Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Atheism is self refuting and circular

Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being. It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 2:52:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So theism is the belief in a God right? so anyone who believes in God is a theist! WOW circular logic.

Theism says a god exists. But to say a God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being. It is self-refuting because the theist must first assume he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "theism presupposes theism."

Theism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Theists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

Interesting thoughts..
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:16:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

But in order to spell "atheism", you have to take "theism" and then add the "a". Therefore, atheism does presuppose theism! Otherwise you couldn't spell it.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:25:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:16:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

But in order to spell "atheism", you have to take "theism" and then add the "a". Therefore, atheism does presuppose theism! Otherwise you couldn't spell it.

That's actually a better argument than the one in the OP lol
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.
Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:32:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.

Where is the proof of God? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and all throughout us. Our very existence proves the existence of a Creator God.
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:35:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:32:36 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.

Where is the proof of God? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and all throughout us.

I've looked, and saw no fingerprints. Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Our very existence proves the existence of a Creator God.

No it doesn't. "God exists" does not follow from "humans exist". That's a non-sequitur. You are going to have to bridge the gap with internal premises to make that case.
Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:37:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:35:18 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:32:36 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.

Where is the proof of God? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and all throughout us.

I've looked, and saw no fingerprints. Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Our very existence proves the existence of a Creator God.

No it doesn't. "God exists" does not follow from "humans exist". That's a non-sequitur. You are going to have to bridge the gap with internal premises to make that case.

You just cant see it. Ur blind
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 3:40:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:37:35 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:35:18 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:32:36 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.

Where is the proof of God? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and all throughout us.

I've looked, and saw no fingerprints. Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Our very existence proves the existence of a Creator God.

No it doesn't. "God exists" does not follow from "humans exist". That's a non-sequitur. You are going to have to bridge the gap with internal premises to make that case.

You just cant see it. Ur blind

Or maybe you are seeing something that isn't there?
autodidact
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:49:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:40:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:37:35 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:35:18 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:32:36 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.

Where is the proof of God? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and all throughout us.

I've looked, and saw no fingerprints. Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Our very existence proves the existence of a Creator God.

No it doesn't. "God exists" does not follow from "humans exist". That's a non-sequitur. You are going to have to bridge the gap with internal premises to make that case.

You just cant see it. Ur blind

Or maybe you are seeing something that isn't there?

The mind is capable of making things seem so real even if it is just a dream.
eastcoastsamuel
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 10:36:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2013 3:32:36 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:26:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:25:12 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 4/1/2013 3:09:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 2:48:21 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
So atheism is the lack of belief in a God right? so anyone who lacks belief in God is an atheist! WOW circular logic.

Atheism says no god exist. But to say no God exists you have the reason that God is an entiety and a perfect meaningful being.

No it's not. It's to say God doesn't exist, nothing more lol

It is self-refuting because the atheist must first assume the opposite of what he is trying to prove in order to be able to prove anything. As Dr. Cornelius VanTil put it, "[A]theism presupposes theism."

No, the Atheist does not.


Atheism presupposes theism because theism can explain anything by God. Atheists can' explain everything, but think they can. Self refuting like a snake eating itself

That made no sense. Atheism does not presuppose theism, just because God can potentially explain everything, but Atheism can't. That's a non-sequitur.

YOu ignored everything just convert now

I didn't ignore anything. I was showing you that your argument makes no sense, and is a non-sequitur.

Where is the proof of God? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and all throughout us. Our very existence proves the existence of a Creator God.

Is this a convincing argument?

Where is the proof of Santa Claus? If we're willing to open our eyes, we'll see the fingerprints of Santa Claus all around us and all throughout us. Our very existence proves the existence of Santa Claus.