Jump to topic:

What deities is to Christian?

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 11:14:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Local ghost, pagan gods etc. What are their relationship to Christian? Are they unreal for god is the only real deity? or they are real but are an enemies of god? or it doesn't matter?
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 11:30:33 AM
At 4/8/2013 11:14:55 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
Local ghost, pagan gods etc. What are their relationship to Christian? Are they unreal for god is the only real deity? or they are real but are an enemies of god? or it doesn't matter?

I think they disbelieve in any other "God".
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 11:31:00 AM
Though some just claim that they don't worship other gods, and that's enough.

May the best man win!
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 12:39:02 PM

Many could possibly be very real......real spirit that is, not necessarily a god, which is why there are so many variations of "spiritual experience". Obviously it's quite clear in the OT that there are other spirits and principalities in the heavenly realms but they are an abomination to God because there is only One real deal lol. Actually there are many spirits but only one God creator.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 12:39:33 PM

I believe that it is not necessary to deny the existence of other "supernatural" entities, but rather to deny them "deity" status.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 12:48:44 PM
At 4/8/2013 12:39:33 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I believe that it is not necessary to deny the existence of other "supernatural" entities, but rather to deny them "deity" status.

This sounds about right.

May the best man win!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 2:38:19 PM
Ba'al exists, Molech exists, but they are inferior gods according to the OT.

Old Testament is henotheistic, not monotheistic contrary to popular belief.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:40:54 PM
Local ghost, pagan gods etc. What are their relationship to Christian? Are they unreal for god is the only real deity? or they are real but are an enemies of god? or it doesn't matter?:

Some are enemies and some are for God. Christianity believes that there are many entities but all are created by God.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 4:40:28 AM
At 4/8/2013 12:39:02 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Actually there are many spirits but only one God creator.

Oops!

Story book disagrees with you! -

[There is] one body, and one Spirit, . . . . (Eph. 4:4) KJV Story book

Your mentor moi!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 4:46:44 AM
At 4/8/2013 3:40:54 PM, Pennington wrote:
Local ghost, pagan gods etc. What are their relationship to Christian? Are they unreal for god is the only real deity? or they are real but are an enemies of god? or it doesn't matter?:

Some are enemies and some are for God. Christianity believes that there are many entities but all are created by God.

1. Prove to me there are ANY Literal Supernatural god(s)?

2. Make a List of these ' enemies ' of the Story book god you claim to believe literally exists & your reasons they are Story book god(s) enemies?

3. Evidence why Story book god(s) created its/their own enemies?

Your mentor moi!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 5:49:58 AM
Obviously, the Book of Job et al. teach there are angels, and indeed fallen angels such as Satan. Angels are considered 'supernatural' entities in that they exist outside of nature; they are form without matter. The distinction must be drawn, then, in that which is Divine and that which is merely beyond nature. God is Divine; St. Michael, the other angels, Satan, and his demons are not.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 5:51:28 AM
At 4/9/2013 4:46:44 AM, Composer wrote:

1. Prove to me there are ANY Literal Supernatural god(s)?:
I am not God therefore I have not the ability to make God do anything.

2. Make a List of these ' enemies ' of the Story book god you claim to believe literally exists & your reasons they are Story book god(s) enemies?
Satan/Lucifer &
1/3 of the host of heaven which is millions or billions of angels. Because they chose to not follow God.

3. Evidence why Story book god(s) created its/their own enemies?:
Free-will to choose to be enemies, simple, Love.

Funny you my mentor and I wiped you out in that debate. :(
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 8:19:44 AM
At 4/9/2013 4:46:44 AM, Composer wrote:

1. Prove to me there are ANY Literal Supernatural god(s)?:

At 4/9/2013 5:51:28 AM, Pennington wrote:
I am not God therefore I have not the ability to make God do anything.

Actually that is another of your lies had you been a genuine believer, however I rpoved you are NOT!

But IF you were it is a simple case of asking Story book jebus the following e.g. -

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it]. (John 14:12-14) KJV Story book. Thus proving that ANY believer shall do ' greater miracles than Story book jebus ' and proves also this promise IS NOT made only or restricted to the Story book Apostles! & If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7) English Standard Version (ESV) Story book

This of course only applies to ANY ' genuine believer ' hence you are discounted as a jebus fraud & reject, LOL!

&

Also I didn't ask your imaginary friend to prove itself!

It is incumbent upon ' ANY genuine believer ' for them to PROVE their god is literal -

1. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thess. 5:21) KJV Story book

2. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. {make...; or, fulfil} (2 Tim. 4:5) KJV Story book

As I have already proved at the Debate & in the various Posts, YOU ARE NOT A GENUINE BELIVER, but a fraud, a liar & a jebus reject!

Composer asked earlier -

Satan/Lucifer

Re: Satan -

Now that's interesting knave & jebus reject!

My YLT & E. Diaglott bibles make NO mention of ANY term Satan in their text?

Re: Lucifer: -

The irony for those who refer to Lucifer as a baddy, is that the same title ('morning star' or 'light-bearer') is used to refer to jebus, in 2 Peter 1:19, where the Greek text has exactly the same term: 'phos-phoros' 'light-bearer.' This is also the term used for jebus in Revelation 22:16.

So accordingly to YOUR ideology, this jebus was created ' to be Story book gods enemy? ' LOL!

You are a proven dimwit, disingenous believer & rejected by Story book jebus the ' eternal Jew! '. LOL!

Funny you my mentor and I wiped you out in that debate. :(
No you didn't legitimately!

I proved you are a liar, a fraud, & Story book jebus was an eternal Jew!

Your truly vindicated mentor moi!
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 8:25:55 AM
At 4/9/2013 8:19:44 AM, Composer wrote:
I see that your 40 something year old who is childish enough to continue to write, jebus. You are foolish enough to insult people instead of actually talking to them. You are not worth the time of day, you are a despicable person or troll. Be gone, I'm done with you, never again will I respond to you.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 12:10:28 PM
So he is the god of burning bush who seek to cast every other spirit in to the dark like Olympian done to the Titan? Or may be more appropriate to say, his rebellious children sine he is technically father of all.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 1:02:22 PM
At 4/9/2013 12:10:28 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
So he is the god of burning bush who seek to cast every other spirit in to the dark like Olympian done to the Titan? Or may be more appropriate to say, his rebellious children sine he is technically father of all.:

1/3 is against Him and 2/3 are for. Yes he created them all.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 5:09:36 PM
At 4/9/2013 4:40:28 AM, Composer wrote:

Oops!

Your mentor moi!

"Spirit" is capitalized goof ball, I know what is in my Bible and I know there is but one God. Now I know you are slow, but please don't tell me you think there is but one single spirit that exists lol!? Looks like you need to touch up your old notes.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 7:43:22 PM
Deuteronomy 6:4
"Hear, O Israel: the LORD is our God, the LORD is one"
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 12:32:51 AM
At 4/9/2013 8:25:55 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/9/2013 8:19:44 AM, Composer wrote:
I see that your 40 something year old who is childish enough to continue to write, jebus. You are foolish enough to insult people instead of actually talking to them. You are not worth the time of day, you are a despicable person or troll. Be gone, I'm done with you, never again will I respond to you.

Your choice to fail to prove your ministry you proven Debate & Thread loser and proven jebus the eternal Jew reject!

I shall certainly still be watching your constant Snake-Oil Posts and continuing to successfully refute them!

Your vindicated mentor moi!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 12:41:40 AM
At 4/9/2013 5:09:36 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 4/9/2013 4:40:28 AM, Composer wrote:

Oops!

Your mentor moi!

"Spirit" is capitalized goof ball, I know what is in my Bible and I know there is but one God. Now I know you are slow, but please don't tell me you think there is but one single spirit that exists lol!? Looks like you need to touch up your old notes.

Capitalized makes no difference whatsoever knave!

There remains one Spirit or one spirit and your remain a goof-ball losing Knave = knave!

That one alleged trinitarian Spirit/spirit is in reference to the same Story book Spirit / spirit that has a taste for an already married virgin, screws her, makes her pregnant, then refuses to Marry her, instead dumps their bastard child on to a Real Man & yet Cuckold (Joseph) then hands back his soiled wife for his turn! (Luke 1:35)

Oh that Spirit/spirit, LOL!

matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 12:49:20 PM
At 4/9/2013 7:43:22 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Yes we all got that already, we're talking about spirits, not God, as in other spiritual beings like Angels, demons, false gods, our own spirit ect...those are all "spirits", we all have a spirit. "THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD" I already said plain and clear, but God does not exist alone lol there are many beings, not gods. IDK, maybe people don't know the difference between God and a spirit?
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 1:01:42 PM
God is a Spirit not a spirit, see the difference? Just like when I say God as opposed to god. There is only one Spirit is not the same as spirits lol, any being is a spirit that is not in physical form.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 4:39:43 AM
At 4/10/2013 12:49:20 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 4/9/2013 7:43:22 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Yes we all got that already, we're talking about spirits, not God, as in other spiritual beings like Angels, demons, false gods, our own spirit ect...those are all "spirits", we all have a spirit. "THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD" I already said plain and clear, but God does not exist alone lol there are many beings, not gods. IDK, maybe people don't know the difference between God and a spirit?

That was for Composer excuse me lol.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 4:52:58 AM
At 4/10/2013 1:05:34 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Try Wikipedia Composer.

The bible fails you dimwit so you run to Wikipedia instead, that figures knave, LOL!

The EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Greek to English NT Interlinear often uses ' spirit ' as in

. . . . oneness of the spirit . . . . (Eph. 4:3)

& One body and one spirit Eph. 4:4

So we have dimwits like YOU that find your bible wanting and then rush to Wikipedia for support instead? LOL!

I love your entertainment value!
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:03:11 AM
At 4/11/2013 4:52:58 AM, Composer wrote:
Try Wikipedia Composer.

The bible fails you dimwit so you run to Wikipedia instead, that figures knave, LOL!

The EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Greek to English NT Interlinear often uses ' spirit ' as in

So we have dimwits like YOU that find your bible wanting and then rush to Wikipedia for support instead? LOL!

Does not the Bible contain other spiritual beings? Of course it does, you just don't understand the verse you keep quoting from, but that should be no surprise to me you always do.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:04:55 AM
At 4/9/2013 1:02:22 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/9/2013 12:10:28 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
So he is the god of burning bush who seek to cast every other spirit in to the dark like Olympian done to the Titan? Or may be more appropriate to say, his rebellious children sine he is technically father of all.:

1/3 is against Him and 2/3 are for. Yes he created them all.

Dimwitted jebus the eternal jew reject Pennington fails again here as I again decimate his claims using his own Story book -

1. For the wages of sin [is] death; . . . (Rom. 6:23) KJV story book

2. ALL Supernatural spirit angels never die (Luke 20:36) KJV story book (Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; . . . .)

If you can never die, then you can never sin

The ' angels/angelos (Grk.) that sinned / fell ' (2 Pet. 2:4, Jude 6) KJV Story book, can not refer to Supernatural angels/messengers!

They refer to Story book disobedient/corrupt humans/angelos/messengers!

The catholic popes are a fine example!

QED
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:20:30 AM
At 4/11/2013 5:03:11 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Try Wikipedia Composer.

Does not the Bible contain other spiritual beings? Of course it does,

Lol!, Lol!

Now you are forced to move your goalposts because I proved YOU WERE WRONG!

Your Story book apparently does mention ' other spirits ' but considering it also states there is but ONE (Eph. 4:4) Then the simple yet accurate answer for these other spirits is that YOUR Story book is a self-contradicting pile of human concocted manure!

you just don't understand the verse you keep quoting from, but that should be no surprise to me you always do.

I understand YOU don't know what you are talking about and YOUR Story book is a self-contradicting pile of human devised CRAP!

You remain most entertaining though!

matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 5:55:43 AM
At 4/11/2013 5:20:30 AM, Composer wrote:
Try Wikipedia Composer.

Lol!, Lol!

Your Story book apparently does mention ' other spirits ' but considering it also states there is but ONE (Eph. 4:4) Then the simple yet accurate answer for these other spirits is that YOUR Story book is a self-contradicting pile of human concocted manure!

you just don't understand the verse you keep quoting from, but that should be no surprise to me you always do.

I understand YOU don't know what you are talking about and YOUR Story book is a self-contradicting pile of human devised CRAP!

Great, so now that we know that I was right lol I'm gonna give you some helpful pointers.
The Bible does not contradict itself when it says that there is one Spirit, that is true just as there is only one God there is only one Spirit that is God's Spirit. Our own spirit as well as other spirits are not the Spirit of the Lord but we can become "one"
with the Spirit of God by conforming to His spirit, read John 3:1-8 and 1 Corinthians 2:10-16
The whole point of the Gospel and becoming christian is to be born of the Spirit and our own spirit to conform to the Spirit of the Lord. When we conform to God's Spirit our spirits become one because there is only one Spirit that is God's lol.
Likewise when we as believers move together as one "spirit"(the Spirit of God that is) we become as one accord because we move from the Spirit that is God's, therefore we are unified (oneness). Acts
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 7:45:08 PM
At 4/11/2013 5:55:43 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 5:20:30 AM, Composer wrote:
Try Wikipedia Composer.

Lol!, Lol!

Great, so now that we know that I was right lol

YOU WERE WRONG!
But still very entertaining!

I'm gonna give you some helpful pointers.

Having read what you wrote before & now YOU REMAIN WRONG & IN ERROR! My PROOFS - READ ON -

The Bible does not contradict itself when it says that there is one Spirit, that is true just as there is only one God there is only one Spirit that is God's Spirit. Our own spirit as well as other spirits are not the Spirit of the Lord but we can become "one" with the Spirit of God by conforming to His spirit,

Eccl 12:7 (KJS) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Hence this ONE spirit came from Story book god & returns to it!

So it is already IN US (says Story book) and thereby as it came from it, we ALL already ' conform to it ' innately '. (apparently? says Story book) Unless your Cult believes your Story book god sent a corrupted spirit?

read John 3:1-8 and 1 Corinthians 2:10-16
Nah!

YOU need to read Eph. 4:4, Col. 1:16 & Eccl. 12:7, just ask & I'll be happy to explain them correctly again to you!

The whole point of the Gospel and becoming christian is to be born of the Spirit and our own spirit to conform to the Spirit of the Lord. When we conform to God's Spirit our spirits become one because there is only one Spirit that is God's lol.

As I corrected you already, see Eccl. 12:7!

There is absolutely NO need to ' become anything ' IF Story book god maintains the standards of ' forgiveness ' it expects of others!

18:22 Jesus said to him, "Not seven times, I tell you, but seventy-seven times!33 (Matthew 18:22) NET story book

33 tn Or "seventy times seven," i.e., an unlimited number of times. See L&N 60.74 and 60.77 for the two possible translations of the phrase. (Source: http://net.bible.org...)

Hence NO person has to do a damn thing despite what Cults like yours drivel!

Likewise when we as believers move together as one "spirit"(the Spirit of God that is) we become as one accord because we move from the Spirit that is God's, therefore we are unified (oneness). Acts

Explain to me why then there are thousands of competing Cults like yours, ALL ' claiming ' they are the correct one? ' LOL!