Jump to topic:

I've been saved! The lord...

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:56:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why doesn't everyone because a Muslim? Tell me how my God is not the right God? How could I be wrong? How could the universe start without God? My God is the only God with TRUE predictions, and TRUE EYE witness accounts.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 10:13:41 PM
At 3/8/2013 9:54:17 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
ALLAH has saved me. I am now a Muslim. Prove me that my God doesn't exist, Christians.

Why should anybody give a crap?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 10:14:47 PM
At 3/8/2013 10:13:41 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
ALLAH has saved me. I am now a Muslim. Prove me that my God doesn't exist, Christians.

Why am I wrong?
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:09:32 PM
At 3/8/2013 9:56:41 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Why doesn't everyone because a Muslim?

Interesting point, but I think it could use a bit more elucidation. People not quite as intelligent as you may not fully understand.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:18:31 PM
At 3/8/2013 11:09:32 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

Interesting point, but I think it could use a bit more elucidation. People not quite as intelligent as you may not fully understand.

Oh Dakota. You and your big words....
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:27:51 PM
It's an argument from ignorance to claim X, then to assume it's true unless someone can produce a comprehensive, sophisticated refutation of all possible reasons in your meta-belief network.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:36:32 PM
At 3/8/2013 11:18:31 PM, Zaradi wrote:

I just want people to think I'm smart; in particular, smarter than those people. Is it working? (I hope so; it took me three thesauruses to find that one!)
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:05:39 AM
At 3/8/2013 11:36:32 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

I just want people to think I'm smart; in particular, smarter than those people. Is it working? (I hope so; it took me three thesauruses to find that one!)

Well if you're admitting that you had to look through multiple thesauruses to find a single word, that's not really smart, it just looks like you don't know how to use a thesaurus.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:06:27 AM

Also, totally just noticed the double negative. Very nice.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:11:18 AM
At 3/9/2013 12:05:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 3/8/2013 11:36:32 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

Well if you're admitting that you had to look through multiple thesauruses to find a single word, that's not really smart, it just looks like you don't know how to use a thesaurus.

Well, Mr. I'm-So-Good-At-Reading-Thesaurases, my endeavor to appear intelligent continues... endlessly... futilely...
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:12:26 AM
At 3/9/2013 12:06:27 AM, Zaradi wrote:

What can I say? I don't dislike double negatives.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:12:58 AM
At 3/9/2013 12:12:26 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 3/9/2013 12:06:27 AM, Zaradi wrote:

What can I say? I don't dislike double negatives.

http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:17:35 AM
Why doesn't everyone because a Muslim? Tell me how my God is not the right God? How could I be wrong? How could the universe start without God? My God is the only God with TRUE predictions, and TRUE EYE witness accounts.

The bible says.....

Check and Mate infidel.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:55:36 AM
ALLAH has saved me. I am now a Muslim. Prove me that my God doesn't exist, Christians.:

The Muslim's so called God does exist.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 1:14:41 AM

Oh, you go ahead and prove that your God is the right God. Better for you to waste your time typing if that's the goal here.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Center_for_Rationality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 2:18:47 AM
Well I can prove your "god" doesn't exist.

In order to be a Muslim you must take the Qur'an literally or at least mostly literal with symbolic passages.

On your User page you say
"I believe in some form of reincarnation, although nothing supernatural such as individuals being able to communicate with past lives, etc"
Furthermore, you say you are an atheist. Disregarding the the flawed reasoning of you coming to that conclusion("I believe human conscious all derives from the same source, thus we are all pieces of "God". God is simply what remains if all of the laws of nature ceased to exist." therefore Atheism. Wait.... maybe pantheism or Panentheism :)) all of this leads to a logically inconstitent conception of a divine entity you have fail to justify. Even if we are to assume that you have a case for the absolute truth of Islam there are further problem you must address:

Islamic scholars reconognize reincarnation is metaphysically impossible and contrary to the Qur'an. Some sects have embraced it, but none of the major branches.

Theists(okay maybe alot do but intelligent theists) do not expect to be proven wrong, they seek to prove they are correct. Using reasoning. Or faith some prefer, but it all leads to the same place.
Center_for_Rationality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 2:38:49 AM
OR ODIN AND NORSE GODS, that would be an awesome religion, by day drink mead and hang at the tavern and by night murder and pillage strongholds and villages and if you die you will go to Vanhalla.
Furthermore, Loki is a badass. And Norse Loki not f-ing avengers Loki -_-'
Center_for_Rationality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 2:39:30 AM
At 3/9/2013 2:38:49 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
OR ODIN AND NORSE GODS, that would be an awesome religion, by day drink mead and hang at the tavern and by night murder and pillage strongholds and villages and if you die you will go to Vanhalla.
Furthermore, Loki is a badass. And Norse Loki not f-ing avengers Loki -_-'

Then again your gods get fucked up by giants....
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 3:09:57 AM
At 3/9/2013 3:08:00 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the different between Christian and Muslim god?

One gets you virgins.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Center_for_Rationality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 3:21:23 AM

Do you want the easy or the complex answer?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 6:33:53 AM
At 3/8/2013 10:14:47 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/8/2013 10:13:41 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Why am I wrong?

Who cares?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 6:40:16 AM

There is no difference, according to both faiths there is only one God.

Allah is the Arabic word for God, both Christian and Muslim Arabic speaking people use the word Allah to refer to God.
Center_for_Rationality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 6:43:20 AM
At 3/9/2013 6:40:16 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

Allah is the Arabic word for God, both Christian and Muslim Arabic speaking people use the word Allah to refer to God.

That's oversimplification. There are theological differences that go beyond the basic translation issues. Furthermore, the issues go all the way to the Torah and Tanukah, biblical validity, the way to determine the validity of scripture, etc(i could go on and on).
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 9:48:20 PM

Sunni, Shi'ite, or Sufi?
I recommend going with Sufi, it's the shortest & easiest to spell. Not to mention the least violent.

& you failed at being a Muslim cause you didn't write pbuh.
You realize that's like apostasy. Death!
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 10:28:32 PM
At 3/9/2013 6:43:20 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
At 3/9/2013 6:40:16 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

That's oversimplification. There are theological differences that go beyond the basic translation issues. Furthermore, the issues go all the way to the Torah and Tanukah, biblical validity, the way to determine the validity of scripture, etc(i could go on and on).

Both faiths claim that God is transcendent and beyond human understanding, both claim there i only one God. If you want to talk Biblical validity, it says the word of God is not bound and that no man knows as he ought to know.

There are probably no two people that agree completely on every theological aspect, does that mean that between Christianity and Islam there are three billion Gods? Of course not, there is only one God, understood in a variety of ways by a variety of people, but nevertheless, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD".

"If there were therein Gods besides Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the earth) would have collapsed into disorder and chaos. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, transcendent beyond all they ascribe unto Him." - Holy Qu'ran 21:22

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." - 1 Corinthians 12:7