Jump to topic:

The Last Question

Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 8:39:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

The Last Question by Asimov was perhaps the best short story I've ever read. In many ways I think it represents the best possible atheist world. Here is the script of the youtube audio,

http://rapgenius.com...

This all has to do with the topic of eschatology,

http://www.reasonablefaith.org...
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 8:24:44 AM
I came here by mistake and was caught by the title.

Can humanity be eternal with the help of technology ,if the universe itself is not eternal and technology needs the universe for it's resources?

what will the universe be once it's dead ? can it be recycled ? but who could recycle it ?

sorry I could only find more questions.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 8:45:21 AM
At 5/7/2013 8:24:44 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Can humanity be eternal with the help of technology ,if the universe itself is not eternal and technology needs the universe for it's resources?

what will the universe be once it's dead ? can it be recycled ? but who could recycle it ?

humanity is going to be screwed by the flood like in halo. I just know it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 9:00:58 AM
At 5/7/2013 8:45:21 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

And I am going to hide behind chief
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 9:13:47 AM
At 5/7/2013 9:00:58 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 5/7/2013 8:45:21 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

And I am going to hide behind chief

who said anything about master chief
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.