ASK GOD: ATHElSTS EDlTlON! NAC

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:52:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. God, do you hate us atheists?

Dear atheist, I don't hate you. I just don't understand why you don't believe I exist. Why do you need proof? WTF?!

2. God, why do Atheists often act more Christian than Christians?

Where is your scientific evidence for that? I'm going to need to see some empirical data backing up that claim.

3. If Atheism is a religion, then is OFF a TV channel?

Wait, TV channels are religions??! DAMN YOU, CNN!!!!

4. I'm an atheist, yet I haven't acquired a taste for eating babies. I can't even bring myself to try one. Is it possible I've developed morals without God?

Don't lie, atheist scum. You gorged yourself on veal parmesan just two nights ago! You. Sick. F*ck.

5. Why do people with higher IQs tend to be atheist?

Smart people think too much and thinking too much leads to atheism and sadness. Knowledge is misery.

6. Why do people with lower IQs insist on breeding so much?

Stupid people have lots of unprotected sex and are quite happy. Ignorance is bliss.

7. Why haven't you provided proof of your existence??

Holy shlt! You God truthers are just ridiculous. No matter how much evidence I provide, it will never be enough! You wanted the existence certificate, so I provided that. Then you wanted the long form certificate, so I provided that. I have a Facebook page. I answer questions there. What more do you want from God? A holy stool sample?!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 5:37:56 PM
At 3/13/2013 10:52:20 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

This refutes so well the common theistic arguments that atheism is also a religion.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:08:03 PM
At 3/14/2013 5:37:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

This refutes so well the common theistic arguments that atheism is also a religion.

I agree that atheism is not a religion.

But whenever the atheist designs big 'A' symbols for atheism, creates premature naturalistic explanations for every phenomenon, and obsesses over science as if it were in some sort of explanatory conflict with theism, he begins to act just as 'blind' as the religious people he mocks...
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:11:55 PM

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:12:15 PM
At 3/14/2013 6:08:03 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

But whenever the atheist designs big 'A' symbols for atheism, creates premature naturalistic explanations for every phenomenon, and obsesses over science as if it were in some sort of explanatory conflict with theism, he begins to act just as 'blind' as the religious people he mocks...

Science is the application of reason. If people don't think rationally, they are not better than theists, correct.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:17:08 PM

I don't think the subset of people who "create premature naturalistic explanations" is the same as the subset of people who are atheists. People of the first subset may be theists or atheists.

I believe what you are referring to are common scientific explanations like the Big Bang Theory and Evolution that conflict with common theistic explanations of god creating and ruling the universe and life being designed by an intelligent creator. These ideas conflict so the perception of conflict is not imaginary.

I find "obsess" a rather loaded word. The assertion that atheists "obsess" over science isn't true.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:24:55 PM
At 3/14/2013 6:17:08 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I don't think the subset of people who "create premature naturalistic explanations" is the same as the subset of people who are atheists. People of the first subset may be theists or atheists.

I'm not saying they are universally atheists, and I'm certainly not saying all atheists do such a thing. I mean to say that trying to 'explain away' every phenomenon prematurely as an atheist is a byproduct of excessive devotion to their lack of religion.

I believe what you are referring to are common scientific explanations like the Big Bang Theory and Evolution that conflict with common theistic explanations of god creating and ruling the universe and life being designed by an intelligent creator. These ideas conflict so the perception of conflict is not imaginary.

I accept both the Big Bang and evolution. When I say 'naturalistic explanations', I mean in the sense that Rosenberg believes consciousness is an illusion, etc., simply because he believes there is absolutely nothing beyond the physical world.

I find "obsess" a rather loaded word. The assertion that atheists "obsess" over science isn't true.

I'm not saying all atheists do. Those atheists like Alex Rosenberg are the kind of atheists I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion. I definitely don't mean to say that you are that sort of atheist, as I believe this is my first interaction with you. I was making a point about a particular kind of atheist that does in fact treat atheism as a religion.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:51:00 PM

There is, by definition, a conflict between science and theism. That is because the basis for science is methodological naturalism, and the axiom that certain things are absolute in this universe. As such, the idea of a super natural being that can break these absolutes directly conflicts with the scientific method.

If you were simply referring to the body of knowledge sometimes referred to as science, then in some cases there is still a conflict. It all depends on what you believe god is or does/did.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:54:43 PM
At 3/14/2013 6:51:00 PM, muzebreak wrote:

There is, by definition, a conflict between science and theism. That is because the basis for science is methodological naturalism, and the axiom that certain things are absolute in this universe. As such, the idea of a super natural being that can break these absolutes directly conflicts with the scientific method.

That doesn't create an explanatory conflict between science and theism. It just means science is naturalistic in practice, and there is absolutely no problem with that. Plenty of scientists, as I'm sure you already know, were theists -- they just didn't allow for supernatural explanations in their study.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 7:06:12 PM
8) Could you clarify your position on earthquakes being punishments ?

A) Sure, I just send them at random, then let the primates send themself into a tizzy trying to figure out what they are doing to enrage my wrath, its fricken hilarious !!!

9) Do you hate homosexuals ?

A) Depends on the species, if they are human, yes absolutely, if they are penguins its kinda cute.

10) Why won't you heal the amputee's

A) Cause I am do busy giving athletes power up to win the championship so they can glorify me.

11) No seriously, why won't you heal the amputee's ?

A) I gave you two legs and two arms for a reason, one is a spare, quite your b*tching.

12) How come you don't stop child rape and torture ?

A) Free will, its very important to me that the rapist and child torture have that freedom to do such things.

13) How come the freedom to rape and torture children is so important to you that it even trumps the child's well being ?

A) Mysterious ways motherf*cker

14) Does that mean when we stop a child from being raped and tortured we are going against their God given freedom to do such acts ? should we not stop such acts ?

A) Yes....wait....errr....NO.....no wait I mean, see it depends on the context........ummm what you have to remember...ya know what....how about you just stop asking so many questions.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 7:55:54 PM
Why did you murder babies with the 10th plague?

Ummm...about that...I may have overreacted. But the cool thing is that whatever I do is moral because I make morality.