Jump to topic:

Does it make a difference who the next Pedoph

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 6:16:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Does it make a difference who the next Pedophile Protecting Pope will be?

The Western Governments did not have the balls to take the last one to task and step up for their ruined children so does it really matter who the next pervert is to enjoy immunity from justice?

There is a chance of course that the next Pope will be better but I give it low odds. Do you?

Regards
DL
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 6:59:39 PM
At 2/12/2013 6:16:12 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

The Western Governments did not have the balls to take the last one to task and step up for their ruined children so does it really matter who the next pervert is to enjoy immunity from justice?

There is a chance of course that the next Pope will be better but I give it low odds. Do you?

Regards
DL

"Better" in this case is a fairly low bar, so I give it 50/50. Now, if you'd asked if I thought the new one would be "Good", that would be something else entirely, neh?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:07:58 PM

Regards
DL

Funny video.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:14:10 PM
I am informed that the next paedophile protector could be a black-skinned as_shole!

It is also known that in many countries the various popeys including the one that just dumped his job also covered up catholic priests that raped catholic nuns, made them pregnant & then forced abortions on them all under the watchful eye of the paedophile protecting popeys!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:42:19 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:14:10 PM, Composer wrote:
I am informed that the next paedophile protector could be a black-skinned as_shole!

Just what we need: an infallible jig-a-boo

It is also known that in many countries the various popeys including the one that just dumped his job also covered up catholic priests that raped catholic nuns, made them pregnant & then forced abortions on them all under the watchful eye of the paedophile protecting popeys!

Bachelor priests having sex with sworn-to-celibacy nuns is nothing new: that's why some countries (Germany, for instance) banned nunneries. Correct: they made convents subject to state inspection, and the pope shut them down rather than allow the state to have a look inside. It's quite a shame that the picture of Christianity that some folks have is ... Catholicism.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:12:49 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:42:19 PM, annanicole wrote:

Bachelor priests having sex with sworn-to-celibacy nuns is nothing new: that's why some countries (Germany, for instance) banned nunneries. Correct: they made convents subject to state inspection, and the pope shut them down rather than allow the state to have a look inside. It's quite a shame that the picture of Christianity that some folks have is ... Catholicism.

Worse things then what happens now a days, were ordered by god in the bible. I think it's a shame that people have Christianity.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:41:48 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:12:49 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Worse things then what happens now a days, were ordered by god in the bible. I think it's a shame that people have Christianity.

Hmmm ... Name something involving Christianity that is a "worse thing then that". I do not find Christianity to embrace anything of the sort.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:44:23 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:41:48 PM, annanicole wrote:

Hmmm ... Name something involving Christianity that is a "worse thing then that". I do not find Christianity to embrace anything of the sort.

Worse thing then what?

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:47:34 PM

Depends on your definition of "anything of the sort". The Bible embraces slavery, murder, genocide, and rape, but it does so as separate things.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:48:17 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:44:23 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Worse thing then what?

I dunno. He was the one that made the comment about things that were "worse things then that". I just wondered what he saw in Christianity that was worse than pedophilia/forced celibacy or something.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:56:57 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:48:17 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/12/2013 8:44:23 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Worse thing then what?

I dunno. He was the one that made the comment about things that were "worse things then that". I just wondered what he saw in Christianity that was worse than pedophilia/forced celibacy or something.

It was me who posted that, and I specifically said that worse things were ordered by god himself in the bible. I don't know if they happend, but they are in there. For instance 2 kings 2-23-24 and Ezekiel 9:5-7.

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:06:24 PM
Oh. Possibly. I never paid any attention to it. You'll occasionally have people who assert that God is/was immoral or unjust or something. Most of these folks, however, are but Biblical smatterers: the extent of their Biblical knowledge is alleged contradictions +/- supposedly "immoral, unjust" actions or orders of God. I remember asking one to distinguish "eis" and "dia" and "en" in koine Greek. Not a clue. But the boy was up on "contradictions" and "immoralities" - as long as he had access to certain websites to point 'em out for him. Pfffffft.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:24:04 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:06:24 PM, annanicole wrote:
Oh. Possibly. I never paid any attention to it. You'll occasionally have people who assert that God is/was immoral or unjust or something. Most of these folks, however, are but Biblical smatterers: the extent of their Biblical knowledge is alleged contradictions +/- supposedly "immoral, unjust" actions or orders of God. I remember asking one to distinguish "eis" and "dia" and "en" in koine Greek. Not a clue. But the boy was up on "contradictions" and "immoralities" - as long as he had access to certain websites to point 'em out for him. Pfffffft.

That's a bit unfair. A lack of understanding of Greek doesn't preclude one from being able to discuss Plato, and a lack of in-depth knowledge of propositional use in koine Greek doesn't necessarily mean that the argument is invalid...you can explain how it's invalid, if it is, and explain the difference, but it's unfair to be quite so dismissive of someone who doesn't know them already, and/or someone who uses another reference for assistance.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:28:11 PM

I cannot distinguish any of those, and I am up of immoralities in the bible. But the reason I am up in immoralities is because it comes up in my debates with Christians, while I have never had to be able to distinguish those.

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:45:00 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:24:04 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

That's a bit unfair. A lack of understanding of Greek doesn't preclude one from being able to discuss Plato, and a lack of in-depth knowledge of propositional use in koine Greek doesn't necessarily mean that the argument is invalid...you can explain how it's invalid, if it is, and explain the difference, but it's unfair to be quite so dismissive of someone who doesn't know them already, and/or someone who uses another reference for assistance.

A lack of understanding of Greek, in this case classial Greek rather than koine, certainly detracts from one's understanding of Plato. That's one reason (of several) that I wouldn't discuss Plato much with literary experts. And, yes, it may at times be unfair to be dismissive of those who have practically no Biblical knowledge. Honestly, I'm not so dismissive as a rule - unless they are attempting to discuss religion or the Bible.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:50:16 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:28:11 PM, muzebreak wrote:

I cannot distinguish any of those, and I am up of immoralities in the bible. But the reason I am up in immoralities is because it comes up in my debates with Christians, while I have never had to be able to distinguish those.

You mean a Christian would set him up in debate to defend the Bible against what you felt were immoralities, based upon your Biblical interpretations, historical knowledge, and opinions on morality? LMAO. How does that work out for them?
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:52:27 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:50:16 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/12/2013 9:28:11 PM, muzebreak wrote:

You mean a Christian would set him up in debate to defend the Bible against what you felt were immoralities, based upon your Biblical interpretations, historical knowledge, and opinions on morality? LMAO. How does that work out for them?

Set who up?

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:52:27 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:45:00 PM, annanicole wrote:

A lack of understanding of Greek, in this case classial Greek rather than koine, certainly detracts from one's understanding of Plato. That's one reason (of several) that I wouldn't discuss Plato much with literary experts. And, yes, it may at times be unfair to be dismissive of those who have practically no Biblical knowledge. Honestly, I'm not so dismissive as a rule - unless they are attempting to discuss religion or the Bible.

It CAN detract, but it doesn't have to, particularly if there is a good translation. I don't see why you have to be so dismissive; if the person is wrong because of the specific translation, it should be trivial for you to say "Actually, what you're describing is a mistranslation because of X", particularly in the case you mentioned.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 10:21:14 PM
At 2/12/2013 10:16:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
himself *

Ok.

So when was it that I said any of that? I simply said that in my debates, and I mean debate as in both actual debates and arguments, with Christians the immorality/morality of the Christian god is brought up. Sometimes by me, sometimes by them. And as such I am reasonably familiar with immoralities in the bible. On the other hand, I have never discussed any kind of Greek. I share that lack of experience with a large portion of humanity.

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 10:59:22 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:47:34 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Depends on your definition of "anything of the sort". The Bible embraces slavery, murder, genocide, and rape, but it does so as separate things.

The Bible doesn't embrace rape. If you're referring to the law that required a man to marry the girl he rapes, well, you are viewing it under the wrong lens.

The law says that a man who rapes a virgin MUST marry her and CANNOT divorce her.

This is during a time where #1, virginity was extremely important and it was difficult to get married if you weren't a virgin, #2, you pretty much HAD to get married as a woman... being married meant having children to take care of you in your old age, and a husband to work for your food, not being married meant being alone to die in the wilderness... #3, men were normally allowed to divorce their wives... but in the case of rape, you couldn't. You had to take care of this girl for the rest of your life, care and provide for her and her children, etc.

Men were punished for rape. So I don't see how rape is embraced.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 11:01:14 PM
annanicole, I've had debates on the Bible and I'm no Greek or Hebrew scholar... I don't know much about either. But all my answers were a simple Google away....
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 11:04:11 PM
At 2/12/2013 10:21:14 PM, muzebreak wrote:
himself *

Ok.

So when was it that I said any of that? I simply said that in my debates, and I mean debate as in both actual debates and arguments, with Christians the immorality/morality of the Christian god is brought up. Sometimes by me, sometimes by them. And as such I am reasonably familiar with immoralities in the bible. On the other hand, I have never discussed any kind of Greek. I share that lack of experience with a large portion of humanity.

There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd hate to discuss the Bible without at least a working knowledge of the Greek language. Too many shades of meaning, too many mistranslations, too many idioms. One problem is that some Greek words simply have no English equivalent - not even a two-or-three word English equivalent. Another is theological bias (which is unavoidable) - but still ... there are entire "translations" such as the New World which offer nothing other than support for a particular hobby.

The other major problem (and the reason I said "set himself up") is that that line of discussion is necessarily dependent upon what you, or I, or anyone terms morality or moral or immoral. For instance:

God destroyed the world by flood because the world was wicked.
Innocent infants perished in the flood.
Therefore, God killed the innocent along with the guilty.
I do not think that is "moral".
The proverbial question: "Do you think killing the innocent is moral?"
Thus, I'll decline belief in the Bible because I think God behaved immorally.

Im not saying you make any shallow-minded arguments like that - but I've seen them on here; I wouldn't make it either. But that type of thing is what a Christian who decides to debate the morality of God's action "sets himself up" for. Notice it takes about 5 half-lines to make the argument, but it would take multiple paragraphs to adequately answer it.

I knew one atheist (not on here) who was also a friend. His strategy? Make three decent brief arguments and make them broad. A theist would type endlessly trying to answer and finally get fed up.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 11:10:35 PM
At 2/12/2013 11:04:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/12/2013 10:21:14 PM, muzebreak wrote:
himself *

Ok.

There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd hate to discuss the Bible without at least a working knowledge of the Greek language. Too many shades of meaning, too many mistranslations, too many idioms. One problem is that some Greek words simply have no English equivalent - not even a two-or-three word English equivalent. Another is theological bias (which is unavoidable) - but still ... there are entire "translations" such as the New World which offer nothing other than support for a particular hobby.

The other major problem (and the reason I said "set himself up") is that that line of discussion is necessarily dependent upon what you, or I, or anyone terms morality or moral or immoral. For instance:

God destroyed the world by flood because the world was wicked.
Innocent infants perished in the flood.
Therefore, God killed the innocent along with the guilty.
I do not think that is "moral".
The proverbial question: "Do you think killing the innocent is moral?"
Thus, I'll decline belief in the Bible because I think God behaved immorally.

Im not saying you make any shallow-minded arguments like that - but I've seen them on here; I wouldn't make it either. But that type of thing is what a Christian who decides to debate the morality of God's action "sets himself up" for. Notice it takes about 5 half-lines to make the argument, but it would take multiple paragraphs to adequately answer it.

I knew one atheist (not on here) who was also a friend. His strategy? Make three decent brief arguments and make them broad. A theist would type endlessly trying to answer and finally get fed up.

I can seen your point on the Greek, but if you believe there has been a mistranslation then as blade said, simply correct it, or at least just say what you just said to me rather then admonishing someone for not speaking ancient greek. And when I say that the immorality has come up, it usually comes up in the form of the problem of evil. And in showing clear contradictions. I have also had debates solely on whether the god of the bible has commanded murder.

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:36:53 AM
At 2/12/2013 7:07:58 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Regards
DL

Funny video.

Just so you know. Your sig is B S.

Homosexuality has no relation to pedophilia any more than a rapist has to heterosexuality.

One is sexual preference and the other is a control crime.

Regards
DL
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:40:00 AM
At 2/13/2013 8:36:53 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards
DL

Funny video.

Homosexuality has no relation to pedophilia any more than a rapist has to heterosexuality.

Regards
DL

It's a quote from Medic0506, not my opinion.

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:42:00 AM

How about their genocidal son murdering God?

How about embracing human sacrifice and the notion that it is good justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:50:19 AM
At 2/13/2013 8:40:00 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Regards
DL

Funny video.

Regards
DL

Perhaps but you wold not pass on such lies if you did not believe them.

Why else would you denigrate homosexuals without just cause?

You are judged by what you write.

Regards
DL
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:59:57 AM
At 2/13/2013 8:42:00 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
How about embracing human sacrifice and the notion that it is good justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty?

Story book jebus wasn't innocent -

e.g. Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. (Heb. 7:27) KJV Story book

&

Therefore he had28 to be made like his brothers and sisters29 in every respect, . . . . (Heb. 2:17) NET Story book

So IF everyone (brothers & sisters) are created innate sinners, then so too was Story book jebus or else Heb. 2:17 is a lie!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 9:01:23 AM
At 2/13/2013 8:50:19 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:40:00 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Regards
DL

Funny video.

Regards
DL

Perhaps but you wold not pass on such lies if you did not believe them.

Why else would you denigrate homosexuals without just cause?

You are judged by what you write.

I thought she didn't write it?

Regards
DL
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!