Jump to topic:

Creation of Man

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 9:21:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A question you probably have not been posed before.

If you believe God created mankind without using evolution as the mechanism. Why would he make the health and viability of humans based upon the bacteria in one's stomach and intestines?

The health repercussion of not having bacteria inside oneself, while it would not kill you immediately, it would lead to chronic illness.

It is just very strange, especially when considering that mankind is commanded to have dominion over all the animals and creepy-ith and crawl-yith things in the world. Why make man kind dependent upon one of the lowest life forms of creepy crawly things?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 9:44:10 PM
At 3/7/2013 9:21:49 PM, slo1 wrote:

If you believe God created mankind without using evolution as the mechanism. Why would he make the health and viability of humans based upon the bacteria in one's stomach and intestines?

The health repercussion of not having bacteria inside oneself, while it would not kill you immediately, it would lead to chronic illness.

It is just very strange, especially when considering that mankind is commanded to have dominion over all the animals and creepy-ith and crawl-yith things in the world. Why make man kind dependent upon one of the lowest life forms of creepy crawly things?

Why not? After all, the only way we could not be dependent on other life forms is if we were not dependent on food at all. Everything we eat (except salt) comes from other life forms.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 9:53:12 PM
I don't see where the incoherence is. How is this any different from the other necessities man needs to survive?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 10:02:27 PM
I'm on your side of the aisle, and I don't see this one.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 10:18:36 PM
At 3/7/2013 9:44:10 PM, philochristos wrote:

Why not? After all, the only way we could not be dependent on other life forms is if we were not dependent on food at all. Everything we eat (except salt) comes from other life forms.

Raising or hunting animals, killing them, and then eating them shows a clear line of dominance over animals.

Having live critters living inside of you that you did not put there that your are required to have in order to thrive does not show dominance.

I understand we are ultimately symbiotic with all life forms, but consuming food is not as symbiotic as the bacteria in our gut.

It is just a very odd relationship that seemingly has absolutely no reason of being, especially if we are made in God's image. Surely there are not bacteria in God's gut.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:40:09 AM
At 3/7/2013 10:18:36 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/7/2013 9:44:10 PM, philochristos wrote:

Raising or hunting animals, killing them, and then eating them shows a clear line of dominance over animals.

Having live critters living inside of you that you did not put there that your are required to have in order to thrive does not show dominance.

I understand we are ultimately symbiotic with all life forms, but consuming food is not as symbiotic as the bacteria in our gut.

It is just a very odd relationship that seemingly has absolutely no reason of being, especially if we are made in God's image. Surely there are not bacteria in God's gut.:

You named the reason of it being in our intestines, "health." We are dying and in need of health, God is not. Makes sense to me that the highest life-form depends on the lowest life-form.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...