harry.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 1:02:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 12:15:25 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/4/2013 11:50:45 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/4/2013 11:46:28 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Is that the best you can come up with?


Harry.


Hahaha Is that the best you can come up with, I have no true knowledge the sun exists.

That's right you do not know with 100% certainy that the sun exists - try proving it and you will soon discover that your proof has to rest on assumptions and an assumed truth is not a truth.

If you had ever read anything about Philosophy or Epistemology then you'd know this.

hahahah, As I said come up with better arguments then I may take the time to proceed with the rest of your conclusions.

You are in desparate need of arguments my friend because you are the one making the bold assertions in your OP.

Present the hard evidence that proves 100% that the Bible was not inspired supernaturally? If there is no rock solid proof then you are wrong to speak dogmatically about this as you are doing.

Fact is that there is very little that one can prove with 100% certainty, like all of us you believe things that cannot be 100% proven and so that is belief, faith - inherent in this is choice - if one cannot prove A or ~A and must assume one or the other in order to make any sense of the world then our personal prejudices play far more of a role than any delusion that we have proven A or ~A.

You are too driven by your ego and that obsession with self, that prejudice against those who disagree with you is just that - prejudice - and prejudice is a barrier to the entrance of truth into any mind.

but as of yet I won't waste my time, with someone who believes the Bible is real and the sun doesn't exist.


Let me translate what you wrote "I refuse to discuss this with someone who knows what they're talking about and who disagrees with me, because it might hurt my ego and my poor little ego is rather delicate".

Now be careful how you tread or I may start discussing your affinity for Buddhism...

Wake up.

Harry.

In fact I do know the sun 100% exists, it's not a question of philosphy but a scientific fact, as I said, you want to doubt the sun exists but accept the bible as truth, this is a ridiculous anology. I will not even read or continue further with your responses, as your first response is so baseless.

The sun is real and you need to get real....Wake up.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 1:14:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/5/2013 1:02:02 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/4/2013 12:15:25 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/4/2013 11:50:45 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/4/2013 11:46:28 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Is that the best you can come up with?


Harry.


Hahaha Is that the best you can come up with, I have no true knowledge the sun exists.

That's right you do not know with 100% certainy that the sun exists - try proving it and you will soon discover that your proof has to rest on assumptions and an assumed truth is not a truth.

If you had ever read anything about Philosophy or Epistemology then you'd know this.

hahahah, As I said come up with better arguments then I may take the time to proceed with the rest of your conclusions.

You are in desparate need of arguments my friend because you are the one making the bold assertions in your OP.

Present the hard evidence that proves 100% that the Bible was not inspired supernaturally? If there is no rock solid proof then you are wrong to speak dogmatically about this as you are doing.

Fact is that there is very little that one can prove with 100% certainty, like all of us you believe things that cannot be 100% proven and so that is belief, faith - inherent in this is choice - if one cannot prove A or ~A and must assume one or the other in order to make any sense of the world then our personal prejudices play far more of a role than any delusion that we have proven A or ~A.

You are too driven by your ego and that obsession with self, that prejudice against those who disagree with you is just that - prejudice - and prejudice is a barrier to the entrance of truth into any mind.

but as of yet I won't waste my time, with someone who believes the Bible is real and the sun doesn't exist.


Let me translate what you wrote "I refuse to discuss this with someone who knows what they're talking about and who disagrees with me, because it might hurt my ego and my poor little ego is rather delicate".

Now be careful how you tread or I may start discussing your affinity for Buddhism...

Wake up.

Harry.

In fact I do know the sun 100% exists, it's not a question of philosphy but a scientific fact, as I said, you want to doubt the sun exists but accept the bible as truth, this is a ridiculous anology. I will not even read or continue further with your responses, as your first response is so baseless.



The sun is real and you need to get real....Wake up.

How do you know the scientists were correct?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 1:21:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 3:02:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Most people, ( Myself included ) find the bible riddled with contradictive statements, Such as believers claiming Jesus is God but then Jesus himself says, "the one who sent me is greater". So If there is another greater than Jesus then Jesus is not God, God is defined as supreme in the very least, Supreme means first in rank or authority, Jesus clearly states, The one who sent me is greater. So Jesus is not the highest authority or the first in rank, ultimately Jesus is not God. And for those who wish to argue that Jesus as God lowered his status to a man, is another bogus argument, God is immutable, God does not change or lower his rank, God is at all times God.

This is a glaring example of why Christians don't take non-believers seriously.

First thing to point out, is that Christ was God incarnate. He took on the flesh, and thus reduced himself to below the angels. He did die, remember?

This doesn't mean he was God, but that as a man, he wasn't as great as God. Not very hard to make sense of.

Phil. 2:5-8
"Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

Heb. 2:9
"But we do see Him who has been made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone."

Christ humbled himself, and conformed to the limitedness of man. So, yes, in his human form Christ was not as great as the father, who remained in his nature.


This is just one single argument amongst many, in fact countless, that prove the bible to be contradictive.

This is the main reason people turn their back into further trying to understand God, they think the bible is an actual representation of God, when in fact it's a bogus book with many confusing elements, thus causing many people to turn their back on God.


It's not contradictive, it's common sense. The reason people turn their back on God, is beacuse it's in our nature to do so. We love our sin, and we hate God.

The bible, is deep, but not bogus. The only way a person can be nurished by the word, is if God brings that person to life.. otherwise it will be as usefull as a feast to a corpse.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.