Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Hey y'all, need some non-Christian help, plz!

BabaAsheri
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 3:15:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have an essay to write and need some light research via a short 6-question survey. If you can help me, please dart on over and take it. It will only take a minute or two... promise!

http://www.surveymonkey.com...
BabaAsheri
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:05:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 3:15:35 PM, BabaAsheri wrote:
I have an essay to write and need some light research via a short 6-question survey. If you can help me, please dart on over and take it. It will only take a minute or two... promise!

http://www.surveymonkey.com...

I only need 20 more folks to take my little survey. Please help me out with two minutes of your time.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:15:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 3:15:35 PM, BabaAsheri wrote:
I have an essay to write and need some light research via a short 6-question survey. If you can help me, please dart on over and take it. It will only take a minute or two... promise!

http://www.surveymonkey.com...

I took it. I'm curious to know what people put for the final question.
BabaAsheri
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 8:11:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I took it. I'm curious to know what people put for the final question.

The responses I've received thus far:

????
3/26/2013 7:21 PMView Responses
It's over-represented by people who don't represent it very well.
3/26/2013 12:09 AMView Responses
1. It is false
3/26/2013 12:37 AMView Responses
religion is false
3/25/2013 9:36 PMView Responses
Note that not all criticisms apply to all forms of Christianity: 1) It doesn't matter how good you or bad you are, if you accept Jesus as your savior, you're going to heaven, if you don't, you're going to hell. This condemns the majority of people on Earth to everlasting torment. By a loving God. 2) Historical and sometimes current lack of acceptance of scientific fact (e.g. Evolution). Fact is fact - there is only one reality. God gave us Reason, we should use it. 3) In the US, the promotion of the Republican Party and a political agenda that is in many ways directly contrary to the actual message of Christ.
3/25/2013 8:52 PMView Responses
I have no objections to Christianity.
3/25/2013 8:14 PMView Responses
No objections against Christianity at all. However, I do have objections to how some Christians can act. However, this can be said of any faith's following.
3/25/2013 7:53 PMView Responses
It's not supported by the available evidence.
3/25/2013 7:15 PMView Responses
Main objection: Nobody practices it. As Gandhi said: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." The two Beatitudes preach Hippie values, yet most Christians are not Hippies. Most Christians are as money grubbing and exploitative as anyone else. Some even support the military!
3/25/2013 6:59 PMView Responses
1) Lack of evidence that Jesus is god/son of god/prophet of god? 2) Jesus said he would be back before some of the people present were dead. 3) Non-believers go to hell. 4) Problem of Hell/evil. 5) The Gospels teach that Jesus appeared to the disciples after his resurrection. Did those appearances take place in Jerusalem or in Galile? The Galilean accounts seem to rule out prior Jerusalem appearances. Where did Jesus actually appear? If he appeared in Jerusalem, how should we read the Galilean accounts? 6) I find the genealogy of Jesus provided by the Gospels confusing. Who was Jesus" paternal grandfather? (I notice that Matthew says that his grandfather was Jacob, but Luke says it was Heli). Also, I noticed that Matthew declares that Jesus was separated from King David by only twenty-eight generations, but Luke"s list shows a forty-three generation separation. 7) The genealogical line linking Jesus and King David seems to pass through Jesus" father. But since Jesus was the product of a virgin conception, then he does not share in his father"s Davidic ancestry. How is Jesus a descendent of David? 8) Trying to convert Jews. 9) Anti-semitism (ex. Crusades, Inquisition, etc.)
3/25/2013 4:52 PMView Responses
Christianity says that Jesus is God and died on the Cross, despite their own Bible saying otherwise. Jesus never says he is God in his own words in the entire bible and even asked why did God forsaken him when on the cross, showing it was not a willful sacrifice. Then we we have the fundamental flaw that allowing your own son to die when you can actually save him is actually love. No, that's murder. If someone truly loves their son, they would save them from death. If my son was about to get hit by a car, I would not stand by and let him get hit. If anything, I would sacrifice his life by jumping in front of the car. Yet we hear from christians that God actually let his son die when he could have saved him and calls it a sacrifice. Makes no sense and it is not love. That's my rejection of christianity.
3/25/2013 4:28 PMView Responses
The same as all religion. Superstitous nonsense.
3/25/2013 3:46 PMView Responses
Faith required.
3/25/2013 3:45 PMView Responses
BabaAsheri
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 8:12:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2013 6:15:44 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 3/25/2013 3:15:35 PM, BabaAsheri wrote:
I have an essay to write and need some light research via a short 6-question survey. If you can help me, please dart on over and take it. It will only take a minute or two... promise!

http://www.surveymonkey.com...

I took it. I'm curious to know what people put for the final question.

Thanks for taking it. I appreciate your time.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 9:30:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
my last question

1. Claims as sole path to salvation.
2. Highly incompatible sects
3. Sects are entirely dependent upon human interpretation of bible, even literal translations.
4. Majority of interpretations leads to requirement of worshiping an vain entity that if a human would be despised and hated by all. It is a perfect example of an abuse of power.
Fanboy
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 11:41:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2013 9:30:20 PM, slo1 wrote:
my last question

1. Claims as sole path to salvation.
2. Highly incompatible sects
3. Sects are entirely dependent upon human interpretation of bible, even literal translations.
4. Majority of interpretations leads to requirement of worshiping an vain entity that if a human would be despised and hated by all. It is a perfect example of an abuse of power.

While I disagree with Christianity, none of these imply its incorrect.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:50:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2013 11:41:31 PM, Fanboy wrote:
At 3/26/2013 9:30:20 PM, slo1 wrote:
my last question

1. Claims as sole path to salvation.
2. Highly incompatible sects
3. Sects are entirely dependent upon human interpretation of bible, even literal translations.
4. Majority of interpretations leads to requirement of worshiping an vain entity that if a human would be despised and hated by all. It is a perfect example of an abuse of power.

While I disagree with Christianity, none of these imply its incorrect.

It didn't say "why do you think christianity is incorrect?".
It says " What objection(s) do you have to Christianity?"
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 10:16:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2013 11:41:31 PM, Fanboy wrote:
At 3/26/2013 9:30:20 PM, slo1 wrote:
my last question

1. Claims as sole path to salvation.
2. Highly incompatible sects
3. Sects are entirely dependent upon human interpretation of bible, even literal translations.
4. Majority of interpretations leads to requirement of worshiping an vain entity that if a human would be despised and hated by all. It is a perfect example of an abuse of power.

While I disagree with Christianity, none of these imply its incorrect.

Well, some of it has to be incorrect. Take christian X who believes in literal context of bible and christian Y who believes the bible should be interpreted with historical and other context. They both can not be right because they both have incompatible belief systems that changes their moral and christian obligations.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 10:21:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 7:50:44 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 3/26/2013 11:41:31 PM, Fanboy wrote:
At 3/26/2013 9:30:20 PM, slo1 wrote:
my last question

1. Claims as sole path to salvation.
2. Highly incompatible sects
3. Sects are entirely dependent upon human interpretation of bible, even literal translations.
4. Majority of interpretations leads to requirement of worshiping an vain entity that if a human would be despised and hated by all. It is a perfect example of an abuse of power.

While I disagree with Christianity, none of these imply its incorrect.

It didn't say "why do you think christianity is incorrect?".
It says " What objection(s) do you have to Christianity?"

I fail to see your distinction. Are you telling me that it is improper to find something objectionable that one finds is wrong? Does that mean I have to stop objecting to the KKK? Just asking because I don't see the distinction.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 3:33:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2013 10:21:59 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/27/2013 7:50:44 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 3/26/2013 11:41:31 PM, Fanboy wrote:
At 3/26/2013 9:30:20 PM, slo1 wrote:
my last question

1. Claims as sole path to salvation.
2. Highly incompatible sects
3. Sects are entirely dependent upon human interpretation of bible, even literal translations.
4. Majority of interpretations leads to requirement of worshiping an vain entity that if a human would be despised and hated by all. It is a perfect example of an abuse of power.

While I disagree with Christianity, none of these imply its incorrect.

It didn't say "why do you think christianity is incorrect?".
It says " What objection(s) do you have to Christianity?"

I fail to see your distinction. Are you telling me that it is improper to find something objectionable that one finds is wrong? Does that mean I have to stop objecting to the KKK? Just asking because I don't see the distinction.

No, that's not what I meant at all.
I was responding to what Fanboy wrote.
Fanboy wrote that what you wrote doesn't imply that Christianity is incorrect.
All I was saying is that the intention was not necessarily to write things that disprove it, since the question asked for things one objects too, which include things that don't necessarily disprove.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...