Jump to topic:

SATANism

ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 9:52:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
is it really that bad to be a satanist...all we want is to live life to the fullest without serving (a) God(s) is that bad please tell me what you think all opinions accepted i am not a judge therefore i will not judge you...ever
-keith-
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 10:51:23 AM
I'm a Laveyan Satanist on the back burner. All that means is that I read the Satanic Bible, agreed with a lot of it, but don't care enough (or perhaps don't think it was philosophically adept or rigorous enough) to translate into a life philosophy. Plus I hate how they all started doing those dumb rituals and ceremonies. I heard somewhere that it was merely meant for aesthetic purposes but I just think it's silly. I will admit though that it's fun to mention my latent Satanism in passing if only for the "Oh" faces.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 10:52:28 AM
There's also usually an implicit conflation of theistic and non-theistic versions of Satanism in the popular mind. A lot of people just think Satanists worship Satan who they take as a demon who actually exists whereas in reality most Satanists just admire Satan from a literary, fictional perspective.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 10:58:31 AM
http://www.modernchurchofsatan.com... i have been trying to become a member on this site so i can chat with others of the same faith so we all will have something in common. yet i have been waiting a while for their response
-keith-
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 11:00:05 AM
My bible Story book YLT (Young's Literal Translation) & EMPHATIC Diaglott NT Interlinear make NO reference to ANY Satan in their narrative!

Apart from your heads in the sand mentality, how do you Satan believers face that crushing blow?

Your mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Me AlwaysMoreThanYou the ongoing successful Cult buster:
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 11:07:05 AM
At 2/27/2013 11:00:05 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
My bible Story book YLT (Young's Literal Translation) & EMPHATIC Diaglott NT Interlinear make NO reference to ANY Satan in their narrative!

Apart from your heads in the sand mentality, how do you Satan believers face that crushing blow?

lol

We should give you a new nickname...DeComposer.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 11:10:27 AM

funny but thats a translation there could've been some errors
-keith-
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 11:18:16 AM
I've always found it incredibly hard to believe Levayan Satanism is anything but an attempt to piss of Christians.

There are a lot of words on this planet. Lots of names too.

Yet, of all these, they choose to name "Satan." They also just so happen to choose the word "sin" to represent the object of their meta-ethical desire.

Of nine Satanic statements, one directly references Jesus's words, and another is a literally the following snarky comment:

Satan has been the best friend of the church as he has kept it in business all of these years!

Of the nine Satanic sins, the third involves the dictum "Do unto others as they do unto you."
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 11:36:21 AM
At 2/27/2013 11:26:19 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
i believe its do unto others before they do unto you

That only further proves my point.

It's the only part in the entire list of Satanic laws and such that doesn't look like it was written by a high school student.

And it just so happens to word-for-word replicate the first half the Judeo-Christian "Golden Rule" and uses the same symmetric syntax (do unto others...do unto you) as does the Golden Rule.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 12:41:05 PM
I've always been interested in your opinion on Satanism, Wnope. Lol I usually only get comments like that from die-hard believers.

On why Satan was chosen, it just relates to his place in mythology. Nothing more nothing less. In the Christian account of creation and the Fall, Satan symbolizes knowledge and truth. God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree, Satan told them to go ahead. I did a debate on it with MiG a while ago if you wanna read it (http://debate.org...).

I think I've also heard some stuff about his original Fall from Heaven symbolizing (on Satanists' view) the desire to displace God from his footing as above man. I guess it's sort of like Feuerbach's view of religion and God as necessitating self-alienation. Satan in this context would be considered the first 'humanist' then.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 12:42:39 PM
At 2/27/2013 11:36:21 AM, Wnope wrote:

And it just so happens to word-for-word replicate the first half the Judeo-Christian "Golden Rule" and uses the same symmetric syntax (do unto others...do unto you) as does the Golden Rule.

The rule has been recorded in most religions so it's obviously not only Judeo-Christian. Hinduism and Buddhism have some good stuff on it.

As a (latent) Satanist though I don't see any contradiction in supporting "Atheists for Jesus" either. He was a cool guy what can I say?
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 2:02:31 PM
At 2/27/2013 9:52:43 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
is it really that bad to be a satanist...all we want is to live life to the fullest without serving (a) God(s) is that bad please tell me what you think all opinions accepted i am not a judge therefore i will not judge you...ever

To be a satanist you must serve a God - Satan.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 4:11:23 PM
At 2/27/2013 11:10:27 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

funny but thats a translation there could've been some errors

Don't mind him, he just be trollin.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 5:46:49 PM
At 2/27/2013 12:41:05 PM, Noumena wrote:
I've always been interested in your opinion on Satanism, Wnope. Lol I usually only get comments like that from die-hard believers.

On why Satan was chosen, it just relates to his place in mythology. Nothing more nothing less. In the Christian account of creation and the Fall, Satan symbolizes knowledge and truth. God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree, Satan told them to go ahead. I did a debate on it with MiG a while ago if you wanna read it (http://debate.org...).

I think I've also heard some stuff about his original Fall from Heaven symbolizing (on Satanists' view) the desire to displace God from his footing as above man. I guess it's sort of like Feuerbach's view of religion and God as necessitating self-alienation. Satan in this context would be considered the first 'humanist' then.

Again, the thing that catches my eye is this intense focus on Judeo-Christianity.

The very fact you say his name is chosen because it relates to "his place in [Christian] mythology" is direct acknowledgement of my point.

"Satan" is supposed to NOT be sentient according to Lavey yet he is consistently personified and identified as a "he" (such as being the first 'humanist.')

If Satanism exists independently of Christianity, how can its name only make sense when compared to a figure within Christianity?

That is, say for a moment Christianity never existed, yet somehow Laveyan Satanism currently does.

How can a Laveyan Satanism explain his metaphysics/ethics without reference to Christianity? Satanists borrow words like "sin" from the Christianity; they have no independent terminology.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 6:44:34 PM
At 2/27/2013 5:46:49 PM, Wnope wrote:

Again, the thing that catches my eye is this intense focus on Judeo-Christianity.

The very fact you say his name is chosen because it relates to "his place in [Christian] mythology" is direct acknowledgement of my point.

"Satan" is supposed to NOT be sentient according to Lavey yet he is consistently personified and identified as a "he" (such as being the first 'humanist.')

If Satanism exists independently of Christianity, how can its name only make sense when compared to a figure within Christianity?

That is, say for a moment Christianity never existed, yet somehow Laveyan Satanism currently does.

How can a Laveyan Satanism explain his metaphysics/ethics without reference to Christianity? Satanists borrow words like "sin" from the Christianity; they have no independent terminology.

I've always thought that Prometheus would be a better choice as a symbol. It's also a much better story in my opinion; Greek myths usually are. It's why everyone from the Romans to Shakespeare ripped them off.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:01:52 PM
At 2/27/2013 5:46:49 PM, Wnope wrote:

I'm not sure where the criticism is here. I freely acknowledge that Satanism exists only in relation to Judeo-Christianity. But that's kind of obvious given that Satan is a Biblical character and the characteristics exemplified in Satanist ethics are more or less taken from Christian mythology. I was responding to your point that Satanism only exists to piss off Christians.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:56:10 AM

Let's never forget that Story books that do use the term Satan, such as the catholic Story book bible, Story book Peter was Satan and the catholics claim it was the first Pope so ALL catholic popeys are successors of the catholic Story book Satan = Peter

cf. Matthew 16:23 & Mark 8:33 e.g. catholic Story book

Hence ALL catholics are agents of Satan!

Your mentor moi!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:06:07 AM
I don't think so.

And I'm glad to see you here. We don't have any active Satanists. Except secret ones likes me.

So stick around.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:00:29 AM
At 2/28/2013 2:56:10 AM, Composer wrote:

Let's never forget that Story books that do use the term Satan, such as the catholic Story book bible, Story book Peter was Satan and the catholics claim it was the first Pope so ALL catholic popeys are successors of the catholic Story book Satan = Peter

Your mentor moi!

Me Nur-Ab-Sal the ongoing successful cult perpetuator: You continue to lie! There are 0% NO story book bible passages to support this! I remain 100% vindicated and cult followers like you are frauds!

story book Bible says Composer was a devout story book Christian like moi!

cf. story book Bible 2 Samuel 23:1-2 ' David son of Jesse was the man whom God made great, whom the God of Jacob chose to be king, and who was the composer of beautiful songs for Israel. '

story book Composer wrote songs for story book God! Hence ALL composers are agents of God!

Your vindicated successful literal cult perpetuator moi!
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:38:44 AM
At 2/28/2013 3:06:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't think so.

And I'm glad to see you here. We don't have any active Satanists. Except secret ones likes me.

So stick around.

i sha'll stay around for awhile and what is your religion exactly and you are talking about the prophet of the new age... Aleister Crowley right? and did you jknow that they make a reference to the Book of the Law in the PS2 series titled DOT PROJECT HACK
-keith-
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:48:29 AM
"When you aggressively try to avoid taking a certain path, you are still a slave to that path."
-keith-
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:49:19 AM
At 2/27/2013 10:28:07 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I'm cool with it as long as I get to command a legion of demons or some sh!t.

fair enough strike a deal with the dark lord and see what happens!
-keith-
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 10:52:30 AM
At 2/28/2013 3:06:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't think so.

So stick around.

Come on I thought I qualified.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:43:37 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:00:29 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 2/28/2013 2:56:10 AM, Composer wrote:

Your mentor moi!

Me Nur-Ab-Sal the ongoing successful cult perpetuator: You continue to lie! There are 0% NO story book bible passages to support this! I remain 100% vindicated and cult followers like you are frauds!

story book Bible says Composer was a devout story book Christian like moi!

cf. story book Bible 2 Samuel 23:1-2 ' David son of Jesse was the man whom God made great, whom the God of Jacob chose to be king, and who was the composer of beautiful songs for Israel. '

story book Composer wrote songs for story book God! Hence ALL composers are agents of God!

Your vindicated successful literal cult perpetuator moi!

You Deceitful Perpetrator and failed cult reject!
2 Chronicles 35:25
Jeremiah composed laments for Josiah, and to this day all the male and female singers commemorate Josiah in the laments. These became a tradition in Israel and are written in the Laments.

Lament: a passionate expression of grief or sorrow:

Composer Brings Grief and Sorrow, not the heavenly good taht you think your trinitarian mutha fukkr promises!

You theoretical guide to my merciful savior moi!

Me TheAntidoter Successful Defender against the Cult rejects!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:12:41 PM
At 2/28/2013 9:38:44 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
i sha'll stay around for awhile and what is your religion exactly

I'm Discordian. We have close minglings with Satanists, Thelemites, Taoists, Surrealists and all sorts of odd bed-fellows.

I'd be happy to explain Discordianism to you but, by it's very nature, the more you know about it the less you understand about it.

We're particularly known for incorporating humor as an intrinsic part of our philosophy.

This is the original Discordian holy text, The Principia Discordia:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com...

and you are talking about the prophet of the new age... Aleister Crowley right?

That is correct.

You may be interested in my painting of him:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...

and did you jknow that they make a reference to the Book of the Law in the PS2 series titled DOT PROJECT HACK

Didn't know that. I have a PS2. Maybe I'll pick it up.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord