Jump to topic:

Suppose all Religion decided to stop

ShortWinded
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:33:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not John Lennon style but more that we (earth) all decided to stop looking into history that... by my standards cannot be justified.
Sadly I am without direct education to any one particular religion. I have only entered into a church maybe 20-50 times in my life. Perhaps 5 times in actual ceremony.
So I cannot directly come up with book references. But looking to all the inhuman things that go along with religious stories. Parting water... water to wine... all of the animals in the world onto a boat...
What about the Buddha story of the prince sitting under a tree and having demons assault him? Islam I honestly don't know a scratch about but I am sure there is much the same.
It seems a touch out of date don't you think?
I more than ever believe in accepting that it is impossible to know everything (is that god??? I don't know) But can we abolish all the silly stories and ancient bias??
that comes with thousands years old methods of thought?
There will be no horses from hell... We know that the centre of the earth is hot. I give you that. But CMON!!!
Wouldn't it be better just to accept the unknown? Go to death actually NOT knowing whether or there is a an afterlife?
Wouldn't it be best to NOT wait till Sunday for provocative thoughts and take them into account every day by your own will towards being a sound character?
What would happen if god did not at all exist. Would you then work harder in this very day and moment to create something physical that can live past your own lifetime? (progeny, a book, a company, a charity)
If lets say god did not exist... Then couldn't you qualify yourself as the highest being in your personal consciousness? Therefore your own god. Responsible for yourself?
Wouldn't a catalyst of having people be this way allow for an embodiment of a whole society taking this way of life as precedent?
What I believe is look to yourself and only that. If people need more they then shall look to you. For you are a symbol of what people whould be.
Suqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:26:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2013 8:33:18 PM, ShortWinded wrote:
Not John Lennon style but more that we (earth) all decided to stop looking into history that... by my standards cannot be justified.
Sadly I am without direct education to any one particular religion. I have only entered into a church maybe 20-50 times in my life. Perhaps 5 times in actual ceremony.
So I cannot directly come up with book references. But looking to all the inhuman things that go along with religious stories. Parting water... water to wine... all of the animals in the world onto a boat...

Inhuman?

What about the Buddha story of the prince sitting under a tree and having demons assault him? Islam I honestly don't know a scratch about but I am sure there is much the same.

Don't know, can't compare!

It seems a touch out of date don't you think?

If you haven't read it, how can you know?

I more than ever believe in accepting that it is impossible to know everything (is that god??? I don't know) But can we abolish all the silly stories and ancient bias??

I don't like silly stories!

that comes with thousands years old methods of thought?
There will be no horses from hell... We know that the centre of the earth is hot. I give you that. But CMON!!!
Wouldn't it be better just to accept the unknown? Go to death actually NOT knowing whether or there is a an afterlife?

Not everyones the same!

Wouldn't it be best to NOT wait till Sunday for provocative thoughts and take them into account every day by your own will towards being a sound character?

Yes, everyday thinker.

What would happen if god did not at all exist. Would you then work harder in this very day and moment to create something physical that can live past your own lifetime? (progeny, a book, a company, a charity)
If lets say god did not exist... Then couldn't you qualify yourself as the highest being in your personal consciousness? Therefore your own god. Responsible for yourself?

But lets say god did not exist! Then you couldn't be a god? You are responsible for yourself.

Wouldn't a catalyst of having people be this way allow for an embodiment of a whole society taking this way of life as precedent?

Communism. That didn't work!

What I believe is look to yourself and only that. If people need more they then shall look to you. For you are a symbol of what people whould be.

Lol. Yes and what if they, the person your looking too, is looking to God as their example. Full circle!