Jump to topic:

No "winner" yet

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:11:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, the politicking, hand-shaking, maneuvering and deal-making is ON, and the first votes were cast: CNN reported the results as "No Winner in First Vote to Elect New Pope." That's pretty accurate. The Democrats, Republicas, and Independents can't hold a candle to the Jesuits, Dominicans, Franciscans, and Marianists as they form alliances, make deals, and blackball contenders. Lest we forget the reason for all this, here it is - in their own words:

"Now, therefore, we declare, say, determine, and pronounce that for every human creature it is necessary to salvation to be subject to the authority of the Roman Pontiff." (Catholic Encyclopedia, XV, Catholic Truth Committee, The Encyclopedia Press, Inc, NY, 1913, p. 126)

"But the supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires together with perfect accord in the one faith, complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff as to God Himself." (Leo XIII, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, Benziger Brothers, NY, p. 193)

"The Roman Pontiff has from on high an authority which is supreme, above all others and subject to none." (Pius XI, in Encyclical, Light of Truth, p. 5)

"The dogmatic definition contained in the Bull (Unam Sanctum by Boniface VIII in 1302 AD) is the doctrine necessarily held by every Catholic, namely, that by divine law all men are subject to the jurisdiction of St. Peter and his successors, the Roman Pontiffs." (Wedewer, Hermann and McSorley, Joseph, Short History of the Catholic Church, B. Herder Book Co, St. Louis, MO, 1923, p. 103)

From what has been said, it follows that it is quite unlawful to demand, to defend, or to grant unconditional freedom of thought, of speech, or writing or of worship, as if these were so many rights given by nature to man." (Leo XIII, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, Benziger Brothers, NY, p. 161)

Just thought we should be reminded of the perceived importance of the selection being made - since we all are subject to his majesty (whether we know it or not), and "knowing it" is necessary to salvation. And he says that it is unlawful to demand freedom of thought, speech, writing, and worship. Un-American?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:15:22 PM
Come at Pope Francis.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:44:05 PM
If being subject to the Pope is necessary for salvation, and there is no Pope, doesn't that mean that nobody can be saved right now?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:25:04 PM
At 3/13/2013 2:44:05 PM, philochristos wrote:
If being subject to the Pope is necessary for salvation, and there is no Pope, doesn't that mean that nobody can be saved right now?

Hmmm. I dont know. They have gone as long as three years, but I think they say you are just subject to the college of cardinals during that time.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:30:15 PM
At 3/13/2013 2:15:22 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Come at Pope Francis.

Yeah, I saw that. He's already picked himself out a name and stuff. I bet Dogknox has already kissed his toe.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:40:36 PM
You know what would be funny? If he gave an acceptance speech in which he said, "Nobody better call me Francis."
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 5:35:53 PM
At 3/13/2013 3:25:04 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:44:05 PM, philochristos wrote:

Hmmm. I dont know. They have gone as long as three years, but I think they say you are just subject to the college of cardinals during that time.

What about subject to GOD?!?

Yeah!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:35:38 PM
At 3/13/2013 2:15:22 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Come at Pope Francis.

A Jesuit, my favorite order, and he's chose my favorite Saint for a namesake....this is getting very interesting...I'm excited!

And nope, I'm not Catholic, but I still have a favorite order of Catholicism, and a favorite Saint, and a favorite Pope (John Paul II). He's Argentinean too, and 76, this is unprecedented on a lot of levels.

We know the Church has some big problems that need to be addressed, they probably picked him because he's an outsider, he can come in with guns blazing, heads are gonna have to roll and this guy is known to be a reformer hard a$$, he's smart, he's passionate about justice, probably the best man for the job considering the task at hand.

I was not a fan of Benedict, after John Paul II nobody was going to fill those shoes anyway, (JPII was my all time favorite Pope), certainly not Benedict, but I think this new Pope is just what the doctor ordered, I think he will be a great Pope and my prayers are with him.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:31:11 PM
At 3/13/2013 3:40:36 PM, philochristos wrote:
You know what would be funny? If he gave an acceptance speech in which he said, "Nobody better call me Francis."

I like the papal name "Innocent". Isn't that, like, paradoxical? "Slaughter the heretics by the authority of Pope Innocent."