Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How Would God Communicate to His Creation?

Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:04:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Given the existence of the personhood known as God, how would this being make himself known to a world he created? How would he bestow knowledge of himself to the knowers he instantiated?

I won't argue with anyone.. I just want to know the DDO thought on the matter...

-Reggae
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:32:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:04:40 PM, Apeiron wrote:
Given the existence of the personhood known as God, how would this being make himself known to a world he created? How would he bestow knowledge of himself to the knowers he instantiated?

He'd do it however he wanted to.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:32:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:32:20 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:04:40 PM, Apeiron wrote:
Given the existence of the personhood known as God, how would this being make himself known to a world he created? How would he bestow knowledge of himself to the knowers he instantiated?

He'd do it however he wanted to.

Nice.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:39:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

But I did say I wouldn't argue on here, so.. cool story bro.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:00:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.

Very eloquently said!
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:01:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.

I think I just heard from God now from reading the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:12

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

Looks like you better shutup. I sorry to be rude but it is God's orders.
Apeiron
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:10:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Don't listen to the troll known as twocupcakes my dear Sola, Paul, a champion of equality, wrote 1Tim, and also wrote Galatians 3:28,

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

This sharply contrasted the sexist view of his critics of the day. But Paul also didn't fail to recognize that male-female equality didn't abolish role distinctions that were defined by God in creation.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:13:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:10:38 AM, Apeiron wrote:
Don't listen to the troll known as twocupcakes my dear Sola, Paul, a champion of equality, wrote 1Tim, and also wrote Galatians 3:28,

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

This sharply contrasted the sexist view of his critics of the day. But Paul also didn't fail to recognize that male-female equality didn't abolish role distinctions that were defined by God in creation.

If only we could email God to find out what he actually means, right? Too bad God has such awful communication skills that we don't know if he is sexist or not.
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:16:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:01:13 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I think I just heard from God now from reading the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:12

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."


Looks like you better shutup. I sorry to be rude but it is God's orders.

Haha!!! Yet... You take that verse out of context to use for your own benefit.. There's a difference between commenting and teaching.. I just commented off of what you said earlier and doing it again yet you say I'm teaching.. I think what the real issue is you didn't like what was said so you just trying to shut the person up that is giving Biblical feedback.. God knows and sees your heart ....( I. Samuel 16:7!).. I forgive you too for being rude.. I'm sorry if what I said offended you, But I'm not sorry for speaking the Truth!
God bless.
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:16:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Proverbs 21:9 "It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman."

Proverbs 27:15-16 "A constant dripping on a day of steady rain and a contentious woman are alike; He who would restrain her restrains the wind, and grasps oil with his right hand."

Can I get an 'amen'???
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:20:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:10:38 AM, Apeiron wrote:
Don't listen to the troll known as twocupcakes my dear Sola, Paul, a champion of equality, wrote 1Tim, and also wrote Galatians 3:28,

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

This sharply contrasted the sexist view of his critics of the day. But Paul also didn't fail to recognize that male-female equality didn't abolish role distinctions that were defined by God in creation.

Hey buddy, it's okay :)
I'm not sweating it so don't you either..
God is our defense! Woo-hoo!! :D
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Dogknox
Posts: 5,051
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:24:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sola.Gratia your words... First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I reply... The words of Jesus.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words These life giving words are Jesus' words.. "My flesh is real food"!
These words of Jesus... "I am with you ALWAYS even to the end of the world"!
These words.. "This IS my body" as he held bread!

Sola.Gratia CHRISTIANS believe the words of Jesus!

Augustine is CHRISTIAN...
Sola.Gratia you believe different then the words of Jesus!
Augustine the CHRISTIAN... said..
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

Sola.Gratia you believe different then the CHRISTIAN; Ignatius of Antioch!
LOOK...Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Sola.Gratia you believe different then the scriptures!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life.

Sola.Gratia God does NOT have poor communication.. I actually believe YOU have poor communication with Him, you reject his words as just more LIES found in the scriptures!
Christians have always eaten the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
Sola.Gratia It was the "De-Formers" that rejected the words of Jesus >>SIXTEEN HUNDRED YEARS<< after Jesus formed his CHRISTIAN church. The "De-Formers" TAUGHT "Jesus did not mean his words", because they did not have FAITH they rejected Jesus' life giving food as just symbolic food!!

It takes FAITH to believe the words of Jesus!
It takes FAITH to believe Jesus did not lie!
It takes FAITH to believe the bread is not ordinary bread but living forever, life giving food!
Again >> Christians believe the scriptures.. clearly the "De-formers" reject the scriptures! You are a child of the "de-formation"!

Dogknox
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:35:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:24:51 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Sola.Gratia your words... First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I reply... The words of Jesus.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words These life giving words are Jesus' words.. "My flesh is real food"!
These words of Jesus... "I am with you ALWAYS even to the end of the world"!
These words.. "This IS my body" as he held bread!

Sola.Gratia CHRISTIANS believe the words of Jesus!

Augustine is CHRISTIAN...
Sola.Gratia you believe different then the words of Jesus!
Augustine the CHRISTIAN... said..
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

Sola.Gratia you believe different then the CHRISTIAN; Ignatius of Antioch!
LOOK...Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Sola.Gratia you believe different then the scriptures!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life.

Sola.Gratia God does NOT have poor communication.. I actually believe YOU have poor communication with Him, you reject his words as just more LIES found in the scriptures!
Christians have always eaten the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
Sola.Gratia It was the "De-Formers" that rejected the words of Jesus >>SIXTEEN HUNDRED YEARS<< after Jesus formed his CHRISTIAN church. The "De-Formers" TAUGHT "Jesus did not mean his words", because they did not have FAITH they rejected Jesus' life giving food as just symbolic food!!

It takes FAITH to believe the words of Jesus!
It takes FAITH to believe Jesus did not lie!
It takes FAITH to believe the bread is not ordinary bread but living forever, life giving food!
Again >> Christians believe the scriptures.. clearly the "De-formers" reject the scriptures! You are a child of the "de-formation"!

Dogknox

Oh wow, hello DogKnox haven't talked to in a while.. How are you doing?

Thanks for the words, but I'm not trying to argue with you.. We've had this conversation before and it just goes in circles.. I'll just ask you this, what's the Gospel? :)
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:35:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:16:28 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:01:13 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I think I just heard from God now from reading the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:12

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."


Looks like you better shutup. I sorry to be rude but it is God's orders.

Haha!!! Yet... You take that verse out of context to use for your own benefit.. There's a difference between commenting and teaching.. I just commented off of what you said earlier and doing it again yet you say I'm teaching.. I think what the real issue is you didn't like what was said so you just trying to shut the person up that is giving Biblical feedback.. God knows and sees your heart ....( I. Samuel 16:7!).. I forgive you too for being rude.. I'm sorry if what I said offended you, But I'm not sorry for speaking the Truth!
God bless.

Sorry, i thought you were trying to teach me something, and clearly as a woman you are not qualified to that according to your God. But, there is a fine line between commenting and teaching, so i hope you listen to your God and know your place.

1 Corinthians 11:7 - 9*

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:22 - 25*

23 For the husband is the head of the wife

Titus 2:3 - 5*

5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands,

(For the record I find these passages sexist and immoral. But I want to show the Bible is a poor communication tool)
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:53:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:35:46 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:16:28 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:01:13 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I think I just heard from God now from reading the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:12

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."


Looks like you better shutup. I sorry to be rude but it is God's orders.

Haha!!! Yet... You take that verse out of context to use for your own benefit.. There's a difference between commenting and teaching.. I just commented off of what you said earlier and doing it again yet you say I'm teaching.. I think what the real issue is you didn't like what was said so you just trying to shut the person up that is giving Biblical feedback.. God knows and sees your heart ....( I. Samuel 16:7!).. I forgive you too for being rude.. I'm sorry if what I said offended you, But I'm not sorry for speaking the Truth!
God bless.

Sorry, i thought you were trying to teach me something, and clearly as a woman you are not qualified to that according to your God. But, there is a fine line between commenting and teaching, so i hope you listen to your God and know your place.

1 Corinthians 11:7 - 9*

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:22 - 25*

23 For the husband is the head of the wife

Titus 2:3 - 5*

5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands,



(For the record I find these passages sexist and immoral. But I want to show the Bible is a poor communication tool)

Not that I have to justify myself to you but I do know my place as a woman.. Just also know I'm not married so the one that is head of me is my earthly father and of course God .. And I don't hold a Bible study over men at the congregation I attend .. I see nothing wrong with shedding some feedback and backing up my feedback with scripture but to teach a bible study to men yes I believe Biblically is wrong. I also believe that it is wrong for a woman to be a pastor because that is a Mans position. I don't find anything wrong with a woman holding a bible study with other women though.. That is permissible.. There's nothing wrong with commenting or giving feedback backed up with Scripture.. <- that's not a form of teaching in my opinion so what I said above in my first reply post wasn't wrong..
But thanks anyways.. God bless..
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Pwner
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:08:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hm. Well, I think it's impossible for an omniscient mind to do anything, so I doubt God would be communicating to anyone. However, supposing I'm wrong...I don't think God's generic properties are informative enough to generate any behavioral expectations like this.

If we pulled a Schellenberg and said 'If God exists, then God is perfectly loving', then my intuitions would very strongly tell me God would initiate deep, intimate and personal relationships with every cognizer so capable (how they respond being a matter entirely up to them).
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:15:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 12:53:10 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:35:46 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:16:28 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:01:13 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I think I just heard from God now from reading the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:12

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."


Looks like you better shutup. I sorry to be rude but it is God's orders.

Haha!!! Yet... You take that verse out of context to use for your own benefit.. There's a difference between commenting and teaching.. I just commented off of what you said earlier and doing it again yet you say I'm teaching.. I think what the real issue is you didn't like what was said so you just trying to shut the person up that is giving Biblical feedback.. God knows and sees your heart ....( I. Samuel 16:7!).. I forgive you too for being rude.. I'm sorry if what I said offended you, But I'm not sorry for speaking the Truth!
God bless.

Sorry, i thought you were trying to teach me something, and clearly as a woman you are not qualified to that according to your God. But, there is a fine line between commenting and teaching, so i hope you listen to your God and know your place.

1 Corinthians 11:7 - 9*

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:22 - 25*

23 For the husband is the head of the wife

Titus 2:3 - 5*

5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands,



(For the record I find these passages sexist and immoral. But I want to show the Bible is a poor communication tool)

Not that I have to justify myself to you but I do know my place as a woman.. Just also know I'm not married so the one that is head of me is my earthly father and of course God .. And I don't hold a Bible study over men at the congregation I attend .. I see nothing wrong with shedding some feedback and backing up my feedback with scripture but to teach a bible study to men yes I believe Biblically is wrong. I also believe that it is wrong for a woman to be a pastor because that is a Mans position. I don't find anything wrong with a woman holding a bible study with other women though.. That is permissible.. There's nothing wrong with commenting or giving feedback backed up with Scripture.. <- that's not a form of teaching in my opinion so what I said above in my first reply post wasn't wrong..
But thanks anyways.. God bless..

I think women should be equal to men and should be able to teach. You should not feel inferior to men just because of the Bible. A lot of women to some really important things. Women don't have to be all subservient. If they want to that's fine, but they don't have too.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:23:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, he could make knowledge of his existence and presence inherent in us. That, or he could just...show up. Here and there. Or everywhere, I suppose.

When I raised my sea monkeys, I probably looked like a giant face in the sky to them. That would also work. I know it sounds like I'm joking right now but I'm not lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:41:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What if, now here me out on this, God lets society progress from the beginning of humans for 100-200 thousand years. Then, shows up as his son, who is also him in one of the most primitive parts of the middle east. Once he shows up he can be a carpenter and do absolute dick for 33 years. Then on his 33rd birthday he can randomly start curing a few lepers and performing party tricks like changing water to wine. Eventually, he will get killed as a sacrifice so he does not have to torture us all when we die.

Sounds like pretty good communication eh?
atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 4:36:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 1:41:59 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
What if, now here me out on this, God lets society progress from the beginning of humans for 100-200 thousand years. Then, shows up as his son, who is also him in one of the most primitive parts of the middle east. Once he shows up he can be a carpenter and do absolute dick for 33 years. Then on his 33rd birthday he can randomly start curing a few lepers and performing party tricks like changing water to wine. Eventually, he will get killed as a sacrifice so he does not have to torture us all when we die.

Sounds like pretty good communication eh?

yes that is one of the many reasons why GOD DOESNT EXIST, if he cant even make himself known to people then its his fault there are any atheists anyway and that disproves him.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:00:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 1:15:50 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:53:10 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:35:46 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:16:28 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/25/2013 12:01:13 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:55:27 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:42:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:39:19 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:34:41 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:30:14 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:26:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:21:26 PM, Apeiron wrote:
At 3/24/2013 11:18:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think God should be interviewed on all the major new-stations and give speeches in major cities across the globe. Also, he should take advantage of email and social media. That is you tweet, email or face-book God you get an instant reply. If God did this there would be little confusion.

Clearly, if there is a God now, he either has poor communication skills or does not care if we know of him.

This isn't a joke question. So if you're serious the actually consider the implications of what you write prior to writing it...

Your's sincerely,
God

No, I am not joking. If God did this, there would be no confusion about what his message is.

I just told you I was him... confused? ... Is there some special internet signature you're expecting?

Yes. God will tell people his email prob God at something dot com or whatever on his interviews and world tour. There will be no doubt it is God because he will prove it. If him showing himself and going on tour to promote his new communication policy is not enough. You could email him "What am i thinking of now? or How many fingers am i holding up?" and he will tell you.

Perfect plan right?

I don't see a revelation from God in that, I see a Miss Cloe but not a Maximally great being... seems you think of God as a magician politician, sort of like a Mark Zuckerberg Houdini... it's no wonder you're an atheist lol, your view of God is pretty strange.

If God is all powerful and wants us to know about him, he should communicate clearly. It is a shame that modern companies have a better PR campaign then God. It is clear God either has poor communication skills, or does not care that we know of him. Do you not agree?

First for anyone to be able to hear from God.. A regenerate heart must've first happened.. Meaning Gods Spirit changed you inside our to someone new in Him (being Born Again, saved). So if Gods spirit is in you and you have His Word (the Bible) at hand.. Do you not read it? Because if you did that should be enough for any of us to hear from Him.. His Word is alive.. The words you see on the pages in the Bible are not JUST any words but living breathing life giving words my friend but unless Gods Spirit has changed you how then can you hear from Him?

Also when a brother or sister in The Lord shares words of encouragement from the the Bible that is also a means of God speaking to us because He uses things and people to work through us to know His will and to know Him..

So no I do not agree that God has poor communication.. I actually believe WE have poor communication with Him.


I think I just heard from God now from reading the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:12

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."


Looks like you better shutup. I sorry to be rude but it is God's orders.

Haha!!! Yet... You take that verse out of context to use for your own benefit.. There's a difference between commenting and teaching.. I just commented off of what you said earlier and doing it again yet you say I'm teaching.. I think what the real issue is you didn't like what was said so you just trying to shut the person up that is giving Biblical feedback.. God knows and sees your heart ....( I. Samuel 16:7!).. I forgive you too for being rude.. I'm sorry if what I said offended you, But I'm not sorry for speaking the Truth!
God bless.

Sorry, i thought you were trying to teach me something, and clearly as a woman you are not qualified to that according to your God. But, there is a fine line between commenting and teaching, so i hope you listen to your God and know your place.

1 Corinthians 11:7 - 9*

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:22 - 25*

23 For the husband is the head of the wife

Titus 2:3 - 5*

5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands,



(For the record I find these passages sexist and immoral. But I want to show the Bible is a poor communication tool)

Not that I have to justify myself to you but I do know my place as a woman.. Just also know I'm not married so the one that is head of me is my earthly father and of course God .. And I don't hold a Bible study over men at the congregation I attend .. I see nothing wrong with shedding some feedback and backing up my feedback with scripture but to teach a bible study to men yes I believe Biblically is wrong. I also believe that it is wrong for a woman to be a pastor because that is a Mans position. I don't find anything wrong with a woman holding a bible study with other women though.. That is permissible.. There's nothing wrong with commenting or giving feedback backed up with Scripture.. <- that's not a form of teaching in my opinion so what I said above in my first reply post wasn't wrong..
But thanks anyways.. God bless..

I think women should be equal to men and should be able to teach. You should not feel inferior to men just because of the Bible. A lot of women to some really important things. Women don't have to be all subservient. If they want to that's fine, but they don't have too.

How on earth do men think this?... I am NOT superior to any man.. My allegiance is to my God and GOD ALONE! :) God made man to be a man and a woman to be a woman.. Each one has their own role to take.. Man is the leader of the home to be the example of Christ leading his wife and children to Godliness.. Woman is to care-take of the home and children and follow her husbands leadership as the children as well.. Its a perfect example of Christ and His Church.. Christ leads His Church to God.. While the Church (His Bride) follows His example.. I'm not even married but yet I know this.. Its not about who's the ruler and who has to do what I say, its about honor respect and love for the other.. Don't you know this?
(I'm not teaching you anything either by the way, I'm proving a point here,.. whether you see that or not is between you and God)..
God bless.
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Radar
Posts: 424
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 12:52:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I had intended to permanently leave the debate forum for the same reason that "may you live in interesting times" is a curse: it distracts one from the higher goal of personal growth and spirit-realization. But this question is too important to be left unanswered. Of course, the usual moronic comments from individuals whose life has not made them receptive to truths higher than their mother's breast are to be expected. I hope you do not think this is one of them

God's omnipresence makes it impossible for him to speak to us in the form of a particular entity and even if he could, for someone who wanted nothing to do with him it would be a kind of intellectual rape. If a person dislikes missionaries coming to their door, imagine how upset they'd be if God himself came knocking! But realized or not, God is closer to us than our own breath. Self-consciousness is in essence communal consciousness: God and man, parent and child, Creator and creature. There's a kind of mind-meld in which our egos get in the way. As it is, we are in God much more than God is in us; we just have to learn how to listen.