Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Open Questions to Jehovah Witnesses

MaryCantHearYou
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 3:31:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 3:33:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/6/2013 3:31:35 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them

Fire away
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 5:05:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/6/2013 3:33:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:31:35 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them

Fire away

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 5:09:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/6/2013 5:05:07 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:33:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:31:35 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them

Fire away

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No but I can do a better job pretending to be one than they can by actually being so.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 5:12:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/6/2013 5:09:13 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2013 5:05:07 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:33:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:31:35 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them

Fire away

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No but I can do a better job pretending to be one than they can by actually being so.

Ah. Defending something you don't believe in can often be a good exercise, anyway. I do it, too. Though Jehovah's Witnesses definitely do some pretty exhausting mental gymnastics.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 5:20:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/6/2013 5:12:50 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 3/6/2013 5:09:13 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2013 5:05:07 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:33:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2013 3:31:35 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them

Fire away

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No but I can do a better job pretending to be one than they can by actually being so.

Ah. Defending something you don't believe in can often be a good exercise, anyway. I do it, too. Though Jehovah's Witnesses definitely do some pretty exhausting mental gymnastics.

True. It tweaks my imagination.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MaryCantHearYou
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 2:38:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
OK sorry for the delay....Who is the Lord in Rev 1:8 "8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"[c] says the Lord,[d] "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

and
who is the alpha and omega,first and the last in rev1:11 "11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,"
??
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 3:57:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 2:38:23 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
OK sorry for the delay....Who is the Lord in Rev 1:8 "8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"[c] says the Lord,[d] "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

and
who is the alpha and omega,first and the last in rev1:11 "11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,"
??

The Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, would refer to the Lord of v. 8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord." The Lord thus is Jesus Christ as noted in vv. 5 and 9. An interesting sidelight is that the Apostle John was in the kingdom when the Apocalypse was penned:

"I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ" (Rev. 1: 9)

This compares favorably with the statement by the Apostle Paul in Col 1: 13,

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son."

Thus we find that the kingdom of God - heralded by John and announced as "at hand" by Jesus - came about as stated and indeed John and Paul were in it.

Do you believe the kingdom came as prophesied by Daniel and others, and announced by Jesus and John? Or do you believe that the prophecies and announcements all failed, and Jesus Christ will have to come back to earth again to accomplish what He failed to do the last time?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 4:29:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 2:38:23 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
OK sorry for the delay....Who is the Lord in Rev 1:8 "8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"[c] says the Lord,[d] "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

and
who is the alpha and omega,first and the last in rev1:11 "11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,"
??

If memory serves me right, JW's believe that all references to "The alpha and the omega" refer to the Father. But with the other phrases, "the first and the last," and "the beginning and the end," some of them refer to the Father and some refer to the son. But don't quote me on that! It's been a long time.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 10:20:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 2:38:23 PM, MaryCantHearYou wrote:
OK sorry for the delay....Who is the Lord in Rev 1:8 "8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"[c] says the Lord,[d] "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

and
who is the alpha and omega,first and the last in rev1:11 "11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,"
??

MaryCantHearYou Good to meet you..
I point you to scriptures God' words.. Scripture tell you.. "Worship is for God ALONE"!
Look..
Matthew 4:10
Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.""

Jesus is very, very clear !!!

Luke 4:8
Jesus answered, "It is written: "Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.""

Worship is for JUST GOD!!!!!!! ONLY GOD!!!!!!!!

Matthew 2:11
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

Matthew 14:33
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

MaryCantHearYou They WORSHIP Jesus and Jesus does NOT stop them!!!!! "Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.""

Matthew 28:9
Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

MaryCantHearYou They WORSHIP Jesus and Jesus does NOT stop them!!!!!
If Jesus does NOT stop them, then Jesus would be GRAVELY SINNING OR...!!
MaryCantHearYou or Jesus must be GOD!!!!

Matthew 28:17
When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

MaryCantHearYou Do you believe Jesus is God? but some doubted are you one of these DOUBTERS??!
They worshipers are the CHRISTIANS the doubters are NOT!

John 9:38
Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.

MaryCantHearYou SCRIPTURES... "Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.""
God`s words.. "Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.""

GOD' WORDS.. "They worship Jesus"!
MaryCantHearYou Are you willing to accuse God of scriptural error!?
MaryCantHearYou Are you willing to stand up and say; Jesus sinned by allowing them to WORSHIP HIM!
OR..
Are you going to do the LOGICAL THING...
Are you willing to admit your man made; "Jehovah Witness Church" is a teacher of LIES!

Christians believe Jesus is God, we have always believed Jesus is God, Christians believe the scriptures!

John 20:28
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Thomas calls Jesus God!
Thomas tells you; "Jesus is his GOD!"
MaryCantHearYou</strong Christians believe Jesus is GOD! We have always called Jesus GOD!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 12:49:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dogknox to Mary: "Are you willing to admit your man made; "Jehovah Witness Church" is a teacher of LIES!"

Universal reply: "Mary" isn't a Jehovah's Witness, you ding-a-ling. Didn't you even read her post?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 1:06:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 12:49:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox to Mary: "Are you willing to admit your man made; "Jehovah Witness Church" is a teacher of LIES!"

Universal reply: "Mary" isn't a Jehovah's Witness, you ding-a-ling. Didn't you even read her post?

This is why there needs to be a "like" feature. This made me laugh.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:16:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 12:49:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox to Mary: "Are you willing to admit your man made; "Jehovah Witness Church" is a teacher of LIES!"

Universal reply: "Mary" isn't a Jehovah's Witness, you ding-a-ling. Didn't you even read her post?
My reply to you is; You are the DING-A-LING, so right back to you.... MaryCantHearYou is a not a her but a "HE"!!!

AND...
He did NOT say he was NOT a Jehovah Witness"!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:22:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 11:16:03 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/13/2013 12:49:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox to Mary: "Are you willing to admit your man made; "Jehovah Witness Church" is a teacher of LIES!"

Universal reply: "Mary" isn't a Jehovah's Witness, you ding-a-ling. Didn't you even read her post?
My reply to you is; You are the DING-A-LING, so right back to you.... MaryCantHearYou is a not a her but a "HE"!!!

AND...
He did NOT say he was NOT a Jehovah Witness"!

Dogknox

You can tell by the first post and by the later post that MaryCantHearYou is not a Jehovah's Witness - or I can. I dunno whether u can or not.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:02:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 11:22:48 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/13/2013 11:16:03 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/13/2013 12:49:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox to Mary: "Are you willing to admit your man made; "Jehovah Witness Church" is a teacher of LIES!"

Universal reply: "Mary" isn't a Jehovah's Witness, you ding-a-ling. Didn't you even read her post?
My reply to you is; You are the DING-A-LING, so right back to you.... MaryCantHearYou is a not a her but a "HE"!!!

AND...
He did NOT say he was NOT a Jehovah Witness"!

Dogknox

You can tell by the first post and by the later post that MaryCantHearYou is not a Jehovah's Witness - or I can. I dunno whether u can or not.

Point me to the words that MaryCantHearYou wrote that tell you, he is NOT a JW!

I do notice he never came back!!
Thus he more then likely was a JW!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:50:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"If any Jehovah Witness would like to discuss who God really is please feel free to respond and I can move along with my questions; as they are better with someone interacting along with them"
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."