Jump to topic:

Evolutionist Top Ten

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:35:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just a Letterman-type top ten cool things about being being an evolutionist. Taken from this site...

http://www.nwcreation.net...

10. You can call "punctuated equilibrium" a scientific theory, then explain why scientific evidence for it cannot be found.

9. When a student tries to raise critical scientific questions of evolution in science class, you tell him he can only ask them in a course on comparative religions.

8. To show transitional forms in school textbooks, you just hire an artist to invent some.

7. You can ignore Phillip Johnson's book "Defeating Darwinism - By Opening Minds" and write your own: "Defeating Creation & Intelligent Design - By Closing Minds".

6. You can refer to books by atheists Stephen Jay Gould and Richard Dawkins as "Holy Writ".

5. If in need of spare cash, rob a bank and call it "natural selection".

4. You get to cross out the word "God" and print "Hydrogen" at Genesis 1:1.

3. You get to use quotation marks around the word "scientists" when writing about creationists who received their Ph.D.'s from major universities.

2. To convince the public that "Lucy" [Australopithecus afarensis] was one of man's ancestors, you fashion perfectly formed human hands and feet (and a pensive look) on a statue of a primate.

And the number one cool thing about being an evolutionist is:

1. You don't have to make any distinction between fact and wild speculation.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 2:46:49 PM
At 2/20/2013 2:35:35 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Just a Letterman-type top ten cool things about being being an evolutionist. Taken from this site...

10. You can call "punctuated equilibrium" a scientific theory, then explain why scientific evidence for it cannot be found.

*facepalm*

9. When a student tries to raise critical scientific questions of evolution in science class, you tell him he can only ask them in a course on comparative religions.

Cool thing about religion, when I asked to many questions in Sunday school I was kicked out. The difference between these two is that mine actually happend.

8. To show transitional forms in school textbooks, you just hire an artist to invent some.

*double facepalm*

7. You can ignore Phillip Johnson's book "Defeating Darwinism - By Opening Minds" and write your own: "Defeating Creation & Intelligent Design - By Closing Minds".

I have never heard of that book.

6. You can refer to books by atheists Stephen Jay Gould and Richard Dawkins as "Holy Writ".

Or not......

What does natural selection have to do with robbing a bank?

Yes, because that has so much to do with evolution......

3. You get to use quotation marks around the word "scientists" when writing about creationists who received their Ph.D.'s from major universities.

I like that one to.

2. To convince the public that "Lucy" [Australopithecus afarensis] was one of man's ancestors, you fashion perfectly formed human hands and feet (and a pensive look) on a statue of a primate.

I did no such thing. But when you say it, it sounds like such a good idea.

Nope, sorry, you're confused. That is creationists.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:25:41 PM

No, it's a hypothesis.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to be referring to...?

Yes, perhaps fitting real fossils into a textbook might prove to be quite heavy.

Because a law professor's opinion on biology matters. I know a mechanical engineer, perhaps you'd care to hear his opinion on oceanography. If you don't agree with him, you must be closed minded.

.....can we?

...and then call a lawyer, call Phillip Johnson.

How come nobody notified me of this?

Only when they get their degrees from diploma mills, or unaccredited universities.

Baseless accusation.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Insipid polemics.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:30:39 PM
At 2/20/2013 2:46:49 PM, muzebreak wrote:

*facepalm*

Cool thing about religion, when I asked to many questions in Sunday school I was kicked out. The difference between these two is that mine actually happend.

*double facepalm*

http://www.amazon.com...

Here's a good video about it, it's a little long though.

Or not......

I like that one to.

Y'all need to evolve a sense of humor.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:34:14 PM
At 2/20/2013 3:30:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:

*facepalm*

*double facepalm*

Or not......

I like that one to.

Whoa dude, this is our religion. You don't get to make fun of our religion.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:49:33 PM

You're the one who believes it took less than 6,000 years to accomplish evolutionary processes that scientists argue took tens if not hundred of thousands of years.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:57:35 PM
At 2/20/2013 3:49:33 PM, Wnope wrote:

You're the one who believes it took less than 6,000 years to accomplish evolutionary processes that scientists argue took tens if not hundred of thousands of years.

Why bother? Just list the branches of science you have to ignore to deny evolution.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:59:40 PM
Like this site, made convenient so that even creationists can understand it: http://rationalwiki.org...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:01:58 PM
At 2/20/2013 3:34:14 PM, muzebreak wrote:

*facepalm*

*double facepalm*

Or not......

I like that one to.

Awesomeness. Honesty in the form of humor, I like it...lol

That might even be sig-worthy.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:05:09 PM
Why won't you debate me, medic?
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:06:27 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:01:58 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/20/2013 3:34:14 PM, muzebreak wrote:

*facepalm*

*double facepalm*

Or not......

I like that one to.

Awesomeness. Honesty in the form of humor, I like it...lol

That might even be sig-worthy.

Go ahead. It was satire, but if you have a definition of religion that atheism can realistically fall under, I have no problem with it. It does bring up the issue of people who are atheists having a religion already though, like Buddhism, or Shintoism.

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:13:32 PM
"4. You get to cross out the word "God" and print "Hydrogen" at Genesis 1:1."

LOL! I like that one.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:21:12 PM
At 2/20/2013 3:57:35 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Why bother? Just list the branches of science you have to ignore to deny evolution.

I'll oblige.

List of sciences rejected by YECs:
Ontogeny
Morphology
Taxonomy
Paleontology
Cosmology
Molecular Biology
Stratigraphy
Sedimentology
Inorganic chemistry
Geomorphology
Bioclimatology
Quantum Physics
Ecology
Chronobiology
Anthropology

*Just label it all "evolutionism" and it's easier to ignore.
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:24:21 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:13:09 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
Creationists: 0
Evolutionists: 0
The Law Office Of Philip Johnson: 1

Nice!
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:31:09 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:24:21 PM, Polaris wrote:

Nice!

Eh are you the north star? I just realized that when I read your profile.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:33:18 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:31:09 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

Nice!

That's where the name comes from, yes.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:34:09 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:21:12 PM, Polaris wrote:

I'll oblige.

Ontogeny
Morphology
Taxonomy
Paleontology
Cosmology
Molecular Biology
Stratigraphy
Sedimentology
Inorganic chemistry
Geomorphology
Bioclimatology
Quantum Physics
Ecology
Chronobiology
Anthropology

Don't forget astronomy.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:34:51 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:34:09 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:21:12 PM, Polaris wrote:

I'll oblige.

Ontogeny
Morphology
Taxonomy
Paleontology
Cosmology
Molecular Biology
Stratigraphy
Sedimentology
Inorganic chemistry
Geomorphology
Bioclimatology
Quantum Physics
Ecology
Chronobiology
Anthropology

Don't forget astronomy.

And genetics.

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 4:49:43 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:33:18 PM, Polaris wrote:

Nice!

I can't get over how cool your name is. It reminds me of when I used to stargaze. Interesting choice. I guess you are the standard by which all others must compute their direction? All people need you to show them the way?

You might as well have chosen the name 'God.'

!

BRB
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 5:41:49 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:49:43 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

Nice!

I can't get over how cool your name is. It reminds me of when I used to stargaze. Interesting choice. I guess you are the standard by which all others must compute their direction? All people need you to show them the way?

Mostly just pre-industrial sea-farers and woodsmen.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 5:46:37 PM
At 2/20/2013 5:41:49 PM, Polaris wrote:

Nice!

Well, blimey! Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen! Where am I goin'?
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 5:52:45 PM
At 2/20/2013 5:46:37 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

Nice!

India. But really America.

Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 6:04:19 PM
Here's the real best thing:

"Darwin Visited the Galapagos Islands

After considerable explorations in South America, the Beagle reached the Galapagos Islands in September 1835. Darwin was fascinated by such oddities as volcanic rocks and giant tortoises. He later wrote about approaching tortoises, which would retreat into their shells. The young scientist would then climb on top, and attempt to ride the large reptile when it began moving again. He recalled that it was difficult to keep his balance."
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 8:15:42 PM
At 2/20/2013 5:52:45 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 2/20/2013 5:46:37 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

Nice!

India. But really America.

God, Polaris sucks as a navigator.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 8:16:15 PM
At 2/20/2013 6:04:19 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Here's the real best thing:

"Darwin Visited the Galapagos Islands

After considerable explorations in South America, the Beagle reached the Galapagos Islands in September 1835. Darwin was fascinated by such oddities as volcanic rocks and giant tortoises. He later wrote about approaching tortoises, which would retreat into their shells. The young scientist would then climb on top, and attempt to ride the large reptile when it began moving again. He recalled that it was difficult to keep his balance."

Evolutionists: -1
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:27:32 PM
At 2/20/2013 4:06:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:05:09 PM, MouthWash wrote:

About what??

Um... the war in Iraq.

No, actually evolution. Weren't expecting that, huh?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 12:11:47 AM
At 2/20/2013 11:27:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:06:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/20/2013 4:05:09 PM, MouthWash wrote:

About what??

Um... the war in Iraq.

There's a war??

No, actually evolution. Weren't expecting that, huh?

I'll argue with you here in the forums, but I think that's just too big an issue to deal with in 8000 characters, and brevity isn't my strong suit. It's almost a suicide mission for a YEC anyway.