Total Posts:111|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Scriptures >ALONE< is not found in the bible

Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 1:48:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!:

The Bible does not say "The Trinity," yet it is a fundamental doctrine of Christianity. Bible is the final authority! We should look to it as the final and inerrant source. The Bible does not approve of some of the RCC tradition.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 2:09:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 1:48:14 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!:

The Bible does not say "The Trinity," yet it is a fundamental doctrine of Christianity. Bible is the final authority! We should look to it as the final and inerrant source. The Bible does not approve of some of the RCC tradition.

Yeah, because rabbits chew cud, and bats are birds.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 11:21:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 1:48:14 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!:

The Bible does not say "The Trinity," yet it is a fundamental doctrine of Christianity. Bible is the final authority! We should look to it as the final and inerrant source. The Bible does not approve of some of the RCC tradition.
Pennington Thank you for your reply.
You are right the Bible does NOT say "Trinity"!
The TRINITY was made a DOCTRINE by a "Catholic" Church council! Why back when.. Same with the Doctrine of "Incarnation" (Jesus is 100% man and 100% God)
.........
Your words.. . Bible is the final authority! We should look to it as the final and inerrant source. The Bible does not approve of some of the RCC tradition.

Pennington And to this (above)... I reply.. It is a historical documented fact.. The Catholic Church made the bible! The Pope closed the canon in 400 A.D.
You must accept the Holy Catholic Church put all the correct inspired manuscripts into her book and she tossed out all the false phony manuscripts!
Pennington Toss your bible out your stinking window if you reject the AUTHORITY of the Holy Catholic Church, how can you be sure she got it right when she made her bible!
Historical fact: The Catholic Church named her book "The Bible"!

Pennington The bible says opposite to you; Approving all the traditions of the Holy Catholic Church!

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Do you see it? The Holy Catholic Church has all of God' authority to TEACH ALL NATIONS!

1 Corinthians 11:2
I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

The Holy Catholic Church keeps the TRADITIONS of the Apostles you reject traditions of the Church for traditions of men! The TRADITIONS of the Apostles you reject!

Historical FACT: Martin Luther started the TRADITION of "being saved by just faith (faith ALONE)"!
Pennington Saved by "Faith ALONE" is not found in the scriptures, it is a TRADITION first appearing in the sixteenth century! SAME...
Pennington same with saved by "Scriptures ALONE" this also is a TRADITION first appearing in the sixteenth century! It tradition is also not found in the scriptures!
Fact "Faith & Scriptures ALONE" are TRADITIONS!!!

No scriptures would ever say.. "Man does not need Church all man needs is the scriptures"!
THINK.. LOGIC Alone says.. Church would never, ever teach.. "Man does not need church"! BUT...
Pennington but ths is exactly what your man made churches teach.. They teach.."Don't listen to us, all you need for salvation is the scriptures ALONE" Whack, whack, WHACK-Ohhh

Anti-christ Don't listen to our teaching just believe the scriptures.. ha-ha!
Anti-christ We teach "all man needs to be saved is the scriptures, reject church" but whatever we teach is wrong if it is NOT found in the scriptures!
Scriptures.. "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth"!
Scriptures.. "Listen to the CHURCH or be rejected as Pagan"!

Run for your life from all the protesting "Anti-christs"!!
Save your soul reject the teachings of Martin Luther the heretic!
Pennington All protestant churches must reject the scriptures to remain in their protest against Jesus and his holy Catholic Bride!

Pennington "Listen to the only Church Jesus formed or be regarded as Pagan in the eyes of God"!
The ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed is the "Pillar and the foundation of truth"!
Only the one Church Jesus formed has the Authority of God to TEACH all nations!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 1:21:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dogknox: "The Catholic Church made the bible! The Pope closed the canon in 400 A.D."

Anna: LMAO @ Dogknox's popish pretensions!

Dogknox, why don't you tell everyone here the truth for once? Try it!

When, exactly, did the popish church with all its pretensions and assertions finally have an ecumenical council which decided once and for all the canon that all Catholics around the world would use? I'm not talking about these periodical regional meetings of a few bishops in a certain locale: I'm talking about the Catholic Church as a whole, in a REAL council. When was that, dude? Y'all watch! The boy won't ever say! Why not, Dogknox? Here's why: the ole dude hates to admit that the popish church, in spite of all its claims, didn't get around to doing that until the mid-1500's. That "390" and "400" business is nothing but regional councils convened to view of certain specific regional problems - and there "rulings" were never binding upon the (catholic) church as a whole.

Answer the question, Dogknox.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 2:02:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 2:09:39 AM, muzebreak wrote:


Yeah, because rabbits chew cud, and bats are birds.:

Negative. Those arguments are old and wore out. Rabbits do re-eat their fices and yes cud is in it. Yes, in Hebrew the meaning of cud describes they way rabbits eat. Kinda hard to place the terms for birds today against terms 2 thousand years ago. Brilliant, way to be intellectually honest.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 3:17:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 2:02:42 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/17/2013 2:09:39 AM, muzebreak wrote:


Yeah, because rabbits chew cud, and bats are birds.:

Negative. Those arguments are old and wore out. Rabbits do re-eat their fices and yes cud is in it. Yes, in Hebrew the meaning of cud describes they way rabbits eat. Kinda hard to place the terms for birds today against terms 2 thousand years ago. Brilliant, way to be intellectually honest.

Hello Pennington you say the "Bible is the final authority"! "The Bible is the final authority" is a TEACHING of men.. You have placed the salvation of your soul in TEACHERS that do NOT teach scripture! You have been "Duped" tricked by them into thinking they teach truth!

Pennington Because it is TEACHING, NOT found in the scriptures, it is a man made TRADITION, first appearing in the sixteenth century!

Scriptures are clear.. Scriptures are USEFUL they are NOT.. They CANNOT be ALONE used!
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

Scriptures are USEFUL for; Teaching!
Scriptures are USEFUL for; Rebuking!
Scriptures are USEFUL for; Correcting!
Scriptures are USEFUL for; Training!

Pennington Church Teaches, Rebukes, Corrects and Trains... She uses the Scriptures, they are USEFUL they are NOT alone used! Books can't TEACH.. Teachers TEACH they uses BOOKS to teach as a tool to help them teach!!

Timothy is a BISHOP, he is being mentored by Paul!
1 Timothy 4:16
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

From the scriptures you can see Church has AUTHORITY. Bishops have the Authority to make Doctrine, they TEACH, Rebuke, Correct and TRAIN!! Their teaching saves men!
You will save both yourself and your hearers

Dogknox
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 10:41:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The scriptures are also useful for remedying a lack of toilet paper.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 9:49:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 10:41:42 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
The scriptures are also useful for remedying a lack of toilet paper.
Wallstreetatheist I hope all is well.

By your comment I see you are out of all hope!
I am Christian, I believe I will rise to new life after this world!

Jesus rose he can't die a second time, no one can die more then one time... You can't kill a stinking dog twice, never mind a man!

I am "IN Jesus" thus I will rise. You are NOT, you reject the salvation Jesus offers! I am not saying you will die forever, I am saying you will not rise with Jesus! Jesus destroyed death.
Wallstreetatheist death is no more, by rising from death, he defeated death and Satan' power over us.

Jesus restored life!
1 Peter 3:20
to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.


Wallstreetatheist Do you see it..(above) "All in the ark were saved" and "All IN Jesus are saved"! Simply because; "Baptism ADDS Christians (believers) to Jesus' holy 'Resurrected' Body!"

Wallstreetatheist All peoples in Gehenna, (the Place of the Dammed) will curse Jesus, they will blame Jesus for their predicament. These people will try all manner of ways to die, to end their suffering, all these poor souls will only do is increase their pain, in their effort!

Wallstreetatheist It will be the reverse... On earth all want to live forever, in their next life these "Dammed" will only desire death.
Death is no more, believe it or not you have everything to gain and nothing to lose except salvation of your soul from eternal torment!

Dogknox
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 6:16:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!

So what should we listen to Man or God? If you say God then you can't say SCRIPTURE ALONE is wrong because God speaks to His People through them. If you say man, then your saying the Catholics and the popes are scripture alone. If scripture says to study to show yourself approved to God...(2. Timothy 2:15). Then how are you or any catholic showing yourself approved if your just heeding to what man tells you?

Who's your God? Whom do you allegiance?

Be very careful what you answer.
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 8:33:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sola.Gratia you asked..
So what should we listen to Man or God? If you say God then you can't say SCRIPTURE ALONE is wrong because God speaks to His People through them. If you say man, then your saying the Catholics and the popes are scripture alone. If scripture says to study to show yourself approved to God...(2. Timothy 2:15). Then how are you or any catholic showing yourself approved if your just heeding to what man tells you?

Who's your God? Whom do you allegiance?

Be very careful what you answer.


Thank you for your reply....
In answer... should we listen to Man or God? You listen to the scriptures!

They... God' words... The Scriptures tell you, as they also told all the "De-Formers" >>"LISTEN TO THE CHURCH"! IF..
Sola.Gratia if you believed in Jesus you would believe the words of Jesus!
If you believed the words of Jesus then you would :"LISTEN TO HIS CHURCH"!

Think it out all the way to the end... The teacher of the doctrine, Martin Luther said.. "Man does not need the church, all man needs is the scriptures"!

The Scriptures say.. "Go and make Disciples of all nations BAPTIZING all the nations"!

Luther had to reject baptism saves because; "Baptizing is what CHURCH was commissioned by God to do"!
Sola.Gratia Baptism makes Disciples, all disciples are Jesus' brothers, all brothers of Jesus are God' children!
Sola.Gratia Baptism makes Disciples of all nations!

You reject Baptism saves, not because symbolic baptism is found in the scriptures because it is not in the scriptures! You reject "baptism saves" because "Symbolic Baptism" has been taught to you by men who reject CHURCH!
Sola.Gratia You believe "Symbolic Baptism" only because it was TAUGHT TO YOU by men who reject the scriptures!

"Symbolic Baptism" is not found in the scriptures! CLEARLY..
Sola.Gratia clearly baptism saves, the Church two thousand years ago.. Sixteen hundred years before Martin Luther taught Baptism saves!
Hermas is a CHRISTIAN in the CHURCH Jesus formed he is CATHOLIC!
Hermas said...
""I have heard, sir," said I, "from some teacher, that there is no other repentance except that which took place when we went down into the water and obtained the remission of our former sins." He said to me, "You have heard rightly, for so it is"" (The Shepherd 4:3:1"2 [A.D. 80]).

Clement of Alexandria is in the ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed.
He said..
"When we are baptized, we are enlightened. Being enlightened, we are adopted as sons. Adopted as sons, we are made perfect. Made perfect, we become immortal . . . "and sons of the Most High" [Ps. 82:6]. This work is variously called grace, illumination, perfection, and washing. It is a washing by which we are cleansed of sins, a gift of grace by which the punishments due our sins are remitted, an illumination by which we behold that holy light of salvation" (The Instructor of Children 1:6:26:1 [A.D. 191]).

Sola.Gratia scriptures tell you baptism saves!
God tells you Baptism saves!
LISTEN TO THE SCRIPTURES!
1 Peter 3:20
to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Sola.Gratia verse #20 (above) all in the Ark were saved and verse #21 all; "ADDED to the risen Body of Jesus by BAPTISM" are also saved!

Scriptures tell you baptism saves...
Sola.Gratia CHURCH Baptizes, you can't baptize yourself!

Should we listen to Man or God? Listening to SCRIPTURES is listening to God!
Rejecting the CHURCH is rejecting God!
Rejecting the CHURCH is rejecting the SCRIPTURES!
Sola.Gratia Rejecting the CHURCH means you have placed the salvation of your soul in the TEACHING of men who reject God!

Scriptures tell you as they told Martin Luther and all the "De-Formers" rejecting the scriptures is REJECTING Jesus!
Sola.Gratia They rejected the scriptures that warned them about rejecting scriptures!!!

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

DO YOU SEE IT?? (above) The one who rejects Jesus does not accept his words;!!!
You have to reject Jesus to reject his CHURCH!
You have to reject Jesus to reject "Baptism saves"!
You have to reject Jesus to believe you do not need CHURCH!

Martin Luther and his "De-Formers" did not accept the words of Jesus.. thus they condemned themselves! (verse #48 above)

Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth!"
Jesus said.. "Go and TEACH all nations with all of God' authority"!
Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is holy and BLAMELESS"!
Jesus said.. "Listen to the CHURCH or be treated as PAGAN"!
Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is my Body"!
Jesus said.. "Go make DISCIPLES of all nations BAPTIZING"!

Martin Luther the teacher of; "All man needs is the scriptures reject the CHURCH" rejected Jesus!

You believe the heretical teaching; "REJECT CHURCH just believe the words of God"!
It is circular, Martin Luther was TEACHING (reject teaching)
what he was TEACHING, was NOT found in the scriptures!
You believe the TEACHING of a man that did not teach what is found in the scriptures!

Sola.Gratia Run from protestantism.. It is in protest against Jesus his word and his holy bride!
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 8:48:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 2:02:42 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/17/2013 2:09:39 AM, muzebreak wrote:


Yeah, because rabbits chew cud, and bats are birds.:

Negative. Those arguments are old and wore out. Rabbits do re-eat their fices and yes cud is in it. Yes, in Hebrew the meaning of cud describes they way rabbits eat. Kinda hard to place the terms for birds today against terms 2 thousand years ago. Brilliant, way to be intellectually honest.

Not really on both counts.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 10:23:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/18/2013 8:33:39 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Sola.Gratia you asked..
So what should we listen to Man or God? If you say God then you can't say SCRIPTURE ALONE is wrong because God speaks to His People through them. If you say man, then your saying the Catholics and the popes are scripture alone. If scripture says to study to show yourself approved to God...(2. Timothy 2:15). Then how are you or any catholic showing yourself approved if your just heeding to what man tells you?

Who's your God? Whom do you allegiance?

Be very careful what you answer.


Thank you for your reply....
In answer... should we listen to Man or God? You listen to the scriptures!

They... God' words... The Scriptures tell you, as they also told all the "De-Formers" >>"LISTEN TO THE CHURCH"! IF..
Sola.Gratia if you believed in Jesus you would believe the words of Jesus!
If you believed the words of Jesus then you would :"LISTEN TO HIS CHURCH"!

Think it out all the way to the end... The teacher of the doctrine, Martin Luther said.. "Man does not need the church, all man needs is the scriptures"!

The Scriptures say.. "Go and make Disciples of all nations BAPTIZING all the nations"!

Luther had to reject baptism saves because; "Baptizing is what CHURCH was commissioned by God to do"!
Sola.Gratia Baptism makes Disciples, all disciples are Jesus' brothers, all brothers of Jesus are God' children!
Sola.Gratia Baptism makes Disciples of all nations!

You reject Baptism saves, not because symbolic baptism is found in the scriptures because it is not in the scriptures! You reject "baptism saves" because "Symbolic Baptism" has been taught to you by men who reject CHURCH!
Sola.Gratia You believe "Symbolic Baptism" only because it was TAUGHT TO YOU by men who reject the scriptures!

"Symbolic Baptism" is not found in the scriptures! CLEARLY..
Sola.Gratia clearly baptism saves, the Church two thousand years ago.. Sixteen hundred years before Martin Luther taught Baptism saves!
Hermas is a CHRISTIAN in the CHURCH Jesus formed he is CATHOLIC!
Hermas said...
""I have heard, sir," said I, "from some teacher, that there is no other repentance except that which took place when we went down into the water and obtained the remission of our former sins." He said to me, "You have heard rightly, for so it is"" (The Shepherd 4:3:1"2 [A.D. 80]).

Clement of Alexandria is in the ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed.
He said..
"When we are baptized, we are enlightened. Being enlightened, we are adopted as sons. Adopted as sons, we are made perfect. Made perfect, we become immortal . . . "and sons of the Most High" [Ps. 82:6]. This work is variously called grace, illumination, perfection, and washing. It is a washing by which we are cleansed of sins, a gift of grace by which the punishments due our sins are remitted, an illumination by which we behold that holy light of salvation" (The Instructor of Children 1:6:26:1 [A.D. 191]).

Sola.Gratia scriptures tell you baptism saves!
God tells you Baptism saves!
LISTEN TO THE SCRIPTURES!
1 Peter 3:20
to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Sola.Gratia verse #20 (above) all in the Ark were saved and verse #21 all; "ADDED to the risen Body of Jesus by BAPTISM" are also saved!

Scriptures tell you baptism saves...
Sola.Gratia CHURCH Baptizes, you can't baptize yourself!

Should we listen to Man or God? Listening to SCRIPTURES is listening to God!
Rejecting the CHURCH is rejecting God!
Rejecting the CHURCH is rejecting the SCRIPTURES!
Sola.Gratia Rejecting the CHURCH means you have placed the salvation of your soul in the TEACHING of men who reject God!

Scriptures tell you as they told Martin Luther and all the "De-Formers" rejecting the scriptures is REJECTING Jesus!
Sola.Gratia They rejected the scriptures that warned them about rejecting scriptures!!!

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

DO YOU SEE IT?? (above) The one who rejects Jesus does not accept his words;!!!
You have to reject Jesus to reject his CHURCH!
You have to reject Jesus to reject "Baptism saves"!
You have to reject Jesus to believe you do not need CHURCH!

Martin Luther and his "De-Formers" did not accept the words of Jesus.. thus they condemned themselves! (verse #48 above)

Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth!"
Jesus said.. "Go and TEACH all nations with all of God' authority"!
Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is holy and BLAMELESS"!
Jesus said.. "Listen to the CHURCH or be treated as PAGAN"!
Jesus said.. "The CHURCH is my Body"!
Jesus said.. "Go make DISCIPLES of all nations BAPTIZING"!

Martin Luther the teacher of; "All man needs is the scriptures reject the CHURCH" rejected Jesus!

You believe the heretical teaching; "REJECT CHURCH just believe the words of God"!
It is circular, Martin Luther was TEACHING (reject teaching)
what he was TEACHING, was NOT found in the scriptures!
You believe the TEACHING of a man that did not teach what is found in the scriptures!

Sola.Gratia Run from protestantism.. It is in protest against Jesus his word and his holy bride!

I wonder... If you even have a relationship with God at all? You have a lot of head knowledge, but what good will that do for your soul?
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 10:35:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sola.Gratia You said.. I wonder... If you even have a relationship with God at all? You have a lot of head knowledge, but what good will that do for your soul?

I reply: YES I have a relationship with Jesus!
Fact is; "I am in communion with him!" He with me.

Jesus is "IN Me", thus I can call God father, I can talk to my father because I have his only son in me! Jesus is IN Me, I eat him!

I am IN Jesus, I am in his holy Catholic Body, I was IMMERSED into Jesus' holy body by Baptism!
John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.


Sola.Gratia I was "ADDED" to Jesus' holy body and I REMAIN in his holy body by consuming his living forever flesh by drinking his living "LIFE GIVING" blood!

remains in me, and I in them.

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 3:43:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

Clearly The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is HOLY & BLAMELESS"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures saying> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!
NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures saying> "Man does NOT NEED Church"!

Fact is "Church baptizes.. You can't baptize yourself"!

"Baptism ADDS people to Jesus' risen body"!
All people' ADDED to Jesus' risen body are saved!

Three Thousand people were "ADDED to Jesus' body" the first day of Pentecost by BAPTISM!
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 3:48:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/18/2013 8:48:40 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 3/17/2013 2:02:42 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/17/2013 2:09:39 AM, muzebreak wrote:


Yeah, because rabbits chew cud, and bats are birds.:

Negative. Those arguments are old and wore out. Rabbits do re-eat their fices and yes cud is in it. Yes, in Hebrew the meaning of cud describes they way rabbits eat. Kinda hard to place the terms for birds today against terms 2 thousand years ago. Brilliant, way to be intellectually honest.

Not really on both counts.

Forgot to add in, cud is a regurgitated food that is brought up for the purpose of chewing. How is it that feces can contain cud?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 2:07:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/18/2013 10:35:17 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Sola.Gratia You said.. I wonder... If you even have a relationship with God at all? You have a lot of head knowledge, but what good will that do for your soul?

I reply: YES I have a relationship with Jesus!
Fact is; "I am in communion with him!" He with me.

Jesus is "IN Me", thus I can call God father, I can talk to my father because I have his only son in me! Jesus is IN Me, I eat him!

I am IN Jesus, I am in his holy Catholic Body, I was IMMERSED into Jesus' holy body by Baptism!
John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.


Sola.Gratia I was "ADDED" to Jesus' holy body and I REMAIN in his holy body by consuming his living forever flesh by drinking his living "LIFE GIVING" blood!

remains in me, and I in them.

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Dogknox

How do you know that your in communion with God?
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 3:11:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sola.Gratia You asked.. How do you know that your in communion with God?

I reply: Scriptures!

Baptism ADDED me to Jesus!
Consuming Jesus living forever flesh keeps Jesus in me!

THINK: Adam was removed from the Garden he lost access to the "Tree Of Life" so Adam died!
Sola.Gratia Adam starved to death! He could not nourish his body with "LIFE" so he died!

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Jesus is the second Adam.. Jesus HAS ACCESS!
Jesus feeds me.. I am nourished so I live!
Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

Jesus is the true MANNA he is the LIFE come down from heaven!
I eat so I live>> Forever!

Sola.Gratia I eat so I remain in Jesus' body!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Sola.Gratia DO YOU SEE IT?? "Remains in me, and I in them!"

Fact is the protestant has long ago starved to death, they do NOT remain in Jesus because they rejected his Holy Catholic Body at their "De-Formation"!
How do you know that your in communion with God?
I KNOW because I am in him and he is in me!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:15:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!
The man who made the teaching of; "Scriptures are all man needs, man does NOT need church" could not find in the scriptures his teaching!
Thus his teaching becomes a TRADITION OF MAN!
"The teaching of "Scriptures ALONE" is not scriptural!

Scriptures are very clear.. Jesus left behind a TEACHING CHURCH with his authority to teach and make his disciples of all nations!
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:38:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

Wrong,

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Wrong,

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


Right!

BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

Depending if they agree with the scriptures, and listen to the church if the church agrees with the bible!


NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!

Wrong!
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 4:27:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/21/2013 12:38:42 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!

Wrong!

Scriptures?

I've never seen a single person provide a single verse that teaches this.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 9:55:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/21/2013 12:38:42 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 3/17/2013 12:01:54 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

Wrong,

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Wrong,

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.


Right!

BUT....
The people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments! Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth"!

Depending if they agree with the scriptures, and listen to the church if the church agrees with the bible!


NO PLACE can be found in the scriptures> "Scriptures ALONE" are all man needs for salvation!

Wrong!
Suqua All I read from you is DENIAL but no proof!
You don't post scriptures that prove the man made teaching of "Scripture ALONE is all man needs"!

Don't you think if Martin Luther could have used the scriptures to prove his teaching he would have listed the verses!?
Even Martin Luther could find no place in the scriptures that said "Scriptures are all man needs for salvation"!

His teaching was UNHEARD OF until he made it up, sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus!
Paul was TEACHING "Christ Resurrected to the Bereans" They needed a TEACHER to arrive at truth! The Bereans accepted Paul' TEACHING, they rejected the idea of all they need is scriptures! Thus they were the more noble!

Suqua The man in protest.. YOU is NOT noble.. not even less noble as the people of Thessalonica.
You and they will stand in Judgement and they will have the excuse "Listen to the CHURCH" is not written in their scriptures!
You have NO EXCUSE except your PRIDE stopped you from accepting the words of God as TRUE!

Good luck

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 10:18:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sola.Gratia You asked.. How do you know that your in communion with God?

I reply: With Scriptures!

Baptism ADDED me to Jesus!
(Acts 2:40-41)
Consuming Jesus' living forever flesh, keeps Jesus in me!

THINK: Adam was removed from the Garden Adam lost access to the "Tree Of Life" so Adam died!
Sola.Gratia Adam starved to death! He could not nourish his body with "LIFE" so he died!

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Jesus is the second Adam.. Jesus HAS ACCESS to the tree!
Jesus feeds me.. I am nourished so I live!
Jesus "IS" The LIFE come down from heaven!

Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

DO YOU SEE IT.. Jesus is the true MANNA, he is the LIFE come down from heaven!
I eat so I live>> Forever!

Sola.Gratia I eat so I remain in Jesus' body!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Sola.Gratia DO YOU SEE IT?? "Remains in me, and I in them!"

Fact is, the protestant (YOU) has long ago starved to death, they do NOT remain in Jesus because, they rejected his Holy Catholic Body at their "De-Formation"!
You asked me.. How do you know that your in communion with God?
Answer is: I KNOW because: I am in him and he is in me!
I KNOW because: "I was ADDED" To Jesus' Holy body by the waters of Baptism!

I KNOW you are NOT in Jesus because you reject Baptism as being only symbolic!
I KNOW you are NOT in communion with Jesus because, you reject his Living forever flesh as symbolic food!

Dogknox
atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 4:39:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"scriptures >alone<" is not found in the bible because the bible doesnt even exist, its just a bunch of different books put together by jews, christians and catholics. I would applaud a christian who doesnt follow the bible since the bible says bats are birds, but biologists have proven this wrong ever sicne we have observed bats in nature. get over the bible
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:43:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 4:39:25 AM, atheismo wrote:
"scriptures >alone<" is not found in the bible because the bible doesnt even exist, its just a bunch of different books put together by jews, christians and catholics. I would applaud a christian who doesnt follow the bible since the bible says bats are birds, but biologists have proven this wrong ever sicne we have observed bats in nature. get over the bible

atheismo First .. Right off.. "Christians are CATHOLICS!"
When Nero fed Christians to the lions all were Catholic's!

You said.. the bible doesnt even exist, its just a bunch of different books put together ??

atheismo So what is it.. "Does it not exist"? OR..
atheismo or is it a "bunch of books"? Both can't be right!!!

You said.. . I would applaud a christian who doesnt follow the bible

I reply.. What makes Christians, Christian is that "Christians" follow the bible!
FACT: If the person does NOT follow the bible then, that person is NOT Christian!

No one who does not follow the bible is CHRISTIAN!
Your words.. I would applaud a christian who doesnt follow the bible WHACK!!!!! Whack whack whack Ohhhhhhh!!!!

The Bible is the words of God!
Christians do not reject the bible because rejecting the words of God is "REJECTING God!"
LOOK..
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Do you see it?? The person who REJECTS Jesus does not accept the words of Jesus!
Do you see the last half of the verse (above)??
The words you reject will CONDEMN you!

atheismo Thus rejecting the bible as you do, is CONDEMNING yourself!
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 2:13:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Again there was no where in the Bible that says trinity.
The Bible calls Jesus Christ the Word. We call the scriptures the Word of God and linking Jesus Christ and The Bible. Nowhere in the New Testament do you find any statement that anyone but Jesus Christ is the head of the church. There is no mention in the New Testament to preach or teach the "traditions" of churches. The reason is because pastor nor any church is the authority for what is God's truth, but he is the under-shepherd who tends to the Lord's flock of sheep with longsuffering and doctrine.

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Further Peter warned the pastor "Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Ephesians 4:11-16 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 2:21:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 2:13:34 PM, Pennington wrote:
Again there was no where in the Bible that says trinity.

That's not a problem unless you believe the Bible is the only authority.

The Bible calls Jesus Christ the Word. We call the scriptures the Word of God and linking Jesus Christ and The Bible. Nowhere in the New Testament do you find any statement that anyone but Jesus Christ is the head of the church.

That's because no one but Jesus Christ is the head of the church.

There is no mention in the New Testament to preach or teach the "traditions" of churches.

1 Corinthians 11:2

'I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you.'

2 Thessalonians 2:15

'So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.'

2 Thessalonians 3:6

'Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.'

The reason is because pastor nor any church is the authority for what is God's truth, but he is the under-shepherd who tends to the Lord's flock of sheep with longsuffering and doctrine.
"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy
Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Further Peter warned the pastor "Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Ephesians 4:11-16 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

Not really sure what this is supposed to prove.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 7:26:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 2:13:34 PM, Pennington wrote:
Again there was no where in the Bible that says trinity.
The Bible calls Jesus Christ the Word. We call the scriptures the Word of God and linking Jesus Christ and The Bible. Nowhere in the New Testament do you find any statement that anyone but Jesus Christ is the head of the church. There is no mention in the New Testament to preach or teach the "traditions" of churches. The reason is because pastor nor any church is the authority for what is God's truth, but he is the under-shepherd who tends to the Lord's flock of sheep with longsuffering and doctrine.

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Further Peter warned the pastor "Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Ephesians 4:11-16 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

YOU ARE WRONG! Nowhere in the New Testament do you find any statement that anyone but Jesus Christ is the head of the church.
Jesus formed his CHURCH on Peter statement.
Jesus made Peter the >>HEAD<< of God' flock!
Shepherd is the MAN IN CHARGE!

You said.. There is no mention in the New Testament to preach or teach the "traditions" of churches.

I reply: You can "Xnay" the words CHURCHES (plural) Jesus formed ONE CHURCH the Holy Catholic BLAMELESS Church!
Traditions..
1 Corinthians 11:2
I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

Jesus gave GOD' Authority to his ONE HOLY Catholic Church!
THE GREAT COMMISSION:
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

The ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed has God' authority to "Teach All Nations"!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 1:30:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dogknox: "I reply: You can "Xnay" the words CHURCHES (plural) Jesus formed ONE CHURCH the Holy Catholic BLAMELESS Church!"

Anna: Funny that neither Jesus nor any apostles ever saw fit to call it the "Holy Catholic Blameless Church."

****

Dogknox: Traditions.. 1 Corinthians 11:2 "I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you."

Anna: We happily hold to the traditions passed down to us, and we are ever thankful that they are recorded in the pages of God's Holy Writ. Surely you aren't implying that the ... ummm ... fabricated nonsense of the Catholic Church is equivalent to the 'traditions' of which Paul spoke in I Corinthians.

*****

Dogknox: Jesus gave GOD' Authority to his ONE HOLY Catholic Church! THE GREAT COMMISSION: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

Anna: THAT was spoken to the apostles - not to the church. The church of Christ did not even EXIST when the Great Commission was given. What's wrong with you?

*****

Dogknox: The ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed has God' authority to "Teach All Nations"!

Anna: That's utter nonsense - par for the course. The church does not have - and never did have - any "authority" to teach. Where'd you get that. Jesus said, "All authority is given to ME." There was no church when He said that - and there's no evidence that Christ handed the church any of His authority, either. The church has the OBLIGATION to teach just as you have the OBLIGATION to pay taxes. An 'obligation' is very different from 'authority'.

For those who can't spot it, Dogknox is trying in vain to tell us that Jesus Christ gave the Roman Catholic Church some kind of 'authority' before any Roman Catholic Church existed. One would have to have employ some perverted logic and irresponsible exegesis (and an almost-surgical removal of basic facts) to come to that conclusion, Dogknox. The church of Christ doe not now have - and never did have - any so-called 'authority' to preach the gospel. None whatsoever.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 3:17:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 2:21:05 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
That's because no one but Jesus Christ is the head of the church.

Incorrect! according to your own Story book -

. . . . the head of Christ is God. (1 Cor. 11:3) RSV catholic Cult Story book 1966 edition

cf. (1 Cor. 15:27-28) RSV catholic Cult Story book 1966 edition

Your vindicated mentor, 50 year successful Cult busting personal successful literal Saviour, moi!