Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Faith Of God

elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 6:54:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

The purpose of quoting from one of your Story Books is supposed to do what?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,051
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 12:24:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

elisur Circumcision will not save anyone! Faith working in LOVE, saves!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The one who does what is right is righteous.
elisur To be RIGHTEOUS you must do right!

Only the RIGHTEOUS are saved!
The righteous have Good works of the heart.. they are the faithful!
Eph 2:10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We MUST do Good words!
Created in Christ Jesus to do good works
All in CHRIST do works as Christ.. Pick up your cross and follow!
All in CHRIST>> Christians; Plow without looking back!

Dogknox
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:05:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 12:24:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

elisur Circumcision will not save anyone! Faith working in LOVE, saves!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The one who does what is right is righteous.
elisur To be RIGHTEOUS you must do right!

Only the RIGHTEOUS are saved!
The righteous have Good works of the heart.. they are the faithful!
Eph 2:10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We MUST do Good words!
Created in Christ Jesus to do good works
All in CHRIST do works as Christ.. Pick up your cross and follow!
All in CHRIST>> Christians; Plow without looking back!

Dogknox

Your preferred Story book words are nothing more than a ' con job '.

The total combined legitimate evidence even a single word came from or was inspired by a literal Supernatural god, remains a constant zero!

Posts like YOURS attest to that!
Founder
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:05:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 12:24:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

elisur Circumcision will not save anyone! Faith working in LOVE, saves!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The one who does what is right is righteous.
elisur To be RIGHTEOUS you must do right!

Only the RIGHTEOUS are saved!
The righteous have Good works of the heart.. they are the faithful!
Eph 2:10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We MUST do Good words!
Created in Christ Jesus to do good works
All in CHRIST do works as Christ.. Pick up your cross and follow!
All in CHRIST>> Christians; Plow without looking back!

Dogknox

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

I think you gave the wrong impression. We're made righteous only through Christ, the law or good works can't save. I think you're saying genuine faith will produce good works, yes that's true. However, the good works don't save you. We're saved by faith through God's unmerited grace, not by our own efforts or by following rules. No work can earn salvation, but our transformed lives through Jesus will result in acts of service. Because salvation is a gift, we should respond with gratitude, praise and joy.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:13:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 1:05:47 AM, Founder wrote:
At 4/4/2013 12:24:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

elisur Circumcision will not save anyone! Faith working in LOVE, saves!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The one who does what is right is righteous.
elisur To be RIGHTEOUS you must do right!

Only the RIGHTEOUS are saved!
The righteous have Good works of the heart.. they are the faithful!
Eph 2:10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We MUST do Good words!
Created in Christ Jesus to do good works
All in CHRIST do works as Christ.. Pick up your cross and follow!
All in CHRIST>> Christians; Plow without looking back!

Dogknox

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

I think you gave the wrong impression. We're made righteous only through Christ, the law or good works can't save. I think you're saying genuine faith will produce good works, yes that's true. However, the good works don't save you. We're saved by faith through God's unmerited grace, not by our own efforts or by following rules. No work can earn salvation, but our transformed lives through Jesus will result in acts of service. Because salvation is a gift, we should respond with gratitude, praise and joy.

It can't be by Works If it were truly by ' Grace ' and exposes the Story book sacrifice of jebus as another ' con job ', because ' Grace ' doesn't require a human or animal sacrifice and thereby is sustained the fact that the sacrifice of Story book jebus was a sham cf. Deut. 24:16 & Ezek. 18:20
Founder
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:30:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 1:05:47 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/4/2013 12:24:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

elisur Circumcision will not save anyone! Faith working in LOVE, saves!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The one who does what is right is righteous.
elisur To be RIGHTEOUS you must do right!

Only the RIGHTEOUS are saved!
The righteous have Good works of the heart.. they are the faithful!
Eph 2:10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We MUST do Good words!
Created in Christ Jesus to do good works
All in CHRIST do works as Christ.. Pick up your cross and follow!
All in CHRIST>> Christians; Plow without looking back!

Dogknox

Your preferred Story book words are nothing more than a ' con job '.

The total combined legitimate evidence even a single word came from or was inspired by a literal Supernatural god, remains a constant zero!

Posts like YOURS attest to that!

What great reasoning! Why did I never think of that? Of course, now I know the Bible isn't true. I actually disagree with you. The total combined legitimate evidence that every single word came from and was inspired by the only true God is great! Let's just scratch the surface.

The unity of the Bible attests to it's inspired authorship. The Bible is unlike any other religious book. Despite forty authors writing from three continents over nearly two thousand years, it maintains a perfect consistency of message. Its words point unerringly to Christ, whose work on the cross was ordained by God, the true author of the Bible, before the world began.

Fulfilled prophecy


With impeccable accuracy, the Bible has consistently unveiled the future for centuries. Daniel describes the exact ebb and flow of four empires from Babylon to Medo-Persia to Greece to Rome. He even foresaw the meteoric rise to power of the Greek conqueror Alexander the Great, as well as the final division of his Greek empire by four of his surviving generals (Daniel 7:6, 8:5-8, 11:2-4). Also all, 311 Messianic prophecies were fulfilled. There are many other examples.

Science in the Bible


The Bible offers many specific examples of amazingly accurate science, and science has uncovered many amazing evidences that the universe and earth are young, as the Bible describes.

Astronomy

Stars are innumerable (Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22)
Stars differ in glory (1 Corinthians 15:41) Stars follow a predictable pattern (Jeremiah 31:35)
Earth is round, not flat (Isaiah 40:22; Psalm 103:12)
Earth hangs on nothing (not built on pillars) (Job 26:7)

This is just a few examples. This doesn't prove the Bible, but it's consistent. If you wish to debate then challenge me. If not I'll no longer be replying here.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:48:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 1:30:53 AM, Founder wrote:
This is just a few examples. This doesn't prove the Bible, but it's consistent.

If you wish to debate then challenge me. If not I'll no longer be replying here.

There's nothing to challenge?

You admitted immediately after you presented your propaganda that it (quote) " . . . . doesn't prove the Bible ".
Founder
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:53:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 1:13:26 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/4/2013 1:05:47 AM, Founder wrote:
At 4/4/2013 12:24:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2013 6:07:52 AM, elisur wrote:
(KJV) Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the FAITH OF GOD without effect?

elisur Circumcision will not save anyone! Faith working in LOVE, saves!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The one who does what is right is righteous.
elisur To be RIGHTEOUS you must do right!

Only the RIGHTEOUS are saved!
The righteous have Good works of the heart.. they are the faithful!
Eph 2:10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We MUST do Good words!
Created in Christ Jesus to do good works
All in CHRIST do works as Christ.. Pick up your cross and follow!
All in CHRIST>> Christians; Plow without looking back!

Dogknox

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

I think you gave the wrong impression. We're made righteous only through Christ, the law or good works can't save. I think you're saying genuine faith will produce good works, yes that's true. However, the good works don't save you. We're saved by faith through God's unmerited grace, not by our own efforts or by following rules. No work can earn salvation, but our transformed lives through Jesus will result in acts of service. Because salvation is a gift, we should respond with gratitude, praise and joy.

It can't be by Works If it were truly by ' Grace ' and exposes the Story book sacrifice of jebus as another ' con job ', because ' Grace ' doesn't require a human or animal sacrifice and thereby is sustained the fact that the sacrifice of Story book jebus was a sham cf. Deut. 24:16 & Ezek. 18:20

By what standard are you saying grace doesn't require a sacrifice? Salvation has never been through keeping the law. Even before Christ a perfect lamb had to be sacrificed in order to atone for peoples sins, but they had to do it every year and it was only temporary. This reminded the people how bad sin actually was, that no one could keep the law, and that it took a perfect lambs blood to cover their sins. The lamb symbolized what was to come -- the lamb of God, Jesus. Jesus died because the sacrificial system only atoned for sin temporarily. When we place our faith and trust in Jesus, his blood erases our sin, while the sacrificial system only covered it for a short amount of time.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 1:59:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 1:53:14 AM, Founder wrote:
By what standard are you saying grace doesn't require a sacrifice?

(Christian theology) the free and unmerited favour or beneficence of God. (Wordweb)

d : disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)
Founder
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 2:05:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 1:48:59 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/4/2013 1:30:53 AM, Founder wrote:
This is just a few examples. This doesn't prove the Bible, but it's consistent.

If you wish to debate then challenge me. If not I'll no longer be replying here.

There's nothing to challenge?

You admitted immediately after you presented your propaganda that it (quote) " . . . . doesn't prove the Bible ".

You clearly don't understand. The above lines of evidence are certainly consistent with the premise that the Bible is true. However, critics have their counterarguments to all the above. All the way from "it's just a coincidence" or "it was written after the fact." This evidence doesn't conclusively prove the Bible. In order to prove the Bible in an irrefutable manner, we Christians take a different approach then just throwing around consistencies like what I've mentioned. I wanna appeal to your intellectual curiosity and hopefully sense of fairness by asking you to read, "The Ultimate Proof of Creation" by Jason Lisle PhD. By investigating the other side on this matter you'll avoid setting up straw man arguments.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 2:58:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2013 2:05:36 AM, Founder wrote:
At 4/4/2013 1:48:59 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/4/2013 1:30:53 AM, Founder wrote:
This is just a few examples. This doesn't prove the Bible, but it's consistent.

If you wish to debate then challenge me. If not I'll no longer be replying here.

There's nothing to challenge?

You admitted immediately after you presented your propaganda that it (quote) " . . . . doesn't prove the Bible ".

You clearly don't understand. The above lines of evidence are certainly consistent with the premise that the Bible is true. However, critics have their counterarguments to all the above. All the way from "it's just a coincidence" or "it was written after the fact." This evidence doesn't conclusively prove the Bible. In order to prove the Bible in an irrefutable manner, we Christians take a different approach then just throwing around consistencies like what I've mentioned. I wanna appeal to your intellectual curiosity and hopefully sense of fairness by asking you to read, "The Ultimate Proof of Creation" by Jason Lisle PhD. By investigating the other side on this matter you'll avoid setting up straw man arguments.

As usual you self-acclaimed believers & pretend preferred Story book readers try to place the onus on your adversaries to prove themselves!

Had you even a tiny inkling of this Story book you ' claim ' to follow & obey, you wouldn't be making such stupid demands; for you would know that the onus is upon those dupes like YOU to ' prove their preferred Story Book teachings ' and not the straw-man BS you typically imply!

1. You are commanded to ' test / prove everything ' (cf. 1 Thess. 5:21) e.g. RSV Satanic catholic Cult Story book 1966 edition./ Your preferred Story book version?

That testing/ proving! includes testing / proving your supposed evidence (which you have none by your admissions!)

What you do offer is " i)

#1: This doesn't prove the Bible
, but it's consistent.

#2: ii) This evidence doesn't conclusively prove the Bible. "

Thereby it is by your own admission, inconclusive = . . . . not putting an end to doubt or question. (Wordweb)

As you have NO conclusive evidence by your own admissions #1: & #2: above, then you & your ideolgy FAILED the Test!

&

2. Your Cult Story book also commands you to ' fulfil your ministry ' (2 Tim. 4:5) Or Your alleged preferred version?

Hence, as your ' ministry ' is to preach your choice of Cults ' inconclusive propaganda ', then it is encumbent upon those like you to ' fulfill ' the requirements your Cult Story book demands; by presenting the legitimate supportive evidence for your Cults claims and NOT the Straw-man BS inferred straw-man propaganda you currently offer!

IF you wish to present the main thrust(s) of this other Story book of your preferred further propaganda, then by all means let's see if it conclusively proves your Cult cause OR remains just more BS propaganda you choose to be duped by even more?