Jump to topic:

Why Do People Fall At Healing Services

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 11:24:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Today my mom, little brother and sister, and grandmother fell down unconscious when the 'healer' put his hands on their head.

WTF?
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 11:42:33 PM
You're getting warmer.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 11:45:31 PM
At 2/22/2013 11:24:44 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
Today my mom, little brother and sister, and grandmother fell down unconscious when the 'healer' put his hands on their head.

WTF?

It's the power of suggestion. Some people are more receptive to it than others, basically people have an innate desire to conform to certain expectations. It's the same concept behind hypnosis. If people believe in something strongly enough they will behave in a way to confirm it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 11:49:05 PM

WTF?

Well, if you want the truth... They were Either overwhelmed, or faking..

or some were overwhelmed, and the rest faking... Monkey See.. monkey do..

Were you "healed" too? (By the way: what was he 'healing' anyhow?)

and, if you were healed too..
Perhaps the better question is: Why DIDN'T You fall down? o.O
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:04:32 AM
At 2/22/2013 11:49:05 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Well, if you want the truth... They were Either overwhelmed, or faking..

I would say, that they most probably genuinely believed in what they experienced. I don't think there was any conscious effort to fake, but rather what the mind believes strongly enough, the body follows.

http://www.sciencedaily.com...

By the way: what was he 'healing' anyhow?

They were healed of their standing, apparently.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:12:22 AM
They weren't faking. I'm 100% positive of that.

I didn't go today, I didn't actually witness today's events. But I've seen it before, my mom and step-dad fell down.

The 'healing' is supposed to be spiritual.

When I was little, like around 12 and 14, me and my brother went a couple times. We wanted to fall down so bad because we thought it was cool. But even though we had the hands put on our head several times, we never fell.

Someone once tried to explain to me that its posture, they get you in a position to lock your knees to interrupt blood flow and faint, but that's bullsh*it, because I accidentally lock my knees sometimes when I do certain weighted exercises and my legs fall asleep, but I certainly don't become unconsciousness.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:23:10 AM
At 2/23/2013 12:12:22 AM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
They weren't faking. I'm 100% positive of that.

I didn't go today, I didn't actually witness today's events. But I've seen it before, my mom and step-dad fell down.

The 'healing' is supposed to be spiritual.

When I was little, like around 12 and 14, me and my brother went a couple times. We wanted to fall down so bad because we thought it was cool. But even though we had the hands put on our head several times, we never fell.

Someone once tried to explain to me that its posture, they get you in a position to lock your knees to interrupt blood flow and faint, but that's bullsh*it, because I accidentally lock my knees sometimes when I do certain weighted exercises and my legs fall asleep, but I certainly don't become unconsciousness.

Like I said. It's the power of suggestion. It's entirely psychological.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:23:33 AM

WTF?

I think I know why.........gravity.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 7:20:38 AM
Yeah, it's the power of suggestion. They are supposed to be overcome by emotion, so the are.

Psychologists did an experiment that showed that atheists who swear on a Bible are less likely to lie than atheists who do not perform the swearing ceremony. It's safe to say none of the atheists believed in divine power, but the ceremony nonetheless had a psychological effect. This is also why school uniforms work.