Jump to topic:

The Concept of "Lincoln" is a Big Lie

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:13:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It is time for freethinking, rational skepticism toward the myth of Abraham Lincoln's existence and the stories attributed to him. It is time to detach ourselves from belief in Abraham Lincoln: the most malevolent of all mind viruses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The idea that you need to believe in Abraham Lincoln to think that the concept of the emancipation of slaves in the 19th century actually happened and was a good thing, is ludicrous.

2. We simply do not know who the president was between 1861 and 1865. Science will figure it out sooner or later, not blind faith. "Presidential claims require presidential evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

3. The USA looks precisely the way it should if there was no individual responsible for the emancipation of slaves in the 19th century. The truth is Lincoln probably didn't exist, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

4. You believe the great emancipator, Abe Lincoln, existed? Tell me, if he existed then why did segregation exist for another hundred years and why does racism still exist? If he were such a great emancipator these things would've been solved in his term. But they were not. So we have the problem of the lack of emancipation.

5. You are an Alincolnist toward the billions of people who have existed throughout history. We just believe in one less American president than you.

6. Some people feel the need to believe in "Abe Lincoln" because it gives them a sense of decency, opposing the evil of slavery. But you can be good without Lincoln! Thousands of people are good without Lincoln so far. Join us!

7. The beauty of relinquishing our blind commitment to the juvenile belief of Lincoln's existence, is that we become free to follow the evidence where it leads. It's ok to not know. That why science is powerful. It finds answers.

Remember, the burden of proof is on the believer. Beware the Lincoln of the gaps. Assert our science, our reason, our clear thinking above these charlatans who would have you duped into believing the big lie that Lincoln ever existed. Who's with me?!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:23:37 PM
At 3/21/2013 12:13:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It is time for freethinking, rational skepticism toward the myth of Abraham Lincoln's existence and the stories attributed to him. It is time to detach ourselves from belief in Abraham Lincoln: the most malevolent of all mind viruses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The idea that you need to believe in Abraham Lincoln to think that the concept of the emancipation of slaves in the 19th century actually happened and was a good thing, is ludicrous.

2. We simply do not know who the president was between 1861 and 1865. Science will figure it out sooner or later, not blind faith. "Presidential claims require presidential evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

3. The USA looks precisely the way it should if there was no individual responsible for the emancipation of slaves in the 19th century. The truth is Lincoln probably didn't exist, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

4. You believe the great emancipator, Abe Lincoln, existed? Tell me, if he existed then why did segregation exist for another hundred years and why does racism still exist? If he were such a great emancipator these things would've been solved in his term. But they were not. So we have the problem of the lack of emancipation.

5. You are an Alincolnist toward the billions of people who have existed throughout history. We just believe in one less American president than you.

6. Some people feel the need to believe in "Abe Lincoln" because it gives them a sense of decency, opposing the evil of slavery. But you can be good without Lincoln! Thousands of people are good without Lincoln so far. Join us!

7. The beauty of relinquishing our blind commitment to the juvenile belief of Lincoln's existence, is that we become free to follow the evidence where it leads. It's ok to not know. That why science is powerful. It finds answers.

Remember, the burden of proof is on the believer. Beware the Lincoln of the gaps. Assert our science, our reason, our clear thinking above these charlatans who would have you duped into believing the big lie that Lincoln ever existed. Who's with me?!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"- Carl Sagan
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:24:13 PM
Is this inspired by my troll debate with Nur?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:28:53 PM
At 3/21/2013 12:24:13 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

i think its more about Charleslb's forum 'the concept of earning is a big lie' which turned into one of the most massive threads on DDO
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 12:34:44 PM

No, I think it's because WSA visited the same Facebook page I was inspired by.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 1:26:17 PM
At 3/21/2013 12:34:44 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

No, I think it's because WSA visited the same Facebook page I was inspired by.

They really are at the helm of an intellectual revolution.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 2:06:28 PM
Does anyone find it suspicious that sightings of Abraham Lincoln mysteriously stopped occurring not long before video cameras were invented?!
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 6:50:39 PM
Abraham Lincoln is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: started a war over a that killed 600,000 people, through people into cages or just executed them simply for disagreeing with him, started a draft--military slavery, was an ardent racist and proud of it; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

It's always entertaining to ask Lincolnists why they believe he did these things or why they think he existed. The response is usually the same old "Because it says so in this book." Sorry, not good enough. Come back when you have some *real* evidence, sheep.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:02:15 PM
At 3/21/2013 2:06:28 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Does anyone find it suspicious that sightings of Abraham Lincoln mysteriously stopped occurring not long before video cameras were invented?!

This is clearly proves that Lincoln's existence was a myth... no more than a fairy tale invented by historians.
Tsar of DDO
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:04:13 PM
Stupid Alincolnist, Lincoln has a Wikipedia page, explain that!

Checkmate, Alincolnist!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:22:56 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:04:13 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Checkmate, Alincolnist!

It's always entertaining to ask Lincolnists why they believe he did these things or why they think he existed. The response is usually the same old "Because it says so in this book or on wikipedia." Sorry, not good enough. Come back when you have some *real* evidence, sheep.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:33:12 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:31:01 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
If lincoln didn't exist, than why are there beards?
Riddle me that, my good sir.

Ulysses Grant. He's probably the one who perpetuated the Lincoln myth to begin with. It would explain his "commission" in the War of Northern Aggression as well as his own ascension to the Presidency. The whole reason Lincoln had a beard is because Grant created Lincoln in his own image.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:34:30 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:22:56 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 3/21/2013 7:04:13 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Checkmate, Alincolnist!

It's always entertaining to ask Lincolnists why they believe he did these things or why they think he existed. The response is usually the same old "Because it says so in this book or on wikipedia." Sorry, not good enough. Come back when you have some *real* evidence, sheep.

That's so like an Alincolnist. Avoiding the question, and insulting us lincolnists. That's what you get when you don't have Lincoln to teach you how to behave, you go around insulting people and raping and eating babies. Alincolnists like you need to get a grip. I mean look at society, it's exactly how it would be if Lincoln existed; slavery free. Stop denying Lincolns existence.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:36:47 PM

Numerous works of fiction have inspired real-world examples of characters. Harry Potter, a fictional character portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe, inspired many young kids to run around with wands in their hands and lightning bolts on their foreheads--that doesn't mean that Harry Potter existed, only that the author of that character had a healthy imagination.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:39:20 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:36:47 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Numerous works of fiction have inspired real-world examples of characters. Harry Potter, a fictional character portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe, inspired many young kids to run around with wands in their hands and lightning bolts on their foreheads--that doesn't mean that Harry Potter existed, only that the author of that character had a healthy imagination.

I have first hand evidence that Harry Potter exists. My brother in law is good friends with Daniel Radcliffe. He has confided in him that wizards are real.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:39:34 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:34:30 PM, muzebreak wrote:
That's so like an Alincolnist. Avoiding the question, and insulting us lincolnists. That's what you get when you don't have Lincoln to teach you how to behave, you go around insulting people and raping and eating babies. Alincolnists like you need to get a grip. I mean look at society, it's exactly how it would be if Lincoln existed; slavery free. Stop denying Lincolns existence.

As I've previously state, Abraham Lincoln is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: started a war over a that killed 600,000 people, through people into cages or just executed them simply for disagreeing with him, started a draft--military slavery, was an ardent racist and proud of it; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Why would anyone want to emulate such an evil bastard?!
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:42:45 PM
Lincolnists claim that Lincoln was the president of the most powerful nation in the world and a good man. Yet one of the bloodiest wars in U.S. history occurred during his supposed presidency. Was Lincoln unable to prevent it? Then he could not have held a powerful office like the presidency. Was Lincoln unwilling to prevent it? Then he was not a good man. Was he both able and willing to prevent it? Then why did it occur?

Checkmate, Lincolnists.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:43:20 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:39:34 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 3/21/2013 7:34:30 PM, muzebreak wrote:

As I've previously state, Abraham Lincoln is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: started a war over a that killed 600,000 people, through people into cages or just executed them simply for disagreeing with him, started a draft--military slavery, was an ardent racist and proud of it; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Why would anyone want to emulate such an evil bastard?!

Abraham Lincoln was one of the nicest people ever! I mean have you even seen Abraham Lincoln: vampire hunter. He saves the human race from vampires, and he frees the slaves. Abraham Lincoln is a wonderful person, and you alincolnists need to learn a lesson from him.

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:44:55 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:42:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Lincolnists claim that Lincoln was the president of the most powerful nation in the world and a good man. Yet one of the bloodiest wars in U.S. history occurred during his supposed presidency. Was Lincoln unable to prevent it? Then he could not have held a powerful office like the presidency. Was Lincoln unwilling to prevent it? Then he was not a good man. Was he both able and willing to prevent it? Then why did it occur?

Checkmate, Lincolnists.

Ha! So you admit he exists!

Double Checkmate, Alincolnist.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:46:45 PM
Of course Lincoln existed, he was an agent of Satan that taught REBELLION against GODS LAW. God, the supreme being, creator of heaven and earth had made things operate a certain way. That includes white land owning men being rich of the backs of the negro.

In christ our brave and non deceived christian brothers and sisters of the south fought against this deceiver, and stood fast on GODS HOLY WORD the BIBLE.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:47:51 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:39:20 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I have first hand evidence that Harry Potter exists. My brother in law is good friends with Daniel Radcliffe. He has confided in him that wizards are real.

Then by all means, let him publish his work in a reputable _scientific_ journal like Science or Nature and collect his Nobel Prize rather than in the Lincolnist-dominated spin-machine that forms the historico-industrial complex.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 7:51:26 PM
At 3/21/2013 7:47:51 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 3/21/2013 7:39:20 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Then by all means, let him publish his work in a reputable _scientific_ journal like Science or Nature and collect his Nobel Prize rather than in the Lincolnist-dominated spin-machine that forms the historico-industrial complex.

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 9:18:20 PM
I have personal experiences with Lincoln. I just know he exists in my heart. I can't imagine life without Lincoln, it would be meaningless. I would probably rape and murder everyone I saw if I was an Alincolnist

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause
2. Emancipation began to exist.
2a. We have philosophical and scientific reasons for believing this.
3. Therefore Emancipation has a cause

That cause must be Lincoln because of the nature of the cause

He must be white
He must be powerful
He must be personal
He must've had a beard
He must've had a type of log named after him

This is why I believe in Lincoln. What do you have to lose?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 12:21:34 AM
To go off magics post, we have good reason to believe that Lincoln did indeed exist, free the slaves, and was the person he claimed to be.

The Lincolnic ontological argument:

1. It is possible the Lincoln (the maximally great emancipator) exists.
2. If it is possible for a maximally great emancipator to exist, a maximally great emancipator exists in some possible worlds.
3. If the maximally great emancipator exists in some possible worlds, he must exist in all worlds where slavery once occurred to emancipate slaves.
4. Our world had slavery which was emancipated.
5. Therefore, the maximally great emancipator existed in our world.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 12:40:52 AM
Lincoln of the Gaps

1) Slaves were set free
2) You can't explain that
C) Therefore Lincoln did it
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 12:43:00 AM
At 3/22/2013 12:40:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Lincoln of the Gaps

1) Slaves were set free

Huzza! The mystery has been solved!
Tsar of DDO
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 12:46:17 AM
The greatest conceivable Lincoln argument...

1) The greatest conceivable Lincoln is the Lincoln which no greater Lincoln can be conceived
2) It is greater for the the greatest conceivable Lincoln to exist in reality than just as a conception
3) Therefore the greatest conceivable Lincoln exists in reality
C) Therefore the greatest conceivable Lincoln exists
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 1:31:50 AM
At 3/22/2013 12:40:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Lincoln of the Gaps

1) Slaves were set free

Lincolndidit
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle