Jump to topic:

fallun gong has no inconsistencies|

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 9:10:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
A religion should be judged by its effect in elevating its people to a higher level Higher level is not defined by the amount of suicide acts it commits..! Higher level is not messured by its beheadings..! Higher level is by bringing love on to all gods creations..! All claim that its book promotes peace however some would still kill for their god..! Imagine a god creating a book to bring peace but cuasing jihad..! Imagine a god creating a book to bring love but its cuasing hate..! Imagine a god creating a book to bring life but his book is cuasing killings ,beheadings,kid killings,suicide attacks..! A god instructing to kill or even on that his call to love cuases to kill ,not only could not be a god he could not be a principle from a school... Fallun dafa a religion consistant with the creator creating synergy and love to all gods creatures
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 9:28:48 PM
Falun Gong, is just another, in a long line, of Buddhist offshoots, promoting mystical energy, magic healing and anti materialism. The supernatural powers claimed by the leaders are undemonstrated and false. So yes, it is inconsistent.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 10:08:05 PM
At 11/8/2009 9:10:00 PM, banker wrote:
A religion should be judged by its effect in elevating its people to a higher level

What if it's entire purpose was to make the lower level of existence more bearable?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 10:40:16 PM
A religion should, like any set of beliefs about the nature of reality, be judged on evidence. I'd have to agree with Puck here that Falun Gong is quite lacking here. It should thus be judged as likely false.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 3:26:21 AM
Puck is this the only religion that's spiritual? How could one disqualify a religion by saying its only spiritual not factual when the essence of religion is super natrual...? I take it your being sarcastic.!!!

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 3:28:26 AM
At 11/9/2009 3:26:21 AM, banker wrote:
Puck is this the only religion that's spiritual? How could one disqualify a religion by saying its only spiritual not factual when the essence of religion is super natrual...? I take it your being sarcastic.!!!
No, I'm pretty sure that's also why he dismisses all the other religions as well. At least, if he's anything like me. I don't recall him defending other religions.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 4:08:59 AM
Omelet I take it he is and so are you ethiest. Hence all religions according to you are inconsistent..! The points of this topic was not addressing ethiesim why is it related to my topic?

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 6:01:36 AM
At 11/9/2009 4:08:59 AM, banker wrote:
Omelet I take it he is and so are you ethiest. Hence all religions according to you are inconsistent..! The points of this topic was not addressing ethiesim why is it related to my topic?

You posted an erroneous claim on a public forum. Presumably that means you sought replies. Mine was to correct your error. It has nothing to do with my being atheist - which is a conclusion, not a standard.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 6:22:00 AM
At 11/9/2009 6:01:36 AM, Puck wrote:
You posted an erroneous claim on a public forum. Presumably that means you sought replies. Mine was to correct your error. It has nothing to do with my being atheist - which is a conclusion, not a standard.

He said Etheist. Maybe he means Ethernet-theists?
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 1:47:25 PM
At 11/9/2009 4:08:59 AM, banker wrote:
I don't believe your religion is inconsistent because I'm an atheist. In fact, I don't recall saying it was inconsistent. It just doesn't have any evidence supporting it. All beliefs about the nature of reality require evidence to be rationally believed. One could say that due to there being a lack of evidence for any religious belief, I am an atheist.

What you're doing is equivalent to reading Harry Potter, saying it's a nice story, then believing it's true for that reason. Please, tell me, what indicates to you that Falun Gong is true?
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 9:00:16 PM
The question about evidance on a religion is absurd and rediculous...!
The very reason its called a believe is that compared to phisical science its not bieng able to prove...! However since a doctor could not utilize his tools to inspect a home,or a plumber could not utilize his skils to analize legal issues,however ethiests as much as they pride themselves with their analitical skills,they fail to comperhand that your not able to massure spiritual existance with phisical tools...!
And to answer how we could judge it is persicely the point you tried to nolify with sarcasem however since sarcasem is not logic all I could say is try again..!

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 9:07:37 PM
Unlike your analegy to harry poter here the intelactual spirit the creator source designed a system synergisticly ,hence proving it successful is prooving its true..,

A religion should be judged by its effect in elevating its people to a higher level Higher level is not defined by the amount of suicide acts it commits..! Higher level is not messured by its beheadings..! Higher level is by bringing love on to all gods creations..! All claim that its book promotes peace however some would still kill for their god..! Imagine a god creating a book to bring peace but cuasing jihad..! Imagine a god creating a book to bring love but its cuasing hate..! Imagine a god creating a book to bring life but his book is cuasing killings ,beheadings,kid killings,suicide attacks..! A god instructing to kill or even on that his call to love cuases to kill ,not only could not be a god he could not be a principle from a school... Fallun dafa a religion consistant with the creator creating synergy and love to all gods creatures

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 3:37:56 AM
Omelet I did not admit to anything ..!
Its sad that you don't have to be honest..!
No hell...! No karma...!
Why should you not lie.?
But If you would have to be honest you would admit..!
That I never said that..!
And you would not play debate tactics..!

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 4:19:44 AM
The fact you use terms like 'creator' and 'his creatures' indicates you may want to read a bit more about the roots of Falun Gong. It is not some odd Christian compatible doctrine.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 6:16:49 AM
Falun Gong = Cult

Founder is a nutcase: Check

Founder thinks he has connections to some deity: Check

Founder thinks that practice can make you immortal, levitate, and shoot fireballs: Check
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 7:55:39 PM
Love your guys wisdom in using sarcasem...!

When logic dosnt work sarcasem is very handy

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 5:19:47 PM
Sarcasm is used in place of logic when a statement presented is so illogical, that only tone of voice is required to demonstrate it's fallaciousness.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 8:00:29 PM
Klaptin sorry you find my point non logical please explain me why..? I admire your your opinion

omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 8:16:27 PM
At 11/10/2009 3:37:56 AM, banker wrote:
No hell...! No karma...!
Why should you not lie.?

If you do have a rational reason, I apologize for assuming that you didn't. When you said religions should not be judged on whether they had evidence to support their claims, I inferred that your belief had no evidence supporting it.

If there is evidence that convinced you that the claims of Falun Gong are true, I'd like to request that you share this evidence with us. If not, I'd like to reassert that your belief in Falun Gong is irrational.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 7:26:07 PM
At 11/12/2009 8:00:29 PM, banker wrote:
Klaptin sorry you find my point non logical please explain me why..? I admire your your opinion

This is my point, banker:

What makes Falun Gong different from a cult?

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 10:55:19 AM
At 11/10/2009 3:37:56 AM, banker wrote:
No hell...! No karma...!
Why should you not lie.?

Nice Haiku
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 11:13:51 AM
Omelet we are not playing hide and seek now..! Ignoring a point your not able to refute ,then saying that I m not able to rationalize...! That not logical that's hypocritical...! Here is again a point your hiding from, The question about evidance on a religion is absurd and rediculous...!The very reason its called a believe is that compared to phisical science its not bieng able to prove...! However since a doctor could not utilize his tools to inspect a home,or a plumber could not utilize his skils to analize legal issues,however ethiests as much as they pride themselves with their analitical skills,they fail to comperhand that your not able to massure spiritual existance with phisical tools...!And to answer how we could judge it is persicely the point you tried to nolify with sarcasem however since sarcasem is not logic all I could say is try again..!

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 3:40:51 PM
I need to be spiritual before I can be spiritual? I need the evidence before I can access it as evidence? Recruit fail.
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:25:12 PM
At 11/15/2009 11:13:51 AM, banker wrote:
The very reason its called a believe is that compared to phisical science its not bieng able to prove...!
And that's precisely why it's irrational to believe in any religion - because they expect you to accept a story as true just because someone says it's true, not because there's evidence.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:34:17 PM
Puck your briliant you got me thinking I admire your wisdom ...! I am asking to get me on your friends list