Jump to topic:

Catholics and hypocrites

Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:07:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Since I have been here I have noticed that people like to bash Catholics alot. I disagree myself with alot of decisions by the RCC but they are Christians. I refuse to believe that all Catholics are bad even. In any group there are good and there are bad. Should we judge the entire group for a few?

People who have issues with Catholic doctrine or actions or practices, voice them here.

Catholics feel free to educate us about why it is you do these actions, practices and what your doctrine really is.

Please try to hold the insults.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:25:32 AM
I am here.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:26:27 AM
At 3/14/2013 8:25:32 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
I am here.

So am I.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:28:50 AM
Do you have to be totally dependant on the Pope and RCC or can you makes decisions for yourself? (not to mean trivial decisions)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:31:40 AM
At 3/14/2013 8:28:50 AM, Pennington wrote:
Do you have to be totally dependant on the Pope and RCC

No.

or can you makes decisions for yourself? (not to mean trivial decisions)

Yes, unless you're deciding against something that the Magisterium has already spoken on definitively. You're free to come up with your own stuff if the topic at hand is still an open question, but once it's decided one way or the other you must yield.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:38:46 AM
At 3/14/2013 8:31:40 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

No.
nope

Yes, unless you're deciding against something that the Magisterium has already spoken on definitively. You're free to come up with your own stuff if the topic at hand is still an open question, but once it's decided one way or the other you must yield.

Yes I make desisions by myself all the time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:57:50 AM
At 3/14/2013 8:31:40 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

No.

wow...The RCC has Doctrine and Dogma. All Dogma is final and not open for discussion. Doctrine is not, ad you may, in good conscience, disagree. The Magisterium concerns itself with Doctrinal matters, as Dogmatic are closed. The confusion is infallibility of the Pope, promulgated with VAT I.

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome and speaks for all the bishops as their head. As head of the Bishops the successors of the Apostles, he speaks for the Church. If he thinks it is a bit warm today, that is not infallible. If he proclaims ex cathedra it is. Only one Pope invoked excathedra, and all tings on which he did were census fidei (from the faithful). Many proclaim orthodoxy but forget everything pre 1515.

No one Bishop has more authority than another and the Pope is the Ordinary of Rome. (Dogma)
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:59:32 AM
Can you not reconize saints and Mary and only Jesus? Can you have a relationship with Jesus without the Pope or RCC? Can you be saved without the Pope or the RCC?
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:05:05 AM
At 3/14/2013 8:59:32 AM, Pennington wrote:
Can you not reconize saints and Mary and only Jesus? Can you have a relationship with Jesus without the Pope or RCC? Can you be saved without the Pope or the RCC?

A saint is anyone in heaven, my favorite is Oskar Schindler. Mary IS the Mother of God, who denies that? Virgin....same question. Jesus died and rose for all...

All evangelicals use as a measure of Dctrine that it be non-catholic.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:09:12 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:05:05 AM, logicrules wrote:

A saint is anyone in heaven, my favorite is Oskar Schindler. Mary IS the Mother of God, who denies that? Virgin....same question. Jesus died and rose for all...

All evangelicals use as a measure of Dctrine that it be non-catholic.:

My favorite is Enoch. No one denies that Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ but can you not praise her at all?
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:15:27 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:09:12 AM, Pennington wrote:

All evangelicals use as a measure of Dctrine that it be non-catholic.:

My favorite is Enoch. No one denies that Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ but can you not praise her at all?

Well, I am not sure where you gt your information. Are you claiming it is wrong to praise good jobs? Are you claiming that others can not pray for you and/or you others? Are you thinking that life is not everlasting?
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:21:47 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:15:27 AM, logicrules wrote:

Well, I am not sure where you gt your information. Are you claiming it is wrong to praise good jobs? Are you claiming that others can not pray for you and/or you others? Are you thinking that life is not everlasting?:

Praying for is not praying to. Life is everlasting if you have Jesus Christ. Different levels of praise.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:30:21 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:21:47 AM, Pennington wrote:

Well, I am not sure where you gt your information. Are you claiming it is wrong to praise good jobs? Are you claiming that others can not pray for you and/or you others? Are you thinking that life is not everlasting?:

Praying for is not praying to. Life is everlasting if you have Jesus Christ. Different levels of praise.

I see.

Catholic teaching 101. Prayer is talking to, communication with. All prayer goes to God and we humans pray to God for one another. Mary, at the wedding feast, asked Jesus to do that which he initially did not wish to do and the quests got more wine. Thus, catholics follow the example in scripture and ask Mary to talk to her son for us.

Teaching 601. Mary is the first Christian. She, alone among all who were or shall be, was chosen to fully accept, nurture, birth and know the Christ. She is the Virgin Made Church and we prefer God's choice to man's.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:35:30 AM
Pennington THINK it through...
"You CAN'T baptize yourself!!!"
Baptism IMMERSES you into the Body of the risen Jesus, if you are NOT in Jesus then you are not a Child of God!
UNTIL..
Pennington until you are baptized you are a child of Adam.. you are born outside of the kingdom! The CHURCH.. Jesus' holy bride forms people with the waters of baptism into the body of Jesus!
The Groom sends his gift the Holy Spirit.. THUS..
Pennington thus you are "RE-Formed" by water AND Spirit!

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
&
John 3:5
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

DO YOU SEE IT?? (above) Water "AND" Spirit save!

Pennington Baptism "ADDS" people to Jesus' HOLY BODY!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Pennington THE Holy Catholic Church "ADDED" 3000 people to Jesus' holy body the first day of Pentecost!

Pennington YOU NEED CHURCH to be IMMERSED into the body of Jesus!

You can't immerse yourself.. DUH!!

Pennington Baptism makes DISCIPLES!!
THE GREAT COMMISSION: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them...

You need Jesus' Holy BRIDE to become a BROTHER of Jesus!
Disciples are Jesus' brothers!
Matthew 12:49
Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

The Holy Catholic Church makes BROTHERS for Jesus by Baptism.. YOU CAN'T BAPTIZE YOURSELF!!!!

IF..
Pennington if Jesus was your BROTHER God would be your FATHER! If you were ADDED to Jesus risen Body you would also rise! YOU NEED the Holy Catholic Church to be saved!
Baptism makes DISCIPLES of all nations.. all DISCIPLES are Jesus' Brothers, all DISCIPLES call God FATHER! ALL...
Pennington All disciples all BROTHERS of Jesus honor Mary our MOTHER!

You need CHURCH to be saved..The BRIDE feeds her children "LIVING life giving food!"
ALL....
Pennington all who do not eat starve to death.. Moses ate the manna for 40 years it was NOT Symbolic food! Jesus is the REAL MANNA thus he is REAL FOOD also!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

You need Church to become God' CHILD you need Church to feed you!!
Catholic' are saved because, they are CATHOLIC they are IN Jesus body, and Jesus is in US!
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Run from your protesting church they reject baptism as only symbolic, they reject communion as only symbolic.. NO PLACE..
Pennington no place can be found in the scriptures that says.. the flesh of Jesus is symbolic or Baptism is symbolic! You believe their teachings over the scriptures!

Dogknox
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:37:11 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:35:30 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Baptism IMMERSES you into the Body of the risen Jesus, if you are NOT in Jesus then you are not a Child of God!
UNTIL..
Pennington until you are baptized you are a child of Adam.. you are born outside of the kingdom! The CHURCH.. Jesus' holy bride forms people with the waters of baptism into the body of Jesus!

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
&
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Pennington THE Holy Catholic Church "ADDED" 3000 people to Jesus' holy body the first day of Pentecost!

THE GREAT COMMISSION: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them...

The Holy Catholic Church makes BROTHERS for Jesus by Baptism.. YOU CAN'T BAPTIZE YOURSELF!!!!

IF..
Pennington if Jesus was your BROTHER God would be your FATHER! If you were ADDED to Jesus risen Body you would also rise! YOU NEED the Holy Catholic Church to be saved!
Baptism makes DISCIPLES of all nations.. all DISCIPLES are Jesus' Brothers, all DISCIPLES call God FATHER! ALL...

You need CHURCH to be saved..The BRIDE feeds her children "LIVING life giving food!"
ALL....
Pennington all who do not eat starve to death.. Moses ate the manna for 40 years it was NOT Symbolic food! Jesus is the REAL MANNA thus he is REAL FOOD also!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Catholic' are saved because, they are CATHOLIC they are IN Jesus body, and Jesus is in US!

Run from your protesting church they reject baptism as only symbolic, they reject communion as only symbolic.. NO PLACE..
Pennington no place can be found in the scriptures that says.. the flesh of Jesus is symbolic or Baptism is symbolic! You believe their teachings over the scriptures!

Dogknox

Charitas est ?
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 10:28:36 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:35:30 AM, Dogknox wrote:
UNTIL..

&

IF..

ALL....

Dogknox:

Simple answers not preaching or random quotes.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 11:59:11 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:30:21 AM, logicrules wrote:

I see.

Catholic teaching 101. Prayer is talking to, communication with. All prayer goes to God and we humans pray to God for one another. Mary, at the wedding feast, asked Jesus to do that which he initially did not wish to do and the quests got more wine. Thus, catholics follow the example in scripture and ask Mary to talk to her son for us. :
I disagree.

Teaching 601. Mary is the first Christian. She, alone among all who were or shall be, was chosen to fully accept, nurture, birth and know the Christ. She is the Virgin Made Church and we prefer God's choice to man's.:
I do not think there is a first or second Christian or that it matters.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:11:28 PM
I'm a self-contradicting Catholic dimwit, if that counts.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:15:15 PM
Pennington your words.. Catholics feel free to educate us about why it is you do these actions, practices and what your doctrine really is.
I told you UP FRONT.. You need the Catholic Church and this is why!!!

Then you say..
Simple answers not preaching or random quotes.

NOT PREACHING???... Could I have said.. "The Catholic Church saves" period!!!? NO!!
To say: "You MUST have the Catholic Church to be saved" I had to continue explaining in as few words as possible as to WHY!!?

NOT PREACHING... I post scriptures.. Scriptures do not lie!
Baptism ADDS people to Jesus' Holy Blameless Catholic Church!
Pennington YOU CAN'T BAPTIZE YOURSELF!! Thus you can't save yourself!!

You said.. educate us?!
I post scriptures..
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Scriptures tell you "The CHURCH is Jesus' body!!"
YOUR WORDS.. Catholics feel free to educate us about why it is you do these actions, practices and what your doctrine really is.

Pennington We EAT the flesh of Jesus because we are CHRISTIANS.. Christians believe the words of Jesus!

Pennington These people are NOT Christian..
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

This man is Christian thus he believes the words of Jesus.
Ignatius of Antioch
Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:19:26 PM
At 3/14/2013 12:15:15 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Pennington your words.. Catholics feel free to educate us about why it is you do these actions, practices and what your doctrine really is.
I told you UP FRONT.. You need the Catholic Church and this is why!!!:
Scriptures never say this.

NOT PREACHING???... Could I have said.. "The Catholic Church saves" period!!!? NO!!:
The catholic church doesn't save, Jesus Christ does.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:34:39 PM
At 3/14/2013 12:19:26 PM, Pennington wrote:

Dogknox is not declaring that the Bible explicitly mentions the Roman Catholic Church as needed for salvation. Rather, he is deducing the soterial necessity of the Catholic Church from baptismal mandates in the Bible, which he lists below your quote.

(Let it be known that although I am Catholic, I am not yet sure of my stance on what Dogknox is talking about.)
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:51:52 PM

A saint is anyone in heaven, my favorite is Oskar Schindler.

A saint is any faithful Christian on earth.

Mary IS the Mother of God, who denies that?

I do.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:55:08 PM
At 3/14/2013 12:34:39 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Dogknox is not declaring that the Bible explicitly mentions the Roman Catholic Church as needed for salvation. Rather, he is deducing the soterial necessity of the Catholic Church from baptismal mandates in the Bible, which he lists below your quote.

(Let it be known that although I am Catholic, I am not yet sure of my stance on what Dogknox is talking about.)

Dogknox is not coming right out and saying it, but he thinks that Roman Catholics (or the Roman Catholic church) is the only sect or group that can baptize. Period. That's his supposition. Then since a person must be baptized to be saved, he needs the Roman Catholic sect to do it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:58:36 PM
At 3/14/2013 12:34:39 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

(Let it be known that although I am Catholic, I am not yet sure of my stance on what Dogknox is talking about.):

I disagree for lack of scriptural evidence.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 1:02:56 PM
At 3/14/2013 12:51:52 PM, annanicole wrote:

A saint is anyone in heaven, my favorite is Oskar Schindler.

A saint is any faithful Christian on earth.

Mary IS the Mother of God, who denies that?

I do.

Amen.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 2:22:51 PM
At 3/14/2013 11:59:11 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/14/2013 9:30:21 AM, logicrules wrote:

I see.

Catholic teaching 101. Prayer is talking to, communication with. All prayer goes to God and we humans pray to God for one another. Mary, at the wedding feast, asked Jesus to do that which he initially did not wish to do and the quests got more wine. Thus, catholics follow the example in scripture and ask Mary to talk to her son for us. :
I disagree.

Teaching 601. Mary is the first Christian. She, alone among all who were or shall be, was chosen to fully accept, nurture, birth and know the Christ. She is the Virgin Made Church and we prefer God's choice to man's.:

Well it is what the Church teaches, I did not think you would understand. fyi there is always a first.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 4:30:03 PM
At 3/14/2013 2:22:51 PM, logicrules wrote:

Thus, catholics follow the example in scripture and ask Mary to talk to her son for us. :
Why though when Jesus saves and forgives? You can go to Him directly.

Well it is what the Church teaches, I did not think you would understand. fyi there is always a first.:
Can you prove Mary was the first Christian? How do you not know that hundreds were not saved instantly when the first were saved?
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 5:25:06 PM
At 3/14/2013 4:30:03 PM, Pennington wrote:

Thus, catholics follow the example in scripture and ask Mary to talk to her son for us. :

Well it is what the Church teaches, I did not think you would understand. fyi there is always a first.:
Can you prove Mary was the first Christian? How do you not know that hundreds were not saved instantly when the first were saved?

I can, to those who accept the basics of Christianity, Absent that acceptance doubtful.

Mary, while she was pregnant, knew she bore the Christ and said yes to God. Ergo, First Christian in that she was the First to know the Christ and in whom he lived. Many US Christians find this basic difficult. Francis of Assisi called her the Virgin Made Church.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:48:31 PM
At 3/14/2013 5:25:06 PM, logicrules wrote:

I can, to those who accept the basics of Christianity, Absent that acceptance doubtful.

Mary, while she was pregnant, knew she bore the Christ and said yes to God. Ergo, First Christian in that she was the First to know the Christ and in whom he lived. Many US Christians find this basic difficult. Francis of Assisi called her the Virgin Made Church.:

I can say there were many before Mary who knew about Jesus and believed in Him. The 3 wisemen knew of Jesus. Then again how are you Christian before Jesus's sacrifice? If after His sacrifice then I say all believers became Christian at that point.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:37:16 PM
At 3/14/2013 8:48:31 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/14/2013 5:25:06 PM, logicrules wrote:

Mary, while she was pregnant, knew she bore the Christ and said yes to God. Ergo, First Christian in that she was the First to know the Christ and in whom he lived. Many US Christians find this basic difficult. Francis of Assisi called her the Virgin Made Church.:

I can say there were many before Mary who knew about Jesus and believed in Him. The 3 wisemen knew of Jesus. Then again how are you Christian before Jesus's sacrifice? If after His sacrifice then I say all believers became Christian at that point.

Well you can do alot but we ere talking the ecclisiology of the RCC...now your individual ecclisiology I am sure is fascinating, but not the issue.