Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

First Human Deity

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 6:56:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/19/2013 6:47:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Read: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting. The only prior knowledge I had with regards to the Collyridians was that they were most probably the inspiration behind stuff like this:

'And when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.' -
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 4:01:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes, this is the first human deity, but it should be noted that it is definitely not the first deity. The mother-goddess figure appeared with the rise of agriculture. Before that, totemism, shamanism, the animal-based worship was common.
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:08:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 12:41:45 PM, Pennington wrote:
Lord God Almighty was the first human deity and then others followed.

Not the first worshiped, according to any archaeological evidence.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:12:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 1:08:02 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 12:41:45 PM, Pennington wrote:
Lord God Almighty was the first human deity and then others followed.

Not the first worshiped, according to any archaeological evidence.

Really? What evidence, simply what we have unearthed? Thats all you go by in this life?
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 1:12:18 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 1:08:02 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 12:41:45 PM, Pennington wrote:
Lord God Almighty was the first human deity and then others followed.

Not the first worshiped, according to any archaeological evidence.

Really? What evidence, simply what we have unearthed?

See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".

Thats all you go by in this life?

Evidence? That's all I go by when determining what is true, although occasionally logic makes a guest appearance.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 1:12:18 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 1:08:02 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 12:41:45 PM, Pennington wrote:
Lord God Almighty was the first human deity and then others followed.

Not the first worshiped, according to any archaeological evidence.

Really? What evidence, simply what we have unearthed?

See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Thats all you go by in this life?

Evidence? That's all I go by when determining what is true, although occasionally logic makes a guest appearance.:

Fair enough. Logic appears alot more in my mind.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:38:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Deity worship prior to any recorded or artifactual evidence of the worship of the God of Abraham.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:52:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:38:53 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Deity worship prior to any recorded or artifactual evidence of the worship of the God of Abraham.:

Hmm....Except the record in the Bible of the God of Abraham being worshipped from the very first humans to ever exist.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:56:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:52:38 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:38:53 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Deity worship prior to any recorded or artifactual evidence of the worship of the God of Abraham.:

Hmm....Except the record in the Bible of the God of Abraham being worshipped from the very first humans to ever exist.

Watch out guys, we got a YEC over here.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:56:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This post claims the first human deity. Well there is no evidence for that at all. The only evidence there is is that this deity was worshipped, it is old enough to be one of the oldest deities but no evidence it was the oldest. To claim it is the oldest is just a estimation and nothing more. It is just a opinion because you can not prove swat.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:58:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:56:32 PM, Pennington wrote:
This post claims the first human deity. Well there is no evidence for that at all. The only evidence there is is that this deity was worshipped, it is old enough to be one of the oldest deities but no evidence it was the oldest. To claim it is the oldest is just a estimation and nothing more. It is just a opinion because you can not prove swat.

You hear that guy's? You can't prove swat. All you got is your opinion. Might as well pack it up and leave this thread now.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:09:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:56:15 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Watch out guys, we got a YEC over here.;

So, YEC are feared in these waters. I chuckled at that. Never miss the word faith in the Bible and its importance. My faith stands were it stands and I do not need scientific evidence to support me, even though alot does. Kinda leaves us in the same boat don't it? You can claim so much that disproves YEC but yet there is so much that disagrees with evolution also as a whole. In the end I have faith in God and what He has given to us through His word and you have faith in scientific evidences only for the most part. Never thinking that the scientific evidence is also interpreted by someone who determines what it means and what if all those people are wrong? It can happen because it has happened before.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:12:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:09:40 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:56:15 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Watch out guys, we got a YEC over here.;

So, YEC are feared in these waters. I chuckled at that. Never miss the word faith in the Bible and its importance. My faith stands were it stands and I do not need scientific evidence to support me, even though alot does. Kinda leaves us in the same boat don't it? You can claim so much that disproves YEC but yet there is so much that disagrees with evolution also as a whole. In the end I have faith in God and what He has given to us through His word and you have faith in scientific evidences only for the most part. Never thinking that the scientific evidence is also interpreted by someone who determines what it means and what if all those people are wrong? It can happen because it has happened before.

Define faith.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:23:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:12:52 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Define faith.:

Having faith doesn't mean believing with no proof or evidence. On the contrary, faith is believing in something without seeing it or touching it. There can be tons of evidence in something that still requires faith in it. EX. Billions believe in God. We have religious texts, religious practices and testimonies of God by billions of people. These are all evidence that God exist but we still must have faith because God doesn't appear to us nor does He touch us with physical hands for us to know He is there. We have faith that He is there by the evidence of our brothers and sisters and along with our personnel experiences.

Faith is belief in the unseen.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:26:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:23:20 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 3:12:52 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Define faith.:

Having faith doesn't mean believing with no proof or evidence. On the contrary, faith is believing in something without seeing it or touching it. There can be tons of evidence in something that still requires faith in it. EX. Billions believe in God. We have religious texts, religious practices and testimonies of God by billions of people. These are all evidence that God exist but we still must have faith because God doesn't appear to us nor does He touch us with physical hands for us to know He is there. We have faith that He is there by the evidence of our brothers and sisters and along with our personnel experiences.

Faith is belief in the unseen.

By that definition I most certainly have faith. But none of those things you mentioned are in any way what so ever evidence for a god.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:29:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:26:03 PM, muzebreak wrote:
By that definition I most certainly have faith. But none of those things you mentioned are in any way what so ever evidence for a god.:

Oh..Yes they are. Are they evidences you are happy with? Maybe not! Either way those are evidences, just not evidences you accept.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:32:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:29:58 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 3:26:03 PM, muzebreak wrote:
By that definition I most certainly have faith. But none of those things you mentioned are in any way what so ever evidence for a god.:

Oh..Yes they are. Are they evidences you are happy with? Maybe not! Either way those are evidences, just not evidences you accept.

Explain how a religious text is evidence of a god.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:42:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 2:52:38 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:38:53 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Deity worship prior to any recorded or artifactual evidence of the worship of the God of Abraham.:

Hmm....Except the record in the Bible of the God of Abraham being worshipped from the very first humans to ever exist.

The old testament was written roughly in 1400-1200 BCE, and the Venus of Willendorf dates to 24,000 BCE, making it almost twice as old. If the God of Abraham was worshiped prior to the writing of the Old Testament, there is no evidence for it; certainly not 10,000 years prior.
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:45:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:09:40 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:56:15 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Watch out guys, we got a YEC over here.;

So, YEC are feared in these waters.

How quaint. No. YEC are easy targets.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:56:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:45:51 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 3:09:40 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:56:15 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Watch out guys, we got a YEC over here.;

So, YEC are feared in these waters.

How quaint. No. YEC are easy targets.

Now now, don't want to scare the newbie away.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:22:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:42:58 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:52:38 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:38:53 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Deity worship prior to any recorded or artifactual evidence of the worship of the God of Abraham.:

Hmm....Except the record in the Bible of the God of Abraham being worshipped from the very first humans to ever exist.

The old testament was written roughly in 1400-1200 BCE, and the Venus of Willendorf dates to 24,000 BCE, making it almost twice as old. If the God of Abraham was worshiped prior to the writing of the Old Testament, there is no evidence for it; certainly not 10,000 years prior.:

Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:22:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 3:45:51 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 3:09:40 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:56:15 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Watch out guys, we got a YEC over here.;

So, YEC are feared in these waters.

How quaint. No. YEC are easy targets.:

Funny, I find evolutionist easy targets.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:23:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 4:22:00 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 3:42:58 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:52:38 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:38:53 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:31:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 2:26:47 PM, Polaris wrote:
See the first post for the artifact known as the "Venus of Willendorf".:
And this proves what?

Deity worship prior to any recorded or artifactual evidence of the worship of the God of Abraham.:

Hmm....Except the record in the Bible of the God of Abraham being worshipped from the very first humans to ever exist.

The old testament was written roughly in 1400-1200 BCE, and the Venus of Willendorf dates to 24,000 BCE, making it almost twice as old. If the God of Abraham was worshiped prior to the writing of the Old Testament, there is no evidence for it; certainly not 10,000 years prior.:

Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.

Ooooooooh! Me! Me! I can!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:28:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 4:23:18 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.

Ooooooooh! Me! Me! I can!:
You post but without that evidence. Next time please post it!
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:29:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 4:22:00 PM, Pennington wrote:
Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.

Take your pick:

http://rationalwiki.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:30:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 4:28:57 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:23:18 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.

Ooooooooh! Me! Me! I can!:
You post but without that evidence. Next time please post it!

Ok. Starlight.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:37:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 4:29:29 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:22:00 PM, Pennington wrote:
Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.


Take your pick:

http://rationalwiki.org...:

Right off the bat opinions and ideas not non-debatable evidence. I think you miss the logic. Opinions and ideas are simply just that. They may be true but there is nothing you can do to 100% prove it to be true. There are numerous facts in life that are true to everyone and always, they are 100% true. Your link is far from that. You just think it is and thats your opinion along with the people who wrote that link.
"Deep time is the idea, held to be credible by natural researchers since the early 19th century, that the Earth is millions or billions of years old, rather than the few thousand of young earth creationism."

"These ages weren't just made up. They were devised from a range of experiments and observations made across multiple disciplines of science such as astronomy, geology, biology, palaeontology, chemistry, geomorphology and physics."

Nothing concrete. You rely on faith just like myself. You are having faith that all these sciences and scientist are correct but you do not know they are.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:39:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 4:37:18 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:29:29 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:22:00 PM, Pennington wrote:
Show me how anyone can claim any evidence that the earth is over 10k years of age without speculation and opinion.


Take your pick:

http://rationalwiki.org...:

Right off the bat opinions and ideas not non-debatable evidence. I think you miss the logic. Opinions and ideas are simply just that. They may be true but there is nothing you can do to 100% prove it to be true. There are numerous facts in life that are true to everyone and always, they are 100% true. Your link is far from that. You just think it is and thats your opinion along with the people who wrote that link.
"Deep time is the idea, held to be credible by natural researchers since the early 19th century, that the Earth is millions or billions of years old, rather than the few thousand of young earth creationism."

"These ages weren't just made up. They were devised from a range of experiments and observations made across multiple disciplines of science such as astronomy, geology, biology, palaeontology, chemistry, geomorphology and physics."

Nothing concrete. You rely on faith just like myself. You are having faith that all these sciences and scientist are correct but you do not know they are.

Nothing can be proven 100% true except math. Your standards are to high, you need to lower them.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.