Jump to topic:

Content?

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 2:16:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
O are thy content? That is content altogether. Things come and go, you have a love for one thing and it is gone soon enough.

Death is upon us all, and all that you love in this world will be no more. You shall leave with nothing of this world, so what value is it you love of this world really? The tree blow in the wind with or without you, as if you are here one minute and gone the next. What real difference is there if you exist at all? Are you content with total inner peace? Assurance that you can know, whether or not this world makes much of you.
Soon you will be dead in the ground and the things you loved of this world will matter to you no more.

It is time to awaken in the one and only person that can make you totally at peace with yourself, Jesus Christ. Knowing Him, the creator of the universe will bring totally peace within. Amen.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 12:23:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/14/2013 2:16:44 AM, GodSands wrote:
O are thy content? That is content altogether.

Yeah, I guess. My life is nice. I suppose I am content.

Things come and go, you have a love for one thing and it is gone soon :enough.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. Are you trying to say that nothing you love lasts long?

Death is upon us all,

It doesn't have to be. H+ ftw.

and all that you love in this world will be no more. You shall leave with :nothing of this world, so what value is it you love of this world really?

What do you mean "what value"? Do you mean why do people have love for things that will soon be gone? Because that is fairly simple. It feels good while it lasts.

The tree blow in the wind with or without you,

Not necessarily true. If someone launched enough missiles, they could change this. And if someone else managed to get rid of all missiles, or developed a way to intercept and disarm them mid air, then they would have had such an effect on the world. People can change the future.

as if you are here one minute and gone the next. What real difference is :there if you exist at all?

Without Abraham Lincoln, slavery would have probably lasted a lot longer.

Are you content with total inner peace?

Yes I would be content with that, by the very definition of inner peace. But I think you are asking if I have total inner peace. The answer is no, and I wouldn't want to. It would be boring.

Assurance that you can know, whether or not this world makes much of :you.
Soon you will be dead in the ground and the things you loved of this :world will matter to you no more.

This is assuming there is no after life, and that the technology for immortality isn't developed before I die.

It is time to awaken in the one and only person that can make you totally at peace with yourself, Jesus Christ.

Wrong.

Knowing Him, the creator of the universe will bring totally peace within. :Amen.

So every Christian has complete inner peace?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.