Jump to topic:

Evolution isn't just the past its the future

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:21:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
To say that their are some theists that have a problem with evolution would be an understatement.

But if evolution is true, it isn't just something that happened in the past and then stopped. So it would seem to me that this whole micro vs macro claim is going to get sorted out. If human life and what follows from it manages to keep records from here on out, then if some life that exists 1 billion years in the future which from its perspective has its origins in some long gone species called human, what will they think ?

Man I can't believe people believe that we have a common ancestor with "humans". And so cycle starts again.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:54:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2013 8:21:15 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
To say that their are some theists that have a problem with evolution would be an understatement.

But if evolution is true, it isn't just something that happened in the past and then stopped. So it would seem to me that this whole micro vs macro claim is going to get sorted out. If human life and what follows from it manages to keep records from here on out, then if some life that exists 1 billion years in the future which from its perspective has its origins in some long gone species called human, what will they think ?

Man I can't believe people believe that we have a common ancestor with "humans". And so cycle starts again.:

Taken for granted our intellect. Maybe millions of years from now life forms will be more animalistic and not have thought processes like we do. We will go back to the jungle or ocean. Or we could just be wiped out like the dinosaurs presumably were and a new species comes.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...