Jump to topic:

Patronizing the Palestinians

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:13:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wish Pat Condell would make a DDO account. This guy should be the architect of Britain's foreign policy with Israel and Palestine.
Tsar of DDO
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 7:22:49 AM
At 2/20/2013 1:13:16 AM, YYW wrote:
I wish Pat Condell would make a DDO account. This guy should be the architect of Britain's foreign policy with Israel and Palestine.

That was very well done :)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 8:55:16 AM
"We patronize the Palestinians by holding them to a lower standard of behavior as we do with all Arabs because we are racists. We would never admit this of course; we wouldn't want our racism to be perceived as racist because then we'd have to own up to it, and that might short-circuit our poor, deluded, racist brains ... "

The guy is a fruitcake.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 8:58:05 AM
At 2/20/2013 8:55:16 AM, annanicole wrote:
The guy is a fruitcake.

So says the 98% racist.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 8:59:59 AM
At 2/20/2013 8:58:05 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
The guy is a fruitcake.

So says the 98% racist.

I agree: Dogknox has shown me the light of discernment.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:19:52 AM
The guy is a fruitcake.

So says the 98% racist.

Bingo. He says, "We would never admit this of course." Who's the "we"? I hope he doesn't include a "me" in the "we". Won't admit it? It's not an "admission".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:31:56 AM
At 2/20/2013 8:59:59 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
The guy is a fruitcake.

So says the 98% racist.

Where is Dogknox? Has he gone to Rome to run things during this time of transition. Rumor is that he's the interim papa, kinda like a cigarette break, in-between the two real papas - and he's putting DDO on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum like they did the Bible at one time.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:36:12 AM
At 2/20/2013 9:31:56 AM, annanicole wrote:
Where is Dogknox? Has he gone to Rome to run things during this time of transition. Rumor is

I envy your sources.

that he's the interim papa, kinda like a cigarette break, in-between the two real papas - and he's putting DDO on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum like they did the Bible at one time.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:45:00 AM
The guy is a fruitcake.

So says the 98% racist.

Only St. Antidoter, Doctor of the Knoxian Church, would receive such a glorious gift.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:47:40 AM
In other words, if we have problems with Israel, or support Palestine's right to self-determination, then we are racists who support the destruction of Israel (which goes against the argument posed), support a regime of hiding behind women and children as body shields, and we are racists for not supporting the Israeli hegemony. Racists I say! Racists!
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:04:29 AM
At 2/20/2013 9:45:00 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
The guy is a fruitcake.

So says the 98% racist.

Only St. Antidoter, doctor and scholar of the Knoxian Church, would receive such a glorious gift.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:06:23 AM
While the Palestinians have done some pretty horrendous things, I don't think the Israelis don't have the moral high ground either. The Israelis have committed their own massacres of civilians.

The Safaf Massacre "in which 52-64 villagers were killed by the IDF [Israeli Defense Force] comes from several contemporaneous Israeli government sources and Arab oral history. The evidence suggests that 52 men had their hands tied, were shot and killed, and were buried in a pit. Several women were allegedly raped, including a 14-year-old, and possibly killed.[3] At least two internal inquiries were initiated during 1948-9 by the IDF, but their reports remain classified."

and

"The Kafr Qasim massacre took place in the Israeli Arab village of Kafr Qasim situated on the Green Line, at that time, the de facto border between Israel and the West Bank on October 29, 1956. It was carried out by the Israel Border Police (Magav) and resulted in 48 Arab civilians dead, including 6 women and 23 children aged 8"17. Arab sources usually give the death toll as 49, as they include the unborn child of one of the women."

To take sides on this issue is like taking sides in a pissing contest. The behavior of both sides is detestable.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:38:44 AM
I am in agreement with his main points. Nonetheless, I don't see a good future for Israel whatsoever because (1) they're surrounded by totalitarian fanatics, (2) they're vastly outnumbered, and (3) no major Arab group will give up their desire for control over Israel.

And less support for Israel once we take over your lands, Ma'ams. I'd shoot for Britain first, lovely country.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:39:49 AM
At 2/20/2013 11:06:23 AM, Polaris wrote:
To take sides on this issue is like taking sides in a pissing contest. The behavior of both sides is detestable.
Correct, and? The question is about who wishes to give up this kind of behavior at any given moment. It is NOT the Arabs.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 12:50:48 AM
While the Palestinians have done some pretty horrendous things, I don't think the Israelis don't have the moral high ground either. The Israelis have committed their own massacres of civilians.

The Safaf Massacre "in which 52-64 villagers were killed by the IDF [Israeli Defense Force] comes from several contemporaneous Israeli government sources and Arab oral history. The evidence suggests that 52 men had their hands tied, were shot and killed, and were buried in a pit. Several women were allegedly raped, including a 14-year-old, and possibly killed.[3] At least two internal inquiries were initiated during 1948-9 by the IDF, but their reports remain classified."

and

"The Kafr Qasim massacre took place in the Israeli Arab village of Kafr Qasim situated on the Green Line, at that time, the de facto border between Israel and the West Bank on October 29, 1956. It was carried out by the Israel Border Police (Magav) and resulted in 48 Arab civilians dead, including 6 women and 23 children aged 8"17. Arab sources usually give the death toll as 49, as they include the unborn child of one of the women."

Yeah, Israel is the only countries where war crimes from fifty years ago are repeated over and over. Have you actually read the competent scholars on this subject such as Benny Morris?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 12:57:52 AM
At 2/20/2013 11:38:44 AM, Mirza wrote:
I am in agreement with his main points. Nonetheless, I don't see a good future for Israel whatsoever because (1) they're surrounded by totalitarian fanatics, (2) they're vastly outnumbered, and (3) no major Arab group will give up their desire for control over Israel.

No, not really. Read: [http://www.investorsinsight.com...]
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 1:09:30 AM
Oh, and here's a nice video.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 1:51:52 AM
At 2/20/2013 7:22:49 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 2/20/2013 1:13:16 AM, YYW wrote:

That was very well done :)
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 2:02:08 AM
At 2/20/2013 11:38:44 AM, Mirza wrote:

This is what I like about Mirza...
And less support for Israel once we take over your lands, Ma'ams. I'd shoot for Britain first, lovely country.

& why I'm scared of Islam in general.
I'm not anti-islam/arab. I may be Islamophobic, but anti Islam I'm not.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 3:46:23 AM
At 2/21/2013 12:50:48 AM, MouthWash wrote:

and

Yeah, Israel is the only countries where war crimes from fifty years ago are repeated over and over. Have you actually read the competent scholars on this subject such as Benny Morris?

Israel retains the high moral ground because they continually (despite repeated failures because of the aggression of Hamas and its affiliates) try to establish peace. Stupid western media bastardizes the facts, and pretends that if you do support Israel, then you are a bigoted zionist who hates muslims.

I do not hate Muslims, or take issue with westernized (i.e. versions which respect secular government and human rights) versions of Islam. I hate Hamas, however, with unrepentant passion. The view that there is no "right" answer to the question reflects a fundamental ignorance of the facts at hand in the conflict.
Tsar of DDO
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 8:17:36 AM

and

{In a Factitious tone}

Yes, The Israelis remember where they lived some 2,000 years ago, but Palestinians only remember massacres if they happened within the last 50 years?
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 8:20:15 AM
At 2/21/2013 3:46:23 AM, YYW wrote:

and

Israel retains the high moral ground because they continually (despite repeated failures because of the aggression of Hamas and its affiliates) try to establish peace.

Are you sure about that?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 12:37:41 PM
At 2/21/2013 2:02:08 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
& why I'm scared of Islam in general.
I'm not anti-islam/arab. I may be Islamophobic, but anti Islam I'm not.
What part of it are you scared of Ma'am?
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 2:01:03 PM
At 2/21/2013 8:17:36 AM, Polaris wrote:

and

{In a Factitious tone}

Yes, The Israelis remember where they lived some 2,000 years ago, but Palestinians only remember massacres if they happened within the last 50 years?

Israel was not created because the Jews lived there thousands of years ago. It was created because of the cultural importance of the region to the Jews. You might recognize this as a "homeland."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 2:56:27 PM
At 2/21/2013 8:20:15 AM, Polaris wrote:

and

Israel retains the high moral ground because they continually (despite repeated failures because of the aggression of Hamas and its affiliates) try to establish peace.

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am, and if you want to challenge me on it feel free to do so in a debate. Moreover, the reason that Israel RETAINS its moral high ground is because it only responds proportionally to the repeated, virulently incessant attacks against Israeli civilians in a way that is sufficient to neutralize the imminent threat. Two things that you have to realize: (1) Israel has the military strength to kill every living Palestinian man, woman and child and (2) despite the fact that they have the ability to kill every living Palestinian at very little they choose not to (despite the fact that doing so is the only way to stop Palestinian aggression). Israel does not want to "end" Palestine, but to arrive at a solution where both can coexist. This is why they continually return to the negotiation table and respond only with sufficient force to neutralize imminent threats, rather than erase the Palestinian people from human existence. The political leadership of Palestine, however, does not feel the same way. They would and will not stop until every Jew in Israel has been killed. This is the reason that the conflict continues: Palestinian recalcitrance.

So long as Palestine retains its present political structure/ambitions there can be no two state solution and it is idiotically myopic to think that there could be. British and American journalists without fail consistently portray Palestinians as victims -and the non-combattant Palestinians whose lives are the opportunity cost of the insatiable thirst their political leaders have for Israeli blood, they are. But Israel is not morally or legally culpable for defense against the continuance of Palestine's aggression. They act of necessity in a perpetual state of war made so by the always renewed aggression of Palestine's political leaders.
Tsar of DDO
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 3:14:27 PM
At 2/21/2013 2:56:27 PM, YYW wrote:

and

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am, and if you want to challenge me on it feel free to do so in a debate. Moreover, the reason that Israel RETAINS its moral high ground is because it only responds proportionally to the repeated, virulently incessant attacks against Israeli civilians in a way that is sufficient to neutralize the imminent threat. Two things that you have to realize: (1) Israel has the military strength to kill every living Palestinian man, woman and child and (2) despite the fact that they have the ability to kill every living Palestinian at very little they choose not to (despite the fact that doing so is the only way to stop Palestinian aggression).

Take it easy, Adolf.

Israel does not want to "end" Palestine, but to arrive at a solution where both can coexist. This is why they continually return to the negotiation table and respond only with sufficient force to neutralize imminent threats, rather than erase the Palestinian people from human existence.

How often do they set the table. The Palestinians tend to go to the table when invited, ad most Palestinians, just like most Israelis, simply want an end to all of the conflict so they can go about their lives without those lives involving high explosives detonating in their general vicinity.

I get that the Israelis need to be vigilant given their history, but they are not wholly innocent in the conflict, no matter how much you demonize Palestine.

The political leadership of Palestine, however, does not feel the same way. They would and will not stop until every Jew in Israel has been killed. This is the reason that the conflict continues: Palestinian recalcitrance.

Seriously, Adolf...take a chill pill.

So long as Palestine retains its present political structure/ambitions there can be no two state solution and it is idiotically myopic to think that there could be. British and American journalists without fail consistently portray Palestinians as victims -and the non-combattant Palestinians whose lives are the opportunity cost of the insatiable thirst their political leaders have for Israeli blood, they are. But Israel is not morally or legally culpable for defense against the continuance of Palestine's aggression. They act of necessity in a perpetual state of war made so by the always renewed aggression of Palestine's political leaders.

Britain and America, despite how many times they've set the peace table (Carter tried so damn hard...), are probably more of the problem here than either Palestine or Israel.

I got no problem with Israelis, but their government needs to chill the f*ck out and give some of these peace treaties a chance in lieu of succumbing to the tactics of a few Palestinian extremists.

I thought that's what Moussed was all about - instead of starting a war, you just f*ck them b!tches up on a personal level so they know better than to come after Israel.

Now, they fall back on first strike nuclear capabilities - weak.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 3:20:30 PM
At 2/21/2013 2:01:03 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 2/21/2013 8:17:36 AM, Polaris wrote:

and

{In a Factitious tone}

Israel was not created because the Jews lived there thousands of years ago. It was created because of the cultural importance of the region to the Jews. You might recognize this as a "homeland."

And yet the question remains, why would you expect Palestinians to forget egregious massacres that happen only 57 years ago, whilst Israelis remember events much much further back?

I don't want to be misconstrued as being "pro-palestian", both sides have done some pretty horrible things, but I don't see why this is being presented as a one-sided issue.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 4:03:17 PM
At 2/21/2013 3:14:27 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

and

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am, and if you want to challenge me on it feel free to do so in a debate. Moreover, the reason that Israel RETAINS its moral high ground is because it only responds proportionally to the repeated, virulently incessant attacks against Israeli civilians in a way that is sufficient to neutralize the imminent threat. Two things that you have to realize: (1) Israel has the military strength to kill every living Palestinian man, woman and child and (2) despite the fact that they have the ability to kill every living Palestinian at very little they choose not to (despite the fact that doing so is the only way to stop Palestinian aggression).

Take it easy, Adolf.

Are you fvcking kiding me? Really? Adolf? Don't pull that sh!t again.

Israel does not want to "end" Palestine, but to arrive at a solution where both can coexist. This is why they continually return to the negotiation table and respond only with sufficient force to neutralize imminent threats, rather than erase the Palestinian people from human existence.

How often do they set the table.

Every time the Palestinian political leadership decides to take time to be resupplied with Iranian made or funded munitions under the guise of "credible" peace negotiations.

The Palestinians tend to go to the table when invited, ad most Palestinians, just like most Israelis, simply want an end to all of the conflict so they can go about their lives without those lives involving high explosives detonating in their general vicinity.

The problem is that Palestinian people don't get much of a say in the matter, courtesy of their political leadership.

I get that the Israelis need to be vigilant given their history, but they are not wholly innocent in the conflict, no matter how much you demonize Palestine.

To say that someone is not culpable for acts of retaliation is not to say they are necessarily innocent. They do, however, retain the moral high ground on the basis that they attempt, whenever possible, to make peace.

The political leadership of Palestine, however, does not feel the same way. They would and will not stop until every Jew in Israel has been killed. This is the reason that the conflict continues: Palestinian recalcitrance.

Malcolm, be careful before you start dropping sh!t like that. You're talking to a guy who has toured the gas chambers of Dachau and seen the sites of old concentration camps. I don't offend easily, but that's the limit of my thick skin because your tossing that name around with such casual callousness and condescension is in insult to every man, woman and child killed by Hitler. Idgaf what you believe. Show some fvcking respect.

Britain and America, despite how many times they've set the peace table (Carter tried so damn hard...), are probably more of the problem here than either Palestine or Israel.

And I'm guessing that somewhere there was a point you meant to articulate, but here you have failed to do so.

I got no problem with Israelis, but their government needs to chill the f*ck out and give some of these peace treaties a chance in lieu of succumbing to the tactics of a few Palestinian extremists.

So essentially you have no idea what's going on.

I thought that's what Moussed was all about - instead of starting a war, you just f*ck them b!tches up on a personal level so they know better than to come after Israel.

And you have no understanding of proportional reciprocity as a means of threat neutralization.

And you have no understanding of what I just said.

So, good job. You've been a historically offensive d!ck and made yourself look like a fool. Good bloody job.
Tsar of DDO
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 4:17:55 PM
Yes I am, and if you want to challenge me on it feel free to do so in a debate. Moreover, the reason that Israel RETAINS its moral high ground is because it only responds proportionally to the repeated, virulently incessant attacks against Israeli civilians in a way that is sufficient to neutralize the imminent threat.

You mean like executing civilians for violating a curfew?
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 4:24:23 PM
At 2/21/2013 4:03:17 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2013 3:14:27 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

and

Are you sure about that?

Take it easy, Adolf.

Are you fvcking kiding me? Really? Adolf? Don't pull that sh!t again.

One sec...we'll get back to this.

How often do they set the table.

Every time the Palestinian political leadership decides to take time to be resupplied with Iranian made or funded munitions under the guise of "credible" peace negotiations.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Really? I see US and UN initiated peace talks, but I must be missing the numerous Israeli initiated peace summits about which you are referring.

Maybe the got lost in Netanyahu's reciprocity policy...I don't know.

The Palestinians tend to go to the table when invited, ad most Palestinians, just like most Israelis, simply want an end to all of the conflict so they can go about their lives without those lives involving high explosives detonating in their general vicinity.

The problem is that Palestinian people don't get much of a say in the matter, courtesy of their political leadership.

To say that someone is not culpable for acts of retaliation is not to say they are necessarily innocent. They do, however, retain the moral high ground on the basis that they attempt, whenever possible, to make peace.

Again, I'm completely missing these attempts about which you are referencing. Is it because the US initiates them, and Israel is such a close US ally that you believe these are somehow Israel's doing?

Malcolm, be careful before you start dropping sh!t like that. You're talking to a guy who has toured the gas chambers of Dachau and seen the sites of old concentration camps. I don't offend easily, but that's the limit of my thick skin because your tossing that name around with such casual callousness and condescension is in insult to every man, woman and child killed by Hitler. Idgaf what you believe. Show some fvcking respect.

No, you need to recognize that rhetoric like that which you are spewing, and using your Judaism as justification for, is EXACTLY the same as the anti-Jewish rhetoric of 1933 Germany, and if more people that start subscribing to said rhetoric, it could lead to an Islamic Holocaust, so cut it the f*ck out and have some respect for your ancestors who died and make their memory of their death mean something.

And I'm guessing that somewhere there was a point you meant to articulate, but here you have failed to do so.

already made it.

So essentially you have no idea what's going on.

no, none whatsoever.

And you have no understanding of proportional reciprocity as a means of threat neutralization.

If you don't think Moussed neutralized threats, then you know nothing of Moussed.

And you have no understanding of what I just said.

So, good job. You've been a historically offensive d!ck and made yourself look like a fool. Good bloody job.

something like that.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...