Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Attention all atheists

KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 8:29:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
We need cool names for our arguments. Theists have words like 'cosmological' and 'ontological' and 'teleological'. We have 'omnipotence paradox' and 'problem of evil'. We need cooler names.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 8:34:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What's wrong with Problem of Evil and Omnipotence Paradoxes?

Cosmological just means logic from cosmos...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 8:53:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2013 8:29:24 AM, KingDebater wrote:
We have 'omnipotence paradox' and 'problem of evil'. We need cooler names.

Other than that we have one more, it's called:

"Nope!"
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Pwner
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 8:57:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't know many, you guys have Quentin Smith's cosmological argument against God's existence and argument from evil laws. Even Schellenberg's Deus Absconditus has a nice ring to it. :P
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 9:05:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2013 8:53:30 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/24/2013 8:29:24 AM, KingDebater wrote:
We have 'omnipotence paradox' and 'problem of evil'. We need cooler names.

Other than that we have one more, it's called:

"Nope!"

AKA The Nuh-uh!! Argument. :)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 9:25:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2013 9:05:27 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2013 8:53:30 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/24/2013 8:29:24 AM, KingDebater wrote:
We have 'omnipotence paradox' and 'problem of evil'. We need cooler names.

Other than that we have one more, it's called:

"Nope!"

AKA The Nuh-uh!! Argument. :)

yep.

the simplest, broadest, and usually most appropriate of them all ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."