Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Scientology

cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:30:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.

scientology is the study that humans are actually immortal but we just forgot about it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:40:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Scientology is the religion based around a crappy lie-detector device, created by a megalomaniac who literally said "If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion." Shortly before starting his own religion with a convenient mythology of science-fiction. Despite the recent start, they've put themselves up in the big leagues of poor behavior.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:43:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 6:40:13 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Scientology is the religion based around a crappy lie-detector device, created by a megalomaniac who literally said "If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion." Shortly before starting his own religion with a convenient mythology of science-fiction. Despite the recent start, they've put themselves up in the big leagues of poor behavior.

^ This

They also basically sell prestige within the organization, while casually tossing aside the financially dessicated husks of those adherents which they have managed to suck dry.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:49:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 6:30:53 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.

scientology is the study that humans are actually immortal but we just forgot about it

Damn, i knew i was missing something. well awesome that means i can take that jumping trip off the grand canyon without a shoot!

I'M OFF!
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 7:08:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 6:49:48 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:30:53 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.

scientology is the study that humans are actually immortal but we just forgot about it

Damn, i knew i was missing something. well awesome that means i can take that jumping trip off the grand canyon without a shoot!

I'M OFF!

by forgot I mean they forgot and put themselves in material forms they were in energy forms you can still die dude
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 7:37:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 7:08:24 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:49:48 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:30:53 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.

scientology is the study that humans are actually immortal but we just forgot about it

Damn, i knew i was missing something. well awesome that means i can take that jumping trip off the grand canyon without a shoot!

I'M OFF!

by forgot I mean they forgot and put themselves in material forms they were in energy forms you can still die dude

Pretty sure he was being a smart-aleck.

On topic: You haven't been audited, have you?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:02:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 7:37:14 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 7:08:24 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:49:48 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:30:53 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.

scientology is the study that humans are actually immortal but we just forgot about it

Damn, i knew i was missing something. well awesome that means i can take that jumping trip off the grand canyon without a shoot!

I'M OFF!

by forgot I mean they forgot and put themselves in material forms they were in energy forms you can still die dude

Pretty sure he was being a smart-aleck.

On topic: You haven't been audited, have you?

no I don't even like the beliefs of it. it is very misguided. also it is basically a cult
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:24:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's a major corporation that gets tax benefits by claiming it is a religion.

The founder was a science fiction writer who refused to let his clientielle/believers ever see psychologists/psychiatrists, made them cut off contact with non believers and controlled the milieu exactly how a cult would, they milk millions from people by promising they can give you powers of telekinesis, and almost every founder of Scientology is/was on the run from the American government wiretapping the IRS, kidnapping people who tried to leave the cult and holding them until death, and other such violations.

The Founder believed homosexuality was a sickness and was a direct cause of his homosexual son's suicide. He stated openly at a science fiction convention that the best way to make money is to "start a religion."
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:25:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 8:02:44 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 7:37:14 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 7:08:24 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:49:48 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:30:53 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:29:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others

Don't know much about it, though i will say that i do believe in the merge of religion and science, i could give my thoughts on it, but boy there is just not enough time in the day.

scientology is the study that humans are actually immortal but we just forgot about it

Damn, i knew i was missing something. well awesome that means i can take that jumping trip off the grand canyon without a shoot!

I'M OFF!

by forgot I mean they forgot and put themselves in material forms they were in energy forms you can still die dude

Pretty sure he was being a smart-aleck.

On topic: You haven't been audited, have you?

no I don't even like the beliefs of it. it is very misguided. also it is basically a cult

It's a mix between a cult and a multi-national business.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:36:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 8:32:16 PM, Composer wrote:
Wasn't Tom Cruise a faithful member until he recently ' dumped them? '.

He was although I didn't know he "dumped" them.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:39:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 8:36:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/12/2013 8:32:16 PM, Composer wrote:
Wasn't Tom Cruise a faithful member until he recently ' dumped them? '.

He was although I didn't know he "dumped" them.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't. He has gotten some special consideration and been allowed to continue to associate with his daughter and ex-wife despite them leaving, though, I believe.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:43:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=meN7Nb--q7w
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:44:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 8:43:54 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:58:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I just read about it and I think its a bit extreme but I want to hear thoughts from others.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=meN7Nb--q7w

https://www.youtube.com...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 8:49:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/12/2013 8:39:01 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 8:36:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/12/2013 8:32:16 PM, Composer wrote:
Wasn't Tom Cruise a faithful member until he recently ' dumped them? '.

He was although I didn't know he "dumped" them.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't. He has gotten some special consideration and been allowed to continue to associate with his daughter and ex-wife despite them leaving, though, I believe.

This ' special considerations apparently proportional to his large financial contributions. i.e. Even gods representitives will get their god to offer special consideration if the $money offered is large enough!

The catholics I believe also used to $Sell ' special dispensations ? '.

I get it!
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 5:52:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just thought I would put this out there; when my dad was younger he got audited with a friend. He asked a lot of questions during it, but his friend didn't. When it was done, his friend got offered a position in the church, but they told my dad that his thetan level was too low.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.