Jump to topic:

Poop Benedict Resigns!!!!!!

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 6:31:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Excellent news from the vatican today, Poop benedict XVI Resigns!

Vatican officials said Monday that Pope Benedict XVI had announced to his senior clergy that he would resign his position as the head of the Roman Catholic Church on February 28, according to multiple news agencies which received a transcript of his remarks.

Benedict has dealt with health issues for some time, and the 85-year-old announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals Monday morning, according to the Associated Press. The move took almost all Vatican observers, and millions of Catholics around the world, by surprise.

He said that because of his advanced age and diminishing strength, he didn't feel he could carry on the job.

Reuters quoted the Pope as saying he was "fully aware of the gravity" of his resignation.

The 265th Pontiff, Benedict would be the first leader of the Church to step down voluntarily in almost six centuries. He has led the Church since 2005 through a tumultuous time that has seen him criticized for his handling of the scandal related to years of sexual abuse of young parishioners by priests and other clergy, and senior church officials' alleged moves to hide those actions.

http://www.cbsnews.com...

I think this calls for a little celebration music eh? Now, let's arrest that whako and try him for the sex scandal against children.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 6:38:09 AM
It's not excellent news. There'll be another pope in a month or so.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 7:02:28 AM
It's the death of Roman Catholicism. It makes the role of Pontiff look like a seat on the city schoolboard. What a remarkable time we live in.
Is it weird that I'm worried by this? I'm not even Catholic, but this somehow feels ominous.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 7:10:51 AM
I'm going to predict an advancing surge of Islam. The Catholic Church has always been a sort of wall between the east and the west. A weakened church in this era is a prime opportunity for a "moderate" Islam to swoop in and leave it's mark in an uncertain Europe.
Or....this might be the beginning of the end for Monopoly religions.

Or....it may be largely inconsequential, since most Catholics aren't exactly devout.
Vidi, vici, veni.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 7:13:48 AM
No Islam would be bad for Europe since they would start imposing Seria Law
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 7:35:37 AM
At 2/11/2013 7:13:48 AM, lannan13 wrote:
No Islam would be bad for Europe since they would start imposing Seria Law

It's Sharia Law and I clearly wrote "moderate" Islam, not "fundamentalistic Islam".

Obviously it would be bad for Europe. Just look at France.
Vidi, vici, veni.
TrasguTravieso
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 8:23:20 AM
Pope Benedict has been one of the best Pontiffs in recent memory. He has taken steps towards Christian unity and set the ground for the in-house cleaning that is necessary for the Church to continue vibrantly into the future. This is not a cataclysm, the College of Cardinals will elect a new pope and we will keep proclaiming the gospel as we have for the last 2000 years.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 9:28:15 AM
I think we all know the real reason -- he recognises St. Dogknox's divine authority.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 9:29:07 AM
At 2/11/2013 9:28:15 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
I think we all know the real reason -- he recognises St. Dogknox's divine authority.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:04:34 AM
At 2/11/2013 7:02:28 AM, Heineken wrote:
It's the death of Roman Catholicism.

I don't think so. If Catholicism can survive having three popes at once, all ex-communicating each other, they can survive this. Catholicism isn't going anywhere for a long time.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:13:33 AM
At 2/11/2013 8:23:20 AM, TrasguTravieso wrote:
Pope Benedict has been one of the best Pontiffs in recent memory. He has taken steps towards Christian unity and set the ground for the in-house cleaning that is necessary for the Church to continue vibrantly into the future. This is not a cataclysm, the College of Cardinals will elect a new pope and we will keep proclaiming the gospel as we have for the last 2000 years.

I try not to talk overmuch smack about the Catholic Church. It's an easy target in recent years, and I've got a soft spot for her. But to claim that Benedict has been one of the best Pontiffs in recent memory is staggering.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:41:36 AM
At 2/11/2013 10:13:33 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I try not to talk overmuch smack about the Catholic Church. It's an easy target in recent years, and I've got a soft spot for her. But to claim that Benedict has been one of the best Pontiffs in recent memory is staggering.

I think the one before him was one of the best ones there have been.... I think.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:45:25 AM
At 2/11/2013 10:41:36 AM, imabench wrote:

I think the one before him was one of the best ones there have been.... I think.

At least until the end there, when things started to get squirrely a little bit.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:47:55 AM
It's the death of Roman Catholicism. It makes the role of Pontiff look like a seat on the city schoolboard. What a remarkable time we live in.
Is it weird that I'm worried by this? I'm not even Catholic, but this somehow feels ominous.

I think you are still deep deep down.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:50:49 AM
At 2/11/2013 10:45:25 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 2/11/2013 10:41:36 AM, imabench wrote:

At least until the end there, when things started to get squirrely a little bit.

Who cares what kind of senile sh*t he pulled at the end. Catholics should only be concerned with his ex cathedra declaration.
I liked JP. He's got more street credit than Wheezy or 50. Just sayin'....
(Pours 40 oz. out over Catholic Catechism).
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 10:52:43 AM
At 2/11/2013 10:47:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Is it weird that I'm worried by this? I'm not even Catholic, but this somehow feels ominous.http://www.debate.org...#

Still? In my Bible thumpin' days I was fiercely reformed protestant. I'm northern German for Christ sake. My whole family is Lutheran. I'm the anti-catholic by heritage.....
Vidi, vici, veni.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:17:10 AM
At 2/11/2013 10:52:43 AM, Heineken wrote:
Is it weird that I'm worried by this? I'm not even Catholic, but this somehow feels ominous.http://www.debate.org...#

Still? In my Bible thumpin' days I was fiercely reformed protestant. I'm northern German for Christ sake. My whole family is Lutheran. I'm the anti-catholic by heritage.....

So have you completly renounced the church? Just curious?

Was just kidding earlier btw.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:29:53 AM
Did no one notice the OP calls him "Poop Benedict"?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:31:18 AM
At 2/11/2013 11:17:10 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/11/2013 10:52:43 AM, Heineken wrote:

So have you completely renounced the church? Just curious?
No, the whole renouncing thing reeks of "knowing the truth". I have no idea if God exists or if the Church is composed of his chosen people. I just know that I don't have (what Baptists call) saving faith. I simply don't believe and after much prayer...my lack of faith grew worse. Either God is not real or simply not interested. I just know that there is nothing I can further do to manifest faith.
In my last prayer, I said "if you want me, you know where to find me."

There is no ill will toward the church or religion in general. I mean, I get it. I understand why people pursue God. I even like the Bible and it's virtues. I just don't....reconcile it as being a functional mechanism for finding God. Something is missing.

I'm gonna do what my Grandfather told me to do. "At the very least, be at peace with God, whatever you may hold for him."

Was just kidding earlier btw.
Vidi, vici, veni.
TrasguTravieso
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:34:49 AM
to claim that Benedict has been one of the best Pontiffs in recent memory is staggering.

His encyclicals (Spes Salvi, Deus Caritas Est and Caritas in Veritate) are among the most beautiful Encyclicals the Church has produced; he has gone a great way towards normalizing the situation in the Church after Vatican II (with his indications on the hermeneutics of continuity), advancing towards complete union with those who left the Church in its wake; he has advanced in Ecumenism more than any save JPII (conversations with the Orthodox and some Protestant Churches) took a gigantic step with the Anglican Communion with Anglicanorum Coetibus. Not to mention his reformation of Church law in order to hasten de-frocking of pedophile priests and putting in place rules to immediately turn them over to the authorities, as well as starting the purge of the Church in the US and Ireland, among other countries, even getting bishops to resign.

I could go on, but I'm bored and opposition to the pope tends to be more emotional than rational, so mountains of facts really have little effect iin these conversations.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:39:29 AM
At 2/11/2013 11:34:49 AM, TrasguTravieso wrote:
to claim that Benedict has been one of the best Pontiffs in recent memory is staggering.

His encyclicals (Spes Salvi, Deus Caritas Est and Caritas in Veritate) are among the most beautiful Encyclicals the Church has produced; he has gone a great way towards normalizing the situation in the Church after Vatican II (with his indications on the hermeneutics of continuity), advancing towards complete union with those who left the Church in its wake; he has advanced in Ecumenism more than any save JPII (conversations with the Orthodox and some Protestant Churches) took a gigantic step with the Anglican Communion with Anglicanorum Coetibus. Not to mention his reformation of Church law in order to hasten de-frocking of pedophile priests and putting in place rules to immediately turn them over to the authorities, as well as starting the purge of the Church in the US and Ireland, among other countries, even getting bishops to resign.

I could go on, but I'm bored and opposition to the pope tends to be more emotional than rational, so mountains of facts really have little effect iin these conversations.

Well written rebuttal. You should apply to the Vatican public relations office.
Vidi, vici, veni.
TrasguTravieso
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:57:52 AM
At 2/11/2013 11:39:29 AM, Heineken wrote:

Well written rebuttal. You should apply to the Vatican public relations office.

Who do you think sent me? ;)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 11:58:48 AM
According ex-Illuminati Grand Master Leo Zagami who has close contact with the Vatican, Pope Ratzinger is a gay practicing black magician, and gets his orders from the Black Pope of the Jesuits.

That might have something to do with it. He was probably getting close to being exposed, now he will be outside of public scrutiny.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:08:57 PM
At 2/11/2013 11:58:48 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
According ex-Illuminati Grand Master Leo Zagami who has close contact with the Vatican, Pope Ratzinger is a gay practicing black magician, and gets his orders from the Black Pope of the Jesuits.

That might have something to do with it. He was probably getting close to being exposed, now he will be outside of public scrutiny.

Jesus Christ....lay off the bath-salts.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:15:32 PM

Any other person on the planet, I'd immediately say they were joking.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:49:18 PM
At 2/11/2013 12:15:32 PM, Wnope wrote:

At 2/11/2013 12:08:57 PM, Heineken wrote:

I fail to see which part of that report is far-fetched. Mega-church pastors in the past like Ted Haggard have been caught having gay sex before, the Catholic church was involved in the cover up of bishops and priests molesting children, and the Jesuit Black Pope has been known to possess a lot of power, this is all well known.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:55:15 PM

I love you.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:58:47 PM

I want to live in your universe for a day.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 1:05:44 PM
At 2/11/2013 12:49:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/11/2013 12:15:32 PM, Wnope wrote:

At 2/11/2013 12:08:57 PM, Heineken wrote:

I fail to see which part of that report is far-fetched. Mega-church pastors in the past like Ted Haggard have been caught having gay sex before, the Catholic church was involved in the cover up of bishops and priests molesting children, and the Jesuit Black Pope has been known to possess a lot of power, this is all well known(*).

Perhaps if I joined a fringe community of schizotypal nut-bags who wallpaper their double-wide trailer with tin-foil....then this (*) would be:
a.> Widely known
b.> Widely accepted
c.> A sensible conclusion
d.> A topic of conversation with a stranger on a business-class flight.
e.> Interesting.
f.> Not symptomatic of dementia.
g.> Indicative that you live near high-tension power lines.
Vidi, vici, veni.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 1:10:52 PM
I bet if I said Pope Ratzinger was once a Hitler Youth and was born in the city where Illuminati was formally organized, you wouldn't believe me, but that is in fact the case.

http://www.biography.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat