Jump to topic:

Electing the New Pope

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 8:37:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Everytime I see that 3D computer-produced depiction of the old men casting ballots in the Sistine Chapel, and the whole black smoke/white smoke rubbish, I can't help but mutter to myself "Oh my God, who the hell cares...." but then I remember that the answer's just about a couple million people. So, that inspired me to ask this question.

Can someone enlighten me as to the exact point of the Pope? Why is the media feverishly monitoring these old men cast votes for an event that will change nothing in our lives and the general good of humanity? Why is there a vote in the first place? You'd think that such a superstitious establishment would claim that the Pope was God's choice...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 8:41:37 PM
Especially when becoming a Pope is as easy as joining Discordianism. All Discordians automatically became a Pope.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 8:42:55 PM
"Why is the media feverishly monitoring these old men cast votes for an event that will change nothing in our lives and the general good of humanity?"

Good question. They'll have about seventy fallible old men convene, then the politicking will get in high gear, and after awhile, the 70 fallible votes will be counted, and they'll have a new infallible leader.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."