Jump to topic:

Looking to Debate the Cosmological Argument

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 1:21:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
To apply, you will require an Elo score above 3,869 (since phantom has already applied for the position).

http://debate.org...

Religion is a topic I've mostly stayed away from on DDO because I've noticed that the winners these debates tend to based on whether more theists come out to vote or more atheists come out to vote -- and not necessarily based on the arguments made. So, I'd also like to set up a small jury of unbiased voters for this debate (any odd number of people will do), so if you're interested in voting on this debate, lemme know here and I'll get back to you (my opponent will also have to agree with you as a member of the jury).
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 1:27:27 PM
At 3/12/2013 1:21:33 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
To apply, you will require an Elo score above 3,869 (since phantom has already applied for the position).

Religion is a topic I've mostly stayed away from on DDO because I've noticed that the winners these debates tend to based on whether more theists come out to vote or more atheists come out to vote -- and not necessarily based on the arguments made. So, I'd also like to set up a small jury of unbiased voters for this debate (any odd number of people will do), so if you're interested in voting on this debate, lemme know here and I'll get back to you (my opponent will also have to agree with you as a member of the jury).

Reading your debate, I think you might benefit from a clarification of the standard of evidence...by saying the argument is assumed sound until proven otherwise, you might be shooting yourself in the foot, because it would seem that you would be not just in a position to show that the premises are unsupported, but rather that they're wrong.

Though, I suppose that might be your intention.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 1:42:52 PM
At 3/12/2013 1:27:27 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/12/2013 1:21:33 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Reading your debate, I think you might benefit from a clarification of the standard of evidence...by saying the argument is assumed sound until proven otherwise, you might be shooting yourself in the foot, because it would seem that you would be not just in a position to show that the premises are unsupported, but rather that they're wrong.

Though, I suppose that might be your intention.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.