Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

the wandering jew

atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 5:09:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Im not a christian but i find the myth of the wandering jew very interesting... after jesus's death the wandering jew cursed him and he was forced to live forever and walk around, thats why he's called a wondering jew.

i don't believe in christianity but i do believe in the wandering jew, it makes sense that if jesus' death and resurrection happened then there would be a wandering jew, but i don't rally believe in the first part. so i still believe in the wandering jew but not in christianity.

what do you think

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:12:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 6:07:38 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Smart remarks aren't funny without the 'smart.'

What?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:23:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 6:07:38 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Smart remarks aren't funny without the 'smart.'
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:29:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 5:09:38 AM, atheismo wrote:
Im not a christian but i find the myth of the wandering jew very interesting... after jesus's death the wandering jew cursed him and he was forced to live forever and walk around, thats why he's called a wondering jew.

i don't believe in christianity but i do believe in the wandering jew, it makes sense that if jesus' death and resurrection happened then there would be a wandering jew, but i don't rally believe in the first part. so i still believe in the wandering jew but not in christianity.

what do you think

http://en.wikipedia.org...

not possible to have both sentences true.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:31:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 6:29:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 3/25/2013 5:09:38 AM, atheismo wrote:
Im not a christian but i find the myth of the wandering jew very interesting... after jesus's death the wandering jew cursed him and he was forced to live forever and walk around, thats why he's called a wondering jew.

i don't believe in christianity but i do believe in the wandering jew, it makes sense that if jesus' death and resurrection happened then there would be a wandering jew, but i don't rally believe in the first part. so i still believe in the wandering jew but not in christianity.

what do you think

http://en.wikipedia.org...

not possible to have both sentences true.

well i think it's possible that jesus existed and was crucified... So it's greater possibility that the wandering jew is also true...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 7:01:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think this guy is a troll that's just trying to make atheists look like idiots.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:43:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've rethought my opinon on the wandering jew and since its dependent on jesus's cruxifixon i don't believe in the wandering jew anymore. I just didnt think about it long enough and you have proven me to be wrong or self-contradicting on this issue

what I dont get is why not christians review their own opinons and beliefs like i do to actually question gods existence. I try to test my opinoins all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org...

and sometimes it turns out my opinions arent right or they aren't compatible with one another, and itutrns out that the wandering jew needs to accept jesus's existnece first which i doubt
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:52:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 1:43:48 PM, atheismo wrote:
I've rethought my opinon on the wandering jew and since its dependent on jesus's cruxifixon i don't believe in the wandering jew anymore. I just didnt think about it long enough and you have proven me to be wrong or self-contradicting on this issue

what I dont get is why not christians review their own opinons and beliefs like i do to actually question gods existence. I try to test my opinoins all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org...

and sometimes it turns out my opinions arent right or they aren't compatible with one another, and itutrns out that the wandering jew needs to accept jesus's existnece first which i doubt:

So, you doubt His existence dispite all the historians that say different?
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
atheismo
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 1:56:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 1:52:21 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/25/2013 1:43:48 PM, atheismo wrote:
I've rethought my opinon on the wandering jew and since its dependent on jesus's cruxifixon i don't believe in the wandering jew anymore. I just didnt think about it long enough and you have proven me to be wrong or self-contradicting on this issue

what I dont get is why not christians review their own opinons and beliefs like i do to actually question gods existence. I try to test my opinoins all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org...

and sometimes it turns out my opinions arent right or they aren't compatible with one another, and itutrns out that the wandering jew needs to accept jesus's existnece first which i doubt:

So, you doubt His existence dispite all the historians that say different?

actually there are a lot of historians who atheist

http://en.wikipedia.org...(miscellaneous)#Historians
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 2:01:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 1:56:29 PM, atheismo wrote:
At 3/25/2013 1:52:21 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/25/2013 1:43:48 PM, atheismo wrote:
I've rethought my opinon on the wandering jew and since its dependent on jesus's cruxifixon i don't believe in the wandering jew anymore. I just didnt think about it long enough and you have proven me to be wrong or self-contradicting on this issue

what I dont get is why not christians review their own opinons and beliefs like i do to actually question gods existence. I try to test my opinoins all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org...

and sometimes it turns out my opinions arent right or they aren't compatible with one another, and itutrns out that the wandering jew needs to accept jesus's existnece first which i doubt:

So, you doubt His existence dispite all the historians that say different?

actually there are a lot of historians who atheist

http://en.wikipedia.org...(miscellaneous)#Historians:

How many doubt Jesus Christ actually lived?
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 2:40:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 1:43:48 PM, atheismo wrote:
I've rethought my opinon on the wandering jew and since its dependent on jesus's cruxifixon i don't believe in the wandering jew anymore. I just didnt think about it long enough and you have proven me to be wrong or self-contradicting on this issue

what I dont get is why not christians review their own opinons and beliefs like i do to actually question gods existence. I try to test my opinoins all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org...

and sometimes it turns out my opinions arent right or they aren't compatible with one another, and itutrns out that the wandering jew needs to accept jesus's existnece first which i doubt

If you don't believe that Jesus existed, why would you believe the "wandering Jew" exists?

I find it hard to believe that you're stupid enough to believe in "the wandering Jew". If you believe that Jesus never existed.
According to the Wikipedia link "The original legend concerns a Jew who taunted Jesus on the way to the Crucifixion and was then cursed to walk the earth until the Second Coming."
So why & how could you think to believe the "wandering Jew" story.
I'm pretty sure that this whole thing was staged from the beginning to show how righteous you are, that you "review your own opinions and beliefs", but Christians don't.
Finally, how do you know that they don't. Just because they don't make stupid threads in which they claim to "review their own opinions and beliefs", doesn't mean that they don't.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...