Jump to topic:

I'm converting from Scientology.

radioactivepotatoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 4:00:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've had enough of these people. They wanted my money, and threatened to throw me out of the church if I didn't. So I left anyways. And I actually had guards who acted like this:

Yeah, enough of that Brainwashing Scienetology.

From now on, it's Paganism all the way!

http://www.paganismtoday.com...
Had enough of Scientology like me?
http://www.paganismtoday.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 4:03:39 PM
They wanted my money, and threatened to throw me out of the church if I didn't.
If you didn't want your money? Well that's ****ing stupid. Surely they realize that the cause of them having your money is advanced, not hindered, by you not having your money.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 4:26:36 PM
At 11/12/2009 4:03:39 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
They wanted my money, and threatened to throw me out of the church if I didn't.
If you didn't want your money? Well that's ****ing stupid. Surely they realize that the cause of them having your money is advanced, not hindered, by you not having your money.

Haha.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 8:12:21 AM
Instead of converting, wouldn't it make sense to just stop believing in scientology??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 8:52:54 AM
At 11/12/2009 9:34:02 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Of course they want your money. It's Scientology, nothing but a money-grabbing scam.

How is that different than any other "religious" organization? :)
President of DDO
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 10:26:02 AM
At 11/13/2009 8:52:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Of course they want your money. It's Scientology, nothing but a money-grabbing scam.

Atleast other 'religious' organizations dont make it mandatory.
BiigDogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 4:32:27 AM
At 11/13/2009 10:26:02 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 11/13/2009 8:52:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:

BS... Even 'Ghetto black churches urge strongly that you become a "member" of the church(what's a member of a church). Being a member means giving the church the power to garnish your check every 2 weeks you get payed, like the IRS.

If you do not become a member you're sort of ostrisized and if you decide to keep going to said church then you'll be an outcast.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 4:59:50 AM

Never been to a Catholic church service? :P
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 5:23:28 AM
At 11/14/2009 4:59:50 AM, Puck wrote:

Never been to a Catholic church service? :P

lol, its not "mandatory" and you can give whatever you want.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 5:33:34 AM
1. 2043 The fourth precept ("You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church") ensures the times of ascesis and penance which prepare us for the liturgical feasts and help us acquire mastery over our instincts and freedom of heart.

The fifth precept ("You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church") means that the faithful are obliged to assist with the material needs of the Church, each according to his own ability.

The faithful also have the duty of providing for the material needs of the Church, each according to his own abilities.

2. CIC, c. 222):
§1. The Christian faithful are obliged to assist with the needs of the Church so that the Church has what is necessary for divine worship, for apostolic works and works of charity and for the decent sustenance of ministers.
§2. They are also obliged to promote social justice and, mindful of the precept of the Lord, to assist the poor from their own resources.

==

It is a Catholic's duty, as ordained by the Pope, to provide for the minister and the church. :)